Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Memorial to Kevinpa: His Best Recipes (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/memorial-kevinpa-his-best-recipes/)
-   -   Crunchy Sunflower Bran Drop Cookies (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/memorial-kevinpa-his-best-recipes/515583-crunchy-sunflower-bran-drop-cookies.html)

Kevinpa 09-11-2007 01:22 PM

Crunchy Sunflower Bran Drop Cookies

2 Attachment(s)
It was raining here today and seemed like a good day to make a new crunchy cookie. I really like these cookies alot!
An after thought was they would even be better with a few chocolate chips in them.

Makes 2 dozen cookies at 1 carb each.

Crunchy Sunflower Bran Drop Cookies

1 cup lc cake and cookie flour mix
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 cup granular erythritol
1 T. not/Sugar
1 tsp. splenda quick pack
1/2 cup butter, chilled
2 tsp. vanilla
1 large egg
1/2 cup GG scandinavian bran crispbread (approx 4 to 5 slices broken into small pieces)
1/2 cup sunflower seeds

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

In a small bowl combine erythritol, not/Sugar, splenda and mix well.
Then in an electric mixer cream sweetener mix, butter, egg, and vanilla.
Add flour, soda, and salt and mix until a soft batter forms.
Stir in crispbread and sunflower seeds to combine.

On a parchment lined cookie sheet drop rounded teaspoons of batter and bake 13 to 15 min. or until golden brown.

Cool on rack and enjoy.

Nigel 09-11-2007 01:59 PM

Those look really good. Thank you for the recipe...now I've got to find some of that crispbread. :clap:

That Girl 09-11-2007 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nigel (Post 9190867)
Those look really good. Thank you for the recipe...now I've got to find some of that crispbread. :clap:

meijer sells them and of course, netrition. those look good!

Kevinpa 09-11-2007 11:21 PM

These are every bit as good as the tvp oatmeal cookies.

That Girl 09-12-2007 08:22 PM

i love the tvp oatmeal cookies. i have made them almond flavored, orange, maple and of course, the original... really good!

retroworx 09-14-2007 05:42 AM

Kevin:

Thanks for these -- crisp is my thing!

Are the crispbread pieces actually holding their crisp after becoming part of the batter, or just adding texture/bulk?

Thanks!

Susan

Kevinpa 09-14-2007 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by retroworx (Post 9205414)
Kevin:

Thanks for these -- crisp is my thing!

Are the crispbread pieces actually holding their crisp after becoming part of the batter, or just adding texture/bulk?

Thanks!

Susan

a little of both susan. I was really pleased with the way these turned out and plan on trying them in other recipes.

retroworx 09-14-2007 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevinpa (Post 9206905)
a little of both susan. I was really pleased with the way these turned out and plan on trying them in other recipes.

Huh! Who would have thought. . . .

Except you, you genius, you ;)

Sincere thanks again for all you do,

Susan

SNUGGS11 09-16-2007 12:47 PM

these are yummy!. I forgot to get the seeds so I put small sf chocolate chips in. boy they turned out yummy. some of it was a little chewy (the bigger pieces of bran) but I liked that-almost like you added dry fruit or something.

thanks kevin