Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2014, 08:20 AM   #391
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: katiebug66
Into day 2 - struggling a bit with what to eat. I am not used to this much salt. I drink a ton of water (even before medi) but I am hoping tonight's grilled chicken with different spices will help. Looking so forward to adding fruits and veggies.

I know it will get better but I am glad I prepaid because this is hard!
katiebug66 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-13-2014, 10:14 AM   #392
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dawnsch
Stats: 220/171/155
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: July 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by katiebug66 View Post
Into day 2 - struggling a bit with what to eat. I am not used to this much salt. I drink a ton of water (even before medi) but I am hoping tonight's grilled chicken with different spices will help. Looking so forward to adding fruits and veggies.

I know it will get better but I am glad I prepaid because this is hard!
I did eat a lot of pickles and sugar free jello the first week, now I very rarely have that, I am almost done with week 7, I prepaid too, then you are committed to do it. I will sign up again when I am done, there is a lot of support for me to keep going. Week one is the toughest for most people, how many calories do they have you on, I am still on 500 to 550, some days I feel like I am really hungry and I walk usually 10 miles every day. Good luck!
dawnsch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 10:41 AM   #393
Junior LCF Member

Dawn,

I am on 800-950 calories. Which is a lot more than most and I am having a hard time getting them in. I went to the fridge to get the protein shake I was going to have for lunch and someone had drank it. They had put a note but how do you accidentally do that? Thankfully, my boss who told me out the program had a shake so it worked out. I thought I would put my protein shake for lunch and break up some of the meat.

I am hungry but I am not struggling with that as much as eating all the calories (which sounds insane). I did have the idea of using some greek yogurt, mixing in some ranch seasoning and a dash of carbuster milk and making a ranch like dressing. Thoughts?

Can you give me a typical day of what you eat (beyond week one)?
Old 08-13-2014, 11:32 AM   #394
Senior LCF Member

hi Katiebugg! I would start eating the higher cal meat if you are really struggling to get it in, like salmon or beef if the number of times eating is brothering you. I don't find those shakes filling at all, try a double scoop of powder in 1 shake, now you have 200 cal vs 100, just an idea. I am pretty strict on following this, this would not be the case for any other diet, I was always hungry. My day is 150 cal for breakfast, lunch and dinner, then I would have 50 to 100 snack. Now every day, I did buy the protein bars they have, expensive but I like them for a treat. Typically, I would have egg beaters, usually 1/2 cup (70 cals) with some type of either turkey bacon or sausage (70-100) deli meat for lunch, just that usually maybe cottage cheese, sometimes shrimp or chicken breast, supper, I might make a hamburger wrapped in lettuce (week 2 for fruits,veggies) sometimes strawberries, blueberries measured out, I have been in the 500 to 600 range most days, especially 600 if I am walking 10 miles. I did a lot of deli meat the first week. Now, I did buy myself a very nice digital scale at discount store for 25.00 and it measures exactly oz. that would be a good thing to have, the one at the clinic I got was a waste of money. Get one that can TARE out the plate. I am most days quite stuffed on 5-600 unless I am really active. Dawn
Old 08-13-2014, 12:51 PM   #395
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: spinningblue
Stats: 221/205.2/150
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 07/20/2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmGal View Post
Congrats, Spinningblue! That's great! Numbers are moving in the right direction! What are you down to now?
OOooo---you're right! I forgot to update my stats! Let me do that now!
spinningblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 12:58 PM   #396
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Dawn,

I am on 800-950 calories. Which is a lot more than most and I am having a hard time getting them in. I went to the fridge to get the protein shake I was going to have for lunch and someone had drank it. They had put a note but how do you accidentally do that? Thankfully, my boss who told me out the program had a shake so it worked out. I thought I would put my protein shake for lunch and break up some of the meat.

I am hungry but I am not struggling with that as much as eating all the calories (which sounds insane). I did have the idea of using some greek yogurt, mixing in some ranch seasoning and a dash of carbuster milk and making a ranch like dressing. Thoughts?

Can you give me a typical day of what you eat (beyond week one)?
My first week was tough, too - and I did have trouble getting in all of my calories. I also got really tired of meat! I usually had a shake for breakfast and then a boiled egg and some deli meat for lunch. Then dinner would be something like a hamburger patty or a chicken breast or fish or boiled shrimp. The boiled eggs help a LOT! I do have to admit though - I'm kind of sick of them by now.

Last edited by spinningblue; 08-13-2014 at 01:01 PM..
Old 08-13-2014, 05:38 PM   #397
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Motivated
Stats: 254/248/170
WOE: Medi
Start Date: August 2014
Wow!!! All of the weight loss is so motivating!! Well, I took my first step and made my first appt. I go next Tuesday morning for my initial appt. Here we go!! I'm so ready to see less of me.
Motivated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 06:00 PM   #398
Junior LCF Member

Dawn, 32 lbs in less than a month!!! WOW!! OMG!!! Awesome job!!! I know it's going to take a lot of dedication and determination on my end. My journey begins next Tuesday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnsch View Post
hey there! Started June 30 and now 32 lbs down with the program! I did go out after my appt. and celebrated but ate 2 eggs and bacon while my friend ate strawberry waffle. How is everyone else doing?

There is a process called ketogenic flu when we switch from going to glucose burning to fat burning, that is why we are so sick feeling he first week you are on the program.
Old 08-13-2014, 07:05 PM   #399
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motivated View Post
Dawn, 32 lbs in less than a month!!! WOW!! OMG!!! Awesome job!!! I know it's going to take a lot of dedication and determination on my end. My journey begins next Tuesday.
Good Luck! I really started losing when I really committed to doing this and walking (every day like 9-10 miles) I have done a lot of research and really understand nutritional ketosis. I have not gone off track yet and just stay focused on doing the program. My husband who is just doing it with me on the side is down 28 lbs since I started. We have been reading a lot about the ketone type diets and it really helps to understand why you want to be in ketosis. Keep me posted on how you are doing! Dawn
Old 08-14-2014, 07:27 AM   #400
Junior LCF Member

Was so ready to quit last night but was in ketosis this morning. Yay!
Old 08-14-2014, 08:56 AM   #401
Junior LCF Member

I sure will!!! I will look up the ketone type diet and do my own research on ketosis today. 9-10 miles per day??!!!! I get winded doing a couple of miles. Awesome!

Quote:
Good Luck! I really started losing when I really committed to doing this and walking (every day like 9-10 miles) I have done a lot of research and really understand nutritional ketosis. I have not gone off track yet and just stay focused on doing the program. My husband who is just doing it with me on the side is down 28 lbs since I started. We have been reading a lot about the ketone type diets and it really helps to understand why you want to be in ketosis. Keep me posted on how you are doing! Dawn
Old 08-14-2014, 02:40 PM   #402
Senior LCF Member

staying motivated

hi all---hope we all are staying on track and staying motivated, today I returned to work after 8 weeks off, now I am like the rest of you! the work place setting certainly is challenging, today there were bagels, donuts etc. I tell myself---I can have that but I choose not too. Staying motivated is and probably all are challenging. Hang in there if you feel like quitting, remember the reason why you started! My husband tells me and reminds me, "keep your dirty little hands off that" Dawn
Old 08-14-2014, 02:42 PM   #403
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Was so ready to quit last night but was in ketosis this morning. Yay!
Hang in there, you can do this! I know you can!
Old 08-14-2014, 05:01 PM   #404
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
hi all---hope we all are staying on track and staying motivated, today I returned to work after 8 weeks off, now I am like the rest of you! the work place setting certainly is challenging, today there were bagels, donuts etc. I tell myself---I can have that but I choose not too. Staying motivated is and probably all are challenging. Hang in there if you feel like quitting, remember the reason why you started! My husband tells me and reminds me, "keep your dirty little hands off that" Dawn

You've got this! You can do it!
Old 08-15-2014, 08:01 AM   #405
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Lynnea
Stats: 192/180/155 5'3"
WOE: Medi-Weight Loss Plan
Start Date: Aug 2014 Restart
I've restarted after great success two years ago.
Yesterday was my first weigh-in after one week. I lost 4.8 lbs and that's very good. However, it was all fluid and I GAINED 3 lbs of fat.
I have been in ketosis since day 3 and don't understand why I wasn't burning fat. I stuck to the diet. My clinic said sometimes that happens and suggested being sure I was eating enough protein and not drinking over 128 oz fluids.. Can anyone explain how that happened?
While I am pleased to be down 4.8 lbs, I was hoping it was fat mass.
Lynnea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 02:05 PM   #406
Junior LCF Member

Lynnlea - where in Alabama are you? I am in Southeast, AL
Old 08-16-2014, 08:04 AM   #407
Junior LCF Member

Dawn, how's it going now that school has started? Just checking in on you..

I was going to get up and go to the gym today for the elliptical since my knee has been bothering me, but then I remembered there is a concert this afternoon at the local winery, so I decided to put on my tennis shoes and take my walk around the vineyard later..
Old 08-16-2014, 08:39 AM   #408
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Lynnea
Stats: 192/180/155 5'3"
WOE: Medi-Weight Loss Plan
Start Date: Aug 2014 Restart
Quote:
Lynnlea - where in Alabama are you? I am in Southeast, AL
Hi Katiebug, I'm in northeast Alabama. About 50 miles north of B'ham.
Lynnea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 01:30 PM   #409
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinningblue View Post
Dawn, how's it going now that school has started? Just checking in on you..

I was going to get up and go to the gym today for the elliptical since my knee has been bothering me, but then I remembered there is a concert this afternoon at the local winery, so I decided to put on my tennis shoes and take my walk around the vineyard later..
Hi Spinningblue---I am still on track, no cheating, but work is going to be a challenge, yesterday at school there were 3 boxes of donuts, then the principal ordered 30 pizzas at school for kids that completed a summer school program. I was off my appetite suppressant after the first week but now decided I will have to take it till I get stronger with my emotions about it. when you are off like for 8 weeks, I am not facing desserts food in the home setting. I don't want to back track, I am off 34 lbs now, my husband is doing it on his own and he is 31 lbs. He tells me to stop and tell myself it is not worth getting out of ketosis. So that is my plan short term in order to stay successful, thanks for asking! How are you doing?
Old 08-17-2014, 02:03 PM   #410
Junior LCF Member

Dawn, 34 pounds is amazing!! My goal by October 7th is 35 - that's when we are taking our first big vacation.

I woke up exhausted today only to realize it's that TOM. My weight still looks good though, so that makes me happy! I'm still going down and I will weigh myself tomorrow.

Last week I made my next appointment for two weeks out (I'm doing pay as you go), so I'll be weighing at home tomorrow.

Also, I finally broke down and did my grocery shopping at Wal Mart yesterday, which is something I NEVER do. I couldn't believe how much bigger the selections were for this WOE. I even found flat out bread that I can use for a low carb pizza recipe. I'm making it tonight!
Old 08-17-2014, 04:57 PM   #411
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: mrsprice
Stats: 179.2/168/150 (5'6)
WOE: Medi weightloss
Hello everyone!

I started Medi last Wednesday, and I have not lost a pound! I am on a 650-750 diet, but it is hard for me to eat 650 with the appetite suppressants. I know I should not have been on the scale, but I couldn't help it! I feel really discouraged!! I only have 8 weeks to lose 30 pounds! And I pre-paid!! Any thoughts???
mrsprice is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 07:05 PM   #412
Junior LCF Member

My first weigh in is tomorrow! A tough week but I am excited to see what the results are tomorrow. I'll keep you posted.
Old 08-17-2014, 07:48 PM   #413
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsprice View Post
Hello everyone!

I started Medi last Wednesday, and I have not lost a pound! I am on a 650-750 diet, but it is hard for me to eat 650 with the appetite suppressants. I know I should not have been on the scale, but I couldn't help it! I feel really discouraged!! I only have 8 weeks to lose 30 pounds! And I pre-paid!! Any thoughts???
hi and welcome! you need to give the program time, you have not been in ketosis long at all, if you are doing the program as prescribed, it will work, I have off 34 lbs in 6 weeks and my husband, who is doing it on the side with me not through the clinic loss 30 in about 5 weeks. That is my advice to you. Check your ketones daily and see if you are in ketosis. You are making your body go from a carb/glucose burning machine into using ketones for your fuel, it takes time for your body to switch over. Dawn
Old 08-17-2014, 07:50 PM   #414
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
My first weigh in is tomorrow! A tough week but I am excited to see what the results are tomorrow. I'll keep you posted.
Good Luck! I weigh in tomorrow too but have been more stressed lately, I am sure it will affect my weight loss! keep us posted! Dawn
Old 08-17-2014, 07:59 PM   #415
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinningblue View Post
Dawn, 34 pounds is amazing!! My goal by October 7th is 35 - that's when we are taking our first big vacation.

I woke up exhausted today only to realize it's that TOM. My weight still looks good though, so that makes me happy! I'm still going down and I will weigh myself tomorrow.

Last week I made my next appointment for two weeks out (I'm doing pay as you go), so I'll be weighing at home tomorrow.

Also, I finally broke down and did my grocery shopping at Wal Mart yesterday, which is something I NEVER do. I couldn't believe how much bigger the selections were for this WOE. I even found flat out bread that I can use for a low carb pizza recipe. I'm making it tonight!
Hi Spinningblue! that pizza sounds awesome! You should make your goal, for me the longer I was on the program, the more it started coming off, some research is saying it takes your body about 4 weeks to really be in nutritional ketosis. My kids are driving me crazy today, my daughter is just not nice to my husband some days, she is 16. I have decided that my weight loss seems to be slowing down since I added fruit so I am not doing fruit and doing 2 veggies instead, I think the carb number is too high. Now the last 3 days I have been eating fruit with cool whip, so I need to knock that off too. I am a stress eater and need to stop that thought process. I will have to try that bread too. I am going to ask to increase my calories tomorrow, 500=550 just isn't enough with me going back to work. keep me posted, sounds like you are doing awesome! Dawn
Old 08-17-2014, 08:02 PM   #416
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynnea View Post
I've restarted after great success two years ago.
Yesterday was my first weigh-in after one week. I lost 4.8 lbs and that's very good. However, it was all fluid and I GAINED 3 lbs of fat.
I have been in ketosis since day 3 and don't understand why I wasn't burning fat. I stuck to the diet. My clinic said sometimes that happens and suggested being sure I was eating enough protein and not drinking over 128 oz fluids.. Can anyone explain how that happened?
While I am pleased to be down 4.8 lbs, I was hoping it was fat mass.
Welcome Lynnea---give it time, it will balance out in a few weeks!

Keep us posted how you are doing! Dawn
Old 08-17-2014, 08:38 PM   #417
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nykhoel
Stats: 311/275/175
WOE: Medi weight loss
Start Date: 7/21/14
Haven't been on in a few days, welcome to the new members! First week is the most frustrating for sure. I have lost about 12 pounds in 3 weeks with medi, which is all fat loss. My water weight has essentially stayed the same or even increased slightly each week. My weigh ins are on Tuesdays, so this Tuesday will be one month of doing this. I'm just the last few days starting to feel a difference. Not to be "TMI", but my bras are on the tightest hooks as opposed to the loosest at the start.
The hardest part is to continue on a plan without seeing results. My best advice to everyone if you aren't losing is to quit weighing yourself so much and keep drinking water. If you're having trouble eating your calories, don't take the appetite suppressant. I found myself taking it on a schedule with my other supplements until I thought about it and realized I should only take it when I'm feeling really hungry and it's between meals or something. I'm prescribed it 3 times a day! I take it once or MAYBE twice a day. Other days I don't take it at all.
I need to up my exercise. Thinking about using a running app. It's finally cooling down so I'm hoping to spend more time outside. Stick with it everyone... You'll get there!
nykhoel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 07:10 AM   #418
Junior LCF Member

I did my weigh in at home today and had a nice 2.2 pound loss!

This is especially exciting since I am at the beginning of my TOM and I have some serious water weight right now.

...running off to change my stats!
Old 08-18-2014, 08:05 AM   #419
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: mrsprice
Stats: 179.2/168/150 (5'6)
WOE: Medi weightloss
Thanks for your support Dawn! I am just so nervous that this, just like everything else I've tried, will not work. But I'm hanging in there! I weigh in for the first time in two days! Does anyone know how they determine our caloric intake? What's it based off?
mrsprice is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 09:48 AM   #420
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: LowCarb10
Stats: 171/160.5/140
WOE: Medi WeightLoss
Start Date: April 29, 2014
Just checking in! Congrats to everyone on their weight loss. I restarted a little over a week ago and its been great. I even went away this weekend and stayed totally on plan... the medi chocolate sensations really help me stay on plan... perfect after dinner or afternoon treat when I just really want some chocolate!
LowCarb10 is offline   Reply With Quote