Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2014, 04:53 AM   #1
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: HappyisNow
Considering Starting Over Again...Please Share Your Advice

Hi!
I did Take Shake For Life over 6 months ago after following a youtube guru. I had quick success and lost 15lbs. But I was miserable and hungry THE ENTIRE TIME . Also, I'm apparently one of those weirdos that when I get compliments on my weight loss, I began to slack off and eat things off plan. So after much turmoil, I dropped the program.

So for the last 6 months I've watched myself gain weight despite constantly depriving myself, going from WW to Atkins every week, either avoiding fat or endulging in fat.

Yesterday after being told by my dad that he thinks I'm putting on weight. I was feeling down and was at the shopping center. Since my store hasn't opened, I wandered into the medifast weight loss center. The lady of course was a great sales lady and she swore up and down that with a nutritionist on hand I wouldn't feel miserable.

Does anyone else work with the weight loss clinic instead of TSFL? I am tempted to call her back today and get started but my program will be over 1000 dollars!!!
HappyisNow is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-13-2014, 02:03 PM   #2
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: LowCarb10
Stats: 171/160.5/140
WOE: Medi WeightLoss
Start Date: April 29, 2014
Ive done pretty much every diet out there and have lost and gained the same 20-30lbs.. I am a weirdo like you who starts to cheat when people start to notice... I did tsfl and medi previously... both worked but I ultimately came back to medi because I felt that if I put in the work and time to come up with new recipes that I treat as real meals instead of just died meals I can be successful. That being said I am not as strict as some of the amazing people on here.. I will have a glass or two of red wine on the weekend or take a week or two off because of parties, etc but what is different about this time around is that I still weigh myself every single day so that it is impossible to ignore if I am gaining weight and for the first time in my life I am maintaining without being strictly op. I am using the medi website and this forum for recipes and tips and find the diet to be more bearable this time around... it doesn't feel as restricted and some of the recipes actually taste like something I will continue to create at home after my weight loss is done. I think the most important thing is to be honest with yourself. Yes its great to lose 20-30lbs in a month or two and get the weight off fast... but for me that just didnt work because I didn't get used to the new way of life and I felt deprived. Now I continue to lose while still allowing myself the occasional treat... it is taking a bit longer but I am happy knowing it will be sustainable for me.

Goodluck on whatever path you choose! It is always tough when people call you out for your weigh gain but I would rather have my mom tell me I look heavier than have some random person think it! Just know that it comes from love and that your dad knows how wonderful you are and just wants you to be the best person you can be--plus, he knows you can do it! Good luck, I say sign up for Medi!! Feel free to message me if you need any support!
LowCarb10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 07:18 AM   #3
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: HappyisNow

Thank you for sharing your experience! After careful considerations, I decided to take the plunge and do the medifast program. I've been on it for 3 days now and I've lost 5lbs. Mostly water weight I know, but I'm happy to say that it's not as miserable of an experience as I had thought.

I like knowing that I have the support of my nutrtional counselors at any time to help me when I have trouble.

Good luck to us!
HappyisNow is offline   Reply With Quote