Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Muscle Matters!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2003, 07:39 AM   #1
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: igirl
Stats: 22/12/6
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 8/99
"Jiggly Fat" - Try and remember, this is a GOOD thing. Here's why...

I thought now would be a good time to remind myself AND others NOT to freak out when this little surprise visits YOU --as much as you might want to! For me, it decided to show up while I was trying on some new pants at Target. OMG - there IT was all over my thighs! WTH? Where did THAT come from? And, why oh why, do stores have to use those damn florescent lights that show every little bump and lump???)

Well, here's the scoop --anyone whose done atleast ONE challenge knows that sometime during it, the dreaded 'Jiggly Fat Monster' will appear. The reason for this is that your fat cells are breaking down and getting ready to hit the road. So, one day you might look and think, "Hey, I'm starting to firm up, things are looking good!" The very next day, you might look to see that same spot covered with, yes, you guessed it -- "Jiggly Fat!" YIKES!! First, STAY CALM, and Next, try and remember that this is a GOOD thing and that soon it will be gone and replaced nice looking muscle! Yippee!

Really! I'm NOT kidding! Ask around...

I'm sure one of the 'oldies' might know where the link is that actually explains this phenomenon-- I'm not too good at bookmarking that stuff. Hopefully, someone out there has.

So, here's to hoping the 'Jiggly Fat' bug hits you soon!

"The chief cause of failure and unhappiness is trading what we want most for what we want at the moment" -- unknown

Goal: To go BAGGIE -- my pants, that is!
igirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-20-2003, 08:46 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Rondede
Stats: 185/?/140
I never in my life thought I would be wishing for "jiggly fat" LOL. I'm sure I will be posting when it happens to me
Rondede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2003, 10:18 AM   #3
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: smasty
Yeah, I love jiggly fat!!! I made up a tune to sing when I see it! I usually see it around my abs...usually the fat layer is pretty firm there (as firm as fat can be)...but occasionally it gets really loose and jiggly, and sure enough, tape measurement of my waist soon drops like 1/2 ". My fat layer is pretty firm these days....c'mon jiggly fat..pay me a visit!
smasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2003, 01:23 PM   #4
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Leenie
Stats: 238/213/155
WOE: Medifast
Start Date: July 26, 2011
I'm too firm now too, lol Imagine looking forward to jiggliness again...give me a couple of weeks and the jiggles will be back!
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2003, 01:29 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BeingHealthy
Stats: Female 46, 5'3"
About where in the challenge (what weeks) on average does one see this phenomenon? Cuz I am only starting week 3 and feeling real jiggly (more than usual) around my waist. I am trying to be patient and I am not measuring myself until after the 4th week. So far I don't feel like my clothes are fitting better and yet my waist feels even bigger.
BeingHealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2003, 06:46 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NoMoreOreos
Stats: Size 16/ 6-8/Size4
WOE: Low Carb, based mostly on Atkins
Start Date: 6/28/02
Hey igirl, you're right! I remember asking this about 3 or 4 months ago - I had these weird lumpy things on the underside of my arms. I TOTALLY freaked out! It felt bizarre when I would touch it. I think it was you who answered me and explained it. And you were right! Those lumpies turned in triceps!!! Now if it would only happen to my abs!!!
NoMoreOreos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2003, 03:45 AM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: valg
Thanks for this reminder. I've found my inner thighs are very lumpy & bumpy now, but have been a couple of weeks. Seems like way more than ususal unless I've only just noticed it. How long before it whooshes away? So far it hasn't. The lumps seem very prominent where they go up and down. Is that "jiggly fat"? I don't seem to be able to really define what that looks like on my body (the jiggly fat).
valg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2003, 06:04 AM   #8
Big Yapper!!!!

http://www.hussman.org/fitness/index.htm#inside

""You really do change from the Inside out"

Here's one of the links that talks about it, but not the one I was looking for.

Valg, my guess is that it would be different on everyone. Mine tends to be really lumpy and bumpy --overexaggerated cellulite. It will mostly show up on my thighs and stomach. Basically, it is a pretty GROSS looking acquisition, while it lasts. But once it's gone, things look GOOD!!

I think I need to get to the 'singing' about it place, like Sue, cuz the 'screaming' about it thing terrifies my family! hehe

One thing people suggest to help it leave faster, is to drink ALOT of water -- flush that fat out of your system. So, drink up guys --and let's CHURN some fat into Muscle!
Old 01-21-2003, 06:17 AM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: valg
Thanks igirl. It IS gross looking right now. I have a generally slugglish metabolism (am on thryoid), so perhaps it just takes a while longer to flush out. It must be close to leaving because it really hasn't looked this bad before (hope I'm not in denial about that). and it's been a couple of weeks that I first noticed it.
valg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2003, 08:05 AM   #10

Gallery: CeltiaSkye
Every night when I go to bed I jiggle my belly fat and tell it that it had better be packing it's bags because before long it's gonna be out of here!
CeltiaSkye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2003, 10:01 AM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LuckyJoyce
Stats: 230/144/140
WOE: Moderate carbs, lotsa protein
I don't have a link to info either, but I've come to think of it this way: fat's breaking up in the area because I'm burning it off, so the area becomes less and less densely packed with fat, which makes it start to get jiggly and even more jiggly as more fat gets burned off. Eventually the jiggly layer disappears and the area seems "firm" again until my body returns to that area to burn fat again.

Who knew I had so much spare energy to burn!? LOL

Joyce
LuckyJoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2003, 05:38 AM   #12
Big Yapper!!!!

Bumping this for Kinook.

Congrats on gettin THE JIGGLIES!
Old 01-30-2003, 11:24 AM   #13
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kinook180
Thanks igirl,

just saw this posted, not sure its bumpy, but its jiggly on my belly and my boobs are going south haahhaha. i am hoping they return smaller and firmer but i am a bit concerned about this part. I am noticing this on my belly mainly and the inner tops of my thighs..

glad to know its a good thing
thanks for the post!
kinook180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2003, 11:43 AM   #14
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: BFL Chick
Stats: 2001:192 2008:132
Start Date: 1/01 Atkins
I don't have any jiggly fat yet , but if I find it, I will definitely post about it!
BFL Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2003, 03:38 PM   #15
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: airedale3
ok now I feel better

Today I was looking at some mighty jiggly fat on my abdomen , usually its rock solid
so this makes me feel much better thinking it might be on its merry way out of me soon!!

1 week challenge
airedale3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2003, 04:04 PM   #16
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Leenie
Stats: 238/213/155
WOE: Medifast
Start Date: July 26, 2011
I'm happy to report the jiggles are back again!
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2003, 04:11 PM   #17
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kinook180
Leenie how soon after the jigglies did u see changes
kinook180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2003, 05:06 AM   #18
Big Yapper!!!!

Adiptan -- funny you brought this up -- I was noticing that the 'jiggly stuff' was back again on my thighs and was going to bump this today so I can keep REMINDING myself that it's a GOOD thing. UG! They were looking so smooth last week! Darnit!

Edited to say I also thought this might be a good time with alot of people between the 4th and 6th weeks and things are probably starting to happen. So don't freak out if this STUFF is what you see first! Good things are on the way -- (kim, keep telling YOURSELF that, keep telling yourself that...)

Last edited by igirl; 02-19-2003 at 05:08 AM..
Old 02-19-2003, 05:46 AM   #19
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Shimmer
Stats: 245/229/140...22/16/12
Start Date: 10/1/01
[COLOR=royalblue]Well, my fat's all pretty solid but I'm just starting (middle of Week 2). I'll be on the lookout for Jiggly Fat and welcome it with (hopefully) jiggly arms![/COLOR]
Shimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2003, 06:08 AM   #20
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Sinnrah
Stats: CW 110 FINALLY DID IT
WOE: WOE
Start Date: 01/15/07
My jiggly fat likes to hang on for dear life....

Sinnrah
Sinnrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2003, 11:56 AM   #21
nitpicker

Gallery: nitpicker
I have a question about the jiggly fat...because I think I have some. (Though not a BFL'er I have been exercising a lot including weight training and have definitely built muscle mass.)

Someone in this thread mentioned that their jiggly fat is very lumpy and bumpy, like cellulite.

I have what appear to be jigglies both on the underside of my upper arms and on my sides right above the bra strap (I HATE that overhanging 'shelf' over the side of my bra! It's worse on one side but I have it on both sides.) Anyway, though I normally do not suffer from cellulite (even when I was at my heaviest, about 40 pounds ago, it was all pretty 'solid'), these areas are now just riddled with dents - looks like someone has been shooting a BB gun at those areas.

Does this mean (I hope) that these areas are jigglies and on their way OUT?

nitpicker
Old 05-23-2003, 05:24 AM   #22
lisarob

Gallery: lisarob
Thank you for posting this.

My fat is not necessarily lumpier, but it is looser and less dense. I started wearing a thigh/ab control girdle alot. I now have cellulite on the front of my thighs also, all the way down to the knees. YUCK!

I am now heading for the gym......with my water!
Old 08-15-2010, 05:09 AM   #23
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: psigna
Stats: 218/171.6/125
WOE: South Beachy type, High Fiber (The Daily Plate)
Start Date: 1/4/10 again, 10/9/11 again start 200 lbs
to subscribe.
psigna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 05:46 PM   #24
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: newfocus
Stats: 197/163/155
WOE: Portion Control/Trying To Eat More Natural Foods
Start Date: February 2007
I went from firm to jiggly. Now, I want to get back to firm. How's that going to work for me? If I burn more calories than I eat I guess I may find out.
newfocus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 05:49 PM   #25
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: fourstubbs
Stats: 225/220/142.3/135
WOE: IDEAL PROTEIN
Start Date: Restart July 2012
This sounds very interesting...my stomach is very saggy, I hope the weight comes off soon. It is SOOO gross!!
fourstubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 04:37 PM   #26
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: rqw1968
Stats: 199 lbs/143.1 lbs/128 lbs (5' 6.5") Age: 44
WOE: Typically VLC, On hCG SubQ R1P2 since 10/4/2012
Start Date: January '09 (Restart: 7/15/2012)
Lord love you for posting this one !!! LOL

I have rolls again when I thought they were GONE !!!

I'm weight training and doing cardio, but I'm afraid this situation is going to get worse. I've lost about 10 lbs since mid-July (which includes any muscle gain -- this is only what the SCALES are telling me. Clothes-wise, I've gone from a 14 to a tight 10. (12's are saggy in the butt now and gap at the waist.) XL t-shirt (men's) to a Medium (also men's size). I could ALMOST get into a Small (men's size again) if it weren't for the rolls and the fat equator still at my bellybutton. I can actually see my ribs (not all, but most) for the first time in a decade. Just under the ribs are nice little rolls of skin. Put on a snug shirt and they stand right out there for all to see.

At least I know this is normal. Not happy about it in one sense, but I hope it's not gonna homestead for a while. :taps foot annoyingly:

Thanks for the info !!!!!!!!!!!!!
rqw1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 03:02 PM   #27
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: hannah1989
Stats: current- 168 pounds. goal- 158
WOE: Low Carb High Fat
Start Date: August 1st 2013
Interested in this jiggly fat thing... I have always had the soft kind of fat in my inner thighs and my stomach, and I suppose you could say its jiggly! So if it was also at this stage, why would it not eventually go away? I have been on a pretty healthy diet for 5+ months, but only being very low carb about 1 week ago! Do you think this may change soon? Any tips?!
hannah1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 02:53 PM   #28
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: linsey4203
well I have some so i guess that's good news? LOL
linsey4203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 09:59 AM   #29
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Grateful_Love
Stats: 272/235/170 (5'1'')
Start Date: March 2013
Ohh, this is wonderful news. I was looking at myself in the mirror today, and I thought..UGH, my upper thighs looked better when I was 40 pounds heavier! And I was second-guessing when/if I'd ever be able to wear a bathing suit without feeling self conscious again.

Thank you for this little bit of info!
Grateful_Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 12:53 PM   #30
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: IndieKim
Stats: 202/163.8/130
WOE: Atkins-ish Low Carb
Start Date: 05/20??/2013
My stomach jiggles like a waterbed. I have wondered how much of that is really going to go away/firm up and how much loose skin is going to be left flopping around. I really saw it yesterday when trying on pants (co-sign on the old post above about stores and their horrific florescent lighting, btw! )
IndieKim is offline   Reply With Quote