Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Memorial to Kevinpa: His Best Recipes (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/memorial-kevinpa-his-best-recipes/)
-   -   Cran-Raspberry Pinwheels (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/memorial-kevinpa-his-best-recipes/470613-cran-raspberry-pinwheels.html)

Kevinpa 01-17-2007 07:48 PM

Cran-Raspberry Pinwheels

Cran-Raspberry Pinwheels (2 1/2 dozen @ 1 carb each)

1/2 cup cranberries
1/2 cup freeze dried raspberries
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup granular erythritol
1/4 t. splenda quick pack
1 T. not/Sugar

Combine erythritol, splenda, and not/Sugar and disolve in water in nonstick sauce pan without heat.
Add berries and simmer over med low heat until cranberries pop and entire mixture is a stiff puree.
Refridgerate to cool.

1/4 cup butter (softened)
1/8 cup granular erythritol
1/8 cup DiabetiSweet brown sugar
1 T. not/sugar
1/4 t. splenda quick pack
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 large egg
3/4 cup carbquik
1/8 cup wheat protein isolate 5000
1/8 cup resistant wheat starch
1/2 teasspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt

I an electric mixing bowl mix together butter, erythritol, DiabetiSweet, not/sugar, splenda quick pack, vanilla, and egg until creamy.
Add combined dry ingredients and mix until well incorporated and dough is smooth.

On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to a 6 X 10 rectangle.
Spread on berry puree to within 1/2 inch of edge and roll dough jellyroll style along the long edge.

Cover with plastic wrap and refridgerate overnight.

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

Cut roll into 1/2 inch slices and place on a parchment covered cookie sheet approx 2 inches apart.
Bake 9 to 13 mins or until edges are light golden brown.

Cool completely.

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m...npa1/crp36.jpg

hmay60 01-17-2007 07:50 PM

Yum, those look good.

Yummy's_Girl 01-17-2007 08:47 PM

Wow! Pretty! And Yummy looking!

gotogirl 01-18-2007 05:56 AM

I'm all out of the fresh cranberries, which I bought and froze for recipes like this. Now my store says they are out of them too. Anyone else having this problem?
BTW, your recipe looks great!

Kevinpa 01-18-2007 07:14 AM

Two years ago around this time in Janurary I was wanting some fresh cranberries so I asked the produce guy at Walmart what gave. He told me that they are a strick seasonal thing that you can only get from right before Thanksgiving thru Christmas. After that when they are gone they are gone until the next year. One good thing is they are quite inexpensive and they freeze well as is in the bag they come in. Every year now I but 5 or 6 extra bags in November to throw in the freezer for the rest of the year.

HTH

BTW frozen cranberries work just as well as fresh.

jackieba 01-18-2007 08:30 AM

I ran into the same prob last year--all the stores here told me they get them in for Thanksgiving only and when they are sold they don't get any more till next year. They don't even sell frozen ones here. So this year I bought several extra bags and froze them myself.

Those look wonderful Kevin. If I made all the wonderful goodies you do, we'd be gaining weight big time. You must have alot of self control.

babydollsea 01-18-2007 08:44 AM

Thanks Kevin...

I will have to try these this weekend. I wonder if ground pecans or walnuts would be a good filling? Once again, please publish that cookbook - I have more than a dozen people I can buy it for!

Marla
Plum, PA (Steeler country)

Kevinpa 01-18-2007 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jackieba (Post 8020229)
Those look wonderful Kevin. If I made all the wonderful goodies you do, we'd be gaining weight big time. You must have alot of self control.

Thank you Jackie. Likewise if I ate all I made I would also be gaining weight. I have no problem getting most of it out of the house before it does any major damage though. And if I do over indulge that just means an extra couple of miles on the my treadmill and recliner bike that day. I have a complete gym at home and put it to good use daily.

rosethorns 03-05-2011 03:50 PM

Wow amazing Kevin.