Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Recipes and Menus > Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions > Memorial to Kevinpa: His Best Recipes
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2007, 04:11 PM   #61
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: jackieba
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: October 2005
I'll be freezing individual pieces too. There's only two of us so I freeze most all desserts in individual servings.
jackieba is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-13-2007, 04:11 PM   #62
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Kevinpa
Stats: 230/160/165
WOE: Low Carb Maintenance
Start Date: May 2005
The hard part about dividing this carrot cake recipe is the eggs. With 2 eggs it is very difficult to do anything other than cut it in half. Half of this recipe would work very well using a bread loaf pan or dish or any baking pan that has 1/2 the surface area of a 9 x 9. I have whole powdered eggs for situations like these where I want to make a fraction of a recipe. But most people do not have them in their pantry and I am not sure there is any sub, at least none that I can think of. With powdered eggs though, it should be feasible to make just a single portion.
Kevinpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 07:36 AM   #63
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: greenbean
I am making this for DH for Father's Day and I am excited because I am going to get a piece!

Last edited by greenbean; 06-14-2007 at 07:43 AM.. Reason: I cannot spell!
greenbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 08:15 AM   #64
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: greenbean
I made the carrot cake. DH loves it. I don't eat pecans/walnuts so I added 2 oz of raisins and half a cup of fresh crushed pinapple. That is more carbs added but we don't do Atkins (I am nursing still) and just go with "lower carb".

I will be honest. Warm out of the oven this is great! Okay beyond great, I could have eaten the whole cake by myself. This cake does not rise at all for me. After this was chilled in the fridge (because that is the way we normally serve carrot cake at our house) I could taste the WPI a little. Still great though. DH thinks it is heaven.
Old 08-20-2007, 06:05 AM   #65
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

I made this using your Cookie/Cake Flour Blend and it turned out very well. I can't compare since I didn't have it the orig way but I can say no weird tastes even after chilling. Since I'm sensitive to the taste of WPI5000 I thought this variation would be best for us. It did rise--I'd say th finished cake was just under 2" high. I cut the salt in half since Carbquik has some (next time I'll prob just omit it) and added a little baking soda (my high carb recipe had it in there). I also added some LorAnn's pineapple oil and doubled the icing. Next time I'll double the cinnamon. I overbaked it so it wasn't as moist as it would have been but it was still very good.
Thanks Kevin.
Old 09-27-2007, 09:33 AM   #66
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Kevinpa
Stats: 230/160/165
WOE: Low Carb Maintenance
Start Date: May 2005
I made this today using my lc cake and cookie flour mix.
I left the recipe the same except I used 1/2 cup oil instead of 3/4 cup.

I like this version better than the original.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00008a.jpg (74.5 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00009a.jpg (55.7 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00010a.jpg (53.7 KB, 43 views)
Kevinpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 10:03 AM   #67
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

I've made this 3-4 times now using the cake/cookie flour blend and it's great. I did use the full 3/4 cup oil and that didn't seem like too much to me. I still add some LorAnn's pineapple oil, double the cinnamon and last time I even added a little (1/4 cup) of the Libby's splenda pineapple tidbits. I double the icing and add a few drops LorAnn pineapple oil and cinnamon oil. I never had the original but this is our favorite dessert. Thanks again Kevin.
jackieba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 12:27 AM   #68
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Starduster
Stats: start 38/ loss 40/ goal -1.2 under
WOE: Simeon HCGrx injects
Start Date: SMOKEFREE R2P4
I made this recipe tonight using vanilla whey powder, walnuts and stevia instead. I also cut the oil down a bit and used greek yogurt. Cake came out GREAT! A tad too sweet as the stevia was quite powerful, but really yummy all the less. Thanks for a great recipe! Would love to try more but usually do not have the ingredients...
Starduster is offline   Reply With Quote