Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Memorial to Kevinpa: His Best Recipes (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/memorial-kevinpa-his-best-recipes/)
-   -   Mock Sweetened Condensed Milk (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/memorial-kevinpa-his-best-recipes/712313-mock-sweetened-condensed-milk.html)

Kevinpa 11-27-2007 08:53 AM

Mock Sweetened Condensed Milk

The other day I was trying a recipe and needed a can of sweetened condensed milk and tried the following:

2 cans 7.6 oz Nestle Media Crema
1/4 cup powdered whole eggs
1 splenda quick pack

Whisk to combine.

It worked perfect.
I plan on using this from now on. Very easy to prepare and seems to be a perfect sub taste and texture.

No need to heat the mixture since the powdered eggs are pasteurized.

mac24312 11-27-2007 09:33 AM

Thanks Kevin for that nice update for the recipe!! :notwrthy: I get my powdered Egg Whites at our Local Kroger store. That is the only place I can find them around here.

Thanks and keep coming up with Great recipes Kevin!! Waiting for more easy ones that dont take alot of Expensive ingredients!!
HUGS
Christina

Kevinpa 11-27-2007 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mac24312 (Post 9551998)
Thanks Kevin for that nice update for the recipe!! :notwrthy: I get my powdered Egg Whites at our Local Kroger store. That is the only place I can find them around here.

Thanks and keep coming up with Great recipes Kevin!! Waiting for more easy ones that dont take alot of Expensive ingredients!!
HUGS
Christina

Christina, these are powdered whole eggs....not egg whites.

mac24312 11-27-2007 09:44 AM

Woops..lol..is there anyway of subbing real eggs then?
Thanks and HUGS
Christina

mac24312 11-27-2007 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevinpa (Post 9551914)
I bought mine online Sherrie at the same place where I bought my PB powder and freeze dried fruit. They were in a 2.25 lb can and will last 5 to 10 years unopened and 2 years once opened. I have never looked for them locally but I'm sure a large chain might carry a smaller package in the baking section near the powdered egg whites.

K..Kevin I will look. I have a amish store that sells stuff like that too not far away and just maybe they have them :aprayer: Do you have the web site where I can get these if I cant find them?
Thanks again!!:kicking:
Christina

Kevinpa 11-27-2007 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mac24312 (Post 9552051)
Woops..lol..is there anyway of subbing real eggs then?
Thanks and HUGS
Christina

Sure, you could use real eggs if you were planning on cooking or baking what you using it in. The recipe I was experimenting with was a nobake so if I had used real eggs I would have had to heat the sweetened milk enough to kill the beasties in the eggs first.

mac24312 11-27-2007 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevinpa (Post 9552083)
Sure, you could use real eggs if you were planning on cooking or baking what you using it in. The recipe I was experimenting with was a nobake so if I had used real eggs I would have had to heat the sweetened milk enough to kill the beasties in the eggs first.

Thanks!! That will work then for my magic cookie bars!! Your my hero!! :notwrthy:
Thanks
Christina