Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Memorial to Kevinpa: His Best Recipes (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/memorial-kevinpa-his-best-recipes/)
-   -   They Cauli Me Tatar Salad (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/memorial-kevinpa-his-best-recipes/438123-they-cauli-me-tatar-salad.html)

Kevinpa 07-16-2006 12:53 AM

They Cauli Me Tatar Salad

They Cauli Me Tatar Salad
1 small to med head Cauliflower, chopped into 2 inch peices
4 scallions, sliced thin
1 stalk celery, sliced thin
1/4 cup dill relish, drained well
2 tablespoons SF sweet relish
1 tablespoon white vinegar
2 tablespoons SF Vanilla Davinci syrup
1 1/2 tablespoon Frenchies honey dijon mustard
1/2 cup mayonnaise (not salad dressing)
5 eggs, hard boiled and chopped
fresh ground pepper to taste
salt to taste

put chopped cauiflower is covered glass bowl with 2 tablespoons water and microwave on high for 7 min then let sit covered for 5 more min.

then put the first 9 ingredients in a large casserole and mix gently to keep cauliflower from breaking into small pieces.

top with eggs and salt and pepper to taste
then fold in gently cover and refridgerate for 2 hours or so.

The tatar salad lover in your family will Yum this 1 up.

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m...007_394187.jpg

papita 07-16-2006 06:05 AM

I was checking to see if Ron White came up with this recipe!! lol Looks great I will have to try this! Thanks

pooticus 07-16-2006 06:16 AM

lol kevin i love ron white!

Charski 07-16-2006 09:35 AM

We've been eating that caulitater salad since we first started over 5 years ago - we actually PREFER it to the old potato salad!

Everybody I've ever served it to loves it.

Char

myyellowstang 07-16-2006 10:17 AM

Do you have good results using frozen cauliflower?

Kevinpa 07-16-2006 10:37 AM

I have personally never made this using frozen cauliflower, But I am going to guess that it would turn out just fine as long as you didn't make it too well done so as to fall apart when you mix it alll together.

sungoddess 07-16-2006 10:39 AM

Kevin-
I am loving your recipes :heart: with the great pics!! Thanks so much. Please keep this up. This is great. I can't wait to try this version.

Angel5451 07-16-2006 11:01 AM

[COLOR=Navy]Tater Salad!!!!!!!!!! :love: :hugs: :laugh: :high5:

You just made this southern gal really happy..lol.. :up: [/COLOR]

Quote:

Originally Posted by sungoddess
Kevin-
I am loving your recipes :heart: with the great pics!! Thanks so much. Please keep this up. This is great. I can't wait to try this version.

[COLOR=DarkRed]Yeah...pleaz don't stop, I look forward to your post
they're so yummy :love:[/COLOR]

myyellowstang 07-16-2006 11:13 AM

Thanks!

Radmom413 07-17-2006 11:03 AM

I have this cooling in my fridge!

Can't wait to try it!

Thanks!

renaegonz 07-17-2006 02:28 PM

I have made this with the frozen cauliflower- my 17 year old daughter -who told me it would be to "gross" to even try, ate half of it before I told her it was cauliflower, then thought I was lying about it being cauliflower. Yes, its that good!!! :kicking:

mahyde 07-17-2006 02:50 PM

I just bake the frozen cauliflower in the oven and it drys it out perfectly......I believe it is 325 for about 1/2 hour or so.

BB in MN 07-17-2006 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mahyde
I just bake the frozen cauliflower in the oven and it drys it out perfectly......I believe it is 325 for about 1/2 hour or so.

Hey, Mahyde, good idea :cool:
No water should really help. I'm going to try that when making mashed cauliflower potatoes. :kicking:

Beth

mahyde 07-18-2006 06:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BB in MN
Hey, Mahyde, good idea :cool:
No water should really help. I'm going to try that when making mashed cauliflower potatoes. :kicking:

Beth

That was not my idea.......got it from someone here on a previous thread.....much easier.

renaegonz 07-18-2006 07:15 AM

I did mine in the microwave with no water-just checked it every once and awhile to make sure some of the pieces don't get brown. If I recall correctly it was about 10 minutes, and I did still squeeze it to make sure there wasn't any water. The oven would probably omit the step of having to squeeze out the water, but its just too hot here right now to have the oven on!

underHiswing 07-18-2006 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by renaegonz
I did mine in the microwave with no water-just checked it every once and awhile to make sure some of the pieces don't get brown. If I recall correctly it was about 10 minutes, and I did still squeeze it to make sure there wasn't any water. The oven would probably omit the step of having to squeeze out the water, but its just too hot here right now to have the oven on!

Not only does it not heat up the kitchen...it's a lot quicker as well! :up: