Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Muscle Matters!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2010, 12:05 PM   #1591
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Firm Hottie
Stats: Too big/-15/Just right
WOE: Lower carb & weight training
Hey guys!

Karla - How are you feeling now? I hope better. How was class yesterday? Oh no, I hope the A/C is an easy fix!

Ileen - did you get caught up on your rest?

Ayana - WTG on the race, and OMG does your cheat meal sound yummy!

Jami - I hope you're having a ball with your photo shoot. You worked so very hard for this day, and I hope you're enjoying it. When will you have the pics? Not that I'm impatient or anything!

I submitted my second biweekly today. I only lost 1.5 more pounds, but also got rid of 3.25 more inches. Who knew that you could only lose 3.5 lbs in a month, but also 8 inches in that same amount of time? I still have so far to go, but at least I'm finally on the right path now!

I've maxed out my adjustable DBs with the weight plates that I currently have, so I've got to go get some more plates this week. Of course my Walmart didn't have the 5s that I wanted to get, so I'll have to get them elsewhere.

Sponsored Links
Old 05-04-2010, 12:41 PM   #1592
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: LowCarbRachel
Stats: 155/143.4/135
WOE: OKL
Start Date: October 2014
Jami, I loved reading your post. Very thoughtful appraisal of your first twelve weeks. I'm excited to see your photos.

Ayana, your free meal sounds yummy. The cleaner I eat, the harder it is to choose what I want to have for a free meal. My daughter's birthday was on Sunday, so I took a free meal and had crab cakes, angel hair pasta with shrimp, and a few bites of chocolate cheesecake. I was so full afterwards but luckily didn't experience any bad side effects!

Laura, 8" is incredble. I can't believe you've been working with Erik for a month already, wow! How many weeks will you do with him?

Karla, glad you are feeling better!

Illean, do you work with Erik year round or do you take breaks?

Still doing my workouts and eating clean. I haven't gotten in to see my trainer yet, but I will do measurements again tomorrow.

Hi to everyone who I missed...this thread moves really fast!
Old 05-04-2010, 02:33 PM   #1593

Gallery: inatic
Stats: 182+/126 5'4 51!yo 16/4 *5* kidlets later!
WOE: Coach:Erik Ledin leanbodies consulting
Start Date: LowER C since 2/02 wt training 10/15/02
Laura, i cut up on yesterdays sleep lol.. i need another nap! Congrats on the inches lost.. Its not really about the scale as you already know...

Ayana, i get the 'safety' It's tight all over.. even our preschool..

Karla you are a better woman than I.. I can teach other peoples children (also did family day care for YRS prior to teaching.. but PLEASE dont make me teach my own.. I'd 'kill them!'

Rachel, i have been working with Erik for nearly 4yrs STRAIGHT, come may 12.. He's been by my side thru maintenance, bulks and dieting.. helping me improve along the way. I've been fortunate to be able to have him (afford it)

Jami, is today picture day!! Woooooooohooooooooooooooo!!! How long is the wait for your plan? You get to eat at maintenance now for two weeks, right??
Old 05-04-2010, 09:19 PM   #1594
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ozdancer
Stats: 235/148.5/148-143
WOE: Atkins OWL
Start Date: now: 21 March 2009 last time: April 2002
Just catching up, nothing to add still not finding time/energy for a weights workout. I'm dancing still and lots of it.

Hubby had finally gone back to work after 10 months on benefits and ~$7k credit card debt . But he's on a rotating almost 24/7 roster and working weekends. Until the credit card is paid out I intend to keep working weekends too so it's tricky to have DD looked after, luckily we have my family and a few friends who are happy to help out. Although my parents are going to Vietnam on vacation tonight for 3 weeks.

Have had to drop hubby off for work yesterday & today so there goes my workout time. We'll have my parent's car while they are away so that'll help. Should have a 2nd car sorted out by the time they get back hopefully. Getting a "free" car from one of the bosses @ work, but it needs new battery, tyres, servicing, road worthy certificate & registration. Need to collect it first, trying to not pay $150 for a tow less than 15min down the road.

Hopefully I'll be back in tomorrow with a workout to report, might have to go a bit easy as it's been over a month now since I've done regular workouts.

BOOT CAMP CHALLENGE #22

BOOT CAMP CHALLENGE #23
Old 05-05-2010, 03:22 AM   #1595

Gallery: WATCH-ME-SHRINK
Stats: 168, Size 12/138 lowest/goal 148 5'7
WOE: Carb rotations/mod carb
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamistar77 View Post

Today is picture day. I am all artificially tanned up, I have one swimsuit, that black one, and I'm going to take another athletic looking one,, black shortie shorts and a black sports bra.. I have by bungie bands to do some high reps right before the shoot.
Very exciting, Jami. That should be a lot of fun, visuallly rewarding.

Enjoy your maintenance and days of rest. I'm sure it will prime you for good things to come.
Old 05-05-2010, 03:24 AM   #1596

Gallery: WATCH-ME-SHRINK
Stats: 168, Size 12/138 lowest/goal 148 5'7
WOE: Carb rotations/mod carb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firm Hottie View Post
I submitted my second biweekly today. I only lost 1.5 more pounds, but also got rid of 3.25 more inches. Who knew that you could only lose 3.5 lbs in a month, but also 8 inches in that same amount of time? I still have so far to go, but at least I'm finally on the right path now!

I've maxed out my adjustable DBs with the weight plates that I currently have, so I've got to go get some more plates this week. Of course my Walmart didn't have the 5s that I wanted to get, so I'll have to get them elsewhere.

Great job, Laura.
Old 05-05-2010, 06:14 AM   #1597
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: jamistar77
Stats: 150/142/137 or 15% body fat 5'7"
WOE: Body For Life/TKD
Start Date: 09/2009
Hi everyone! Picture day went ok. The photographer was really young, not very experienced or creative. She would take the picture and then say "ok, now what" WHAT! LOL Im glad my mom was there. She had ideas on what I could do, and she told me if my tag was sticking out, or if the side of my suit was crooked. I did get to see the pics and pick the ones I wanted. I practiced at home on the poses I wanted to do in front on the mirror. but I froze and I forgot what to do, so I have about 30 shots of me doing to same thing with a pose that wasn't very flattering.. not the best experience ever, but it was still fun all the same. After wards my mom and I had a great lunch together, she even paid for my pics when I went to change! What a sweet heart, I also made he pay for lunch.. JUST KIDDING! I treated.. Then I went shopping for some clothes. I went to the Buckle and I got a new shirt and shoes, and I went to Maurices and I bought a size 7/8 pair of junior jeans!! The store person said that they can vary from 1-2 sizes, but WHO cares!! I haven't had a number 7 on my tag since Junior High!! Enjoy your day friends!

Karla~ Thank goodness for the sunshine!! I hope all that bad weather has come and gone so you all can dry out! Are you enjoying your days off this week? I cant believe it is already Wednesday! Just 2 more days left until "monday" I feel like its never long enough! I guess now I want it to hurry along so I can get to the gym again.

Ayana~ Oh my gosh! That food sounds amazing! What a treat! Isn't it funny how we cherish those moments of off plan foods! It always makes me feel bad later too. Yesterday I had a free day.. a Healthy free day. My mom and I went to Applebees after pictures and I had the "Under 550 calorie" Asian crunch salad, then for dinner we had subway. I was still at my expected calorie level, which I think is crazy. I felt full all day yesterday.. I saw some cute eye shadow as Walmart.. Maybelleen has some cute shiny eye shadows in little 4 pack cases.. I didn't buy any.. yet..

Laura~ Hiya! I hope you had a good time last night with the trivia! Cole and I went to this nature walking park, his asthma acted up and his inhaler was jammed! I was so worried for him, and we were about 1 mile away from the car. He takes a steroid everyday for it, but this time of year is terrible for asthma sufferers. We sat in the shade for a while and he caught his breath. I know that if we can get his weight under control that it would be much better. He would have to lose about 30 pounds... Have you heard back about your biweekly yet? I cant believe that in only 1 month, you lost that many inches!! Hurray for weight lifting! AND for maxing out your Adjustable Weights!! It bitter sweet.. now your going to have to buy more weights!

Rachel~ hi!! Good to see you! I have a hard time choosing free foods in restaurants. Then when I order it, I always regret it and want to change it. Then after I eat it I feel guilty, and then I have a hard time getting clean after that.. I hope you see great numbers today on your measurements! When do you start working with your trainer again?

Ileen~ Hi!! Yes! It was picture day! I had a good time, but I was nervous as heck! I really dont like getting my pics taken.. LOL They turned out OK.. I had 2 outfits, and the pics will be ready for pick up today. Fast huh! Yes, I'll be eating Maintenance for 2 weeks, he wants me to take this week off of training.. since it has been 4 months since a break. Makes me very sad., LOL Its like Im saying goodbye to my beloved..

Twyla~ Hi be'be'!! I know the rest days and maintenance are going to help me in the long run, but GEEZ its tough! I am so stuck in a certain mind set, and now its hard changing it..
Old 05-05-2010, 10:35 AM   #1598
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NeGA
Stats: 5'10" and 164
WOE: Low Carb Something!
Start Date: February 22, 2010
Jami!!! Wow... Those arms... I want those arms...

Sorry the photo shoot that was paid for didn't have a 'creative' photographer. But great that your mom was there. That's sweet! I'm really starting to develop 'trainer envy' with you guys. But those debts will be paid off some day and Erik is top on my 'want' list! Don't think my husband would understand that sentence...

Rachel, love the new avatar... it's the sexy, one-eyed Rachel

Oz, your life is a complicated blur right now, isn't it? Glad you have the use of your parent's car while they travel. I'm ashamed to say it, but I'm so 'American'... I don't ever think of traveling to Vietnam as a vacation. I need to broaden my horizons! There is more than the beach and Disney, isn't there? Maybe when my last child is grown I'll see the world!

Ayana, it is such a poor statement on things when teachers have to be afraid of losing their jobs. Million dollar sport contracts, but we can't afford teachers? Yep, history will not look kindly on us for that.

Ileen, thanks for reminding me that you've been with Erik four years. Of course watching Rachel and Jami get it going so well in just weeks, and then there is Laura...

Laura... those changes in that short a time... another great advertisement for hard work and apparently a great training plan. It amazes me what the body can do with the right nutrition/exercise.

I'm all messed up and off schedule. Eating is back on track after the illness on Sunday, and dance class went well, but I didn't get to the gym yesterday and won't today either. I'm working both days at the dance studio. It's a poor excuse, but the best one I seem to have. I'm thinking of taking my resistance band and just doing some small bursts of that between meetings with parents. I might get a little time to run... that's what I feel like I need to do... move. I don't know why. But I'll get it back together soon.

Well, the dryer is buzzing... and it's almost time to shower and leave. Hope everyone has a blessed day.
Old 05-05-2010, 11:09 AM   #1599
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: afuentes
Stats: 188/145/130 - I am 5'6"
WOE: Primal/low carb with weight training
Start Date: honest restart - 11/20/08
Yes Karla I sooo agree, very sad.

Jami - wow!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are one hot chick! I cannot wait to get more muscle like that. My next weigh in day in May 12, 2010. I am still dieting down so 135lbs is getting closer and closer.

I can't wait to see the professional pix!
Old 05-05-2010, 11:21 AM   #1600

Jami, you are stunning! You do look like a celebrity model! Can we see your before pics side by side, please?!
Old 05-05-2010, 12:59 PM   #1601
Blabbermouth!!!

Jami the professional one are still good but I agree - get a new photographer for next time. She or he obviously didn't know what they were doing. They are the ones who are to give direction - not ask you what is next!!!!
Old 05-05-2010, 01:35 PM   #1602
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LocoPollo
Stats: 143.5/139.5/120
WOE: HCG P2 VLCD6
Start Date: Monday
Jami, you look awesome!

I am going to have to come hang around with you guys! I am currently doing CrossFit 5x a week. Lost 20 pounds with BfL a couple of years ago, but gained some back on vacation a year ago and never have lost it. My diet is all over the place!

I know some other people who are working with Erik and love him!
Old 05-05-2010, 01:54 PM   #1603

Jami, I think all of your photos look great. My consultant took mine, and he was really good about telling me how to pose. Probably because he coaches people for shows. I wonder if you could find someone like him who is a photographer. I did professional pictures after I did Body For Life (about 10 years ago) and the girl had no idea of how to pose me. I was really disappointed in those photos, so I think I know how you feel.
Old 05-06-2010, 04:07 AM   #1604

jami your pictures came out better!! Im sorry you are disappointed with the other ones..

You look great!! the free meal (refeed) helped make you look fuller!

Hi diane! do those people post here?
Old 05-06-2010, 07:10 AM   #1605
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Ileen. Yeah I agree about the carbs, it really did help.. I am tied between which ones to send.. The ones of the studio look clear, but they don't show the progress as well, The ones I took at home are great for progress, but the curtains sun shine though is distracting..
Oh,well. I'll figure it out.

Good Morning everyone! I have been so bored and antsy lately.. No gym until Monday! I was trying to justify it last night on how I could go.. but, I need to follow directions and do what I'm told.

Rachel, That is really cool that your trainer coaches people for shows! Your pics did turn out really good!! I wish I did some more research before I booked that appointment. She is the manager and the photographer at that place.. I'm just so blown away how you can provide customers with crappy pictures.. I wonder if anyone else has complained..
Old 05-06-2010, 10:45 AM   #1606
Blabbermouth!!!

I think you should do the Home pix! In the home pix, you look leaner, more cut, and your makeup is better. The studio pix are dull and you don't look at toned in them - more full IMO.

Don't get me wrong, you look hot in both but the Home pix are more ideal.
Old 05-06-2010, 10:50 AM   #1607
Blabbermouth!!!

I do legs/abs today. Today will be my fourth weight day for the week and I will have one more day of cardio for this week. I notice that when I try to do 6 days, the 6th day is never a good one.

When do your weeks start? My weeks start on Mondays (Day 1).
Old 05-06-2010, 10:57 AM   #1608

Jami, I think you should send your home photos. BFL doesn't care if your photos are professional or not. I had a friend who was a semi-finalist and her photo was taken in her kitchen. They want to see inspiring photos of people who have really changed. I think your home changes show your changes better than your professional photos.
Old 05-06-2010, 11:08 AM   #1609
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: yorick
Stats: 5'8" 187/170/160
Start Date: May 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowCarbRachel View Post
Jami, I think you should send your home photos.
Jami,

Those photos all look good - as has been said before, great progress! From an objective standpoint, I think your biceps and delts show a little better in that first home photo that you posted.
Old 05-06-2010, 12:45 PM   #1610

i vote home as well!!

You could go for a nice CASUAL bike ride or just enjoy some walks.. yoga or other relaxing things that wont take the muscle.
Old 05-06-2010, 01:40 PM   #1611
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Alright! Home pics it is!! Thank you all for your help! Saw all your comments a little while ago, and I just sent off my packet!! I added extra pics in there as well... just in case. LOL I wonder how long it will take for them to make there decisions.. December.. November. The suspense is going to kill me. Although I have seem people win that have far better results than what I had, but, Im still crossing my fingers anyways! I WANNA NEW HOUSE!!
Rachel, Thanks. I think the lighting.. and everything was wrong with those "professional" photos. Im so disappointed with them!

Ayana. I dont do well with 6 days of training either.. I usually do 5, 3 weights, 2 cardio..

Ileen.. I know, I know.. Im taking it easy. NO TRAINING.. I hate it.. but it will be worth it!
Old 05-07-2010, 01:15 PM   #1612
Major LCF Poster!

Hey guys!

Quick drive by as I really need to get my butt downstairs and get my FB workout done. It's been a crazy day, and just haven't gotten to do it yet. But I will, if for no other reason than the yummy PWO snack that I'll get afterwards. Who knows what it'll be though, as I have tons of good PWO stuff - sourdogh pretzels, some new flavors of Quakers rice treats (BBQ and sour cream & onion), LF popcorn, and even some Breyers crunchables yogurt packs (the ones with granola!). Decisions, decisions...

I had a major meltdown yesterday when I saw my monthly pics. I couldn't see any changes at all, and pretty much lost it. Erik had to give me a virtual smackdown for me to snap out of it, but it worked. I've got to be more patient, and stop expecting too much out of myself and my plan.

You know what the ironic thing is? The afternoon before, at the concert, I caught a glimpse of my upper body's shadow, and saw definition in my arms. I went from being estatic to totally depressed. O'well, no more picture viewing for me - I'll just keep checking out my shadow for improvements!
Old 05-07-2010, 01:24 PM   #1613
Blabbermouth!!!

Laura - you are doing great. Yes don't be too hard on yourself.
Old 05-08-2010, 07:53 AM   #1614
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Siggie
I have been MIA but still working out. Catching up on the post. Jami you look great!
Old 05-09-2010, 12:48 PM   #1615
Major LCF Poster!

Quick drive by, but I wanted to send out wishes to all of you moms.
Old 05-09-2010, 05:29 PM   #1616
Major LCF Poster!

Well, I've gotten my head back into both my WOE & working out . Saturday I did an UB weights workout, then did 2 x 2hr dance classes (helping out the first one teaching the 2nd one) and I went to a bellydancing cabaret/party Saturday night, did a little bellydancing with the live band & other girls.

Sunday no official workout, but at my 2nd job I moved furniture firstly outside to set up for the Mother's Day lunch, then back inside afterwards. Really only moved chairs, but I have bruises on my forarms and really felt it in my back. So got a great workout & was paid for it too . Gotta love that.

This morning I was up a 4:45 and downstairs @ 5am for a HIIT session. Wasn't able to pull off the full 15 reps that I was previously doing, but it's been about 2 months since I've done regular HIIT workouts. So I've lost a little conditioning, but with HIIT it'll be back quickly. Still the same resistance level, just a couple of longer recovery sections and 13reps this morning. Also did ~12min steady state cardio as well as 20min yoga & stretching. So a great workout.

Unfortunately hubby is working tonight so I can't go latin dancing . But I'm going to do some bellydance training I have choreography to learn before the middle of June.

Determined to loose the last 10# before bellydance concert & latin dinner dance events in mid June. Off to a great start over the weekend, down #4.5 this morning and 1/2" off my waist.

Hope all the Mothers had a wonderful day with their families.
Old 05-10-2010, 06:10 AM   #1617
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Siggie! thanks!!

Hi OZ!
Old 05-10-2010, 06:57 PM   #1618
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Jamie, btw hadn't commented on your pics yet. You have done really well in 12 weeks. Now I want to know, I don't think you have kids yet right? If you do - how do I get my belly like yours? If you don't I still want to know what ab work you are doing. My belly just gets worse the more I loose. I think mostly it's excess skin which probably only had time and surgery resolutions .

Changing my routine a bit, dropping to 2 weights workouts (1 UB & 1 LB) a week, 2 HIIT workouts & 1 Pilates workout. Plus the dancing . Will see what results I get, I'm happy with the amount of LMM I've built to date and am in no hurry to do more with that so changing it to suit me better .

So far this week Monday HIIT workout done, Tuesday LB weights workout done. Tomorrow (Wednesday) I'm going to pull out my Pilates DVD. Not sure if 1 day a week is enough for the Pilates, might try adding it one day on the weekend or one night as well.

Better get back to work, a little busy here today.
Old 05-11-2010, 06:45 AM   #1619
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi OZ.. I sure wish I had a great answer for you! I have a son who is getting ready to turn 13. I had him when I was 19, so I think that was my saving grace.. Also. I didn't get very big with him, at least not in the tummy.. I have a long torso, and even at 180 pounds my tummy looked decent.. In regards to ad work. I dont really do that much, maybe once a week I'll do Planks, on the hands with my toes dug into an exercise ball, and I'd do those side plank things too. I dont know all the names for everything. I credit stomach from running. This always gets my stomach looking good, as well and diet. thank you! It was fun and I think I only missed 2 workouts during that time.. I think that is the only thing good about being obsessive. Im never late for appointments, and I'll do the same things everyday.. LOL
Old 05-11-2010, 04:49 PM   #1620
Major LCF Poster!

Damn, good genetics and maybe not being as obease as I was helps . I did my Pilates DVD this morning so on track with my new training so far this week.

Yesterday's LB weights, I only managed two sets partly because I didn't have the time. However I really concentrated on good form and doing them (in time with my music) one count 'down', hold for one count and return to starting position over 2 counts. Being under condition, having a good workout and adding bellydance class last night - my glutes are telling me all about it today! Good exercise sore though .

Might have to look around for another Pilates DVD, for variety and maybe a little more advanced. I'll get a bit more out of this one, but I think in a few months (especially if I'm doing it twice a week) I'll need more than this one has. Any suggestions?

When I do HIIT and weights workouts I have a yoga sequence I do afterwards which includes plank & side plank (with top leg raised now), just not on a ball. Maybe I will think about adding the ball to this, little difficult in sequence though as I'd have to get on/off a couple of times. Something to think about, but will give the pilates a run first.
Closed Thread