Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Recipes and Menus > Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions > Memorial to Kevinpa: His Best Recipes
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2008, 12:20 PM   #61
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: crazywoman-n-wy
Stats: 132/116/100
WOE: My way - low carb
Start Date: Aug 2003
Henry,
I'm not at all afraid of the raw egg use. But I do want to thank you for posting the "how to" on pasteurizing eggs! I hope you don't mind if I sometimes add it to posts about raw eggs, both here and on other sites.

Boy that is a LOT of chocolate in that pie, but it sure sounds good. I love(d) Almond Joy.
crazywoman-n-wy is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-18-2008, 09:39 AM   #62
Video Vixen

Gallery: vhodgkin
Stats: 190/160/140
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: June 21, 2004
My Sam's doesn't carry these but I did find them at Rite-Aid last week for $4 for a 11oz container. I think they are great. They satisfy that afternoon "need something sweet and crunchy" craving. The best part is I don't find myself eating a whole jar, just a serving is enough for me.
vhodgkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 03:11 PM   #63
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Pork Chop
Stats: Reached goal January 2002
WOE: Low carb maintenance
Start Date: July 2001
I finally drove to the nearest Sam's (70 miles away) and picked up two large containers. They are excellent and portion control isn't going to be a problem. I can actually eat just a few and walk away from the jar.
Pork Chop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 07:41 PM   #64
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Tweaker Geek
Henry - I made the pie and it's really good. Your recipe makes a lot of filling, I think my pie is 4 inches high!

The only thing I wasn't happy with was the texture of filling with the granular Erythritol. I can still feel the granules in my mouth so I think I'd use the powdered E next time and I think I would cut back on the butter. These are just my observations but I gave a taste test to a couple people and they thought it was wonderful and didn't taste/feel the granular sugar. They don't think I should change a thing, so maybe it's just me! Thanks for the recipe and answering all my questions.

Oh, and I made my crust with Kevin's Carbalose bake mix, shortening and cold water. The crust is great.

I have been telling myself often that nothing tastes as good as getting to my goal will feel!
Tweaker Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 07:30 AM   #65
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: hdyhouse
Stats: 335/211/195
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: September 2003
Tweaker, I also noticed an occasional slight granular texture and thought about using powdered erythritol next time. Others who tried it though also did not notice it and thought I should not change anything. Did you make a 10" pie? My filling came just above the top of the crust. I did not measure it, but it was not 4" high. It was more like 2" to maybe 2 & 1/2".
hdyhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 06:20 PM   #66
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Tweaker Geek
Henry - sorry I've been so long answering - busy week!

Yes, it is a 10" pie. I measured it after reading your post and I guess I exggerated a bit , but it is 2 1/2 - 3" high. I mixed it a lot and that probably contributed to the "fluffy" consistency of the mousse, it is light as air! I'm glad you agree about the erythritol, I'll try the powdered next time. I will be making this again!
Tweaker Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 10:51 PM   #67
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sungoddess
WOE: Perfect Health Diet/JUDDD
Start Date: LC;HCG; 1/19/12/JUDDD; 1/13/13 PHD/JUDDD
I finally got these and was so pleasantly surprised at how delicious they are! And best of all, they don't trigger me to eat more than a portion . Definitely worth the cost to me!
sungoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 04:27 PM   #68
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: TaDa!
Stats: 236.5 /132.5/ 128-133 @5'3"
WOE: Atkins Maintenance (Vegetarian + Fish)
Start Date: 6/03 & Goal! 5/06
I just tried the Emerald Cocoa Nuts 100 calorie packs and OMG! I had to run over to LCF to see whether there was an lc version I could make cheaply ... and there was Linda Sue as usual!

I can't wait to try to make these! but thought I'd bump this thread for others ... took me quite a bit of searching before I found it! I was almost ready to post a query on the recipe board, lol!
TaDa! is offline   Reply With Quote