Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Recipes and Menus > Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions > Memorial to Kevinpa: His Best Recipes
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2007, 05:51 PM   #361
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Teresa123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 8,165
Gallery: Teresa123
Stats: 350+/size 12/size 6
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: Oct 2006
Wow, you never cease to amaze me (and my taste buds)! One more thing to add to my "must try" list! Thanks Kevin!
Teresa123 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-31-2007, 06:03 PM   #362
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Tweaker Geek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: USA
Posts: 3,073
Gallery: Tweaker Geek
My oh my, does that ever look good! Way to go, Kevin!

Just an update on the rolls I made from this same dough recipe a few days ago. I had one tonight and it was wonderful - light and no funky taste. The first one I ate shortly after I made them was good but it did taste a little off. I didn't let the dough part for the rolls proof either but I did the pizza crust (which was great!) so from here on all dough from this recipe will be proofed, it makes such a difference.
__________________
HAPPY TO BE A LOW-CARBER!

I have been telling myself often that nothing tastes as good as getting to my goal will feel!
Tweaker Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 08:13 PM   #363
Major LCF Poster!
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,514
Gallery: That Girl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweaker Geek View Post
My oh my, does that ever look good! Way to go, Kevin!

Just an update on the rolls I made from this same dough recipe a few days ago. I had one tonight and it was wonderful - light and no funky taste. The first one I ate shortly after I made them was good but it did taste a little off. I didn't let the dough part for the rolls proof either but I did the pizza crust (which was great!) so from here on all dough from this recipe will be proofed, it makes such a difference.
hi tweaker, when you say proofed, do you mean you let it stay in the fridge for a couple of hours, or do you mean the usual raising of the dough?
That Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 08:15 PM   #364
Major LCF Poster!
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,514
Gallery: That Girl
kevin, is the dough from post 337 and also did you use pizza sauce as a base and then started building the meat/cheese? what's the red sauce under the meat,etc? thanks.. where did you learn how to cook/bake? your end results look so professional. beautiful calzone!

Last edited by That Girl; 01-31-2007 at 08:17 PM..
That Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 08:18 PM   #365
Guest
 
Kevinpa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 5,578
Gallery: Kevinpa
Stats: 230/160/165
WOE: Low Carb Maintenance
Start Date: May 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by That Girl View Post
hi tweaker, when you say proofed, do you mean you let it stay in the fridge for a couple of hours, or do you mean the usual raising of the dough?
Bella I believe she is talking about letting the dough slow rise over several hours in the fridge.
Kevinpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 08:45 PM   #366
Major LCF Poster!
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,514
Gallery: That Girl
ok, thanks for the info.
That Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 09:48 PM   #367
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
nurseypoo5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Keller, TX
Posts: 4,950
Gallery: nurseypoo5
Stats: 270/ RS 255/237.5/155
WOE: Low carb, stay in ketosis, under 30ish
Start Date: Restart 2/20/13
WOW THAT IS INCREDIBLE!

stromboli...........yummmmo!

ok question..i'm about to make some dough. If i make pizza or stromboli, do i let the dough rise before spreading it out? I have only read in the second pizza that you let that one rise for 45 min but none of the others.

Does anyone know how i would freeze the pizza dough? should i cook the whole pizza first (or part way) or just freeze the pizza crust after i bake it a bit? I cant make 2 pizzas at once, im the only one low carbing and my family wont eat my things lol.

thanks!
__________________

One saggy boob said to the other saggy boob:
"If we don't get some support soon, people will think we're nuts."


Dear Lord, if you cant make me skinny, please make all my friends fat. Amen.

Last edited by nurseypoo5; 01-31-2007 at 10:04 PM..
nurseypoo5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 11:17 PM   #368
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
nurseypoo5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Keller, TX
Posts: 4,950
Gallery: nurseypoo5
Stats: 270/ RS 255/237.5/155
WOE: Low carb, stay in ketosis, under 30ish
Start Date: Restart 2/20/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevinpa View Post
Bella I believe she is talking about letting the dough slow rise over several hours in the fridge.

oops...is 16 hours to long to be in the fridge...i might have messed it up..


im making these for tomorrow night.

I'm not sure i made them rollable either..i missed that part. I made my dough till the dough ran up the blades and were not on the sides of the bowl anymore.....

if its not rollable will i mess it up adding wpi after i take it out tommorrow?
nurseypoo5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 02:57 AM   #369
Guest
 
Kevinpa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 5,578
Gallery: Kevinpa
Stats: 230/160/165
WOE: Low Carb Maintenance
Start Date: May 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by nurseypoo5 View Post
ok question..i'm about to make some dough. If i make pizza or stromboli, do i let the dough rise before spreading it out? I have only read in the second pizza that you let that one rise for 45 min but none of the others.

Does anyone know how i would freeze the pizza dough? should i cook the whole pizza first (or part way) or just freeze the pizza crust after i bake it a bit? I cant make 2 pizzas at once, im the only one low carbing and my family wont eat my things lol.

thanks!
The first thing I need to say here nursey is that this entire thread has been a experiment in progress. Some of what I am doing here is making choices and reporting the results of those choices. The first pizza that I made I mixed the dough, took half and made a pie with it as it was. At the time, I did not want to make 2 pizzas so I put the remaining dough in the fridge to try and ****** the rising process until I was ready to use it because I did not want a bread dough for a pizza. Somewhat to my suprise, when I went back 5 hours later to get the dough to make the second pizza it had continued its rising just at a much slower rate. I then let it rise 45 minutes just to see how much more rise was left in the dough. As with the stromboli dough, it did rise some...but only by about 1/4. Is that rise neccessary? I am not sure, but that is the choice I made so that is what I am reporting the results on.

As far freezing and baking crust ahead I am not even close to trying that yet so I am a bit clueless until I have way more lc pizza experience under my belt.
Kevinpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 03:08 AM   #370
Guest
 
Kevinpa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 5,578
Gallery: Kevinpa
Stats: 230/160/165
WOE: Low Carb Maintenance
Start Date: May 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by nurseypoo5 View Post
oops...is 16 hours to long to be in the fridge...i might have messed it up..


im making these for tomorrow night.

I'm not sure i made them rollable either..i missed that part. I made my dough till the dough ran up the blades and were not on the sides of the bowl anymore.....

if its not rollable will i mess it up adding wpi after i take it out tommorrow?
The longest I have let a dough rise is 8 hours nursey so I don't know if 16 hours is too long or not.

When I say rollable dough I mean not wet and not sticky. You should be able to spread out the dough on a lightly floured surface without it adhearing like glue. This is a judgement call but I have noticed that once the dough starts riding up the hook it is getting to this stage.
Kevinpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 04:24 AM   #371
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 110
Gallery: Zuleikaa
Quote:
Originally Posted by nurseypoo5 View Post
oops...is 16 hours to long to be in the fridge...i might have messed it up..


im making these for tomorrow night.?
16 hours isn't too long. I had excellent results at 20-21 hours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurseypoo5 View Post
I'm not sure i made them rollable either..i missed that part. I made my dough till the dough ran up the blades and were not on the sides of the bowl anymore.....

if its not rollable will i mess it up adding wpi after i take it out tommorrow?
It should be rollable but I don't think you'll mess it up by adding wpi if you need to.
Zuleikaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 07:18 AM   #372
MAJOR LCF POSTER!
 
jackieba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 1,359
Gallery: jackieba
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: October 2005
I only did half a recipe and made one pizza.
Mine was in the fridge for 20 hours too. It did double in the fridge but didn't rise much more after removing. I will say, in my experience, dough is easier to roll when it's not real cold so I'd let it sit out just to take the chill off even if it didn't rise anymore at all. I used all the WPI 5000 and it was easy to roll and did not stick (I lightly dusted surgace with WPI 5000 first). I don't think adding more as needed to roll it would hurt anything (I did that with high carb flour if something wa too sticky).

Kevin,
those stromboli look wonderful. That's what DH wants me to do. I can just picture me trying to roll that up and all those wonderful toppings falling everywhere. Mine won't look nearly that pretty but I'll prob try one of these days.
jackieba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 07:32 AM   #373
MAJOR LCF POSTER!
 
jackieba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 1,359
Gallery: jackieba
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: October 2005
For those that have made both Carbalose loaves (#1 and #4), does the second one rise as much as the first one did or is it denser. I'm asking because I use a larger loaf pan for the first recipe (which I make every week; DH loves a slice right out of the oven with lots of butter). It rose alot more than the Carbquik version did (for me anyway).
jackieba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 07:45 AM   #374
Guest
 
Kevinpa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 5,578
Gallery: Kevinpa
Stats: 230/160/165
WOE: Low Carb Maintenance
Start Date: May 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackieba View Post
For those that have made both Carbalose loaves (#1 and #4), does the second one rise as much as the first one did or is it denser.
Jackie, they are both very good risers although #1 is about 1/8 higher than #4. IMO though, the flavor and texture gains are well worth that 1/8. Not to mention a better crust.
Kevinpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 07:44 PM   #375
Major LCF Poster!
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,514
Gallery: That Girl
just curious, has anybody tried to fry pieces of the raw dough and sprinkled powdered eryth on it, or splenda and cinnamon? my mom used to do that for us when we were little when she had some leftover after making pizza bread for us..
That Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 06:16 AM   #376
MAJOR LCF POSTER!
 
Lehgrad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Boston
Posts: 2,028
Gallery: Lehgrad
Stats: 170/139/135, 5'5"
WOE: IR Diet
Start Date: June '04
Well, I'm posting my experience with 'white bread #4 carbalose', so we can all learn from each other's mistakes =D

I followed Zuleikaa's food processor method. My food processor was going nuts like it was possessed when I added all of the wet ingredients. It started smoking and smelled like an electrical fire!!! I am hopeless! It sent my poor foster cat into hiding under my bed!
I was cleaning it out and finding dough in some weird places so my first thought was that the blade wasn't on tight enough!! So make sure of that!
I just bought it, so I am fairly new to the food processor. So, anyways, I digress...

That aside, the bread didn't rise as much as it was supposed to - maybe only to about double the size, but I was thinking it would be a total failure, so I was happy. Also, I lost a lot of dough to the food processor, so it wasn't a full recipe. But it was really, really good!! It was definitely better than the carbalose bread #1 which was only semi-edible and I wouldn't make again. This one, though, I am definitely going to make again!!

I am slowly getting better at this - thanks Kevin!

That Girl - what a great idea (responding to previous post)! I should've done that with the dough I found crammed in my food processor.
__________________
27 y/o
1000 mg glucophage XR
Lehgrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 06:55 AM   #377
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 110
Gallery: Zuleikaa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lehgrad View Post
Well, I'm posting my experience with 'white bread #4 carbalose', so we can all learn from each other's mistakes =D

I followed Zuleikaa's food processor method. My food processor was going nuts like it was possessed when I added all of the wet ingredients. It started smoking and smelled like an electrical fire!!! I am hopeless! It sent my poor foster cat into hiding under my bed!
I was cleaning it out and finding dough in some weird places so my first thought was that the blade wasn't on tight enough!! So make sure of that!
I just bought it, so I am fairly new to the food processor. So, anyways, I digress...

That aside, the bread didn't rise as much as it was supposed to - maybe only to about double the size, but I was thinking it would be a total failure, so I was happy. Also, I lost a lot of dough to the food processor, so it wasn't a full recipe. But it was really, really good!! It was definitely better than the carbalose bread #1 which was only semi-edible and I wouldn't make again. This one, though, I am definitely going to make again!!

I am slowly getting better at this - thanks Kevin!

That Girl - what a great idea (responding to previous post)! I should've done that with the dough I found crammed in my food processor.
What kind of food processor was it? Did you use the metal blade? It sounds like the motor was laboring and wasn't strong enough. And you might be right that the blade wasn't set.
Zuleikaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 07:06 AM   #378
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Soobee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 4,284
Gallery: Soobee
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: September 2000
My food processer works like crazy when it is processing bread made with WPI. I find that I have to use the metal blade. Also, if the motor stalls, I break the dough in 2 pieces and process each separately. This lessens the load on the motor. Sometimes the dough gets wrapped around the blade and just loosening it will work.
Soobee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 07:26 AM   #379
MAJOR LCF POSTER!
 
LoveMyGSDs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: MD
Posts: 2,204
Gallery: LoveMyGSDs
Stats: original:240/150/150 (24/6/8) current: 194/178/150
WOE: Atkins (1999 version-total carbs)
Start Date: original: 9/12/2001 current: 1/2/2007
Kevin,

I noticed the only difference in the doughs you used for the pizza and the stromboli was that the pizza had carbquik and the stromboli had carbalose.

What is the reason for this difference?


To everyone,

Has anyone tried to freeze the pizza dough yet, either in its original state or after pre-baking it?

I want to make a pizza for the Super Bowl, but it's just me and DH eating it and one will be plenty. Since I just started OWL, this is a treat and I won't be making the second one for at least 2 or 3 weeks.
__________________
Stacie
Original: 240/150/150
Current: 194/178/150

Size 14 Size 12 Size 10 Size 8 Size 6 ?Size 4?

Proud member of the "Stall Breakers and Goal Makers" challenge!


Charter Member of The NoMoYoYo Challenge
LoveMyGSDs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 07:33 AM   #380
Guest
 
Kevinpa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 5,578
Gallery: Kevinpa
Stats: 230/160/165
WOE: Low Carb Maintenance
Start Date: May 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAGlaze View Post
Kevin,

I noticed the only difference in the doughs you used for the pizza and the stromboli was that the pizza had carbquik and the stromboli had carbalose.

What is the reason for this difference?
My dough of choice after experimenting with them all is #4 carbalose.

I plan on using it in any pizza type application from here on out because the texture and taste IMO is better.

The proccess is still the same though.
Kevinpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 07:43 AM   #381
MAJOR LCF POSTER!
 
LoveMyGSDs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: MD
Posts: 2,204
Gallery: LoveMyGSDs
Stats: original:240/150/150 (24/6/8) current: 194/178/150
WOE: Atkins (1999 version-total carbs)
Start Date: original: 9/12/2001 current: 1/2/2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevinpa View Post
My dough of choice after experimenting with them all is #4 carbalose.

I plan on using it in any pizza type application from here on out because the texture and taste IMO is better.

The proccess is still the same though.
Great! Thanks Kevin! I just got my Netrition order yesterday, so I have carbalose now. (I only had carbquick before.)
LoveMyGSDs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 07:54 AM   #382
MAJOR LCF POSTER!
 
Lehgrad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Boston
Posts: 2,028
Gallery: Lehgrad
Stats: 170/139/135, 5'5"
WOE: IR Diet
Start Date: June '04
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuleikaa View Post
What kind of food processor was it? Did you use the metal blade? It sounds like the motor was laboring and wasn't strong enough. And you might be right that the blade wasn't set.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soobee View Post
My food processer works like crazy when it is processing bread made with WPI. I find that I have to use the metal blade. Also, if the motor stalls, I break the dough in 2 pieces and process each separately. This lessens the load on the motor. Sometimes the dough gets wrapped around the blade and just loosening it will work.
It is a Hamilton Beach Food Processor - brand new - and it is a metal blade. There was definitely stress on the motor. I made the carbalose bread in it before and it worked fine... it did bounce and shake, but no smoking or really bizarre noises. I think this was different b/c the dough was a little tougher and it did seem that the blade wasn't set right.
Is it abnormal to have dough actually get underneath the entire plastic cup part? When I lifted it up to clean it, there was dough actually underneath. It seemed as though the blade just wasn't set on there tight enough, and the dough got caught in the space and made it really freak out!!

A lot of dough did get wrapped around the blade - I'll try loosening it the next time, or breaking it up into two parts.

Btw, how much time do you guys usually have the wet dough in the processor for? Both breads that I made didn't rise too terribly much. I used the rapid rise yeast and 1 Tb of sugar - I added it in with the dry ingredients.

I love this food processor method, Zuleikaa. I don't own a fancy mix master!
Lehgrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 08:11 AM   #383
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
nurseypoo5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Keller, TX
Posts: 4,950
Gallery: nurseypoo5
Stats: 270/ RS 255/237.5/155
WOE: Low carb, stay in ketosis, under 30ish
Start Date: Restart 2/20/13
UGH! i got called into work last night (was supposed to make the pizza with my son last night..after being in the fridge 16 hours) well...now it will be 40 hours...


i guess i'll go ahead and make one now...eat lunch, go to bed, and hope it turns out alright lol.

your right kevin, work in progress....heres a big "oops " experiment.
nurseypoo5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 08:14 AM   #384
Guest
 
Kevinpa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 5,578
Gallery: Kevinpa
Stats: 230/160/165
WOE: Low Carb Maintenance
Start Date: May 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lehgrad View Post
Is it abnormal to have dough actually get underneath the entire plastic cup part? When I lifted it up to clean it, there was dough actually underneath.
The one time I did it in the Food Processor that is exactly what happen to me so I went back to using my Kitchen Aid mixer.
Kevinpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 08:42 AM   #385
MAJOR LCF POSTER!
 
LoveMyGSDs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: MD
Posts: 2,204
Gallery: LoveMyGSDs
Stats: original:240/150/150 (24/6/8) current: 194/178/150
WOE: Atkins (1999 version-total carbs)
Start Date: original: 9/12/2001 current: 1/2/2007
sorry, more questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevinpa View Post
* 1/2 cup warm CC milk
* 1/8 Tsp. splenda quick pack

Hi Kevin,

To sub for the CC milk, would it be better to use all heavy cream or 1/2 heavy cream and 1/2 water?

Also, I don't have a splenda quick pack, so I wanted to make sure I'm doing the conversion right for the granular.

1 tsp of quick pack=1 cup of sugar
So, 1/8 tsp of quick pack=1/8 cup (or 2 Tbls) sugar

Since granular splenda is roughly equivalant to sugar, I'd use 2 Tbls of granular splenda for the recipe?
LoveMyGSDs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 08:43 AM   #386
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 110
Gallery: Zuleikaa
You have to have the food processor running before you add the liquid. And you have to add the liquid gradually in a thin stream through the pouring chute.

Adding the liquid gradually is key to judging when the dough has absorbed enough liquid. Sometimes, but not often, you don't need all the liquid. Usually the dough takes all the liquid in the recipe, it just sops the liquid up.

Once all the water is absorbed you only continue processing the dough for an additional 30 seconds.

If you have a smaller capacity food processor, you do have to divide the dough because of stress on the motor and lack of room for all the ingredients. If the bowl is too small, the ingredients don't have room to mix and blend and the mass of the dough will actually lift the blade up and dough can get under the blade housing.

I have a 14 cup processor.

Last edited by Zuleikaa; 02-02-2007 at 08:51 AM..
Zuleikaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 08:52 AM   #387
Guest
 
Kevinpa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 5,578
Gallery: Kevinpa
Stats: 230/160/165
WOE: Low Carb Maintenance
Start Date: May 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAGlaze View Post
Hi Kevin,

To sub for the CC milk, would it be better to use all heavy cream or 1/2 heavy cream and 1/2 water?

Also, I don't have a splenda quick pack, so I wanted to make sure I'm doing the conversion right for the granular.

1 tsp of quick pack=1 cup of sugar
So, 1/8 tsp of quick pack=1/8 cup (or 2 Tbls) sugar

Since granular splenda is roughly equivalant to sugar, I'd use 2 Tbls of granular splenda for the recipe?
Either or of those milk subs are fine. the time I didnt have cc milk I used all heavy cream.

And yes 2 T granular splenda is correct.
Kevinpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 08:53 AM   #388
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 110
Gallery: Zuleikaa
Quote:
Originally Posted by nurseypoo5 View Post
UGH! i got called into work last night (was supposed to make the pizza with my son last night..after being in the fridge 16 hours) well...now it will be 40 hours...


i guess i'll go ahead and make one now...eat lunch, go to bed, and hope it turns out alright lol.

your right kevin, work in progress....heres a big "oops " experiment.
Recommended proofing times are 5-48 hours with 5 hours being the absolute minimum and 24-48 the preferered timing.

Last edited by Zuleikaa; 02-02-2007 at 08:58 AM..
Zuleikaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 11:05 AM   #389
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: seattle, Wa
Posts: 151
Gallery: ira500
Stats: 224/178/166
WOE: Protein power/GO Diet
Start Date: 2/2001
I made the pizza using Kevin's white bread recipe(carbalose, not carbquik), and it was very good. The only problem was that I used a commercial pizza sauce instead of making my own.
It was similar in some ways to Scott 123's pizza, and to my own previous experiments, but less labor and time involved, maybe due to baking powder and yeast.
I'll try to post a photo of it.
A few tricks:
1.It does help to refrigerate the dough. A lot of pizzerias refirigerate the dough overnight, then set in at room temperature for an hour before rolling or tossing and baking. I don't know why, but it improves the texture.
2. My uncle owned a pizzeria(which he sold 35 years ago). I remember him insisting that cheese goes on first, before sauce. This is classic "Trenton" style, and serves to keep the bottom crust from getting soggy, and it works.
3. Hot oven. 475-500 isn't too hot. And put it on the bottom shelf of the oven.
What you'll end up with is a pizza that everyone, lowcarbers or otherwise, will love.
ira500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 04:17 PM   #390
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: seattle, Wa
Posts: 151
Gallery: ira500
Stats: 224/178/166
WOE: Protein power/GO Diet
Start Date: 2/2001
Latest Pizza photo

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m...0/100_0704.jpg
ira500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:34 AM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.