Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Muscle Matters!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2010, 05:51 PM   #871
Senior LCF Member
 
dbglasgow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Belize, Central America but I am from Helena, Alabama
Posts: 790
Gallery: dbglasgow
Stats: 170/165/145 5'8"
WOE: Low Carb/Yeast Free/Clean eating
Start Date: July 2009/re-start July 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamistar77 View Post
Darlene, recommened protein for you is 145-174 you said your average weight is 145, right?? Invest in some protein powder. I love mine. Cottage cheese has 15g per 1/2 cup.
Does BFL or BFFM address this? I mean the "1 - 1.5 times body weight" to figure grams of protein? It's been awhile but I remember reading that the amount of protein needed is based on lean body mass instead of body weight. My LBM is currently only about 110. Have you heard this? I know I read it a few months ago when I was concerned that maybe I was eating too much protein.
dbglasgow is offline  

Sponsored Links
Old 03-20-2010, 05:57 PM   #872
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4,651
Gallery: jamistar77
Stats: 150/142/137 or 15% body fat 5'7"
WOE: Body For Life/TKD
Start Date: 09/2009
Darlene. I was wondering that too??! I'm not sure... I have heard to go off of LBM, and then I heard total weight. A website that I frequent often says to use LBM... I dont know, I suppose it depends on the person you are agreeing with. I, personally just go off of total body weight. MY LBM is 119 pounds, I think I like to eat according to my total weigh of 141 instead. LOL More food. HA!

Last edited by jamistar77; 03-20-2010 at 05:58 PM..
jamistar77 is offline  
Old 03-20-2010, 06:07 PM   #873
Senior LCF Member
 
dbglasgow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Belize, Central America but I am from Helena, Alabama
Posts: 790
Gallery: dbglasgow
Stats: 170/165/145 5'8"
WOE: Low Carb/Yeast Free/Clean eating
Start Date: July 2009/re-start July 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamistar77 View Post
Darlene. I was wondering that too??! I'm not sure... I have heard to go off of LBM, and then I heard total weight. A website that I frequent often says to use LBM... I dont know, I suppose it depends on the person you are agreeing with. I, personally just go off of total body weight. MY LBM is 119 pounds, I think I like to eat according to my total weigh of 141 instead. LOL More food. HA!
Well, it would be interesting to see what others think but as with most of the "numbers and percentages".. I know it's a guideline only so I guess if I shoot for a "middle ground"... then it should work out.
dbglasgow is offline  
Old 03-20-2010, 06:15 PM   #874
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4,651
Gallery: jamistar77
Stats: 150/142/137 or 15% body fat 5'7"
WOE: Body For Life/TKD
Start Date: 09/2009
Darlene, YAH,, Your right. Give it 2 weeks and adjust accordingly... I am in a neverending search for that perfect plan.. I have to figure it out myself, but I am still looking for it. BFL has really helped me.. I have made some changes to the plan, which isn't strict BFL, but who is text book?? I have learned that working in health care, NO ONE is every text book... I'm reminded everyday! LOL
Focus and study your body, make a journal, at least in the beginning.. It really helps.

I love that you are over here! I miss you girls. I read the threads and I am proud of you girls getting into exercising! It sure makes a differance! Maybe you'll inspire some of them to make a change.
jamistar77 is offline  
Old 03-21-2010, 04:42 AM   #875
Senior LCF Member
 
dbglasgow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Belize, Central America but I am from Helena, Alabama
Posts: 790
Gallery: dbglasgow
Stats: 170/165/145 5'8"
WOE: Low Carb/Yeast Free/Clean eating
Start Date: July 2009/re-start July 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamistar77 View Post
Darlene, YAH,, Your right. Give it 2 weeks and adjust accordingly... I am in a neverending search for that perfect plan.. I have to figure it out myself, but I am still looking for it. BFL has really helped me.. I have made some changes to the plan, which isn't strict BFL, but who is text book?? I have learned that working in health care, NO ONE is every text book... I'm reminded everyday! LOL
Focus and study your body, make a journal, at least in the beginning.. It really helps.

I love that you are over here! I miss you girls. I read the threads and I am proud of you girls getting into exercising! It sure makes a differance! Maybe you'll inspire some of them to make a change.
Well... so far so good. I've been retaining about 3 lbs of water weight over the past week or so... but finally starting to drop those extra lbs... I'm down a lb this morning. Getting ready to get my cardio in early this morning before church.
dbglasgow is offline  
Old 03-21-2010, 04:56 AM   #876
Major LCF Poster!
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,037
Gallery: yorick
Stats: 5'8" 187/170/160
Start Date: May 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamistar77 View Post
Darlene. I was wondering that too??! I'm not sure... I have heard to go off of LBM, and then I heard total weight. A website that I frequent often says to use LBM... I dont know, I suppose it depends on the person you are agreeing with. I, personally just go off of total body weight.

I think the protein grams for LBM versus total weight might have a certain amount of subjectivity to it. I'm not sure that if you were going on LBM alone that you would necessarily lose muscle by only having that amount of protein grams. Or, to say it differently, that going on total weight when calculating grams is necessarily better for muscle sparing. Part of it probably has to do with how many calories you are willing to get from fat and carbs. I mean, if you are eating less protein, then you'll obviously have to up your carbs and/or fat, which might not work for somebody in a particular phase of their eating/training plan.

My opinion is that I would rather err on the side of caution and get close to my body weight in protein grams, especially since I'm trying to pack on a lot of muscle mass. I believe it is working well for me right now - but to each their own.

I'm always open to learning and improving, so I'm curious what other more expert folks on here have to say about this.
__________________
Matt
yorick is offline  
Old 03-21-2010, 06:06 AM   #877
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4,651
Gallery: jamistar77
Stats: 150/142/137 or 15% body fat 5'7"
WOE: Body For Life/TKD
Start Date: 09/2009
Matt, I have always gone by total body weight when it comes to nutrition.... I think that I agree with you on using total body weight.
jamistar77 is offline  
Old 03-21-2010, 06:14 AM   #878
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4,651
Gallery: jamistar77
Stats: 150/142/137 or 15% body fat 5'7"
WOE: Body For Life/TKD
Start Date: 09/2009
Good morning everyone! I hope your having a great weekend. We had quite the snow fall over the last couple days. I have spring fever so bad I can hardly stand it!
Today is my last day here at work.... its the final count down.. 11 more hours until my "weekend" LOL
Tomorrow back to the gym! LBWO, which I love now, my new routine kicks Arse! Great workout..
I feel like during the week my nutrition is so much better! I can give it my 100%. I forgot my lunch bag yesterday so I had to fudge around with the cafeteria.. Not to good.
Tomorrow will be my 6th week on BFL. This has gone by fast. I am going to take some more progress pics on Tuesday. WHen I look in the mirror I still see the same girl that started out months ago, doesn't change. The camera sure helps me see a "different" person. I hope that I see some progress.
I know that my workouts are getting stronger. I have moved up to using 25lb dumbbells for bicep curls, and my flat bench dumbbell chest presses are improving too. I can now use 35LB dumbbells for my 12 rep warm ups. That may not seem substantial to most, but its an improvement for me
I hope you are all having a great day! Talk to ya soon!
jamistar77 is offline  
Old 03-21-2010, 06:55 AM   #879
Major LCF Poster!
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,037
Gallery: yorick
Stats: 5'8" 187/170/160
Start Date: May 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamistar77 View Post
I know that my workouts are getting stronger. I have moved up to using 25lb dumbbells for bicep curls, and my flat bench dumbbell chest presses are improving too. I can now use 35LB dumbbells for my 12 rep warm ups. That may not seem substantial to most, but its an improvement for me
Heck yeah! Those weights are great as long as you are able to use good form. You sound like you are getting strong. Great job!

Edited to add: Out of curiosity, do you do standing or seated curls?

Last edited by yorick; 03-21-2010 at 06:57 AM..
yorick is offline  
Old 03-21-2010, 07:12 AM   #880
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4,651
Gallery: jamistar77
Stats: 150/142/137 or 15% body fat 5'7"
WOE: Body For Life/TKD
Start Date: 09/2009
Matt, Thanks! Its nice to see progression..
if I use dumbbells I do seated curls..
jamistar77 is offline  
Old 03-21-2010, 07:31 AM   #881
Senior LCF Member
 
NeGA's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: North East GA
Posts: 395
Gallery: NeGA
Stats: 5'10" and 164
WOE: Low Carb Something!
Start Date: February 22, 2010
Jami, what line of work are you in? I'm an x-ray tech and work 16 hour shifts on the weekends so my work weekends really mess up my work out schedule.

About the LBM questions... how are y'all calculating your LBM?
NeGA is offline  
Old 03-21-2010, 08:29 AM   #882
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4,651
Gallery: jamistar77
Stats: 150/142/137 or 15% body fat 5'7"
WOE: Body For Life/TKD
Start Date: 09/2009
Karla, That is funny! I was an xray tech for 5 years, I do MRI now.. NEAT! How is the job market over there, jobs over here are pretty tough to come by.. 20 applicants for one mri job!

About the lean body mass. I just get my fat percentages checked by a trainer at the gym. I am actually getting the hydrostatic under water weighing on tuesday.. I think i'll get it checked again in a couple months..
jamistar77 is offline  
Old 03-21-2010, 08:31 AM   #883
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4,651
Gallery: jamistar77
Stats: 150/142/137 or 15% body fat 5'7"
WOE: Body For Life/TKD
Start Date: 09/2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeGA View Post
16 hour shifts on the weekends
OUCH!
do you work every weekend as well?? I have for 5 years now,.. its bitter sweet. I love having off Mon-Thurs... I miss out though on last minute weekend fun..
jamistar77 is offline  
Old 03-21-2010, 08:34 AM   #884
Senior LCF Member
 
dbglasgow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Belize, Central America but I am from Helena, Alabama
Posts: 790
Gallery: dbglasgow
Stats: 170/165/145 5'8"
WOE: Low Carb/Yeast Free/Clean eating
Start Date: July 2009/re-start July 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by yorick View Post
I think the protein grams for LBM versus total weight might have a certain amount of subjectivity to it. I'm not sure that if you were going on LBM alone that you would necessarily lose muscle by only having that amount of protein grams. Or, to say it differently, that going on total weight when calculating grams is necessarily better for muscle sparing. Part of it probably has to do with how many calories you are willing to get from fat and carbs. I mean, if you are eating less protein, then you'll obviously have to up your carbs and/or fat, which might not work for somebody in a particular phase of their eating/training plan.

My opinion is that I would rather err on the side of caution and get close to my body weight in protein grams, especially since I'm trying to pack on a lot of muscle mass. I believe it is working well for me right now - but to each their own.

I'm always open to learning and improving, so I'm curious what other more expert folks on here have to say about this.
Good point Matt... I have to keep my carbs in the low to moderate range due to diabetes so most calories dome from protein and fat for me. At this point my main goal is to burn fat and maintain muscle for a lean look. I think if I keep in mind the range of protein recommended based on both LBM and BW... then I can shoot for mid to high. I have a hard time getting the protein up without increasing fat.. but I guess as long as carbs are low, then I can handle a bit higher fat.
__________________
Darlene

July 2012: 170 lbs.
Current: 160/sz 10
Goal: 145/ sz 6
dbglasgow is offline  
Old 03-21-2010, 09:26 AM   #885
Major LCF Poster!
 
shoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: BC
Posts: 2,390
Gallery: shoo
Stats: 239/170/170
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: June 2004
An update on my journey with NROLW. I started March 1st and loving the workouts. I don't follow the diet to plan,staying with a lower carb approach,but eating often and making sure I get the protein in bars and shakes.
So,it's been 3 weeks and I've lost 5 pounds!
Bust-down 2"
Waist-down 2"
Hips-down 1"
Thigh-down 2"
Arm-down 1"

I am very happy with my progress so far. The best thing for me is I am seeing an increase in my strength and balance. At 52,I feel a confidence in my body that I haven't experienced for quite a few years
shoo is online now  
Old 03-21-2010, 09:37 AM   #886
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4,651
Gallery: jamistar77
Stats: 150/142/137 or 15% body fat 5'7"
WOE: Body For Life/TKD
Start Date: 09/2009
SHOO! Great job! Congrats, those are some excellent progress stats!
jamistar77 is offline  
Old 03-21-2010, 09:40 AM   #887
Senior LCF Member
 
NeGA's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: North East GA
Posts: 395
Gallery: NeGA
Stats: 5'10" and 164
WOE: Low Carb Something!
Start Date: February 22, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamistar77 View Post
Karla, That is funny! I was an xray tech for 5 years, I do MRI now.. NEAT! How is the job market over there, jobs over here are pretty tough to come by.. 20 applicants for one mri job!

About the lean body mass. I just get my fat percentages checked by a trainer at the gym. I am actually getting the hydrostatic under water weighing on tuesday.. I think i'll get it checked again in a couple months..
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamistar77 View Post
OUCH!
do you work every weekend as well?? I have for 5 years now,.. its bitter sweet. I love having off Mon-Thurs... I miss out though on last minute weekend fun..

Jami, I've been a tech/weekend worker for 18 years. It has allowed me to raise my own kids and I really appreciate it. I do just the 16 hour shifts Sat/Sun but the 32 lets me get full time benefits.

I don't love it... I miss church on Sunday's, I miss Saturday 'running around' with my husband, I was always missing weekend sporting events... but I have homeschooled my kids and enjoyed raising them myself. I tried the whole daycare/public school thing early on and it didn't work for me. I could not stand turning over my little ones to someone else. Guess I'm a control freak!

As for jobs... the market around here is pretty saturated. We have too many x-ray schools and they just keep turning them out. And with the healthcare scare right now clinics, hospitals, doctors... no one is expanded because they fear they won't get any reimbursement.

Sorry to 'thread jack'! Anyway... about LBM...

So when you have it done (a body fat analysis) then you do some math that tells you how many pounds is lean or does that just come with the service?
__________________
Karla
"You must lift it to shift it!"
Weight training rocks
NeGA is offline  
Old 03-21-2010, 10:28 AM   #888
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 7,165
Gallery: LouieLouie2007
Stats: 250+/181.8/160 or 23% body fat 5'6" 34 yrs
WOE: Atkins all the way baby!
Start Date: April 2003/Start again April 06 post 2nd child
I am trying to figure how many days per week I should be lifting and a schedule. Any ideas?
LouieLouie2007 is offline  
Old 03-21-2010, 10:36 AM   #889
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4,651
Gallery: jamistar77
Stats: 150/142/137 or 15% body fat 5'7"
WOE: Body For Life/TKD
Start Date: 09/2009
Karla, About the bf%. Say you have 10% body fat and you weight 100 pounds. 10% of 100 is 10, 10-100= 90, so LBW would be 90 pounds Our schools around here are putting students out constantly too. We had some students job shadow and I was trying to scare then out of it!

Louie, I do upper and lower body splits..
Monday upperbody
tues, HIIT
Wednesday lowerbody
Thursday HIIT
Friday Upperbody
sat, sun off
Monday Lowerbody
etc....
I rarely do cardio on my lifting days, and IF I do, I usually just do a steady state jog ater my upper body workouts.. usually no longer than 20 minutes. I then go home and eat my post workout meal before to much time ticks by..

Last edited by jamistar77; 03-21-2010 at 10:37 AM..
jamistar77 is offline  
Old 03-21-2010, 10:40 AM   #890
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 7,165
Gallery: LouieLouie2007
Stats: 250+/181.8/160 or 23% body fat 5'6" 34 yrs
WOE: Atkins all the way baby!
Start Date: April 2003/Start again April 06 post 2nd child
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamistar77 View Post
Karla, About the bf%. Say you have 10% body fat and you weight 100 pounds. 10% of 100 is 10, 10-100= 90, so LBW would be 90 pounds Our schools around here are putting students out constantly too. We had some students job shadow and I was trying to scare then out of it!

Louie, I do upper and lower body splits..
Monday upperbody
tues, HIIT
Wednesday lowerbody
Thursday HIIT
Friday Upperbody
sat, sun off
Monday Lowerbody
etc....
I rarely do cardio on my lifting days, and IF I do, I usually just do a steady state jog ater my upper body workouts.. usually no longer than 20 minutes. I then go home and eat my post workout meal before to much time ticks by..

OKay, that sounds kinda similar to what I do, but I tend to do low intensity with lifting days (ie yoga with weights, usually split between lunch hour and evening) with 2 days off (usually Sunday and Tuesday) or just one or the other. Hopefully once I see the dr on the 31st, he'll clear me for more high intesity things.

Although I did get hubby to agree to doing some bike rides with me too.
LouieLouie2007 is offline  
Old 03-21-2010, 10:42 AM   #891
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 7,165
Gallery: LouieLouie2007
Stats: 250+/181.8/160 or 23% body fat 5'6" 34 yrs
WOE: Atkins all the way baby!
Start Date: April 2003/Start again April 06 post 2nd child
I know why I dont like going higher carb. I still dont know when to stop. :blush:
LouieLouie2007 is offline  
Old 03-21-2010, 10:45 AM   #892
Way too much time on my hands!
 
inatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Alpharetta,Ga.
Posts: 17,854
Gallery: inatic
Stats: 182+/126 5'4 51!yo 16/4 *5* kidlets later!
WOE: Coach:Erik Ledin leanbodies consulting
Start Date: LowER C since 2/02 wt training 10/15/02
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamistar77 View Post
Darlene, recommened protein for you is 145-174 you said your average weight is 145, right?? Invest in some protein powder. I love mine. Cottage cheese has 15g per 1/2 cup.
I love greek yogurt too.. 120cals, 20g protein and probotics.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoo View Post
An update on my journey with NROLW. I started March 1st and loving the workouts. I don't follow the diet to plan,staying with a lower carb approach,but eating often and making sure I get the protein in bars and shakes.
So,it's been 3 weeks and I've lost 5 pounds!
Bust-down 2"
Waist-down 2"
Hips-down 1"
Thigh-down 2"
Arm-down 1"

I am very happy with my progress so far. The best thing for me is I am seeing an increase in my strength and balance. At 52,I feel a confidence in my body that I haven't experienced for quite a few years

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamistar77 View Post
SHOO! Great job! Congrats, those are some excellent progress stats!
indeed, great job!
stay away from bars those.. they are mostly glorified candy bars.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LouieLouie2007 View Post
I am trying to figure how many days per week I should be lifting and a schedule. Any ideas?
do you want to do a full body or split? New to lifting?

a way to gestimate your lbm(per Built) is:
use 80% of your “goal weight” if you’re female, or 90% of your goal weight if male.
inatic is offline  
Old 03-21-2010, 10:54 AM   #893
Way too much time on my hands!
 
inatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Alpharetta,Ga.
Posts: 17,854
Gallery: inatic
Stats: 182+/126 5'4 51!yo 16/4 *5* kidlets later!
WOE: Coach:Erik Ledin leanbodies consulting
Start Date: LowER C since 2/02 wt training 10/15/02
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamistar77 View Post
Karla, That is funny! I was an xray tech for 5 years, I do MRI now.. NEAT! How is the job market over there, jobs over here are pretty tough to come by.. 20 applicants for one mri job!

About the lean body mass. I just get my fat percentages checked by a trainer at the gym. I am actually getting the hydrostatic under water weighing on tuesday.. I think i'll get it checked again in a couple months..
im curious how that will rate to the gym./trainers. Most often the trainers are WAY wrong/and over estimate lbm.

not that any of it really matters what your bf lbm is.. its the look we are all after.
inatic is offline  
Old 03-21-2010, 10:54 AM   #894
Major LCF Poster!
 
shoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: BC
Posts: 2,390
Gallery: shoo
Stats: 239/170/170
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: June 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by inatic View Post
I love greek yogurt too.. 120cals, 20g protein and probotics.




indeed, great job!
stay away from bars those.. they are mostly glorified candy bars.

do you want to do a full body or split? New to lifting?

a way to gestimate your lbm(per Built) is:
use 80% of your “goal weight” if you’re female, or 90% of your goal weight if male.
The bars I eat are the homemade ones from the book NROLW. They sure don't taste like candy bars
shoo is online now  
Old 03-21-2010, 10:58 AM   #895
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4,651
Gallery: jamistar77
Stats: 150/142/137 or 15% body fat 5'7"
WOE: Body For Life/TKD
Start Date: 09/2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by inatic View Post
I love greek yogurt too.. 120cals, 20g protein and probotics.




.
WOW! I didn't think that it had that much protein in it! I sure wish I liked it.. I keep buying it hoping I change my mind..
jamistar77 is offline  
Old 03-21-2010, 11:02 AM   #896
Way too much time on my hands!
 
inatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Alpharetta,Ga.
Posts: 17,854
Gallery: inatic
Stats: 182+/126 5'4 51!yo 16/4 *5* kidlets later!
WOE: Coach:Erik Ledin leanbodies consulting
Start Date: LowER C since 2/02 wt training 10/15/02
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoo View Post
The bars I eat are the homemade ones from the book NROLW. They sure don't taste like candy bars
yay!


do you add some swtner . I love just a tiny bit of stevia or the stevia vanilla crm drops.
inatic is offline  
Old 03-21-2010, 11:15 AM   #897
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 7,165
Gallery: LouieLouie2007
Stats: 250+/181.8/160 or 23% body fat 5'6" 34 yrs
WOE: Atkins all the way baby!
Start Date: April 2003/Start again April 06 post 2nd child
Quote:
Originally Posted by inatic View Post
I love greek yogurt too.. 120cals, 20g protein and probotics.




indeed, great job!
stay away from bars those.. they are mostly glorified candy bars.

do you want to do a full body or split? New to lifting?

a way to gestimate your lbm(per Built) is:
use 80% of your “goal weight” if you’re female, or 90% of your goal weight if male.
I am new to more serious lifting than I was previously doing. Kind of been forced to due to ankle limitations, but now I am just loving it.

Usually I will lift on my lunch hour so I will be limited to about 30 minutes each day. Given the ime limitations, would lifting every day be okay, alternating upper and lower body?
LouieLouie2007 is offline  
Old 03-21-2010, 11:23 AM   #898
Way too much time on my hands!
 
inatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Alpharetta,Ga.
Posts: 17,854
Gallery: inatic
Stats: 182+/126 5'4 51!yo 16/4 *5* kidlets later!
WOE: Coach:Erik Ledin leanbodies consulting
Start Date: LowER C since 2/02 wt training 10/15/02
It really depends on how your program is set up. i do upper then lower but my plan is carefully calculated and not just upper/ lower.

muscle need rest.
inatic is offline  
Old 03-21-2010, 11:25 AM   #899
Major LCF Poster!
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,037
Gallery: yorick
Stats: 5'8" 187/170/160
Start Date: May 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by LouieLouie2007 View Post
Usually I will lift on my lunch hour so I will be limited to about 30 minutes each day. Given the ime limitations, would lifting every day be okay, alternating upper and lower body?
Given the time limitation, you might do well with a 4 day split.

Something like Back/biceps, chest/triceps, shoulders/traps, legs - not necessarily in that order.

I'm in favor of more rest between working similar muscle groups. What I mean is that I would usually allow at least 48 hours before working the same muscles.

Last edited by yorick; 03-21-2010 at 11:27 AM..
yorick is offline  
Old 03-21-2010, 11:43 AM   #900
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4,651
Gallery: jamistar77
Stats: 150/142/137 or 15% body fat 5'7"
WOE: Body For Life/TKD
Start Date: 09/2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by inatic View Post
im curious how that will rate to the gym./trainers. Most often the trainers are WAY wrong/and over estimate lbm.

not that any of it really matters what your bf lbm is.. its the look we are all after.
Ileen, me to! I know that those once devices are way off. One of the reasons why Im doing the hydrostatic thing is to see how off they are.. and for personal reasons too. I know that the look is what we want, but I just cant help myself..
jamistar77 is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:27 AM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.