Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Memorial to Kevinpa: His Best Recipes (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/memorial-kevinpa-his-best-recipes/)
-   -   LC Three-bean Salad (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/memorial-kevinpa-his-best-recipes/438128-lc-three-bean-salad.html)

Kevinpa 07-16-2006 05:20 AM

LC Three-bean Salad

LC Three-bean Salad

Makes about 12 servings 3.5g carbs per serving.

14 1/2 ounce can Del Monte whole green beans, drained
14 1/2 ounce can Del Monte golden wax beans, drained
15 ounce can organic Black Soy Beans, rinsed and drained well
6 drops Sweetzfree
1/3 cup Balsamic vinegar
1/3 cup virgin olive oil
3 scallions, about 3 inch long and sliced super thin
1 med. clove garlic, minced
2 Tablespoons sf vanilla Davinci syrup(you can use vanilla extract and a bit more sweetner if you don't have the davinci)

Mix the Sweetzfree, Divinci, vinegar and oil in a medium bowl. Stir in the beans and scallions and let marinate in the fridge several hours, stirring occasionally.
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e3...s/DSC00033.jpg

DBrown8614 07-16-2006 09:06 AM

Ok, now I have died and gone to heaven ........... I love 3-bean salad! :kicking:

Thanks Kevin!!

myyellowstang 07-16-2006 11:15 AM

What amount of other sweeteners does the 6 drops sweetzfree translate into? I don't have this but would love to try it!

I have equal or splenda.

Thanks!

Kevinpa 07-16-2006 11:19 AM

approx 1/4 c splenda plus or minus a teaspoon or 2.......I'd start out light and add to your taste.

Oakie 07-20-2006 06:40 AM

This looks great and I plan on making it for a retirement luncheon next week. Question: I've seen some bean salads made with regular vinegar and this one uses Balsamic. What about red wine or rice vinegars? Is there a major difference in taste?

Kevinpa 07-20-2006 06:55 AM

I have never used rice vinegar so I can't comment on that one but red wine vinegar would work fine. I used balsamic because I prefer the taste. I think it has a woody sweeter taste to it but if you use balsamic watch the label because some have added sugar.

Oakie 07-20-2006 08:39 AM

Thanks Kevin. I'll probably try the red wine vinegar. I'm not really a big vinegar person (not even sure why I have the rice vinegar) and I don't want to buy the Balsamic if one of the others will work.

SugarBabi 07-20-2006 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oakie
This looks great and I plan on making it for a retirement luncheon next week. Question: I've seen some bean salads made with regular vinegar and this one uses Balsamic. What about red wine or rice vinegars? Is there a major difference in taste?

Rice vinegar is very light on taste-it doesn't have the tartness of regular vinegars.

Kevinpa 11-21-2007 10:01 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevinpa (Post 7215650)
LC Three-bean Salad

Makes about 12 servings 2.15g carbs per serving.

14 1/2 ounce can Del Monte whole green beans, drained
14 1/2 ounce can Del Monte golden wax beans, drained
15 ounce can organic Black Soy Beans, rinsed and drained well
6 drops Sweetzfree
1/3 cup Balsamic vinegar
1/3 cup virgin olive oil
3 scallions, about 3 inch long and sliced super thin
1 med. clove garlic, minced
2 Tablespoons sf vanilla Davinci syrup(you can use vanilla extract and a bit more sweetner if you don't have the davinci)

Mix the Sweetzfree, Divinci, vinegar and oil in a medium bowl. Stir in the beans and scallions and let marinate in the fridge several hours, stirring occasionally.

I am bumping this for a great Thanksgiving side.
This is best made the day before to let the flavors marinate over night.

I used 1/4 tsp splenda quick pack for the sweetzfree this year.

rosethorns 11-21-2007 12:25 PM

I'm glad you bumped this up Kevin. I can't eat soy beans but yo gave me ideas. Thank you

I took green beans, wax beans, mushrooms and scallions and made a salad with that. It's marinating as we speak.:up:
Ess

ReneeD70 11-21-2007 02:25 PM

I have never tasted 3 Bean salad, looks interesting. May give this a shot!

Phaedra 12-10-2007 01:20 PM

Kevin,I made this early summer and by the time lunch was over I only got 1 serving for me.(Rats!)Then I doubled the recipe and got 2 servings for me.(Better!!) Now I'm having my New Years Day Feast for 12 people (1-1-08) So I plan to triple the recipe and hide 3 servings so I can have all I want!! Thank you for this great recipe,folks eat it like candy and its good for 'em to boot.I appriciate all the time and effort it take to come up with these wonderful recipe.
Blessings,and have a wonderful Holiday Season.

Songwriter 12-10-2007 01:39 PM

The carb count given, is that carbs minus fiber, simple as that, or more generous?

Kevinpa 12-10-2007 01:47 PM

Thanks, this salad never lasts around here either.:laugh:

Deb34 04-26-2013 12:27 PM

bumping for spring and summer salad ideas