Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Muscle Matters!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2010, 06:35 AM   #511
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: jamistar77
Stats: 150/142/137 or 15% body fat 5'7"
WOE: Body For Life/TKD
Start Date: 09/2009
Twyla, I was looking at your journal and I copied your refeed day numbers. It was great, no gain the next day, no bloat, no tummy troubles! Thanks you for posting all that information for everyone! Its very helpful!!

Sponsored Links
Old 03-05-2010, 07:09 AM   #512
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: inatic
Stats: 182+/126 5'4 51!yo 16/4 *5* kidlets later!
WOE: Coach:Erik Ledin leanbodies consulting
Start Date: LowER C since 2/02 wt training 10/15/02
body fat and percentages cleared up.

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/mu...l#post13215478
Old 03-05-2010, 09:48 AM   #513
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NeGA
Stats: 5'10" and 164
WOE: Low Carb Something!
Start Date: February 22, 2010
I certainly understand the article by Leighe Peele. The photo of the 10% BF on two different males, one with more muscle than the other, is a great point. That is a good representative of me when I was younger... thin, lean, but no muscle, no tone. That's why I'm lifting now. Old is bad enough... but old and saggy is just yuck! LOL...
Old 03-05-2010, 10:44 AM   #514
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: yorick
Stats: 5'8" 187/170/160
Start Date: May 2009
Thanks Ileen for that great link.

I have to admit that I've been obsessing about finding out my body fat % lately.

I've been put more at ease now though. I think how I look to myself in photos, how I feel, etc, is probably more important than knowing an exact number.
Old 03-06-2010, 05:39 AM   #515

Gallery: WATCH-ME-SHRINK
Stats: 168, Size 12/138 lowest/goal 148 5'7
WOE: Carb rotations/mod carb
Ilene, agreeing with everyone else here, great post/link on the BF issues thing. Great perspective. Eye opener indeed.

For ME, judging by how my clothes fit is the best incentive for me. It's my wakeup call when it needs to be, and it never lies to me. It's staring back at me from the mirror. That is my daily reminder and incentive of keeping with my program. I've learned to let go of the "numbers" and trust the mirror.

And in my case, it's just as well. Lord knows I've never been good with numbers, math, analytical crap. Keep it simple for me, Sweetie.

I'm enjoying visiting this thread every day. Good info here, good support, great network.

BTW, Jami, glad my "numbers" on my macros have served you well. Macro numbers? My brain can handle those. :blush: I'll be doing a carb up today, so you'll see those #'s by day's end.

Old 03-06-2010, 02:30 PM   #516
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mayberryfan
Stats: 22/14/10 or 8 if I can!
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: June 6, 2007
Happy Saturday, everyone!

Having my refeed day! Protein oatmeal for breakfast..LOVE it. Going to a family potluck tonight. Hope I don't overdo too much!

Great workout today. Worked HARD.
Warm-up was arm circles, trunk twist, girly pushups, lunges, pilates imprints, the 100 and arrow-heads (all 4's, one leg extended, lift center, tap left, tap right, repeat)

30 deadlifts @ 62 lbs
22 shoulder press @ 40 lbs
50 hip extentions
24 pullovers @ 30 lbs
30 rev crunch
50 cr. knee crunch
20 curls @ 30 lbs
20 tri-ext @30 lbs
Old 03-06-2010, 03:03 PM   #517

Gallery: LowCarbRachel
Stats: 155/143.4/135
WOE: OKL
Start Date: October 2014
Hi all!

Happily back at the gym after my rest week. I did upper body last night and lower body today, and I am SORE! Feels great, lol!

Continuing to eat super healthy...cutting out all processed foods has made me feel much better. I'm not sure if I am sensitive to grains or dairy as we eliminated both of those at the same time. I am going to try and add dairy back (greek yogurt and a little bit of cheese) after March 17.

I am shopping for my bikini tomorrow (for my after photos!)
Old 03-06-2010, 04:56 PM   #518
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

HI Rachel! I bet it DOES feel good to get back to the gym! You are doing so great with staying OP!
Just a couple more weeks until Bikini time?! WHOO HOO!
Old 03-06-2010, 06:39 PM   #519
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Firm Hottie
Stats: Too big/-15/Just right
WOE: Lower carb & weight training
Hey guys, long time, no post! I've been keeping up with you all though, and it's great to see everyone doing so well.

I've been doing my bodyweight work with lots of cardio, combined with low-carb, and am still not seeing much of a difference. I am very frustrated. I gave up lifting heavy because I don't seem to be able to lose fat and build muscle at the same time. I moved to lower weight/higer rep, and still nothing. Now I'm at bodyweight only with cardio, and same thing.

I know that I shouldn't even be thinking this, but I'm starting to think that I should only be doing cardio to lose some of this weight, and then get back to the weights. I know I'll be losing muscle, but it appears that I've got lots extra under this flab, so why not?

The only other thing I can attribute this to is having a Mirena IUD. I've heard that it can be attributed to weight gain/problems losing weight in some women, and wonder if that may be the culprit here.

I'm not even close to giving up, but am beyond frustrated here. Twyla, I think I'm probably close to you in terms of body shape based on what I've seen of your pics. A pear that builds muscle pretty quickly. Any suggestions you - or anyone else - might be willing to make for me?

I'm not a newbie to exercise or to low-carbing. I have tried lifting heavy with Body For Life as well as Chalene Extreme (CLX), and had zero results in terms of losing weight or inches with either program. Yes, I got a lot stronger, but that wasn't my main goal! I have tons of workouts - everything from BFL, CLX, The Firm, Cathe, Jari Love, Jillian Michaels, TurboJam, Brazilian Butt Lift (actually doing these now), Hip Hop Abs, kettlebell workouts, Callenetics, Barre, Fluidity, etc.

I'm not really worried about the number on the scale per say, but how my clothes fit. My size 6 jeans are just as tight now as they were when I got back on track the beginning of February. Well, maybe a tiny bit looser in the waist, but just as tight in the hips, butt, and thighs.

The last time I paired low carb with only cardio, I lost weight and sizes like nobody's business. In fairness that was 7 years ago and Mirena-less.

Sorry for the long post. I'm just bummed that I'm busting my butt, but don't seem to have anything to show for it.
Old 03-06-2010, 07:48 PM   #520

I bought my bikini! I'm not "done" yet, but I have changed a lot since I started. It will be good to see visual results of my progress since last November. My mid-section is still not as lean as I'd like, and my back and upper thighs still need some work. But, I am just going to keep working hard on getting leaner. I will never be done working out and eating well. First round after pictures on March 17.

Firm, I wish I had some sage words of advice for you. I know that I've felt frustrated on weeks where I was working hard but didn't see my body change. I will be eager to see what others in the thread suggest for you. I have an IUD, too, but mine is the copper one, without hormones.

BTW, my body doesn't like to lose weight when I do too much cardio. I have records of all my workouts, nutrition, and results every week since November 1, and my worst weeks, results wise, were the weeks when I did intense cardio (like 1 minute fast, 1 minute slow for 30 minutes on the elliptical) and only ate 1300-1400 calories. Too much intense cardio hasn't helped me burn fat at all, but I know that everyone is different.

Oh, and the other thing that helped me "shake it up" was eliminating dairy and grains, for now. I'm not sure how many carbs you are eating or what types, but maybe you have a gluten or dairy allergy.

Last edited by LowCarbRachel; 03-06-2010 at 07:54 PM..
Old 03-07-2010, 04:36 AM   #521
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good Morning everyone! I'm getting ready to leave for work. I and hoping and praying that today is better than yesterday. It has to be right? One of the problems of the equation is going to be off today, so I know it will be 60% better

Laura~ Sorry about your stall. I feel ya! I was like that for 4 months before I made a change, and now finally I am losing inches. Talk about insanity! LOL I have read that definition of that a lot lately from other members on here and other sites. "Doing the same thing over and over again, and expecting different result"... Makes sense to me! I started BFL, gave up Atkins, and with the meal plans in that book I have lost inches...

Rachel~ So exciting about the bikini!!! Are you going to share your progress pics? I'm excited to see how far you've come! Thank you for mentioning about the cardio tip. I have been contemplating about adding more in. Right now I just do 2 HIITS a week and 2 20 minute turbo jams.. I was thinking about adding in another session or 2 of SS cardio... I looked at my legs last night and almost cried! Cellulite... Over time it will get better with weights.

I hate wishing my life away, but I really want to fast forward today but, Like I said, a huge part of the problem is off today!

No exercise today, or yesterday... I hate taking 2 days off in a row, but I have no choice.. I had to work 13 hours yesterday with 5 hours of sleep. Not good for the Jamester.
Old 03-07-2010, 07:03 AM   #522
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Terra2721
Stats: 232/164/150
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: restart 9/17/2012
Good morning all....like Firm Hottie, I haven't posted in a while but have been following the thread. I have been consistently getting in 3 days a week of weight training followed by cardio....just finished 6 weeks and did measuring....I am down an inch in my waist but stayed the same in my abdomen, butt, and thighs. I am 3lbs (now 175) heavier than when I began, but I feel like I look slimmer...clothes fit, not falling off and not tight. Would you say this is a success? My goal is to try and whittle off some inches from my hips, butt, and thighs while becoming firmer everywhere else. As for my diet, I try to stay between 1600 and 1900 calories 65% Fat, 5% carbs, 30% protein. Love your thoughts and guidance....TIA!
Old 03-07-2010, 07:30 AM   #523

Laura, I feel for you. I've been where you are more than I care to recount. Yes, you're absolutely right. We, my friend, are TRUE endormorphs. And as such, our fight has to be fought far differently than other people of other body types, whether true mesos or ectos, or a combo of any of the three.

Let me preface what I'm about to say with this: There have been two times in my journey that I have been able to make consistent, noticeable changes in my body. They were: 1) When I was doing Callanetics and s/s cardio 3 to 4 x a week, tracking carbs and cals, staying at a moderate deficit. 2) When I decided I didn't want to be skinny fat -- or any version of skinny fat -- anymore, and I wanted to build some sexy/healthy muscle; and that is when I made the move to start adding clean carbs to my training and began lifting more frequently and progressively.

When I finally got over my fear of carbs and began incorporating refeeds once a week, and then later switched to carb rotations, I saw huge progress in terms of body recomp. Did I lose a lot of scale weight? NO. EMPHATICALLY NO. But I lost inches and sizes in my clothes (I'll take that any day) as I gained LBM.

Like Rachel said, I don't know what your nutrition agenda is like. Maybe you could give us an idea of how/what you're eating, cals, carbs, protein, etc. Nutrition is 80% (or more) of one's success. Start there.

Two other things that may help you: In terms of cardio, try splitting your cardio into two sessions, one a.m., one p.m., for a metabolic edge. And secondly, ensuring that you're getting adequate rest. If you have a lot of stress in your life, that's gonna work against your body's willingness to burn fat. Adequate rest helps to avoid that.

I have tons more suggestions, but I'm most curious about your nutrition for starters.

You're wise to unload here and let others try to offer their advice and support. The road is far longer going it alone.

Old 03-07-2010, 07:30 AM   #524
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terra2721 View Post
Good morning all....like Firm Hottie, I haven't posted in a while but have been following the thread. I have been consistently getting in 3 days a week of weight training followed by cardio....just finished 6 weeks and did measuring....I am down an inch in my waist but stayed the same in my abdomen, butt, and thighs. I am 3lbs (now 175) heavier than when I began, but I feel like I look slimmer...clothes fit, not falling off and not tight. Would you say this is a success? My goal is to try and whittle off some inches from my hips, butt, and thighs while becoming firmer everywhere else. As for my diet, I try to stay between 1600 and 1900 calories 65% Fat, 5% carbs, 30% protein. Love your thoughts and guidance....TIA!
Yes! I do think you are making progress. Since I started my program I have gaind 2 pounds as well. Alough the inches are melting off slowly. Keep up the good work!! My thighs seems to be the last shrink. I measure them and they dont really shrink, but my jeans are fitting loosly now, go figure.
Old 03-07-2010, 08:21 AM   #525

Quote:
It sounds like you are definitely making progress. Unfortunately we can't always control where the changes are going to happen first. My midsection is my "trouble area" and it's the last place I'm seeing changes, even as my overall body fat drops.

What type of lifting and cardio are you doing?
Old 03-07-2010, 08:25 AM   #526

Jami, I will share progress pictures, with the caveat that I don't consider this the end of my journey yet. Actually, this journey will never actually end for me, but you know what I mean.

Today we're going to go and have some "fun" activity...bowling! And if it's nice, we'll go walk at the park.
Old 03-07-2010, 08:35 AM   #527
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Terra2721
Stats: 232/164/150
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: restart 9/17/2012
Got Built? Basic whole-body workout This is a beginning workout I saw in another thread that I have been following for the past 6 weeks....3 days a week, sometimes 4 or 5. I follow the workout with ab work with as much weight as I can stand then 20 min. on the treadmill or eliptical.
Old 03-07-2010, 08:35 AM   #528
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowCarbRachel View Post
Jami, I will share progress pictures, with the caveat that I don't consider this the end of my journey yet. Actually, this journey will never actually end for me, but you know what I mean.

Today we're going to go and have some "fun" activity...bowling! And if it's nice, we'll go walk at the park.
YEP!! Its the beginning of a whole new mind set and body!! Just imagine what the rest of this year will bring! I am going to take some more pics tomorrow to see if I notice changes..
Have fun bowling... The only bowling I do is on Nintendo WII. LOL
Old 03-07-2010, 10:42 AM   #529
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: LouieLouie2007
Stats: 250+/181.8/160 or 23% body fat 5'6" 34 yrs
WOE: Atkins all the way baby!
Start Date: April 2003/Start again April 06 post 2nd child
Good morning!

Add me to the group.

I injured my ankle pretty good and now my cardio capability is seriously limited.

So now I am lifting to compensate and I must say, I am really enjoying it. I run triathlons, but who knows when I am going to be to do that again.

So now I am interested in how much lifting is going to help transform me. I will keep you posted.
Old 03-07-2010, 10:52 AM   #530
Major LCF Poster!

Thank you so very much for your help!

Sorry I made the classic newbie mistake of not posting my food. When I was following Atkins, I stayed in induction, and was following it to a "T". I managed to lose 20 pounds on it, then totally stalled for two months.

Here's an example of what I was doing when I was on Atkins:

B- bacon (2-3 pieces) & 2 eggs, fried in the bacon grease or in butter
L - tuna salad made with mayo atop a salad (2 cups) with < 2 carb salad dressing or oil & vinegar
D - steak and green beans, both topped with butter
W - 1 gallon

I kept my info in ****** for awhile, and was 65/25/10 - 69/25/6.

After I stalled out on Atkins, I did try upping my fat, but no luck. I started thinking that maybe I was one of the people who lose better with less fat, and more carbs and protein. I switched over to my old plan (Metabolic Research) that I had lost 70 pounds with in 2003.

Here's what I ate yesterday on that plan:

B - breakfast burrito (1 egg + 1 oz cheese + LC tortilla)
S - protein shake
L - LC yogurt + green salad with oil & vinegar dressing + 1/2 orange
S - protein shake
D - baked Italian chicken + green beans
S - protein shake
W - 1 gallon

This plan has me at about 1200 calories and 40/45/15.

Here's some other useful info just in case:
  • I had zero results following BLF, other than getting a lot stronger. I followed the eating plan, which does incorporate healthy carbs. I didn't lose any weight, nor did I lose any inches.
  • Ditto with Chalene Extreme (CLX), another heavy weight/HIIT program. I loved doing it, but just didn't get results from it.
  • Then I tried Jillian Michaels for a month, doing low weight/high rep with cardio drills. Nada.
  • Then I started my Brazilian Butt Lift rotation, which is a mix of unweighted lower body workouts (both standing as well as floorwork) along with some cardio. At the end of the month, my butt had lifted and firmed, but I only lost 2 lbs. This was last month, when I started my eating plan.
  • I didn't think I was getting enough cardio with the BBL rotation as written, so I made my own combining the unweighted lower body workouts with additional old school step aerobics 5 days/week. Here's what that rotation looks like:

M - 30 minutes standing lower body workout + 10 minutes waist work from Squeeze Stronger + 30 minute incline step workout = 70 minutes

T - 30 minute lower body floorwork + 10 minutes unweighted upper body work + 45 minute step workout + 10 minutes = ab work = 95 minutes

W - 30 minutes standing lower body workout + 10 minutes waist work from Squeeze Stronger + 30 minute incline step workout = 70 minutes

T - 30 minute lower body floorwork + 10 minutesunweighted upper body work + 45 minute step workout + ab work = 95 minutes

F - 30 minute standing lower body workout + 10 minutes waist work from Squeeze Stronger + 30 minute incline step workout = 70 minutes
  • My last resort would be to drop everything except the step aerobics, as that's the only exercise I did back in 2003 alond with my meal plan. Back then, I dropped 60 pounds in 17 weeks. At that point, I added the Firm's aerobic weight training workouts 3 days a week, along with 3 days of steady state cardio, and lost 10 pounds and two more sizes.
  • I know that strength training is so very important, and don't want to give it up, but maybe I just need to lose some of this flab first with just cardio, then get back to the weights. I just feel like I'm wasting so much time doing what I know I should be doing, but isn't working.
  • I'm not worried about the number on the scale, as I've always been heavier than I looked. At this point, I just want to get back to where I'm in my size 4s and not jiggly! When I was at that point before, I weighed 130-135 and everyone thought I weighed no more than 110 pounds.

Twyla, thank you so very much for getting through all of this and for being willing to give me your advice. You have no idea just how much I appreciate that!

Last edited by Firm Hottie; 03-07-2010 at 11:19 AM.. Reason: typos
Old 03-07-2010, 11:02 AM   #531
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firm Hottie View Post
Sorry I made the classic newbie mistake of not posting my food. When I was following Atkins, I stayed in induction, and was following it to a "T". I managed to lose 20 pounds on it, then totally stalled for two months.
Me TOO! Well, Actually 4 months! Then I switched to something else....
SO I swithed to what you mentioned, low fat, moderate carb and protein, and the inches started coming off!!
Well actually my %'s are about 50p/30c/20-25f

Last edited by jamistar77; 03-07-2010 at 11:05 AM..
Old 03-07-2010, 11:17 AM   #532
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamistar77 View Post
Twyla, I was looking at your journal and I copied your refeed day numbers. It was great, no gain the next day, no bloat, no tummy troubles! Thanks you for posting all that information for everyone! Its very helpful!!
Where is Twyla's journal? I need to see it! Seriously, I do! Wow, I sound like a junkie eagerly awaiting my next fix!

Quote:
Since you're only 6 weeks into weight training, your muscles might still be holding on to some water weight. I bet if you give it another couple of weeks and measure again, you'll start seeing more losses. Don't get sucked into the whole scale thing, as you can see that you can gain weight, but be smaller. Gotta love the fact that a pound of muscle and a pound of fat weigh the same, but that the pound of muscle is smaller!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowCarbRachel View Post

They'll be in your new bikini, right? That way we can see both! I agree 100% with you - this journey will never end, and we'll all be so much better for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamistar77 View Post
Me TOO! Well, Actually 4 months! Then I switched to something else....
SO I swithed to what you mentioned, low fat, moderate carb and protein, and the inches started coming off!!
Well actually my %'s are about 50p/30c/20-25f
But you're lifting heavy, right? And are pretty close to goal too. This worked for me too when I was getting pretty close to goal, but for some reason doesn't seem to work when I've still got a good bit of weight to lose. And I hate that, because I really do love to lift weights. I actually miss it.

Jami, do you mind posting a day's worth of food for you? I'd be interested to see how it compared to what I'm doing right now.

Last edited by Firm Hottie; 03-07-2010 at 11:20 AM..
Old 03-07-2010, 11:23 AM   #533
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: jeaniem
Stats: 166/157.8/?
WOE: lc
Slight treadjack. It's exciting to see everyone here loving weightlifting. I myself wake up excited that I get to do a weight workout on the given day but have come to dread any cardio. It seems so boring in comparison.
Old 03-07-2010, 11:24 AM   #534
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jenn_in_NJ
Stats: 267/142/135
WOE: JUDDD/IF
Start Date: 2001
Laura, is that the amount of calories you always eat? What do you weigh? How many grams of protein is in there?
Old 03-07-2010, 11:58 AM   #535
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenn_in_NJ View Post
Laura, is that the amount of calories you always eat? What do you weigh? How many grams of protein is in there?
You mean in the latter plan? It's 1200 calories, and yes, I follow that each day. It worked before, when I went from 200 pounds down to 130, so I figured it should work again. I currently weigh 146 pounds. As for protein, I believe that's right about 100 grams per day, give or take a few grams depending on what I actually eat. My nutritional ratio with this plan is right about 4/45/15, which is quite a bit different than the 65/25/10 I was doing with Atkins.
Old 03-07-2010, 01:08 PM   #536
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firm Hottie View Post
Where is Twyla's journal? I need to see it! Seriously, I do! Wow, I sound like a junkie eagerly awaiting my next fix!

LOL! I know it!! I actually had to look through Twylas Profile, and look at her statistics to find it. Twyla, I'm stalking you hahahaaaa.

But you're lifting heavy, right? And are pretty close to goal too. This worked for me too when I was getting pretty close to goal, but for some reason doesn't seem to work when I've still got a good bit of weight to lose. And I hate that, because I really do love to lift weights. I actually miss it.

Jami, do you mind posting a day's worth of food for you? I'd be interested to see how it compared to what I'm doing right now.
I am pretty close to goal. Weight wise I'm fine, I'm just trying to lose some fat and lean out. Sure! I'll post my foods I started doing that in my bfl challenge 2010, but Ive been slacking.
Typical day:
M1~ Pre workout...Protein shake... 1/4 cup dry oatmeal, 8oz almond breeze, 1scoop whey protein, mix in blender until all mixed up. 245 cals, 19 total carbs

M2~ Protein oatmeal 1/3 dry oatmeal. prepared with 1 cup water. 1 scoop whey protein, splash of almond breeze. 233 cals, 23 carbs

M3~ 1/2 cup cottage cheese 1/2 chopped apple, spenda cinnamon 120 cals 16 total carbs.

M4~ LC turkey wrap with lettuce tomato, spicy musturd, slice of FF cheese. 1 cup cooked green beans. 250 cals, 14 total carbs

M5~ Seasame beef stir fry, lean ground beef, seasame oil, broccoli slaw.. 209 cals, 6 total carbs

M6~ 1/2 cup cottage cheese, 4-6 oz FF, SF yogurt... 170 cals 16 total carbs.
about 1300 cals, and 95 total carb...
Everyday varies for me 1300-1600 cals, 90-115 carbs. Depends on what I am doing at the gym that day. Every Thursday I have a refeed. 2200 cals, 220 carbs and 220 protein. 40p/40c/20f
I am still fussing with my menu though... but I'm starting to get the hang of it.
Oh, I usually eat my weight, or more in protein a day, 140-160 grams..

Last edited by jamistar77; 03-07-2010 at 01:10 PM..
Old 03-07-2010, 01:12 PM   #537

Laura, first, GLARINGLY imp...(as Jenn also noticed)... your calories are too low!

Way too low.

1200 cals? Are you frikkin kidding me?

Did I miss something here?

If you're a couch potato, okay. Might work.

But you're not.

Raise your calories to no less than 1500 a day minimum.

Start there.

And if you're lifting, you probably should go no lower than 1.5 gr of protein pp BW.

My journal is on the Weight Loss Journals Board, with carb rotations and such starting at roughly Page 41 or so. But feel free to browse throughout my evolving journey, if it helps you gain insight.

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ournal-41.html

Jami, too funny. Stalking? Right.

Last edited by WATCH-ME-SHRINK; 03-07-2010 at 01:14 PM..
Old 03-07-2010, 01:19 PM   #538
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks Twyla, I can never remember where to find your journal. Now that I've posted in it I can just user control panel it
Old 03-07-2010, 01:31 PM   #539
Major LCF Poster!

Jami - thanks for posting your food. Interesting how you really started seeing results after changing things up. 20/40/40 and 1300 calories, and you're lifting heavy, right?

Twyla - Really? 1500 calories. Not to be arguementative, because I'm really not (just trying to understand), but how do I explain that I started out at 200 lbs in 2003, did this same exact plan with 1200 calories, and lost so much weight back then? Why would it work then, but not now?

Other than my workouts, I'm not very active. I'm a SAHM to an 11 boy who does light housework during the day, and not even that much of that since we are a tidy family of three.

And I'm not lifting per say, only doing body weight exercises like push-ups, tricep dips & vertical pull ups twice a week and body weight lunges, squats, and floorwork 5 times a week along with my cardio five times a week.

What macro should I be at in your opinion? I'm currently at 40F/45P/15C.

Thank you again. I'm off to check out your journal!
Old 03-07-2010, 01:56 PM   #540
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Laura, Your welcome! LOL Like Twyla mentioned, getting your calories up around 1500 is great because your body wont go into starvation mode. If you dipped below your BMR which is usually above 1300, your body will resist and weight losses can and will stop. I try to keep mine up, but somedays its hard, especially if I am eating clean and simple.
This is something I should do consistanty, since I am lifting heavy.
Closed Thread