Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2014, 01:53 PM   #181
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sunflower531
Stats: 143/133.2/125
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 4/14/14
Feeling a bit rebellious, ever since she said no red meat, I went out and bought red meat. I got to looking at my analysis read out and I was down a pound in fat and fat% from the last weight in and up in water by a pound...so really I lost 2 lbs. it just didn't show up. Maybe muscle gain? because my impedance was lower too. I don't want them to try and analysis why I may not have lost weight that week, I want helpful tips on how to keep it off. I don't want menu ideas on stuff I will never eat either. This program is all about keeping it off, but I see alot of us coming back? So where are they going wrong? I think it's because the diet is not real life, and when we go back to real life it overwhelms us. I want help on a real life diet. I suppose it will all come down to portion control! When I went into maintenance I was told only to keep my calories under a certain number. But I didn't log after the diet. To be successful will I need to log forever? I have 10 lbs. to go and only 5 visits left. My medi people spend more time imputing what I ate and the exercise I did then coaching me for the future. Feeling frustrated!

Sponsored Links
Old 05-03-2014, 03:26 AM   #182
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: JustJanetC
Stats: 5'8, 205/178/150
WOE: Low Carb, Medi
Start Date: April 2014
I had my first weigh in yesterday and I was down 6.5 lbs. so happy with that because I am now 178. I have tried to get into the 170's for 5 months with no
success and here I am. YAY!

Sunflower, they also told me to limit my red meat yesterday and in the past. The reason was, it will cause you to retain water. That was the only reasoning given at the time. I typically do not eat a lot of red meat, however, I was ravenous last week and it just was wonderful and made me feel so much better. I totally understand your frustration because the list of foods gets smaller. How about more ways to cook those white meats? Chicken and Pork and of course fish. I will have to search down more recipes.

Yesterday I stopped by a Mediterranean Bakery and picked up a chicken shishkabob for lunch. Yummy. And filling. I see a new lunch or dinner option.

Be Encouraged!
JustJanetC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 05:00 AM   #183
Senior LCF Member

Super job Janet!
Sunflower531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 08:59 PM   #184
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: mellymel
Stats: 367/303/165
WOE: Medi-Weight Loss Clinic
Start Date: 4/12/2014
Congratulations on the 2 lbs after all Sunflower! I agree they should have told you about your fat loss - especially when overall you only lost a small amount. I would think they would focus on fat loss anyways, since water weight tends to fluctuate a lot anyways.

You absolutely have a right to feel frustrated! They should be focusing on your accomplishments and preparing you for maintenance instead of what they feel you aren't doing "right". My counselor is big on logging everything and likes to review it, but she definitely doesn't fixate over it and was okay with me going over on the calories on Tuesday. She didn't even say anything about me only doing cardio once this week.

Reading some of the other threads in this forum from people regaining the weight, I would definitely be concerned on how to maintain the weight once the program is completed. I can't imagine that it would continue to be so restrictive, but I'm trying not to focus on that since I still have a very long way to go.
mellymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 09:16 PM   #185
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: mellymel
Stats: 367/303/165
WOE: Medi-Weight Loss Clinic
Start Date: 4/12/2014
Janet, congratulations on getting into the 170s! I am down 23 lbs in 3 weeks and I never have lost more than 25 lbs on any diet, so I'm excited to see if I can cross that this week.

If red meat is helping you lose weight, I think it should be accommodated more than just twice a week. If we feel like we're being deprived, there's no way we're going to keep it up long term. If it's a water retention issue, maybe combining some extra exercise, water, and using less sodium will help kind of counteract it?
mellymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 11:23 AM   #186
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Mell for your encouragement! Supper job, on losing 23 lbs.!!! Your talking to people who know what hard work that was/ is. Keep it up!
Old 05-05-2014, 02:20 PM   #187
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: sweetsue
Stats: Goal: 178
WOE: MWL
Start Date: 4/30/14
Hi. I just joined Medi last week. I think I did ok this week. My strips show. Am now in ketosis. Tomorrow is my first weigh in. I am looking forward to some veggies for week 2! Thanks for your previous posts. I have enjoyed reading them and look forward to more since I hope this will be my last and permanent weight loss journey...but it will be a long one.
sweetsue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 02:24 PM   #188
Junior LCF Member

I love this! Thank you!
Old 05-05-2014, 02:32 PM   #189
Senior LCF Member

Welcome
Old 05-06-2014, 08:12 AM   #190
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Txhollyk
Stats: 243/169/155
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: January 2013, restart Nov 13
Sugar Binge = Muscle cramps?

I have been on medi since Nov- no cheats for months, feel awesome and no health issues. I got the bright idea last night to eat a giant hot fudge brownie sundae. I woke up with muscle cramps in my leg, I have not had any cramping issues at all other than the first couple of weeks back in Nov. Nothing changed diet wise other than the sugar overload.
Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks!
Txhollyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 02:40 PM   #191
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: LowCarb10
Stats: 171/160.5/140
WOE: Medi WeightLoss
Start Date: April 29, 2014
Hey all, new to the forum! Im a college student and right now is finals time. Usually finals is the time when everyone eats crap because they are at the library/up studying all night so they eat takeout, vending machine snacks, etc since they are convenient and people don't have time to cook. I always gain weight around finals (as do most of my friends/peers) but this time I am doing great! Tonight I brought some cut up chicken (made a big batch at the beginning of the week so I was prepared), turkey pepperoni, chicken hotdogs, and sugar free jello ready to go so as I get munchy throughout the night, and early into the morning, I can fuel myself with healthy things, as opposed to vending machine snacks! I am pretty happy that I have been able to say no to the late night thai food orders and the ice cream that has been floating around the dorm lately!

Congrats to everyone on their success. I used to be a member at 3fatchicks but they don't have a medi weightloss section so I am pretty happy to have found this! You're all doing great!
LowCarb10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 03:22 PM   #192
Senior LCF Member

Hello Lowcarb! Your doing great, keep strong!
Old 05-08-2014, 09:46 AM   #193
Junior LCF Member

After my first day on week 2 it looks like I am out of ketosis. I only had 1/2 cup cooked spinach for 1 veggie and 1 1/4 cups strawberries for 1 fruit besides my protein. Has this happened to anyone?

BTW congrats Lowcarb on the right choices during exams!
Old 05-09-2014, 12:17 AM   #194
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Twisted Suze
Stats: 5'3"_224/219.2/150
WOE: Atkins - Induction 2014
Start Date: 31 July 2014
Never, Never, Never Give Up....Winston Churchill

Well here I am back again.
Haven't been here since last August in 2013.
I gained back a bunch but hate the thought of changing those numbers under my avatar.
What can I say ?
It was not their diet, but all me.....
A lot of depression and anger.
I know everyone has their own battles.

Fell off the wagon
Then it ran over me, dragging me down into a ditch I am determined to NOT stay in !.

You get the picture.
Noticed today, after taking 2 weeks off for some upper respiratory crud going around, a Big turnover in staff.
I don't know what happened exactly but I'm Mighty curious.

Anyway, I cannot give up and still want the weight off.
Glad to see this 2014 thread !

Good to see success stories out there !
Twisted Suze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 10:13 AM   #195
Senior LCF Member

Welcome! You can do this!
Old 05-09-2014, 10:32 AM   #196
Senior LCF Member

Has anyone tried eating real foods? No processed stuff. Thinking about doing this to maintain my weight once i get to my goal weight. Any thoughts?
Old 05-12-2014, 12:40 PM   #197
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: drpepperswife
Day 1

Hello everyone, my name is Candace and today is day 1for me. I am not officially on the program Bc I didn't join Medie. My mom and sister joined and have had amazing results! Since I am not getting the injections will I still see good results? I am looking to lose about 40 lbs so that my husband and I can move forward with a family. I was also wondering whatthe average weight loss was for the first week?
Keep up the good work ladies and let's get healthy together!!!
Candace
drpepperswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 01:05 PM   #198
Senior LCF Member

Welcome Candace! The shots might speed up your metabolism, and give you more energy. Which is a plus since your on such a low carb diet, but i don't think it's a must, just an added bonus. As far as weight loss the first week...that is different for every person. I would expect anywhere from 4-10 lbs. Any loss is a victory! Be strong, don't cheat, you only want to do week one, once!
Old 05-13-2014, 12:48 AM   #199
Senior LCF Member

Sunflower, you're not eating real food now ?

I'm getting burned out on eggs for breakfast....but if I add a strip of real bacon it's great to save till the end.

I like keeping lunch easy and quick so I eat some cheese or a cheese stick with one of Medi's Chocolate drinks.

Dinner is beef, chicken, pork, or shrimp.
They stink when you nuke them but I do like brussesl sprouts.
I use True Lemon dry lemon powder.....It's usually a great salt substitute, depending on the food..

I miss crunch so I like 17 turkey pepperoni nuked till they're crunchy.
About 2 min. in an 1100 watt microwave. Place them in a big circle on a dinner plate and they'll nuke evenly.
They count as a protein OR a snack !
Old 05-13-2014, 12:58 AM   #200
Senior LCF Member

Welcome, drpepperswife !

Love your name !

I Love Dr Pepper.....the cherry version especially.
But since I don't touch anything sweetened with aspartame, I don't even drink the diet versions and I miss it terribly.
I wish they would sweeten it with Splenda.

I have no idea what the average weight loss for the 1st week is but it was 9 lbs. for me. Then it dropped off to 3 or 4 a week....Then after the first month it was 9 or 10 lbs. a month.

I think the shots are for energy as well as benefitting weight loss.
The single are still free with the weekly cost but the doubles at our clinic went up 50% from $10. to $15. !
So I'm doing a single and a double each week.

You should have a great support system with your mom and sister being on it !

Best of luck to you !
Old 05-13-2014, 05:57 AM   #201
Senior LCF Member

Suze, no, I'm not eating real foods now. I was talking about after I get to my goal. Real Foods vs. Processed Foods. Real foods = 5 ingredients or less.
Old 05-19-2014, 07:34 AM   #202
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Christine11999
Start Date: 5-19-14
Joining today!

Hi Everyone,

I'm joining Medi today. Reading through the posts on this site helped me make the decision! I have my first appointmentin an hour. Very excited and hopefully determined enough to be a success. I have 30 pounds of marriage/baby weight that I have to get off!
Christine11999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 08:01 AM   #203
Junior LCF Member

Anyone have ideas for non refrigerated options for a travel day? I am going on field trip with school and want to stay on track for the day...we will be gone for 12 hours and no coolers allowed. I will bring Medi Weight Loss protein bar, maybe some celery, hard boiled egg? Just wondering if anyone has other ideas? Thanks.
Old 05-19-2014, 08:22 AM   #204
Senior LCF Member

Sweetsue, take some nuts and bbq zippers.

Welcome Christine!
Old 05-19-2014, 02:22 PM   #205
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunflower531 View Post
Sweetsue, take some nuts and bbq zippers.

Welcome Christine!

Good idea! Thx!
Old 05-22-2014, 05:57 PM   #206
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Christine11999
Start Date: 5-19-14
Checking in

So far I am loving this diet! I am finishing up day four and according to my scale I'm already down 6lbs! That is giving me the boost I need to keep going! I've overcome Crumbs cupcakes for a birthday celebration and my kids eating Doritos before.... I might actually have a shot at my goal if I can keep this up! How is everyone else doing?
Christine11999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 07:24 AM   #207
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: IMHopeful
It has been a year since I started with Medi. I lost 50 pounds in about 7 months. I have been on maintenance and check in monthly. My weight has varied 2-3 pounds. I'm up a little now but that was mostly due to water weight.

I am still eating low carb. I rarely eat any starches. I have added in a little extra fat. So far, so good. Do I wish I could go back to eating risotto and breads? Sometimes. I eat a little chocolate now and then and drink wine. I keep my calories at about 1200. I journal every now and then just to make sure I'm on target. I still try to eat about 550 of my calories in lean protein.

Do not think you will be able to go back to your old ways and maintain your weight loss. This plan worked for me, and believe me I am an (unsuccessful) veteran of a lot of other programs.

Good luck to all!
IMHopeful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 07:33 AM   #208
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMHopeful View Post
It has been a year since I started with Medi. I lost 50 pounds in about 7 months. I have been on maintenance and check in monthly. My weight has varied 2-3 pounds. I'm up a little now but that was mostly due to water weight.

I am still eating low carb. I rarely eat any starches. I have added in a little extra fat. So far, so good. Do I wish I could go back to eating risotto and breads? Sometimes. I eat a little chocolate now and then and drink wine. I keep my calories at about 1200. I journal every now and then just to make sure I'm on target. I still try to eat about 550 of my calories in lean protein.

Do not think you will be able to go back to your old ways and maintain your weight loss. This plan worked for me, and believe me I am an (unsuccessful) veteran of a lot of other programs.

Good luck to all!
I totally agree!! Losing the weight was the easy part....saying "No" to alot of sugars, starches, and carbs is easy if you know it's for a few months. The hard part is saying "No" for the rest of our lives to the majority of carbs, starches and definitely the sugars! But it can be done!
Old 05-23-2014, 07:36 AM   #209
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: IMHopeful
To answer some of your questions: I travel a lot and would always have raw almonds and turkey or beef jerky in my purse. This would get me through the day if I couldn't find anything healthy to eat. I did NOT buy any of the Medi food products. I ate "clean" -- no protein bars! I tried to eat "natural" as much as possible. Lean protein and a few veggies or side salad. And as nutritious as possible. I ate mostly berries for fruit and kept fruit at 1/2 serving if I drank a glass of wine. I would eat greek yogurt for my dairy, mostly for breakfast. As a treat I would eat a few tiny cubes of cheese. This seemed to keep me going and satisfied me.

I drank some dry white wine most weeks, so I think this slowed down my weight loss some. But I lost steady for several months. I found at restaurants it was quite easy to order a chicken sandwich without the bread with a side of broccoli. I still do this and find that most restaurants will do a good job of complying. Chili's has a chicken bacon avocado "sandwich" that is delicious.

I ate avocado or salad dressing for my fat. Sometimes both and that's probably another reason why I didn't lose weight as fast as others. I knew I needed to do this the rest of my life and I didn't really care that I was spending more money extending the process because this was the best investment I have ever made in my life!
IMHopeful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 02:57 PM   #210
Senior LCF Member

I am not happy with my clinic! Got my B12 injection yesterday morning, broke out in a rash by noon, my face started swelling when I went to bed. In the morning, face is totally swelled up...I call them to ask if it could be the shot, they said someone would call back, they never did. When I tried calling again it was closed for the day. Not happy! I've been telling the gal there that I have been extremely tired (another symptom, I have since found out...looked at it on the Web, turns out I have eight of the symptoms that are listed. So...note to all....you can have an allergic reaction to these shots, and it often will be after several injections.