Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2014, 06:00 PM   #301
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dawnsch
Stats: 220/151/140
WOE: Medi
Start Date: June 2014
week2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabbysouthernbelle View Post
Tried posting last night, but it looks like it didn't go through. Grrrr.
I am currently going to a clinic for now. Not sure how long due to finances.

Today (week 1day3) went rather well, only a little hunger pangs. I stayed strong when my daughter gave me candy (I am a chocoholic) and only pretended to eat it.
When you get to week 2, you can have some nuts, I do almonds and that really helps but it is only 12! I do that for my fat I am suppose to have. I too love chocolate, ice cream and cakes! have not had any for 5 weeks and it gets easier but I still want them occasionally.
dawnsch is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-26-2014, 09:53 PM   #302
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nykhoel
Stats: 311/264/175
WOE: Medi weight loss
Start Date: 7/21/14
Tabby-way to go on resisting! That's the hardest part we all have to learn I think, resisting when it's right in front of us. I started a new weekend job today taking care of someone who is wheelchair bound. He likes to get out and go to lunch. It was difficult to say no to his repeated offers to buy lunch for me and eat my boring yogurt and tuna for lunch. But another day down makes it feel like a victory! Are you guys telling all of your friends and family about this? I feel like it's a little difficult to explain and seems extreme to people that are not educated on it all.
nykhoel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 11:10 PM   #303
Junior LCF Member

Start Date: July 23, 2014
Thanks dawnsch! I haven't had the almonds yet, although my clinic said I could this week.
Nykhoel- I have not told everyone about how restrictive it is. Most I just explain that I am eating only protein until the second week when I will add vegetables/ fruits. I have explained more thoroughly to a couple of people. They seem to be fine with it, especially after I explain the blood tests, EKG, and supervision involved.
Tabbysouthernbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 07:32 AM   #304
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: spinningblue
Stats: 221/205.2/150
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 07/20/2014
Hey guys- I start week two today, though I don't have my visit until tomorrow. I never thought I would want a salad so badly! I've told a couple of co-workers that I'm on a diet (mainly due to the fact that we are all women and everyone is on some kind of a diet) - and that I was having mostly meat the first week.

The one thing I didn't mention is the low calorie count. I think some of them might freak over that! Last night was my first really bad craving night. I think I was just in a down mood and wanted SOMETHING to make me feel better. I'm going to have to learn to get past that.

I held out though and had some diet strawberry poweraid when I got home and I was fine. My appointment and weigh in is tomorrow and I'm glad. I want to find out more about week 2.

Do any of you use an online tracker? I downloaded that this morning and plan to use it with my Fitbit to track my food and exercise.
spinningblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 07:41 AM   #305
Senior LCF Member

Hi---I have done an online tracker but my Jawbone Up 24 tracks everything for me, I can even scan a label and it reads it, I think it is good but even though I track on Jawbone, I have to do my daily journal for them. The Jawbone even tracks water and tells me when I am suppose to drink water. Any of this is good as long as you use it. I weigh in tomorrow so I am hoping my 8 mile walks are paying off. If you wonder how I get that in, I do 2 walks daily and with being a school nurse, I am off for 8 weeks, soon to go back in 3 and that is when the challenge for me comes in, there is food all over at the schools. Parents constantly bringing in treats for staff all the time! The more you track what you put in makes weight loss successful. Dawn
Old 07-27-2014, 07:49 AM   #306
Senior LCF Member

nobodies business

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabbysouthernbelle View Post
Thanks dawnsch! I haven't had the almonds yet, although my clinic said I could this week.
Nykhoel- I have not told everyone about how restrictive it is. Most I just explain that I am eating only protein until the second week when I will add vegetables/ fruits. I have explained more thoroughly to a couple of people. They seem to be fine with it, especially after I explain the blood tests, EKG, and supervision involved.
I am at the point I really don't discuss what I am doing, most people do not understand if you are on 500 calories etc anyways, I am just not wasting my time on that and having to justify what I am doing. Being morbidly overweight is a huge risk factor for heart disease, diabetes, metabolic syndrome, pain, depression, isolation etc. That to me is a far greater health concern than trying to explain to some person who maybe never had a weight issue or any issues since their life is perfect that for now, this diet is what I need to do. I would only tell my only trusted supportive friends, most people make judgements all the time and if you are overweight, you are judged by a lot of people. Just my thoughts on that. I only told 1 friend and she starting arguing with me about my start weight and just ridiculous. I don't even discuss it with her since she just doesn't get it. I weigh in tomorrow, 4 weeks done! start week 5 Monday. Dawn
Old 07-27-2014, 10:20 AM   #307
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Sjudi
Hi, my name is Judi and I just started Medi weightloss last Tuesday.
I am so far holding up and in mild ketosis. Started at 185 and am hoping to get to 145-150
I am 51 and in full blown menopause. It started last year and I gained 30 lbs. I was so miserable with the mood swings and multiple hot flashes. My Gyn put me on HRT and my Dr. Put me on 75 mgs Zoloft. I am now on only 25 mgs Zoloft now. And have the depression under controll. Medi weight loss is already helping. I am not getting on the scale till I have my appointment on Tues. morning. Hopefully it is good.
The reason for my post is support! We all need to celebrate each other's victories and console each other for our setbacks. I look forward to chatting with all of you.
BTW. Pickles are a lifesaver!!!!!!!!
Sjudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 10:34 AM   #308
Senior LCF Member

welcome Judi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sjudi View Post
I am so far holding up and in mild ketosis. Started at 185 and am hoping to get to 145-150
I am 51 and in full blown menopause. It started last year and I gained 30 lbs. I was so miserable with the mood swings and multiple hot flashes. My Gyn put me on HRT and my Dr. Put me on 75 mgs Zoloft. I am now on only 25 mgs Zoloft now. And have the depression under controll. Medi weight loss is already helping. I am not getting on the scale till I have my appointment on Tues. morning. Hopefully it is good.
The reason for my post is support! We all need to celebrate each other's victories and console each other for our setbacks. I look forward to chatting with all of you.
Hi Judi--Welcome and good luck! I am 52 so I haven't had menopause yet and not looking forward to it. I don't think that is any fun! Good that you are slowing improving and getting off the meds, that will help with weight loss. Taking control of your weight will help and get you back on track. Remember to drink lots of fluids and exercise lightly if you can like walking. I am getting done with week 4 and go again to my appt. tomorrow. Keep me posted and welcome! Dawn
Old 07-27-2014, 12:30 PM   #309
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: 1964pandora
Stats: 185/178/145
Start Date: July 2014
Hello, all.

I am down 7 pounds in 4 days. I don't weigh myself every day or I start gong crazy weighing myself several times a day. Also, over the years I noticed that I often went off plan after weighing myself. If the news was good, I found myself going off plan later in the day. If it was bad, same thing. I have to weigh myself only to gather info about whether what I am doing is working.

Anyway, had trouble on day 3 at night. Ate about two cups of wheat thins. Thought about why I had done that and I realized that I just have to eat the 500 calories at about 9:30 p.m. If I am hungry when I go to bed, I will eventually throw in the towel and get up and eat. I've determined that the only thing that works for me is to do what all the experts say not to do-- eat late at night.

I mention this boring story because I am realizing, at age 50, after years of dieting, that I have to do what actually works for me and not what some experts/plans tell you to do. For years, I listened to people who said breakfast is the most important meal of the day, and if you don't eat it, you will eat more at night because you'll be starving. Well, that doesn't work for me, because I still eat at night.

So, it's nice to be 50 and finally able to make decisions about what works and doesn't work for me when it comes to losing weight. If something is going wrong, save the food for your problem times.

Glad you all are here and to answer the question-- I don't tell anyone what I'm doing. That's also something else I've learned the hard way even though the expert advice is to tell everyone so that you are forced to follow through. When I lose weight, I tell people I had a thyroid problem. I don't like to lie, but I know that people view fat people as always fat even when they are thin, and I don't want to be viewed that way, so I paint it as a temporary health problem. It's partly true, because I do have hypothyroidism and take synthroid.

I hope everyone has a great day. Think of where you want to be and let's all lose this and join each other on a maintenance thread!!!

I am down 7 with at least 28 more to go. I know that much of the loss is water, but I have to have a moving scale or I throw in the towel. Something else I've learned over the years. I have to see quicker results or I will quit.

Best,

Susan

P.S. Dawn, are you almost to your goal weight? Am I reading yiur stats correctly that u started at 220 and are now at 155?!

Last edited by 1964pandora; 07-27-2014 at 12:35 PM..
1964pandora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 12:52 PM   #310
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1964pandora View Post
Hello, all.

I am down 7 pounds in 4 days. I don't weigh myself every day or I start gong crazy weighing myself several times a day. Also, over the years I noticed that I often went off plan after weighing myself. If the news was good, I found myself going off plan later in the day. If it was bad, same thing. I have to weigh myself only to gather info about whether what I am doing is working.

Anyway, had trouble on day 3 at night. Ate about two cups of wheat thins. Thought about why I had done that and I realized that I just have to eat the 500 calories at about 9:30 p.m. If I am hungry when I go to bed, I will eventually throw in the towel and get up and eat. I've determined that the only thing that works for me is to do what all the experts say not to do-- eat late at night.

I mention this boring story because I am realizing, at age 50, after years of dieting, that I have to do what actually works for me and not what some experts/plans tell you to do. For years, I listened to people who said breakfast is the most important meal of the day, and if you don't eat it, you will eat more at night because you'll be starving. Well, that doesn't work for me, because I still eat at night.

So, it's nice to be 50 and finally able to make decisions about what works and doesn't work for me when it comes to losing weight. If something is going wrong, save the food for your problem times.

Glad you all are here and to answer the question-- I don't tell anyone what I'm doing. That's also something else I've learned the hard way even though the expert advice is to tell everyone so that you are forced to follow through. When I lose weight, I tell people I had a thyroid problem. I don't like to lie, but I know that people view fat people as always fat even when they are thin, and I don't want to be viewed that way, so I paint it as a temporary health problem. It's partly true, because I do have hypothyroidism and take synthroid.

I hope everyone has a great day. Think of where you want to be and let's all lose this and join each other on a maintenance thread!!!

I am down 7 with at least 28 more to go. I know that much of the loss is water, but I have to have a moving scale or I throw in the towel. Something else I've learned over the years. I have to see quicker results or I will quit.

Best,

Susan

P.S. Dawn, are you almost to your goal weight? Am I reading yiur stats correctly that u started at 220 and are now at 155?!
P.P.S. Foods that are helping-- YES pickles. I buy the sugar free sweet pickles, but dill is good too. Also, a whole container of chicken broth a day which is only 40 calories for the good stuff and sugar free jello if I need it. I like the Dannon Oikos cucumber dill but after week 1. What r your favorite "free" foods?

Last edited by 1964pandora; 07-27-2014 at 12:54 PM.. Reason: Err
Old 07-27-2014, 12:53 PM   #311
Junior LCF Member

Sorry I didn't mean to quote my long post and respond. I need to learn how to post here.
Old 07-27-2014, 02:14 PM   #312
Senior LCF Member

hi Susan, you are reading stats wrong, how you post is start weight, present weight and goal weight. I should be down 26 since I started 4 weeks ago. I wish I was at goal. For some reason, this weight is like melting since I have been walking 8-10 miles a day or my scale is wrong which I don't think it is (brand new one) . I know I feel like a cheat myself but then I am only hurting my progress. I been slacking on the water today so I better drink some more. Eventually, we have to determine what is going to work or not work in our lifestyle. Dawn
Old 07-27-2014, 02:17 PM   #313
Senior LCF Member

Free foods

I occasionally do a pickle or S-F jello but the longer I am in the program the less I do them. I am not sure why but just don't feel like eating that stuff I guess.
Old 07-27-2014, 03:11 PM   #314
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnsch View Post
I occasionally do a pickle or S-F jello but the longer I am in the program the less I do them. I am not sure why but just don't feel like eating that stuff I guess.
What are you eating, just whole foods? The S-F jello is just garbage nutritionally, so I should find some substitutes. Thx for explaining the weight stats.
Old 07-27-2014, 04:25 PM   #315
Senior LCF Member

calories

Quote:
What are you eating, just whole foods? The S-F jello is just garbage nutritionally, so I should find some substitutes. Thx for explaining the weight stats.
I stay on track with 500-550 calories and just do it, I don't do recipes and really only eat whole food. I have no problem eating cottage cheese, Canadian bacon, deli meat, shrimp, steak, tuna, egg whites, I try to do 150 calories for main meals and 2 snacks for 100 total. I stop eating at 5 usually and just drink a lot of water in the evening. Last few days I don't feel like drinking water. I do like the medi bars they have but they are expensive and are 100 calories but it feels like a treat, that is it. When you are doing that few of calories that is what I like to do. Dawn
Old 07-28-2014, 01:30 PM   #316
Senior LCF Member

appt today

well I completed 4 weeks today, loss 27 lbs in 4 weeks and clinic said I was doing great. I really wanted to get a cupcake to celebrate but went shopping instead and got a new pair of exercise capris. I am doing alot of walking which they said probably was why I was losing so much (8-10 miles a day and doing an exercise dvd too) the true challenge for me will be when I return to work like most people. I have the luxury of being off and for the first time, trying to take care of myself. As a nurse, I take care of everyone but me. So hope everyone else is going great too.
Old 07-28-2014, 05:46 PM   #317
Junior LCF Member

Went for my week 2 appointment and had lost 10.4 pounds!!

I'm SO excited. I'm about to go out with the man and have some nice boiled shrimp. I know that next week will continue to be challenging, but this is something I have to do!
Old 07-28-2014, 07:25 PM   #318
Senior LCF Member

congrats!
Old 07-29-2014, 06:51 AM   #319
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: FarmGal
Stats: 218/203.8/150
WOE: Medi-Weightloss w/o the pills and clinic
Start Date: 07/21/14
Good morning Everyone! Just quickly checking in. I've had my 14 month old grandson every day for several days now and don't have an extra minute for myself! That's ok, though. I love having him. Anyway, congrats on all the losses I see! Everyone is doing so great. KUTGW! I'll try and check in again soon!
FarmGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 08:13 AM   #320
Senior LCF Member

busy

FarmGal--I have a 3 y/o grandson, I know what you mean, I don't get anything done with him either and my 2 new puppies are like twin babies! how are you doing on your own? Dawn
Old 07-29-2014, 12:45 PM   #321
Junior LCF Member

Do you ever just want SOMETHING? I don't even know what I'm craving, so I know it's mental. Suggestions?
Old 07-29-2014, 02:26 PM   #322
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinningblue View Post
Do you ever just want SOMETHING? I don't even know what I'm craving, so I know it's mental. Suggestions?
yeah---I know that feeling. Go get a glass of water! or sugar free drink, that is what I do. I made these brownies from my Medi Weight loss cookbook last night, I really wanted the whole pan, well I cut them up in 16, then I took one, I had such a desire to eat more and I did get one more. Then I froze the rest. Not good. I don't think I can make that stuff.
Old 07-29-2014, 04:23 PM   #323
Junior LCF Member

Start Date: July 23, 2014
Haven't been here in a couple days bw registering kids for school, son's dental emergencies, and (like Dawn) a new puppy.
Way to go on all the losses! I have been doing well ( still no ketosis). Technically the sticks are still good, but I read if they had been incorrectly stored it could effect accuracy. I go to my first weigh in tomorrow. So excited as I can feel my jeans are looser.
Tabbysouthernbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 04:32 PM   #324
Senior LCF Member

ketosis

I would get a new bottle of strips, they need to be stored air tight and if they are in the wrong area of the house with moisture, that can effect them. I know I am in ketosis since I have a taste in my mouth I did not have and my mouth feels drier to me. do you have any of those symptoms? Good luck tomorrow! Keep us posted!

I have 2 new puppies too! They are exhausting me! Dawn
Old 07-29-2014, 08:46 PM   #325
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nykhoel
Stats: 311/264/175
WOE: Medi weight loss
Start Date: 7/21/14
Had a super busy last few days as well. Started a new weekend job, which is awesome and good pay. I mad buffalo chicken in the crockpot Sunday. Something went wrong because both my husband and I were in the bathroom Monday all day. It was exhausting. I had my first weigh in Monday night. I thought well hey, that should cause a weight loss for sure! I have been following the plan exactly, with he exception of one single bite of a French fry.
I lost 3 measley pounds. I was so disappointed, overly tired, and fed up I burst into tears. I thought for sure I would lose more. The MA did point out that I lost 6 lbs of fat, but apparently gained some water weight? They told me my water weight was high to begin with so I would probably see that drop. Yet it did not. Also, my blood pressure went from its normal 105/75 up to 122/94. That's a significant jump in my eyes. I came home and felt as if the longest week of my life where I was miserable feeling and moody was not worth 3 lbs!
But today is a new day and I'm going to give this a solid month before I decide otherwise. One thing I though of is my initial weigh in was late morning and this second week appointment was in the evening. I decided to try to mAke all of my appointments for the morning, when I will weigh the least. Adding in veggies is a life saver. But my favorites aren't allowed (carrots and peas!)
The doctor also. Went over my blood work. She was pleasantly surprised to see that I had near perfect results. I'm young, but severely obese (almost 300lbs), yet all of my numbers are perfect. Im Curious to see if all of this meat affects me negatively.
The advice to sip on chicken broth is great. I add a sprinkle of mrs. Dash to it to jazz it up. I eat tuna almost every day. Veggie burgers and a little melted low fat cheese is good. Eggs I the morning a lot. I'm starting to feel fuller longer and my mood is improving.
How exciting everyone got puppies! What kind?? I have two dogs myself, a 16lb beagle and a 65 lb lab mix. They're the sweetest and best friends.
nykhoel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 06:58 AM   #326
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sjudi View Post
Welcome, Judi! I am in menopause, too and the hot flashes and night sweats have been unbearable. This has been going on for about 3 years, but if I follow the medi plan or strict low carb, they completely go away. Hopefully, this will work the same for you. Good luck and I'm glad you joined us!
Old 07-30-2014, 07:09 AM   #327
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Hello, all.

Best,

Susan

Congrats on the loss, Susan! The older I've gotten the more, I too, have realized that nutrition and/or dieting is not the "one size fits all" deal that the so called experts dish out. I have never been a big breakfast eater, so why should I force myself to eat when I'm not hungry? Isn't eating when I'm not hungry what got me here in the first place?

I am hypothyroid, too and started armour thyroid in May. The more days you are on this plan, the more your hunger and cravings should subside. That's why, unless somethings changed with the plan, (I'm doing it at home this time) you eat all protein the first week. Yesterday, I had very little to eat and had to remind myself to eat last night to get the calories in.

Anyway, good luck to you. Glad you're here with us!

~*~The next month is going to pass by in a flash and you can either gain, stay the same or lose. Which one is it going to be?~*~

Old 07-30-2014, 07:16 AM   #328
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnsch View Post
FarmGal--I have a 3 y/o grandson, I know what you mean, I don't get anything done with him either and my 2 new puppies are like twin babies! how are you doing on your own? Dawn
Hi Dawn,

Now I know why God gives you children when you're young! I wouldn't have the energy at nearly 50! LOL

I'm doing good on my own, thanks for asking. I've gone to the medi clinic before, but I never took the shots or pills so there's no need for me to pay to go there. I've lost 9.2 lbs. since the 21st. My problem is not getting the weight off. It's keeping it off. I always revert back to my old habits thinking, I've lost it all and stupidly think I can keep it off by eating the old way. Duh! LOL This time I'd like to stick with low carb unless it's a special event or for a treat. I think I'll be able to keep it off if I stick with low carb the majority of the time.
Old 07-30-2014, 09:07 AM   #329
Senior LCF Member

hi FarmGal--- I agree with you, keeping it off is the real challenge for me too. I like going out to eat and treats etc. I think you can do this on your own and when you see everyone on this forum doing it you wonder why I am spending money. My husband is doing it with me on his own and he loss 23 lbs so far. So he is happy with this. I will keep going to clinic for now. Take care and keep up the good work! Dawn
Old 07-31-2014, 08:07 AM   #330
Junior LCF Member

Dawn, your stats look like mine except you are further along! It's exciting to watch someone who is just a bit ahead of me and know that I can keep going.

How is everyone today?