Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Memorial to Kevinpa: His Best Recipes (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/memorial-kevinpa-his-best-recipes/)
-   -   Berry Good CheeseCake (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/memorial-kevinpa-his-best-recipes/515128-berry-good-cheesecake.html)

Kevinpa 09-09-2007 05:38 AM

Berry Good CheeseCake

4 Attachment(s)
I was in the mood for a cheesecake last night so I put this together with some ingredients I had on hand.

Berry Good CheeseCake (58 carbs)

Crust (7 carbs)

1 cup cookie crumbs (approx 7 cookies)
3 Tbs. melted butter

Combine crumbs and butter and pat onto the bottom of a 9 inch pie plate or spring-form pan.
Bake in a 325 preheated oven for 10 to 12 minutes then set aside to let cool completely.

Filling (14 carbs)

16 oz. cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup monin blackberry syrup
2 large eggs
1/8 tsp. splenda quick pack
1 Tbs. LC cake and cookie flour mix

Combine all ingredients in an electric mixer then spoon into the cooled crust.
Bake in a preheated 325 oven for 40 minutes or until set with a pan of water on the rack below.
Let cool and then refrigerate for at least 3 hours.

Sour cream layer (8 carbs)

8 oz sour cream
1/8 tsp. splenda quick pack

Combine in a small mixing bowl and cover the top of the chilled cheesecake with the mixture.
Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.

Berry Coulis (17 carbs)

1 cup fresh blueberries
1/2 cup monin blackberry syrup
1/4 tsp. splenda quick pack
1 Tbs. granular erythritol
1 Tbs. not/Sugar

Simmer ingredients over low heat stirring often until reduced by 1/2 and thickened.
Cool completely.

approx 4 cups whipped cream (12 carbs)

Fold together the coulis and whipped cream until combined.
Then top the sour cream layer with the mixture.

Refrigerate until ready to eat.

Tweaker Geek 09-09-2007 02:13 PM

That's an interesting combination with blueberries and blackberry syrup. Not to criticize Kevin, but the cheesecake doesn't look very creamy. How was the taste/flavor?

Kevinpa 09-09-2007 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tweaker Geek (Post 9180417)
That's an interesting combination with blueberries and blackberry syrup. Not to criticize Kevin, but the cheesecake doesn't look very creamy. How was the taste/flavor?

Mixed berries has always been one of my favorite flavors. I often mix different berries together when making things.:laugh: I thought everybody did that. As far as creamy goes, I'm not sure you get much creamier than this. It has the same texture as any NY style cheesecake I have ever had.

Tweaker Geek 09-09-2007 02:36 PM

Thanks Kevin - must just be the way it looks in the pic to me. If you say it's creamy I know it's creamy!

suzy345 09-10-2007 08:56 AM

Berry Good Cheesecake

Kevin, I have several packs of mixed berries in the freezer, I think I will try them with the blackberry syrup. Too much blackberry?
Suzy

Kevinpa 09-10-2007 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzy345 (Post 9183674)
Too much blackberry?
Suzy

I wouldn't think so Suzy if you like berries. :laugh: I had to give half of mine away to save myself from me.:o Cheesecake is a weakness of mine.

Binsk 09-10-2007 06:55 PM

That recipe sounds wonderful. I just ordered the Monin's Blackberry. The LowCarbGrocery special ordered it for me from Netrition in the States along with WPI 5000 and Resistant Wheat Starch. Now I can make some of those great looking recipes.