Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2014, 08:57 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Grateful2727
Medi weightloss Followers: Need Suggestions Desperately

I recently started the Medi Weightloss Program and then tore my medial meniscus and cannot exercise/walk. Basically I am immobile and wanted suggestions as to how I might rev up my metabolism in this state. If I am in on-going ketosis and am unable to exercise, will I be able to lose some weight. My concern also is that I might end up losing muscle and would like to avoid that! I have 130 pounds to lose and do not want to get discouraged. My surgery is the end of May with projections of a three month recoup period. Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Grateful2727 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-16-2014, 01:52 PM   #2
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: rkj1969
You can still lose if you just eat on plan! I personally find that if I exercise, my weight loss stalls - so I'm not doing exercise until after I lose the first half of my 100 pounds. If I were injured my biggest challenge would be not snacking out of boredom! You can do it!
rkj1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 12:02 PM   #3
Junior LCF Member

Thank You

Appreciate the words of wisdom!
Old 04-17-2014, 06:12 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: suzanna1
Stats: 215/175/149 5'8" 38 years old
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Oh no! I am so sorry that you are injured! I hope your surgery goes well and you heal quickly.

That said, I don't think you have to exercise with Medi. The calories are so low that you will continue to lose weight, and the lower weight will make the rehab of your knee easier!

Swimming (with a pull-buoy to take your legs out of the equation) and the arm cycle are great cardio, if you want to get some in. You can buy a decent arm cycle online for less than $200 & burn a ton of calories at home.

Big hugs!
suzanna1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 04:05 AM   #5
Junior LCF Member

Thank You

These are great ideas. It is really hard to believe that I can loose 'my fluffiness'
by staying in ketosis and not exercising. You provided me with great suggestions. I will look into the items that you suggested. Thanks again!
Old 05-02-2014, 06:53 AM   #6
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Txhollyk
Stats: 243/169/155
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: January 2013, restart Nov 13
not exercising

Hi I don't post very often but I wanted to help ease your mind on not being able to work out. I have lost 65 pounds on Medi and have really not exercised much. The weight will fall off if you eat on plan, also walking will help but being non-mobile that isn't an option for you. One thing you can do is upper body strengthening, use light weights or canned veggies and work your arms and shoulders. You will get some muscle burn which burns calories and you can get a head start on the wonderful under arm area that we all struggle with.
Good luck! I would also recommend getting the combo shot twice a week, this will really help you starting out.
Txhollyk is offline   Reply With Quote