Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2014, 10:24 AM   #241
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: rl2b
Stats: 329.5/277/175
WOE: Medi/moderate protein
Start Date: 04/27/2014
Hello! I joined our local MWLW clinic and the program seems to be just slightly different than the one described here on the LCF Board. I have to eat 12oz of protein per day - 7 lean and 5 semi-lean. Once in ketosis, you can add 4 servings of 1 cup each in veggies/fruit but not more than 2 of them in fruit. Lettuce is free as are dill pickles. You also have to drink 128oz of liquid/day and 64 of them have to be water. There are weekly weigh ins and meeting with an RN, along with a B12/MIC/Chromium shot.

My first consultation was the afternoon of 4/27 and I was in ketosis by the morning of 4/29. Thankfully, my friend gave me a heads up on what to start eating so I had eliminated most carbs to get into ketosis so quickly. I have lost 31# so far, which I am very happy with! I have to say I still have some cravings . . . mostly for chocolate. I would kill most days for a good piece of chocolate candy. My best friend is doing this with me, although not going to the clinic. She has lost 34#. Anyway, I just found this area of the message boards so I thought I'd pop in and say hello.

Roseanne
rl2b is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-09-2014, 06:54 PM   #242
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Zarasara
Quote:
Originally Posted by rl2b View Post
Hello! I joined our local MWLW clinic and the program seems to be just slightly different than the one described here on the LCF Board. I have to eat 12oz of protein per day - 7 lean and 5 semi-lean. Once in ketosis, you can add 4 servings of 1 cup each in veggies/fruit but not more than 2 of them in fruit. Lettuce is free as are dill pickles. You also have to drink 128oz of liquid/day and 64 of them have to be water. There are weekly weigh ins and meeting with an RN, along with a B12/MIC/Chromium shot.

My first consultation was the afternoon of 4/27 and I was in ketosis by the morning of 4/29. Thankfully, my friend gave me a heads up on what to start eating so I had eliminated most carbs to get into ketosis so quickly. I have lost 31# so far, which I am very happy with! I have to say I still have some cravings . . . mostly for chocolate. I would kill most days for a good piece of chocolate candy. My best friend is doing this with me, although not going to the clinic. She has lost 34#. Anyway, I just found this area of the message boards so I thought I'd pop in and say hello.

Roseanne
Man, where is the fat?! I am all for fiber rich carbs...but I would be wondering exactly how you will be satiated with no fat, like coconut oil, unless that's coming down the pike very soon!
Zarasara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 07:54 PM   #243
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dawnsch
new member to LCF

New member to LCF's and just joined MWL 9 days ago, looking forward to seeing what everyone is doing on this program. Down 10 so far on this program but loss some prior to joining and felt it was a fit for me.
dawnsch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 06:55 AM   #244
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarasara View Post
Man, where is the fat?! I am all for fiber rich carbs...but I would be wondering exactly how you will be satiated with no fat, like coconut oil, unless that's coming down the pike very soon!
Zarasara - I guess I forgot to mention the fat part! Oops! I do have 2T of half and half everyday in my coffee (thank heavens - I couldn't give it up), as well as 2T salad dressing and a little whipped cream on my sf jello. I forget their guidelines exactly but everyone needs some fat in their diet. I have noticed my nails are growing like crazy from eating all this jello! My skin looks great from all the water too.
Roseanne
Old 07-10-2014, 04:58 PM   #245
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Zarasara - I guess I forgot to mention the fat part! Oops! I do have 2T of half and half everyday in my coffee (thank heavens - I couldn't give it up), as well as 2T salad dressing and a little whipped cream on my sf jello. I forget their guidelines exactly but everyone needs some fat in their diet. I have noticed my nails are growing like crazy from eating all this jello! My skin looks great from all the water too.
Roseanne
I am starting to wonder if this weight loss plan is fat deficient...it doesn't even compare to a true ketogenic plan in terms of fat calories...
Old 07-13-2014, 10:51 AM   #246
Senior LCF Member

I do not know - but I'll find another place to post if it's not considered Medi Weightloss. Whatever - no biggie.
Old 07-13-2014, 11:29 AM   #247
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
I do not know - but I'll find another place to post if it's not considered Medi Weightloss. Whatever - no biggie.
Oh no, it IS for MWL...but it's still ketogenic. Sorry, I was thinking out loud. It wasn't my intention to derail you. I read a LOT, but I had to because I wasn't doing too well hydration-wise on the MWL plan. Hence, I learned the term ketogenic diet, and it wasn't something I was familiar with. Actually, the MWL plan is kind of a modified version of a true ketogenic plan (meaning generation of ketones), but it doesn't matter. Just stick with what you are doing. I tend to think and analyse far beyond what time allows for...
Old 07-13-2014, 11:30 AM   #248
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnsch View Post
New member to LCF's and just joined MWL 9 days ago, looking forward to seeing what everyone is doing on this program. Down 10 so far on this program but loss some prior to joining and felt it was a fit for me.
Welcome, welcome! And congrats on the weight loss! You are going to do grrrrreat!
Old 07-20-2014, 11:45 AM   #249
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: spinningblue
Stats: 221/205.2/150
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 07/20/2014
Hi everyone,

My name is Jen and today is my very first day. I'm glad I started on a Sunday, so that I can take it easy at home and start slowly. : ) I am really looking forward to this process since I have about 70 lbs to lose!
spinningblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 12:45 PM   #250
Senior LCF Member

good luck Jen!

Hi Jen, good luck on your first week! I am in starting week 4 tomorrow and doing good with the program. I have about 70 to lose myself --everyone says the first week was so tough, I actually thought it was quite easy to do and just more determined to do it this time around.
Old 07-20-2014, 12:55 PM   #251
Senior LCF Member

Thanks for the Welcome! Start week 4 tomorrow and still hanging in there with no cheating, that has always been by problem in the past! I just got myself a Jawbone Up 24 to track my steps/activity and love it. Even got my husband one and we are doing this together, he is not doing the program like me but is doing what I am doing and dropped 15 lbs. Keep in touch! Dawn
Old 07-20-2014, 03:41 PM   #252
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: FarmGal
Stats: 218/203.8/150
WOE: Medi-Weightloss w/o the pills and clinic
Start Date: 07/21/14
Wow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afer0841 View Post
Hello everyone,
I restarted medi in october last year and so far have lost over 55 lbs! Just wanted to say hi and introduce myself.
Wow, Afer0841!! That is awesome! How are you doing now? I am restarting tomorrow. I turn 50 in November and am SO sick of this weight loss struggle. I hope you are still doing great!
FarmGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 03:50 PM   #253
Senior LCF Member

Hello Everyone,

I'm restarting Medi tomorrow on my own, at home. I have been to the clinic before, but don't care to spend the money and our local clinic is closing anyway. I never took their pills or shots, but I'm hoping to find some support here.

Are there any Medi challenge threads here or do you all just join any non-specific challenges? I'm going to be 50 this fall and looking for either a medi challenge thread or a 50 year old challenge thread. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!
Old 07-20-2014, 07:17 PM   #254
Senior LCF Member

Good Luck Farmgal! I am 52 so I know what you mean! I am in my 4 th week tomorrow, they just opened a clinic in my town about a month ago. So I am going at this time, my husband is not going and doing it with me, just not all the clinic visits. Keep me posted on how u are doing!
Old 07-21-2014, 06:30 AM   #255
Junior LCF Member

Day one went very well. I woke up today feeling good. When my counselor told me I might have a hard time getting my calories in, I said, no way! Yesterday, I did! I ended up eating a boiled egg in the evening just to make sure I got all of them in. Crazy.
Old 07-21-2014, 08:21 AM   #256
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinningblue View Post
Hi everyone,

My name is Jen and today is my very first day. I'm glad I started on a Sunday, so that I can take it easy at home and start slowly. : ) I am really looking forward to this process since I have about 70 lbs to lose!
Hi Jen! We're starting around the same time and weight! Good luck to you! I'll try and post here often. I'm looking for support and people to do this with. I am not going to a clinic. I've been to one before, but there wasn't much support there and now I just received a letter in the mail that they're closing down anyway. I'll be doing it at home, alone, so I'm hoping to find friends here to go on this journey with. Take care!

ETA: P.S. Just read your post about your first day! Woohoo! Glad it went well!

~*~The next month is going to pass by in a flash and you can either gain, stay the same or lose. Which one is it going to be?~*~

Old 07-21-2014, 08:24 AM   #257
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Good Luck Farmgal! I am 52 so I know what you mean! I am in my 4 th week tomorrow, they just opened a clinic in my town about a month ago. So I am going at this time, my husband is not going and doing it with me, just not all the clinic visits. Keep me posted on how u are doing!
Thank you, Dawn! So glad to find someone my age and same starting weight. So am I reading your stats right? You lost 18 lbs. in 3 weeks? That is SO awesome! I hope I have your results. I'll try and post here often, as I always do better with people to talk to and to give and receive support with. Have a great day!
Old 07-21-2014, 08:25 AM   #258
Senior LCF Member

Side note: Have you ladies joined any challenges in the LCF boards? If so, which ones? Thanks!
Old 07-21-2014, 12:39 PM   #259
Senior LCF Member

hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmGal View Post
Thank you, Dawn! So glad to find someone my age and same starting weight. So am I reading your stats right? You lost 18 lbs. in 3 weeks? That is SO awesome! I hope I have your results. I'll try and post here often, as I always do better with people to talk to and to give and receive support with. Have a great day!
Hi FarmGal! yes that is right, they said I am doing great on the program, I have committed to walking daily about 12 to 17000 steps a day, that is probably why I am losing good they said, I got the Jawbone Up 24 so I can track steps, activity and sleep. I like it and it really motivates me. I tried a regular pedometer an just don't work with my walking stride, I am 5'4 with a 19 stride so it never seems to click with the cheap one. My husband is doing this too, on his own, and doing good with it. Keep me posted on how you are doing! I never did any of those challenges yet and this is the first time I ever joined a forum like this. I can't figure out even how to put my pic on!
Old 07-21-2014, 12:42 PM   #260
Senior LCF Member

fantastic!

Quote:
Day one went very well. I woke up today feeling good. When my counselor told me I might have a hard time getting my calories in, I said, no way! Yesterday, I did! I ended up eating a boiled egg in the evening just to make sure I got all of them in. Crazy.
Way to go! every day is easier to do this program, I am glad it is going well for you!
Old 07-22-2014, 05:22 AM   #261
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nykhoel
Stats: 311/265/175
WOE: Medi weight loss
Start Date: 7/21/14
Hey guys! I just joined medi yesterday and I am nervous and excited. I don't eat a lot of meat, so week one is going to be challenging. It was tough to visit the grocery store and buy what seemed random to me. Eggs, string cheese, some chicken, water. I kept imagining recipes in my head as I shopped and realized how little I will be actually eating this week. I ended up doing eggs which im not a fan of, and sausage for dinner. Today im going to branch out and try to grill some chicken up. Any recommendations on how to flavor it?
A question for you guys too. The center I visited barely mentioned ketosis and certainly didn't give me anything to test if I'm in ketosis. Is this something I should inquire about?
Im a weight watchers drop out (about 4 months and I lost 15#, I did keep it off). I enjoyed the social aspect and the accountability but they pushed so much artificial crap I couldn't relate.
I have a long journey ahead of me, but I know I can do it. I'm only 27 and have developed fertility issues because of my weight in recent years. I want to be strong and healthy enough to have children and enjoy them :-) Thanks for listening...
nykhoel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 06:20 AM   #262
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmGal View Post
Hi Jen! We're starting around the same time and weight! Good luck to you! I'll try and post here often. I'm looking for support and people to do this with. I am not going to a clinic. I've been to one before, but there wasn't much support there and now I just received a letter in the mail that they're closing down anyway. I'll be doing it at home, alone, so I'm hoping to find friends here to go on this journey with. Take care!

ETA: P.S. Just read your post about your first day! Woohoo! Glad it went well!
FarmGal, thanks for the note in my journal. I had to look you up ~smile~. I have to say that I agree with the lack of support from my local clinic. It does make me think about just doing it from home. Anyway, I have been doing this for 11 weeks and am down 34#. The last few weeks I have only lost 1.5# which is a little frustrating but at least it's going in the right direction. It sure would be nice if it would come off quicker, but I think it might be a good thing so my skin gets to recover a bit.

Good losing thoughts for all of you!
Roseanne
Old 07-22-2014, 08:19 AM   #263
Junior LCF Member

Day three now for me - still doing well. Has anyone flavored their greek yogurt with anything? I put some no sugar cheesecake jello pudding mix in mine and it was yummy, but I hope it's ok. I didn't see anything in the materials about that.
Old 07-22-2014, 08:49 AM   #264
Senior LCF Member

ketone strips

Quote:
Originally Posted by nykhoel View Post
Hey guys! I just joined medi yesterday and I am nervous and excited. I don't eat a lot of meat, so week one is going to be challenging. It was tough to visit the grocery store and buy what seemed random to me. Eggs, string cheese, some chicken, water. I kept imagining recipes in my head as I shopped and realized how little I will be actually eating this week. I ended up doing eggs which im not a fan of, and sausage for dinner. Today im going to branch out and try to grill some chicken up. Any recommendations on how to flavor it?
A question for you guys too. The center I visited barely mentioned ketosis and certainly didn't give me anything to test if I'm in ketosis. Is this something I should inquire about?
Im a weight watchers drop out (about 4 months and I lost 15#, I did keep it off). I enjoyed the social aspect and the accountability but they pushed so much artificial crap I couldn't relate.
I have a long journey ahead of me, but I know I can do it. I'm only 27 and have developed fertility issues because of my weight in recent years. I want to be strong and healthy enough to have children and enjoy them :-) Thanks for listening...
hi--you should be testing your ketones on day 4, the clinic should provided those to you, this is the main frame of Medi Weight loss, they want you in ketosis, if they don't provide them to you, pick them up any most any store by the diabetic supplies, cost is about 12.00 and you want to be in the mid range eventually. Try salmon, tuna, grill a burger and shrimp, cottage cheese. I am on week 4 now and it has gotten easier to do.
Old 07-22-2014, 08:51 AM   #265
Senior LCF Member

greek Yogert

Quote:
Day three now for me - still doing well. Has anyone flavored their greek yogurt with anything? I put some no sugar cheesecake jello pudding mix in mine and it was yummy, but I hope it's ok. I didn't see anything in the materials about that.
hi---I added sugar free jello and froze it, not too hard, tasted like dessert then, otherwise the plain stuff taste aweful to me! Keep going!
Old 07-22-2014, 08:55 AM   #266
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nykhoel
Stats: 311/265/175
WOE: Medi weight loss
Start Date: 7/21/14
I bought some strawberry banana sugar free jello to try in my greek yogurt but I haven't tried it yet. I'll stop back to the clinic today and ask about the ketones testing strips. What is everyone's take on going for mid week shots? Are they worth it/do they make a difference for you?
nykhoel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 08:57 AM   #267
Senior LCF Member

clinic

Quote:
FarmGal, thanks for the note in my journal. I had to look you up ~smile~. I have to say that I agree with the lack of support from my local clinic. It does make me think about just doing it from home. Anyway, I have been doing this for 11 weeks and am down 34#. The last few weeks I have only lost 1.5# which is a little frustrating but at least it's going in the right direction. It sure would be nice if it would come off quicker, but I think it might be a good thing so my skin gets to recover a bit.

Good losing thoughts for all of you!
Roseanne
Hi Roseanne, I am from WI too, I just started at my clinic and they seem like in such a rush with me too. Our clinic just opened up and it seems like the have a lot of clients from what they say but I really don't see anyone there. I am going to commit to doing it at least 6 months at the clinic and hopefully will have a better control of things for me. They told me after the initial month, you should only be losing 1-3 lbs, but I think I am only eating 550 calories, wouldn't you think it would be falling off faster. I started doing a lot of walking and that has really helped if you are able to try that. Good Luck! Dawn
Old 07-22-2014, 09:01 AM   #268
Senior LCF Member

shots

Quote:
Originally Posted by nykhoel View Post
I bought some strawberry banana sugar free jello to try in my greek yogurt but I haven't tried it yet. I'll stop back to the clinic today and ask about the ketones testing strips. What is everyone's take on going for mid week shots? Are they worth it/do they make a difference for you?
hi again---I am not doing the mid week shot, I just don't see a burst of energy with it after 4 weeks. Some people say it really helps but I did buy the B melts online from their site if I feel like taking at the end of the week, I thought that is better than an IM injection. Just my thoughts and I don't like shots anyways!
Old 07-22-2014, 09:09 AM   #269
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Hi Roseanne, I am from WI too, I just started at my clinic and they seem like in such a rush with me too. Our clinic just opened up and it seems like the have a lot of clients from what they say but I really don't see anyone there. I am going to commit to doing it at least 6 months at the clinic and hopefully will have a better control of things for me. They told me after the initial month, you should only be losing 1-3 lbs, but I think I am only eating 550 calories, wouldn't you think it would be falling off faster. I started doing a lot of walking and that has really helped if you are able to try that. Good Luck! Dawn
Hi Dawn! I have just started walking a bit more and making a conscious effort at work to get up and move around instead of just sitting at my desk. I think that's a good idea/approach - give them six months to work with you. This should be pretty ingrained by then, I would think. ~smile~ I would think that with the little we're eating weight would just fall off! LOL Are you taking the calcium pyruvate pills twice a day as well? I do not feel any more energized from the weekly shot at all. My best friend is doing this with me without the clinic visits and she has lost 37# (and is just thrilled, needless to say)! Anyway, nice to meet you and onward and downward!
Roseanne
Old 07-22-2014, 11:58 AM   #270
Junior LCF Member

Does anyone else have trouble with your nose running constantly since starting this? Weird!