Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Muscle Matters!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2003, 11:13 AM   #1
Fat Burning Machine Extraordinaire!

Gallery: DiamondDeb
Stats: 125+ lbs lost
Body Rx ~ The Basics

This is an overview of the Body Rx program by Dr. Scott Connelly. BRx is a 6-month program consisting of 4 6-week cycles. Each cycle has a different goal, with a nutrition & exercise plan geared toward those goals. According to Connelly, nutrition is really the essential part. He claims that the only way you can NOT get good results is by NOT following the nutrition plan. For most people nutrition accounts for 70% of the results with exercise and recovery accounting for the rest. This is why there are so many people out there toiling away in gyms without getting results...the nutrition part is extremely important.

[COLOR=red].....................................Body Rx Nutrition.....................................[/COLOR]

Foods are divided into groups, like a traffic light...

[COLOR=339900]GREEN:[/COLOR] GO! You may eat as many of these as you like.
[COLOR=FFCC00]YELLOW: [/COLOR] Caution! These are restricted but allowed.
[COLOR=FF0000 ]RED:[/COLOR] Stop! Special occasions only. These are comparable to BFL free day foods.

[COLOR=3300FF]...............................Cycle 1: Getting Stronger...............................[/COLOR]

Protein ~ 1g per pound of body weight measured at the beginning of cycle.
[COLOR=339900]GREEN:[/COLOR] Make the vast majority of your protein choices from these foods.
[COLOR=FFCC00]YELLOW: [/COLOR] 2 servings per week.
[COLOR=FF0000 ]RED:[/COLOR] Special occasions.

Carbs ~ 2g per pound of body weight measured at the beginning of cycle.
[COLOR=339900]GREEN:[/COLOR] Unlimited, does not count towards your total.
[COLOR=FFCC00]YELLOW: [/COLOR] Stick within your limits.
[COLOR=FF0000 ]RED:[/COLOR] Special occasions, count towards your limits.

Fiber ~ 30g

[COLOR=3300FF]...............................Cycle 2: Getting Sculpted...............................[/COLOR]

Protein ~ 1.25g per pound of body weight measured at the beginning of cycle.
[COLOR=339900]GREEN:[/COLOR] Make the vast majority of your protein choices from these foods.
[COLOR=FFCC00]YELLOW:[/COLOR] 1 serving per week.

Carbs ~ 1g per pound of body weight measured at the beginning of cycle.
[COLOR=FFCC00]YELLOW:[/COLOR] Stick within your limits.

Fiber ~ 45g

[COLOR=3300FF]...................................Cycle 3: Burning Fat...................................[/COLOR]

Protein ~ 1.5g per pound of body weight at the beginning of cycle.

[COLOR=FFCC00]YELLOW:[/COLOR] NONE
[COLOR=FF0000 ]RED:[/COLOR] NONE

Carbs ~ .5g per pound of body weight measured at the beginning of cycle.
[COLOR=FF0000 ]RED:[/COLOR] NONE

Fiber ~ 60g

[COLOR=3300FF].......................Cycle 4: Maintenance and Endurance.......................[/COLOR]

Protein ~ 1.25g per pound of body weight measured at the beginning of cycle.
[COLOR=FFCC00]YELLOW:[/COLOR] 4 servings per week.

Carbs ~ 1.5g per pound of body weight measured at the beginning of cycle.

Fiber ~ 50g

[COLOR=red]........................................THE WORKOUT......................................[/COLOR]

BRx has a 4 day split. There are 5 exercises for each day. Connelly suggests mostly machines in the book because they are better for beginners, who may have bad form using free weights. You can do free weights instead.

The 4-day weight training split is as follows:

1. Chest/Biceps
[list=1]1. Basic Machine Chest Press (or Alternate Chest Press)
2. Incline Press (or Alternate Incline Press)
3. Fly Maneuver (or Alternate Fly Maneuver)
4. Dumbell Curl
5. Preacher Curl[/list=1]
2. Back/Triceps[list=1]1. Lat Pull-Down
2. Seated Row
3. Seated Wide-Grip Row
4. Triceps Push-Down
5. Triceps extension[/list=1]
3. Legs/Hamstrings/Calves[list=1]1. Angled Leg Press
2. Leg Extension
3. Lying Leg Curl
4. Standing Calf Raise
5. Donkey Calf Raise[/list=1]
4. Shoulders/Abs[list=1]1. Machine Shoulder Press
2. Seated Lateral Raise
3. Rear Deltoids (Chest Fly machine)
4. Forward Crunch
5. Reverse Crunch[/list=1]
The sets/reps/rests are different for each 6 week cycle:

[COLOR=3300FF]...............................Cycle 1: Getting Stronger...............................[/COLOR]
  • 2 warm-up sets (light weight)
  • 3 working sets
  • 4-6 repetitions each set
  • Move up in weight when you can complete the 6th repetition in the last set
  • 3 minutes of rest between sets
[COLOR=3300FF]...............................Cycle 2: Getting Sculpted...............................[/COLOR]
  • Warm-up sets optional
  • 4-5 working sets (4 for large muscle groups, 5 for small muscle groups)
  • 8-10 repetitions each set
  • Move up in weight when you can complete the 10th repetition in the last set (you may only get to 4 or so repetitions in the final set initially)
  • 1.5 minutes of rest between sets
[COLOR=3300FF]...................................Cycle 3: Burning Fat...................................[/COLOR]
  • Warm-up sets optional
  • 5-6 working sets (4 for large muscle groups, 5 for small muscle groups)
  • 6-12 repetitions each set
  • Move up in weight when you can complete the 12th repetition in the last set (you may only get to 4 or so repetitions in the final set initially)
  • 1 minute of rest between sets
[COLOR=3300FF].......................Cycle 4: Maintenance and Endurance.......................[/COLOR]
...............6 weeks, divided into 2-week blocks, 4 days a week...............

Weeks 1-2
  • Warm-up sets optional
  • 3 working sets
  • 12 repetitions each set
  • Move up in weight when you can complete the 12th repetition in the last set
  • 1 minute of rest between sets
Weeks 3-4
  • Warm-up sets optional
  • 3 working sets
  • 16 repetitions each set
  • Move up in weight when you can complete the 16th repetition in the last set
  • 1.5 minutes of rest between sets
Weeks 5-6
  • Warm-up sets optional
  • 3 working sets
  • 20 repetitions each set
  • Move up in weight when you can complete the 20th repetition in the last set
  • 2 minutes of rest between sets

Last edited by DiamondDeb; 09-01-2003 at 08:03 PM..
DiamondDeb is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-26-2003, 07:29 AM   #2

~ Coconut Oil ~

Body Rx recommends MCT as a supplement for cycle 3. "When given the option, the body will burn MCTs for energy over protein and glucose, which both spares protein (to make more lean mass) and stimulates more fat loss, precisely your goals for Cycle 3." Dr. Connelly suggested I try pure virgin coconut oil as a good-tasting source of MCT. For the biggest bang for your fat-burning buck, Dr. C suggests we save high doses of CO for cycle 3. You may want to use it in lesser amounts the rest of the time, as it has many other benefits and is lower in calories than other fats.

Coconut oil is not an EFA and it does not take the place of flax or fish oil. You should take both. Scott suggested taking pure virgin coconut oil as a good tasting source of MCTs, which he recommends as a supplement for cycle 3. Pure virgin CO also contains high amounts of lauric acid (about 50%), a proven antiviral and antibacterial agent.

On one site, it is stated that 3.5T should be taken per day. This is the amount you need for the benefits of the lauric acid, NOT MCTs. The amount of MCT oil in coconut sources varies according to the method of extraction. According to Scott, we need 30-40g of MCTs and that translates into 60-80g, or 4.5-6T, of pure virgin coconut oil. Most coconut oils found in stores are not the kind you should use and has been refined, so I suggest doing some reading about it before purchasing. If you do not use pure virgin coconut oil, I am not sure what the dosage would be. I assume you would need to take more. Some people have to start with just a little oil and slowly increase to let their bodies get used to to it.

CO can be used in cooking as you would use other oils. I stopped using olive oil and get most of my oil in when I cook my meals. It has a very mild taste and does not make my food taste like coconut. My favorite way to use it is in stir-fry; it's a great way to get in lots of high fiber veggies!

Articles:
http://www.mercola.com/2001/mar/24/coconut_oil.htm
http://www.alternative-healthzine.com/html/0108_2.html
http://www.westonaprice.org/know_yo...oconut_oil.html

There are lots of good reasons to try coconut oil!

From [COLOR=red]The Healing Miracles of Coconut Oil [/COLOR] by Bruce Fife, N.D.

[COLOR=blue]What Coconut Oil Does Not Do:
  • [/COLOR]
  • Does not increase blood cholesterol level
  • Does not promote platelet stickiness or blood clot formation
  • Does not contribute to atherosclerosis or heart disease
  • Does not contribute weight problems
[COLOR=blue]What Coconut Oil Does Do:[/COLOR]
  • Reduces risk of atherosclerosis and heart disease
  • Reduces risk of cancer and other degenerative conditions
  • Helps prevent bacterial, viral, and fungal (including yeast) infections
  • Supports immune system function
  • Improves digestion and nutrient absorption
  • Supplies is important nutrients necessary for good health
  • Supplies fewer calories than other fats
  • Promotes weight loss
  • Helps prevent osteoporosis
  • Has a mild delicate flavor
  • Is highly resistant to spoilage (long shelf life)
  • Is heat resistant (the healthiest oil for cooking)
  • Helps keep skins soft and smooth
  • Helps prevent premature aging and wrinkling of the skin
  • Fat protect against skin cancer and other blemishes
  • Functions as a protective antioxidant
From slim gym:

Go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/coconut-info/ and you will find information on shingles by doing a search of their archives. You have to join the group in order to be able to search, and you can choose the "no email" option if you don't want to get posts from the group. You can learn a bunch!

Last edited by DiamondDeb; 05-06-2003 at 10:35 PM..
Old 04-06-2003, 07:17 AM   #3

Body Rx Supplements:

[COLOR=blue]Cycle 1 ~ Creatine:[/COLOR]

I didn't use it. You'll find a lot of people swear by it. I don't have money to waste on supps I don't need.

I posted some info from Scott on how to load creatine in the archives at BFLW a while back. Since then, he has done more research & changed his opinion on the supplement and does NOTrecommend it. Unless you are naturally low in creatine production (which is unlikely if you're following BRx) adding more by taking creatine supps might just be throwing money away. The body is only gonna use a certain amount. If it already has it, more doesn't make it use more, it just goes unused.

[COLOR=blue]Cycle 2 ~ HMB:[/COLOR]

I tried it. It didn't work. Save your money. I had purchased 2 bottles to see me through Cycle 2 but returned the 2nd one unopened. Just about everyone I know has had the same results with this supp. There has been at least one study done that proves it is of no benefit. Here's a link: http://www.low-carb-friends.com/bbs/...threadid=79811

[COLOR=blue]Cycle 3 ~ Green Tea, MCT, DIM:[/COLOR]

If you can afford it, I would try them all. I drank green tea the first time and took CLA instead of MCT & DIM.

This time around I'm taking green tea extract to be sure I get enough, MCT by way of coconut oil, CLA, and Udo's. I can't afford the DIM right now with everything else or I'd take it too. Scott recommended the CLA & Udo's as fat-burning supps.
Old 04-17-2003, 08:26 PM   #4

Fabulous Fat-burning Fiber

From Slim Gym:

FAQ on Dietary Fiber

Quote:
What is Soluble Fiber?

Soluble fiber in many ways is the opposite of insoluble fiber. It comes from the storage materials of the plant world used to store water. There are many different types, but they are all hydrocolloids and bind from 20-200 times their weight in water. This thickening characteristic not only gives you more bulk but it acts almost like grease in soothing and smoothing passage through the intestinal tract. They can get ver-r-ry thick and interfere with movement, so they tend to slow digestion, increase the feeling of fullness, and improve mineral absorption -- probably because they cause the nutrients to spend more time in the right zone. Some of soluble fiber's health benefits are attributed to this viscosifying effect. Others are attributed to its ability to bind things to itself.

Within the soluble dietary fiber class, there are two main divisions, fermentable and non-fermentable. Fermentable fiber goes on to feed the bacteria that inhabit our colons. Please don't be grossed out--they are extremely important for our health and comfort. It is their corpses that make up the bulk of our fecal matter -- and their by-products that help prevent colon cancer. If your intestinal bacteria are healthy, you are likely to be healthy. For example, the reason people often get diarrhea from antibiotic treatments is that the drugs can wipe out the colony of microflora. And "yeast infections" are caused by an overgrowth of the wrong kind of microorganism.
"Other Fiber powders, including Metamucil, contain psyllium. Psyllium can ferment in your body to produce excess gas. Citrucel's fiber can't ferment, so it won't produce excess gas. "

Psyllium is partially fermented.

Dietary Fiber and Fiber Like Ingredients

Quote:
Soluble Fibers: Fibers that either dissolve or swell in water and are metabolized (fermented) by bacteria in the large intestine. Found in oats, legumes, apples, citrus fruits
Insoluable Fibers: Fibers that mostly do not dissolve in water are not metabolized by bacteria in the large intestine. Found in wheat bran and other whole grain bread and cereals
  • Broccoli 1 cup fresh/88grams fiber = 2.6 carb = 4.6
  • Frozen spinach, 10 ounce package fiber = 8.5 carb =11.4
  • Fresh spinach ~3cups/100grams fiber = 2.7 carb = 3.5
  • Summer squash, 1 medium/196grams fiber = 3.7 carb = 8.5
  • Avocado (Haas, California), 1 fruit w/o skin & seed/173g fiber = 8.5 carb = 12
  • Green beans 1 cup/110g fiber = 3.7 carb = 7.9
  • Zucchini, 1medium/196grams fiber = 2.4 carb =5.7
  • Eggplant 1 peeled/458 grams fiber = 11.5 carb = 28
  • Cabbage 1cup shreeded fiber = 1.6 carb = 3.8
  • Pumpkin, canned 1 cup fiber = 7.1 carb = 20
  • Unsweetened coconut 1 ounce fiber = 4.6 carb = 6.9
  • Flax (1t seeds – 2t ground) fiber = 3.4 carb = 4.1
What about lower glycemic fruits?
  • Apple, raw w/skin 1 medium/138grams fiber = 3.7 carb = 21
  • Blueberries, frozen 1 cup thawed/155 grams fiber = 4.2 carb = 19
  • Cantaloupe 1 cup/156grams fiber = 1.5 carbs = 13

Quote:
Fibersol II

HDT started their research into fiber about a year ago and after some digging found a product named Fibersol II made by a Japanese firm known as MATSUTANI. Fibersol II is a spray-dried powder produced by the pyrolysis and controlled enzymatic hydrolosis of cornstarch. Although this stuff comes from corn and has to be labeled as maltodextrin, it is a 90% soluble fiber which means that it has much fewer calories as a normal maltodextrin has! In fact, HDT's product has 14 grams of total carbohydrates and only 25 calories thanks to the Fibersol II. Fibersol II is tasteless, dissolves instantly in water and helps maintain healthy intestinal regularity. With over ten years of research Fibersol II has been shown to: maintain normal, healthy levels of serum cholesterol and blood triglycerides, help maintain normal, healthy blood glucose levels, and help maintain normal, healthy intestinal regularity.

One serving of FiberPsyll has a whopping 12 grams of dietary fiber... that is roughly 50% of what doctors recommend for a healthy colon! This fiber is split between Fibersol II and an extremely fine ground Psyllium husk seed.
If you are looking for something different, check out Chia seeds.

They are nutritionally dense (sorta like flax seeds, but without the phytoestrogens) and are fully digested by humans, i.e. they do not need to be ground.

FYI, 25g = 2T & 1 tsp, the nutritional information may be found
http://www.eatchia.crosswinds.net/chianutrients.htm

Chia versus Flax comparison
http://www.eatchia.crosswinds.net/flax.htm

General information may be found
http://www.eatchia.crosswinds.net/englishfacts.htm

Info From The Magic of Chia
  • Chia seed is a complete source of dietary protein providing all the essential amino acids. Compared to other seeds and grains, chia seed provides the highest source of protein
  • One of the exceptional qualities, unique to the chia seed, is its ability to absorb more than 12 times its weight in water. This ability to hold water can prolong hydration and retain electrolytes in body fluids, especially during exertion.
  • Chia seeds contain a mucilloid gel which protects the seed against drying in arid climates where the plants grow. When a spoonful of chia seed is mixed in a glass of water and left for 30 minutes, almost a solid gelatin will form. This gel-forming reaction is due to the soluble fiber in the chia seeds.
  • The water absorption, bulking-agent property of chia seed is an important aid to human digestion. Whole, water-soaked chia seeds can be easily digested and absorbed.

This was mentioned in the Main Lobby recently: Keto High Fiber Sugar Free
Quote:
Give your fat burning program a boost with fiber because it slows the absorption of carbohydrates, causing a lower blood sugar response. Each 5 gram serving of KETO High Fiber contains the highest quality formula of 18 natural and necessary fibers plus nutrients that 1) increase the volume and motility of your stools, 2) help transport fat, and 3) clear out mucous and alleviate gas. Our delicious apple-berry flavored drink mix is a pleasurable, zero carb way to optimize the amount of fiber in your diet and support any low carb program! Contains no sugar, no saccharine, no aspartame. Safe for diabetics.
Ingredients : Fiber blend (psyllium husk, apple fiber, prune fiber, citrus pectin, rice bran, beet fiber, carrageenan gum), digestive aids (fennel, slippery elm, aloe, chlorophyll), malic acid, cinnamon, natural flavor and acesulfame potassium. Contains no sodium, fat, or protein.
Old 05-22-2003, 12:42 PM   #5

Green Tea

From Body Rx:

Green tea, popular in Asia, is a less processed form of the black tea commonly drunk in the West. Many of you already know that green tea may protect against different forms of cancer and heart disease. What you may not know is that a chemical found in green tea shows signs of being a powerful fat burner. Scientists suspect that an antioxidant found in green tea, epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG), is the chemical that turns up your body's fat-burning furnaces--not caffeine, as was commonly thought. A study published in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition reported that capsules containing the amount of EGCG in about 2-3 cups of green tea can increase the amount of energy burned over a 24 hour period by about 4%. More important, the study reported that EGCG enhanced fat burning by about 10%. Rather than flood you with green tea, I recommend taking a supplement. It's much easier to do.

Green tea extract is available in capsules. Take 3 250-mg capsules daily. Look for green tea extract standardized to 75% catechins, containing 50% epigallocatechin gallate.

Things to know about green tea:
  • One cup of green tea contains from 100-200mg of EGCG.
  • Green tea should not be steeped in boiling water, but hot water (around 160-200 degrees). Use 1 Teaspoon of loose tea per cup, and a little more than 1 cup of water.
  • Epidemiological studies have examined green tea drinkers; controlled studies have largely been done on the extract of green tea. Both are beneficial.
  • Decaffeinated green tea does not show the same benefits as green tea left in its natural state.
  • Adding milk negates green tea's beneficial properties.
  • Black tea may increase the incidence of certain cancers. Don't drink it.
  • Green tea has been show to be anti-bacterial, able to kill the potentially deadly Staphylococcus aureus and the bacteria that causes acne, Bacterium acne.
  • More than 5 cups a day may increase your odds for pancreatic cancer; 1-4 cups shows only benefits, so 1 or 2 cups a day is probably just right.
Old 11-14-2005, 12:04 PM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mack
Stats: (5/23/08) 51 / 33.8 --> / 0
WOE: Healthy lo-carb,seeds,yogurt
Hi deb...

Could you post the sources for this info ?
don't drink black tea ? as in black pekoe ?
Sources please
Thank you
Mack

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondDeb
From Body Rx:

Green tea, popular in Asia, is a less processed form of the black tea commonly drunk in the West. Many of you already know that green tea may protect against different forms of cancer and heart disease. What you may not know is that a chemical found in green tea shows signs of being a powerful fat burner. Scientists suspect that an antioxidant found in green tea, epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG), is the chemical that turns up your body's fat-burning furnaces--not caffeine, as was commonly thought. A study published in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition reported that capsules containing the amount of EGCG in about 2-3 cups of green tea can increase the amount of energy burned over a 24 hour period by about 4%. More important, the study reported that EGCG enhanced fat burning by about 10%. Rather than flood you with green tea, I recommend taking a supplement. It's much easier to do.

Green tea extract is available in capsules. Take 3 250-mg capsules daily. Look for green tea extract standardized to 75% catechins, containing 50% epigallocatechin gallate.

Things to know about green tea:
  • One cup of green tea contains from 100-200mg of EGCG.
  • Green tea should not be steeped in boiling water, but hot water (around 160-200 degrees). Use 1 Teaspoon of loose tea per cup, and a little more than 1 cup of water.
  • Epidemiological studies have examined green tea drinkers; controlled studies have largely been done on the extract of green tea. Both are beneficial.
  • Decaffeinated green tea does not show the same benefits as green tea left in its natural state.
  • Adding milk negates green tea's beneficial properties.
  • Black tea may increase the incidence of certain cancers. Don't drink it.
  • Green tea has been show to be anti-bacterial, able to kill the potentially deadly Staphylococcus aureus and the bacteria that causes acne, Bacterium acne.
  • More than 5 cups a day may increase your odds for pancreatic cancer; 1-4 cups shows only benefits, so 1 or 2 cups a day is probably just right.
Mack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 10:21 AM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: buttonwillow
WOE: Atkins '72
Start Date: RE-start date Feb. 2, 2008
Deb, I'm new to Rx, just reading the book now...am I mistaken in thinking the nutritional cyles should be started before the weight lifting/exercise cycles?
That seems counter-productive; surely I missed something in my first reading.

I'm not too happy about the huge increase in carbs per day. I'm apprehensive about re-starting my old "addiction" to sweets (which I have now conquered) by eating so many carbs, 'though they be whole grains and other "healthy' kinds. How did this go for you?

Thanks for any help you can give me.
buttonwillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005, 03:28 AM   #8
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: inatic
Stats: 182+/126 5'4 51!yo 16/4 *5* kidlets later!
WOE: Coach:Erik Ledin leanbodies consulting
Start Date: LowER C since 2/02 wt training 10/15/02
Im adding this food list to the sticky. Thought not exactly Body Rx, It is very similar. Just for some to get an idea what ea of the colors mean.

http://www.umassmed.edu/behavmed/upl...afficlight.doc

Willow, when i added in all the carbs, i stayed away from processed foods. If you know that those are going to set you off, go with oats, beans, br rice and swt tators. You dont have to eat bread and sweets. Go for lower glycemic.

You have to trust the program and not be affraid to eat. IF your now your body cannot handle that overload of food/s, then perhaps you should chose another plan. The success of BRx is the nutritional plan. The exercise is just a bonus. In fact, notice on this plan, you dont even do cardio.
inatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 01:00 PM   #9
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: robinhood
Stats: 300-220-160
WOE: whatever works
Start Date: over and over...
Where can I buy this book....
robinhood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 10:44 PM   #10
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: DJLegacy2k5
I notice alot of time now adays when people say "add carbs", many people respond with "I don't want to gain my love of sweets and junk food". Keep in mind that even when you go back to a diet that allows carbs, they do not mean sweets, sugars, and refined breads and pastas. All carbs should be "clean" carbs, whole wheats, oatmeal, and those type. The increase in carbs during weight lifting is to give your muscles the energy they need to complete your workout. Two things to remember, #1 low carb diets don't feed energy to your muscles, that is why they suggest doing a "clean" carb up day on the 6th and 7th day of the week. #2 you can add small amount of LBM (lean body mass) while on a high protein low carb diet, but you can not add any amount of bulk muscle. In order for you body to add muscle you must eat ABOVE your BMR. I feel that this plan is created a bit backwards...Cycle #1 should be reducing your body fat as low as possible, then working into strength and then onto building muscle. This plan isnt exactly broken down the way it should be, but could be used as a plan if tweaked for each person...

If you have any questions on what exactly I mean, feel free to ask.
DJLegacy2k5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 07:26 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJLegacy2k5
I feel that this plan is created a bit backwards...Cycle #1 should be reducing your body fat as low as possible, then working into strength and then onto building muscle. This plan isnt exactly broken down the way it should be, but could be used as a plan if tweaked for each person...

If you have any questions on what exactly I mean, feel free to ask.
You've evidently never done Body Rx. The plan works beautifully, as written. I would caution anyone who wants to tweak this plan; I don't know one anyone who has seen real success by tweaking it. There are specific, scientific reasons Body Rx works and the results of the fat burning cycle are dependent on the first two cycles.

There are many different ways to get good results. This is one.
Old 07-05-2009, 01:09 PM   #12
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Cheese Breath
Does anyone still use the Body Rx plan?

I can't find any new info anywhere on the web.

What's the deal, have people tried the plan and not done well or what?

Anyways, if anyone still reads this, how much fish oil should I take during cycle 3 if I take 3 tablespoons of coconut oil a day?
Cheese Breath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 09:29 AM   #13
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: sdonx
I have just started it.
A friend of mine is also just starting.
he got the advise from someone at his gym who is in outstanding shape.
sdonx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 11:38 AM   #14
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: diamond doll
Body Rx is a scam that's why you don't hear about it anymore. I got kidney damage form it. Try body for life or Atkins or something. I'm recovering from this crappy program now. It should come with a warning sign. I am going to look into Jillian Michaels shred and maybe read Body for Life.
diamond doll is offline   Reply With Quote