Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Muscle Matters!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2010, 09:51 AM   #721
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: LouieLouie2007
Stats: 250+/181.8/160 or 23% body fat 5'6" 34 yrs
WOE: Atkins all the way baby!
Start Date: April 2003/Start again April 06 post 2nd child
Morning!

Already hit the gym. Saw the personal trainer. Did the squat machine, leg press and Tons of abs, butt and back. I feel awesome! Now its off to physical therapy.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-15-2010, 11:32 AM   #722
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: jamistar77
Stats: 150/142/137 or 15% body fat 5'7"
WOE: Body For Life/TKD
Start Date: 09/2009
Hi everyone!! Louie! You are a Die Hard girl!! Dang! Good job!

I had a great workout today.
Chest and back
4 sets incline dumbbell press, 4 sets cable cross overs,
4 sets of one arm rows, 4 sets of close grip pull downs
slow jog on the treadmill for 20 minutes after lifting, HIIT has really increased my speed, I ran the whole time today between 6.6-7.0 MPH and it was easy... My usual speed has always been 6.2-6.4, . I was at the gym for one hour and 15 minutes! Geez! It was so funny, a guy asked me today if I worked at the fitness center, I smiled and said no, he said, really? You are here all the time! LOL Made me feel good...
Tomorrow is HIIT, and bicep, tricep and shoulders...

Getting ready to pick up my son in a couple hours. I cant wait for him to have spring break. We haven't had any quality time together in such a long time... I want to go see some movies that are out,, "How to train your Dragon", "Alice in wonderland", "Clash of the Titans", another cartoon too... I love cartoony movies... Aren't they fun!

Twyla, We are thinking of you dear... I hope everything is ok with you mom...

Last edited by jamistar77; 03-15-2010 at 11:34 AM..
Old 03-15-2010, 11:51 AM   #723
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NeGA
Stats: 5'10" and 164
WOE: Low Carb Something!
Start Date: February 22, 2010
Jami, how old is your son? My youngest child is 13 (sons are grown) and my husband and I tell the oldest to get busy, get married and get us grandkids so we have an excuse to keep going to the cartoon movies! Everyone says "Alice" is great. I didn't get to go, but I'm sure I'll see it when it hits the DVDs.

Ok folks... advice time. I know y'all aren't doctors and you don't play one on TV, but I need advice about potassium. Before coming back to LC I ate lots and lots of fruit... several bananas a day. Now I'm having only a few berries and then not every day and the leg cramps are back. Like throw you out of bed in screaming pain. So I've taken a K pill, but any long term advice? Just keep up with the supplement? Does anyone here work bananas in to their diet?

Thanks.
Old 03-15-2010, 12:19 PM   #724
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: inatic
Stats: 182+/126 5'4 51!yo 16/4 *5* kidlets later!
WOE: Coach:Erik Ledin leanbodies consulting
Start Date: LowER C since 2/02 wt training 10/15/02
there are a lot of other foods high in potassium. since.. check avocados?

http://www.essortment.com/all/potassiumfoodh_rkyn.htm

Last edited by inatic; 03-15-2010 at 12:24 PM..
Old 03-15-2010, 02:10 PM   #725
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamistar77 View Post
Hi everyone!! Louie! You are a Die Hard girl!! Dang! Good job!

I had a great workout today.
Chest and back
4 sets incline dumbbell press, 4 sets cable cross overs,
4 sets of one arm rows, 4 sets of close grip pull downs
slow jog on the treadmill for 20 minutes after lifting, HIIT has really increased my speed, I ran the whole time today between 6.6-7.0 MPH and it was easy... My usual speed has always been 6.2-6.4, . I was at the gym for one hour and 15 minutes! Geez! It was so funny, a guy asked me today if I worked at the fitness center, I smiled and said no, he said, really? You are here all the time! LOL Made me feel good...
Tomorrow is HIIT, and bicep, tricep and shoulders...

Getting ready to pick up my son in a couple hours. I cant wait for him to have spring break. We haven't had any quality time together in such a long time... I want to go see some movies that are out,, "How to train your Dragon", "Alice in wonderland", "Clash of the Titans", another cartoon too... I love cartoony movies... Aren't they fun!

Twyla, We are thinking of you dear... I hope everything is ok with you mom...
Jamistar, your running speed makes me jealous. I only go 6 if I am really pushing it and its not very sustainable.
Old 03-15-2010, 02:11 PM   #726
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by inatic View Post
there are a lot of other foods high in potassium. since.. check avocados?

Food high in potassium
eating 1/2 a one right now for that very reason
Old 03-15-2010, 02:13 PM   #727
Blabbermouth!!!

So I didn't eat carbs before my workout today, but I did eat. Had bacon and egss. Afterwards. I had 1/2 a huge golden delicious apple w/peanut butter, and a slice of raw milk swiss. I felt really good after that.

I also hit the store and got my protein powder, some steel cut oats, quinoa, and amaranth so I will be fiddling with recipes this week while I am vacation
Old 03-15-2010, 02:23 PM   #728
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mayberryfan
Stats: 22/14/10 or 8 if I can!
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: June 6, 2007
Okay, I missed it...what's going on with Twyla's mom?? SUPER busy lately, but for good reasons.

Today's workout:
5 minutes rebounding to warm-up. I got a knee brace at W-M so I would feel more confident about not buckling my sore knee while jumping. It's feels better but not "normal" so I'm gonna baby it when I doing anything strenuous and I'm not doing any kind of squats!
24 deadlifts @ 62 lbs
40 bird dogs
15 shoulder press @ 40 lbs
20 planks @ 10 counts each
40 hip extentions
40 rev. crunch (boy these hurt your lower abs and quads!!)
24 bench press @ 40 lbs
24 pullovers @ 30 lbs

Afterwards, had a quick protein shake and then hit the rebounder. I did:
5 minutes light jog
alternated jumping as hard as possible for 1 minute (HITT) w/ 1 minute light jogging
4-5 minute cool down jogging/walking
TTL - 20 minutes & 945 steps/jumps

Will try to post food later. Haven't had time to put it into ******!

Last edited by Mayberryfan; 03-15-2010 at 02:24 PM..
Old 03-15-2010, 02:27 PM   #729
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: afuentes
Stats: 188/145/130 - I am 5'6"
WOE: Primal/low carb with weight training
Start Date: honest restart - 11/20/08
Hello everyone. I hope your Monday is off to a great start.
I am interested in entering a fitness competition but I will start with a figure/bikini one first since I am new.

Here's my plan and yes I want feedback of course.

1. downsize....I want to drop 15lbs. with lots of cardio, clean eating, and weight training.
2. Increase weight training activity in summer to gain muscle.
3. Get rest and be as stress free as I can. LOL!

****my clean eating is Aktins at around 50 grams of carbs.

I hope it is okay to join - have a great day.

I love weight lifting (fountain of youth) and enjoy a low carb lifestyle.

Last edited by afuentes; 03-15-2010 at 03:05 PM..
Old 03-15-2010, 02:28 PM   #730
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeGA View Post
Ok folks... advice time. I know y'all aren't doctors and you don't play one on TV, but I need advice about potassium. Before coming back to LC I ate lots and lots of fruit... several bananas a day. Now I'm having only a few berries and then not every day and the leg cramps are back. Like throw you out of bed in screaming pain. So I've taken a K pill, but any long term advice? Just keep up with the supplement? Does anyone here work bananas in to their diet? Thanks.
Well, I don't care for bananas that much and I think avocados are actually higher in potassium. For me, I take 2 99mg potassium tablets along with my vitamins at night so I don't get leg cramps and headaches. That's only a small percentage of the RDA, so I'm not worried about overdoing it.

Bananas are VERY carby, so I guess you'll just have to count it and see how that works for you. May not cause you a problem. Good luck!!
Old 03-15-2010, 02:32 PM   #731
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by afuentes View Post
Hello everyone. I hope your Monday is off to a great start.
I am interested in entering a fitness competition but I will start with a figure/bikini one first since I am new.

Here's my plan and yes I want feedback of course.

1. downsize....I want to drop 15lbs. with lots of cardio, clean eating, and weight training.2. Increase weight training activity in summer to gain muscle.
3. Get rest and be as stress free as I can. LOL!

****my clean eating is Aktins at around 50 grams of carbs.

I hope it is okay to join - have a great day.
Just what we need in here...another gorgeous woman to make me want to work harder so I can measure up.

I'm certainly no expert, but your plan looks good to me. But, I'll tell you what I tell some of the other women around here: If I looked like you do now, I KNOW I wouldn't have the motivation to push it further. Way to go!!
Old 03-15-2010, 02:37 PM   #732

welcome A..

dont go with the lots of cardio mindset.. do as much only as need be. Fat loss is diet..Wt training is major important to hold onto muscle.
Old 03-15-2010, 03:09 PM   #733
Blabbermouth!!!

Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by inatic View Post
welcome A..

dont go with the lots of cardio mindset.. do as much only as need be. Fat loss is diet..Wt training is major important to hold onto muscle.
Yes I want to lean out and I will keep weight training but intensify it in the summer after I lose the extra weight.
Old 03-15-2010, 03:10 PM   #734
Blabbermouth!!!

Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayberryfan View Post
Just what we need in here...another gorgeous woman to make me want to work harder so I can measure up.

I'm certainly no expert, but your plan looks good to me. But, I'll tell you what I tell some of the other women around here: If I looked like you do now, I KNOW I wouldn't have the motivation to push it further. Way to go!!
:blush: You are too kind. But I will say one thing. Keeping a goal in front of me at all times, keeps me on track.
Old 03-15-2010, 03:34 PM   #735
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Way to go Afuentes! You and I have the same goals! Very nice to see! We love new people so welcome!

NeGa. When I did LC I got killer leg cramps every night. I just dealt with it. Getting potassium from food is always best, so you may want to google potassium rich foods...

Louie. I am a little taller than you so maybe that's why I can run faster?? Your grocery list sounds great... I can't find quinoi at the store... I'm trying to expand my menu a little. I always get stuck in the groove of eating the same things everyday..

I'm using my phone for posting. I'll check back later when I can type better... I'm an addict!!
Old 03-15-2010, 03:57 PM   #736
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Way to go Afuentes! You and I have the same goals! Very nice to see! We love new people so welcome!

NeGa. When I did LC I got killer leg cramps every night. I just dealt with it. Getting potassium from food is always best, so you may want to google potassium rich foods...

Louie. I am a little taller than you so maybe that's why I can run faster?? Your grocery list sounds great... I can't find quinoi at the store... I'm trying to expand my menu a little. I always get stuck in the groove of eating the same things everyday..

I'm using my phone for posting. I'll check back later when I can type better... I'm an addict!!

If you have a health food store, a Trader Joe's or a Whole Foods nearby, they likely will have it. It's very good stuff. One of the only plant based complete proteins. I get mine from Sprouts.

Yeah, I only have a 30" insean, but my arms are looong, the tip of my middle finger reaches lower than mid-thigh. I think once I can start getting into it again, I will be an awesome swimmer!
Old 03-15-2010, 03:59 PM   #737

i get my quinoa in the grocery store in the organic section.. (kroger and publix)
Old 03-15-2010, 04:05 PM   #738

Gallery: LowCarbRachel
Stats: size 8
WOE: Gluten Free/Grain Free
Start Date: January 2013
Hi everyone! I love seeing so many people join this thread. It's exciting!

133 this am...2 days out from my pics! I am tired of this low cal, low carb, low fat program and ready to start eating fruit and healthy carbs and healthy oils again. I just have to hold on until Wednesday morning.

I wanted to share something great with all of you. Before I started my program, my blood pressure was 165/110 (consistently, they even gave me an EKG because it was so high.) Now I am at 130/90. This is without medication. It's still a little bit high, but it's SO much better!

A., do you have a show in mind? Or are you just going for the fitness model look? I am going for the bikini model look...am not there yet, but in another round of working out, I could be! I have discovered that my body responds best to low intensity cardio, heavy weights, and a moderate amount of calories (for me, 1800-2100)
Old 03-15-2010, 04:57 PM   #739
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I dont have those stores here, but I do have a store with a health food section that I go to quite often.. I'll have to check that out next time I go, like tomorrow

Louie, 30" is pretty normal. ,Fits me perfectly when I wear flats or flip flps. Im always at an in between size with everything, shoes, pants... Long jeans are good with high heels which I love, but too long with flats, regular pants are too short.. I used to wear a 9.5 in shoes, but for some odd reason I have been buying 9's lately.. maybe fat loss is effecting shoe size, LOL thats a new one. and the 9.5's that I have are too big for me..

Rachel~ Gorgeous!! OMGosh!!! Love the hair.... Your eyes.... Anyways, I'm acting all goo gaa over here! lol I cant wait to get my hair done. I dyed it today, I had a long silver hair sticking out of my bangs and I got the coloring stuff out fast! Looks the same, but high lights in a couple weeks. Good for you for getting that blood pressure down!! I wish everyone would exercise, the benefits of it are great, health and well being!! Im so proud of you! You have done so well!! I think I am going to increase my cals to the 1700-1900 range for a while. I have been way to low and I think that is why Im not getting all the results im capable of.

No new news for me..

OH Karla~ my son is going to be 13 in May...

Last edited by jamistar77; 03-15-2010 at 05:34 PM..
Old 03-15-2010, 05:48 PM   #740
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

About Twyla's mom. SHe has been ill, and apparently not doing well. I have been following Twyals journal and she has been really expressing concern about here dear mom's health.. Keeping her in my prayers.. I think she has been really stressed lately and the boards has been keeping her spirits up. I hope she's ok.
Old 03-15-2010, 07:16 PM   #741
Major LCF Poster!

Rachel!!! The new 'do is KILLER. LOVE it! Do you like it??

Here's today's food for me:
Flax muffin, sausage & coffee for breakfast
Protein oatmeal before workout
protein shake after workout
2 T crunchy peanutbutter for snack
Crackslaw for dinner
coffee for dessert

****** Totals: 1495 cals/ 96 fat/ 52 carb/ 18 fiber/ 111 pro

Yikes..little high on fat, and a little low on protein. Story of my life. But I had a good, hard workout!
Old 03-15-2010, 07:51 PM   #742
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NeGA
Stats: 5'10" and 164
WOE: Low Carb Something!
Start Date: February 22, 2010
Rachel, the hair! Wow... you look fabulous. Not that you weren't attractive before, but the hair makes such a great difference to your skin tone. This is so much YOU.

I'm home from ballet. Tonight was 'jump' night. I started weight training to begin building leg muscle for the jumps and tonight I didn't die during them!!! Now I'm no superstar, but I jumped and didn't die! Yeah me!!!
Old 03-15-2010, 08:00 PM   #743
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ozdancer
Stats: 235/148.5/148-143
WOE: Atkins OWL
Start Date: now: 21 March 2009 last time: April 2002
Hi everyone, I've resurfaced from my weekend finally. Faced with a busy day or 3 at work catching up now . Only had 1 day off, dreading what will be waiting for me when I have 2 weeks of in 3 weeks time!

Didn't get my LBweights done on Saturday as I didn't get home friday night until 11pm and had to be at work 8:30 Saturday morning - sleep won out! But I did get some exercise in on Saturday. I got a phone call at 2:50pm asking me to fill in for a dance instructor @ 3:30pm!! So much for my afternoon off over the weekend - at least the dancing was #1 exercise & #2 fun!!

Was on the go all day Monday, even though I had a day off from work I did and UB weights + cardio/yoga workout, had dentist & drs appointments, made 2 of 4 curtains for DDs room (block out ones that I've had the fabric for for over 6 months), did a little grocery shopping to tide us over, collected DD from school and read with her, ironed mine & DDs uniforms, cooked dinner then went to latin dancing. No workout this morning, I am so happy I changed my workout routines and made Tuesdays a DOR!!!

Bellydance class tonight through so not complete rest, just a sleep in in the morning. Gotta get back to work, feel like I'm drowning in paperwork atm.

BOOT CAMP CHALLENGE #22

BOOT CAMP CHALLENGE #23
Old 03-15-2010, 08:44 PM   #744
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Siggie
Wrapped the swollen ankle (it doesn't hurt but is still swollen) and started P90 over today. I also went to spin class.
Old 03-15-2010, 09:19 PM   #745
Blabbermouth!!!

Rachel - an actual bikini competition. Sooo I definitely want to step it into gear. The one I am interested in is in November of 2010. It is the Las Vegas Classic. It is a big commitment.
Old 03-15-2010, 09:27 PM   #746
Blabbermouth!!!

Since I am downsizing right now, I will keep my carbs low. When it is time for me to really start gaining the muscle, I will go lower fat and a little higher carb - but that truly scares me. I have been reading the posts.

One thing at a time. Right now, I need to lose 15lbs and then I will worry about gaining muscle.
Old 03-15-2010, 09:28 PM   #747
Blabbermouth!!!

Today I did weights whole body and 30 minutes of intense cardio/stretching.
Old 03-16-2010, 03:00 AM   #748

Quote:
About Twyla's mom. SHe has been ill, and apparently not doing well. I have been following Twyals journal and she has been really expressing concern about here dear mom's health.. Keeping her in my prayers.. I think she has been really stressed lately and the boards has been keeping her spirits up. I hope she's ok.
Twyla!
Old 03-16-2010, 05:44 AM   #749
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good Morning everyone!

OZ, glad to see that you survived the weekend!! You are such a busy girl! I dont know how you find time for everything, AND squeezing in your workouts.

I was down again a little bit more in weight this morning. 141.2, yesterday was 141.8. It will do that until it gets to 139.8, then it will jump back up to 142.2, then it starts all over again. I have been seeing that trend for 6 months now,, its pretty pathetic how monotinous it is..
Anyways, just ate some breakfast, off to a later start with that so I wont get to the gym at my normal time.. Headache and ick feeling today..
Old 03-16-2010, 07:38 AM   #750

Gallery: LowCarbRachel
Stats: size 8
WOE: Gluten Free/Grain Free
Start Date: January 2013
Just a quick good morning as I'm at work! Thanks for all the compliments on my hair! It must be a good change for me...I don't think I've ever gotten such positive comments on my hair, both in real life and online before!

132.8 this morning. I have an upper body workout and low intensity cardio at the gym tonight.

Tonight I start my carbing up for my photos, so I don't think I'll probably see much lower than this weight. Dinner is steak, asparagus, and one cup of white rice. Then tomorrow morning, I am supposed to eat two pieces of french toast with peanut butter and jam (at 7AM) and then a candy bar at 7:45 AM.

I will be back later!!!!

Rachel
Closed Thread