Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2014, 03:10 PM   #271
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: FarmGal
Stats: 218/203.8/150
WOE: Medi-Weightloss w/o the pills and clinic
Start Date: 07/21/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by rl2b View Post
FarmGal, thanks for the note in my journal. I had to look you up ~smile~. I have to say that I agree with the lack of support from my local clinic. It does make me think about just doing it from home. Anyway, I have been doing this for 11 weeks and am down 34#. The last few weeks I have only lost 1.5# which is a little frustrating but at least it's going in the right direction. It sure would be nice if it would come off quicker, but I think it might be a good thing so my skin gets to recover a bit.

Good losing thoughts for all of you!
Roseanne
Roseanne,

You're welcome! I had read in several different places on the internet about people going to Medi clinics and getting all this one on one counseling and help with different issues, etc. I never got that and just figured I can follow the program at home and get support here. Way cheaper that way. lol

I hesitate to suggest this to you because I don't want to be the cause of a backslide for you or anything like that, but have you considered carbing up one day? I did that while doing Medi and it worked really well. When the scale wouldn't move, I'd take one day and go off the plan. The next day the scale would go up a bit and then it would start moving down again in anywhere from 2-3 days. I'd go back down to the number I was stuck at and then surpass it. It's like my body was getting wise to what I was doing and I'd have to trick it and give it a kick start again. I think that's the thought process behind diets like JUDDD and the IF (intermittent fasting) plans. Just a thought. Don't do it if you think it will mess you up.

~*~The next month is going to pass by in a flash and you can either gain, stay the same or lose. Which one is it going to be?~*~

FarmGal is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-22-2014, 03:17 PM   #272
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nykhoel
Stats: 311/275/175
WOE: Medi weight loss
Start Date: 7/21/14
UOTE=dawnsch;16982070]hi again---I am not doing the mid week shot, I just don't see a burst of energy with it after 4 weeks. Some people say it really helps but I did buy the B melts online from their site if I feel like taking at the end of the week, I thought that is better than an IM injection. Just my thoughts and I don't like shots anyways![/QUOTE]

I'm still reading and learning what I can about the extras and supplements, its certainly a lot to take in at once! If you don't mind explaining, what are the B melts and do they help you with snack cravings? Today is really the first full day and its not easy. Im struggling with what to have for a snack besides the yogurt! I am used to eating meat maybe 2-3 times a week so to be eating mostly only meat is so bizarre to me. I'm glad I have some time off from work to get through this week.
nykhoel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 03:17 PM   #273
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnsch View Post
Hi FarmGal! yes that is right, they said I am doing great on the program, I have committed to walking daily about 12 to 17000 steps a day, that is probably why I am losing good they said, I got the Jawbone Up 24 so I can track steps, activity and sleep. I like it and it really motivates me. I tried a regular pedometer an just don't work with my walking stride, I am 5'4 with a 19 stride so it never seems to click with the cheap one. My husband is doing this too, on his own, and doing good with it. Keep me posted on how you are doing! I never did any of those challenges yet and this is the first time I ever joined a forum like this. I can't figure out even how to put my pic on!
Dawn, that is SO great! I'm so happy for you!

I'm going to try and slowly start incorporating some kind of exercise. I have fibromyalgia and exercise just wears me out, but I really need to start doing something. I looked up that Jawbone thing and it looks interesting. I'd never heard of it before. I might consider getting one. Have a great evening!
Old 07-22-2014, 03:21 PM   #274
Senior LCF Member

Oh and by the way to everyone here, my center is accepting as of a week ago. So my visits will be only thecost of my normal copay! It's definitely worth it to see if you can get anything covered. My insurance was also willing to foot some of the bill as I get free unlimited nutritional consults. This was a huge factor in me being able to afford this.
Old 07-22-2014, 03:26 PM   #275
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nykhoel View Post
Hey guys! I just joined medi yesterday and I am nervous and excited. I don't eat a lot of meat, so week one is going to be challenging. It was tough to visit the grocery store and buy what seemed random to me. Eggs, string cheese, some chicken, water. I kept imagining recipes in my head as I shopped and realized how little I will be actually eating this week. I ended up doing eggs which im not a fan of, and sausage for dinner. Today im going to branch out and try to grill some chicken up. Any recommendations on how to flavor it?
A question for you guys too. The center I visited barely mentioned ketosis and certainly didn't give me anything to test if I'm in ketosis. Is this something I should inquire about?
Im a weight watchers drop out (about 4 months and I lost 15#, I did keep it off). I enjoyed the social aspect and the accountability but they pushed so much artificial crap I couldn't relate.
I have a long journey ahead of me, but I know I can do it. I'm only 27 and have developed fertility issues because of my weight in recent years. I want to be strong and healthy enough to have children and enjoy them :-) Thanks for listening...
Welcome, Nykhoel! So glad to have you here! I tried Weight Watcher's, but I was always hungry and wanted to eat my own arm off. LOL I must say the protein works for me because it just kills my hunger and cravings. If I could give you any advice, it would be to try really hard to nip this weight problem in the bud and do it now while you're young! I remember trying to do it at your age and the time has just flown by and I will be 50 this fall!! So much harder to do it the older you get. Make it a gift to yourself and do it now. I won't be to goal by my birthday, but I'm looking at this as the start of my gift to myself for my 50th. I also have my first grandbaby and I want to be able to keep up with him. Make this your gift to your future children!
Old 07-22-2014, 07:39 PM   #276
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dawnsch
Stats: 220/173/155
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: July 2014
Jawbone

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmGal View Post
Dawn, that is SO great! I'm so happy for you!

I'm going to try and slowly start incorporating some kind of exercise. I have fibromyalgia and exercise just wears me out, but I really need to start doing something. I looked up that Jawbone thing and it looks interesting. I'd never heard of it before. I might consider getting one. Have a great evening!
Hi--start slow with exercise, I have a few friends with fibromyalgia and with weight loss they had a huge improvement with symptoms. There are 3 bands that are popular: fitbit, nike fuel and jawbone up 24. Do research if this would fit your lifestyle. Good Luck! Dawn
dawnsch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 07:52 PM   #277
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
UOTE=dawnsch;16982070]hi again---I am not doing the mid week shot, I just don't see a burst of energy with it after 4 weeks. Some people say it really helps but I did buy the B melts online from their site if I feel like taking at the end of the week, I thought that is better than an IM injection. Just my thoughts and I don't like shots anyways!
I'm still reading and learning what I can about the extras and supplements, its certainly a lot to take in at once! If you don't mind explaining, what are the B melts and do they help you with snack cravings? Today is really the first full day and its not easy. Im struggling with what to have for a snack besides the yogurt! I am used to eating meat maybe 2-3 times a week so to be eating mostly only meat is so bizarre to me. I'm glad I have some time off from work to get through this week.[/QUOTE]

it is called Medi-Bolic, it is the melt you put under your tongue for increasing your energy instead of the Vit. b shot, I decided to do this on my own since I live in the country, 40 minutes away from clinic and thought it could not hurt mid-week because I don't like the shots! I have no cravings physically but emotionally I would like to eat more. I am in my 4th week and it does get easier if you stay on program. Drink more fluids when you feel like you are hungry. There is that chocolate melt too that helps with cravings but I have not tried it yet, I don't want to start with chocolate since that would trigger me to eat more. Cottage cheese is really good at making you feel full too. Those snack bars are good also, expensive but helps with the snack type craving, but at 100 calories, it really cuts into the other calories when you only get 500 calories. My favorite is the peanut butter snack bar Medi sells. Dawn
Old 07-22-2014, 08:01 PM   #278
Senior LCF Member

Calcium

Quote:
Originally Posted by rl2b View Post
Hi Dawn! I have just started walking a bit more and making a conscious effort at work to get up and move around instead of just sitting at my desk. I think that's a good idea/approach - give them six months to work with you. This should be pretty ingrained by then, I would think. ~smile~ I would think that with the little we're eating weight would just fall off! LOL Are you taking the calcium pyruvate pills twice a day as well? I do not feel any more energized from the weekly shot at all. My best friend is doing this with me without the clinic visits and she has lost 37# (and is just thrilled, needless to say)! Anyway, nice to meet you and onward and downward!
Roseanne
Hi Roseanne, I am taking the calcium too. I don't feel energized from the shots either but maybe if I didn't take them I would feel differently about it. I do the melts mid week since I thought it couldn't hurt and I didn't want to go the clinic and pay for an injection. I think just being aware to get up and move is really helpful. I am off all summer with my school nurse job so I can take 3 walks a day and we just got 2 puppies and walk a lot with the new puppies too. Start with a pedometer and see if you can get 10000 steps in a day, that will burn at least 250 calories or more the doctor told me. You can pick them up for 5 bucks if you don't want a complicated one. Nice to meet you as well! Dawn
Old 07-23-2014, 07:10 AM   #279
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: spinningblue
Stats: 221/205.2/150
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 07/20/2014
I'm on day four now and the irritablility kicked in last night. I wanted to punch my husband and his bag of chips in the face.

I was feeling hungry a little last night, too, so I got up and go a few pickles. I think I'm going to go have my second shot tomorrow after work. It can't hurt.

It's so encouraging to read everyone's posts. Thanks for allowing me to be a part of your group.
spinningblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 07:35 AM   #280
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnsch View Post
Hi--start slow with exercise, I have a few friends with fibromyalgia and with weight loss they had a huge improvement with symptoms. There are 3 bands that are popular: fitbit, nike fuel and jawbone up 24. Do research if this would fit your lifestyle. Good Luck! Dawn
Thank you, Dawn! I'll check them out. Thanks for the advice about the exercising. I'm SO hoping to improve my symptoms. I live with so much pain on a daily basis and really hoping this helps with that. Thanks again!
Old 07-23-2014, 09:55 AM   #281
Senior LCF Member

day 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinningblue View Post
I'm on day four now and the irritablility kicked in last night. I wanted to punch my husband and his bag of chips in the face.

I was feeling hungry a little last night, too, so I got up and go a few pickles. I think I'm going to go have my second shot tomorrow after work. It can't hurt.

It's so encouraging to read everyone's posts. Thanks for allowing me to be a part of your group.
you are almost done with is considered the worse week, I'm not sure why husbands do that but I would feel the same way, my husband is doing it with me, just not in the clinic and is just finished day 7 today. it just takes time and you just have to do it, it gets easier! Dawn
Old 07-23-2014, 09:57 AM   #282
Senior LCF Member

nose

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinningblue View Post
Does anyone else have trouble with your nose running constantly since starting this? Weird!
No symptoms for me, maybe you have some allergies stuff going on.
Old 07-23-2014, 10:26 AM   #283
Senior LCF Member

Thanks for being so encouraging :-) I need to do this and keep it up so I won't have health issues like my family. I'm so lucky that despite being "morbidly obese" (that makes me so sad to say), the only health issue I have that might be related is PCOS. My blood pressure and all of my blood levels are great, I really am lucky. I'm not a hugely religious person, but I have to think god or someone is trying to help me loose the weight by making the rest of my body fairly healthy.

Last night I was so tired but couldn't sleep, which is normal for me. Only thing is, I was so hungry my stomach was hurting. I went to he kitchen where I'd normally grab a banana or granola bar and instead had to heat up sausage links. I drank 2 bottles of water beforehand just in case it was really thirst. After all wS done, I had ended up having 2 sausage links, a cheese stick AND tuna. I never eat that much at once in general! I'm very used to eating filling foods like oatmeal or plain popcorn if I'm feeling that hungry. Anyway, I'm hoping the hunger doesn't continue like this. I am taking the appetite suppressant but it honestly feels no different. I wonder if I should take my last one later in the day?

You guys are encouraging me for sure, sorry this post is so long!
Ps-I have. Fitbit flex and love it! It seriously keeps me encouraged. If I don't reach my goal steps, I'll either walk my dogs around my apartment parking lot until I do or march up and down the hallway and stairs. You can also make friends and see their weekly stats and send encouragement. My husband has one too, and despite him being 170lbs and in good shape,I beat out his steps all the time ;-)
Old 07-23-2014, 03:05 PM   #284
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: 1964pandora
Stats: 185/178/145
Hi!

Today is my first day, so I thought I would team up with you all so we can have some on-line support/accountability.

I have 35 pounds to lose. Today is going well, although I am mildly hungry, of course. The chicken broth and water help.

I have to keep reminding myself that the hunger will turn off as my body recognizes the fast and that I am eating 500 calories to lose weight faster, otherwise I would do another low carb diet.

I hope everyone had a good day. The evening/night is always the hardest for me.

Susan
1964pandora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 03:26 PM   #285
Senior LCF Member

welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1964pandora View Post
Hi!

Today is my first day, so I thought I would team up with you all so we can have some on-line support/accountability.

I have 35 pounds to lose. Today is going well, although I am mildly hungry, of course. The chicken broth and water help.

I have to keep reminding myself that the hunger will turn off as my body recognizes the fast and that I am eating 500 calories to lose weight faster, otherwise I would do another low carb diet.

I hope everyone had a good day. The evening/night is always the hardest for me.

Susan
Good Luck---I am almost done with week 4, It is easier on week 4 than week 1, I am doing 500-550 every day and I am adjusted now to it. I am not even hungry any more and I only take the appetite suppressant 1 x now. I found when I took it 3 times, I could not sleep. Just tell yourself in the evening to drink more water! Dawn
Old 07-23-2014, 03:33 PM   #286
Senior LCF Member

appetite suppressant

Hi everyone----I am not sure if anyone is having this issue but if you take the appetite suppressant too late in the day, you will not be able to sleep and your nerves will be wound tight. This is a stimulant--amphetamine. Please educate yourself on this medication and make sure you are taking it as prescribed.
Old 07-24-2014, 07:21 AM   #287
Junior LCF Member

Start Date: July 23, 2014
Hello! I just started my second day. My worst time of the day is always at night after putting kids to bed, as I typically watch tv and snack. Last night I just ate some jello verrrrrry slowly. I look forward talking to y'all to help with accountability!
Tabbysouthernbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 07:30 AM   #288
Senior LCF Member

welcom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabbysouthernbelle View Post
Hello! I just started my second day. My worst time of the day is always at night after putting kids to bed, as I typically watch tv and snack. Last night I just ate some jello verrrrrry slowly. I look forward talking to y'all to help with accountability!
welcome! are you doing it through clinic or on your own? I am getting done with my fourth week this coming Monday and it gets easier. Keep water with you at all times and stay focused, getting through first week is tough but it is those old habits you need to stop in order to be successful. good luck and keep us posted! Dawn
Old 07-24-2014, 08:00 AM   #289
Senior LCF Member

I hear you about the night time snacking. I am on day 3 1/2 , yes I'm counting that half a day! I feel like I'm not even hungry in the morning and just drinking water/taking supplements make me feel sick. But at night is a whole other story, I'm starved! I'm typically a night owl anyway. I have the luxury of no kids at the moment. But my best advice (I'm no expert after 3 days), is to keep busy to keep your mind off of it. Last night my husband and I walked around the mall and target just "poking around" to get out of the house. It's so hot and humid here that I typically walk around indoors anyway during the summer for exercise. Plus it's not as boring as going around a track or the same neighborhood. I tend to get way more steps in when I have things to look at. I bought pineapple coconut dasani drops and my water tastes like a piña colada! I imagine it being a fun cocktail and that helps too :-) I haven't tried just chicken broth but I've heard that works well too if you're hungry. I guess a big part of this will be lifestyle changes, so we can break our bad snacking habits! You can do it. What about taking up knitting or crossword puzzles while watching TV? It'll give your hands something to do so you won't be thinking of snacks too much?
Old 07-24-2014, 08:48 AM   #290
Senior LCF Member

keep busy

I agree with you that you need to just keep busy doing other things, prior to start of this I could barely walk to the end of my street, yesterday I walked 9 miles. So that keeping busy and doing other things help. I have an autistic son and that stresses me out most days, I just focus on what he can do and I need to be around to help him when he is older. The first week is the toughest, you will be done before you know it. I also try not to focus where I am at in the program, I am just trying to do 1 day at a time and hopefully, I will get there.
Old 07-24-2014, 05:20 PM   #291
Senior LCF Member

Ugh, I feel terrible today. I'm so tired and lethargic. I can't get rid of my headaches and all over achey feeling. I went to the center to get the mid week shots (free with my insurance) and asked about the ketone sticks. The center I go to doesn't give them to the patients, but they were happy to test for me. My husband is a type 1 diabetic and when I mentioned ketone sticks he went to his medical supplies and pulled some out, so I tested. Definitely in ketosis, so I guess that's encouraging.
I am still struggling bad with how much meat I'm eating. I am starting to feel sick and nauseated with each "meal", yet I'm so hungry. I so badly want to eat a banana! I was tempted to eat just one banana or a sandwich, but after reading I realized that once I'm in ketosis, if I eat carbs I'll get out of ketosis. It's better to not risk the one sandwich I guess for the time being.
Dawnsch, one day at a time is right. Way to go on walking NINE miles, that's incredible!! I know stress is one way I've gained all of this weight. One big stressor is my mother in law,who is making a visit this weekend. Fortunately, I am working at least half the time she will be here. She likes to tell rotten and hurtful lies about me and I am not a southern belle like she would've wanted her golden child to marry. I'm a damn Yankee!
Anyway, I will try my best to get through it all. Monday is my start of week 2. Can't wait to eat veggies! With week 2, do they limit your vegetables? I'm assuming they want you to stick with mostly protein and add a little veggies? Sorry for such a long post again. It's keeping me from running into the kitchen for real food.
Old 07-24-2014, 05:53 PM   #292
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: 1964pandora
Stats: 185/178/145
Hi everyone. Nice to see that there are a few of us posting!

Day 2 is coming to an end and I did fine. Drinking chicken broth to get through some hungry times.

I am glad to hear that pretty soon I won't even be hungry. Glad to hear that everyone else seems to be staying on plan!

I wanted to mention something called Dannon Oikos dips. There is one that is cucumber dill and only 25 calories for two tablespoons and 2 carbs. Most creamy dips are more like 60 calories for 2 tablespoons. I need to try that piña colada water flavoring. Is it just in with drink mixes? TIA

Dawn, thank u for reminding me to drink more water in the evening because I do stop the water at some point in the later afternoon, it seems.
Susan

Last edited by 1964pandora; 07-24-2014 at 05:54 PM..
1964pandora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 06:18 PM   #293
Senior LCF Member

I love those dips! I just didn't know they were "allowed" for week 1. I usually get carrots cut like crinkle cuts and dip them in there so it felt like I was eating chips and dip ;-) and yes, the drops were where the crystal light and everything is. It comes I'm a tiny bottle so it's a liquid enhancer, made by Dasani. Keep it up :-)
Old 07-24-2014, 07:17 PM   #294
Senior LCF Member

carrots

Quote:
I love those dips! I just didn't know they were "allowed" for week 1. I usually get carrots cut like crinkle cuts and dip them in there so it felt like I was eating chips and dip ;-) and yes, the drops were where the crystal light and everything is. It comes I'm a tiny bottle so it's a liquid enhancer, made by Dasani. Keep it up :-)
I know at my medi center we cannot have carrots, they have too much sugar and you have to have low glycemic veggies like all the ones I dislike---broccoli, celery, etc. I would like a carrot too. Dawn
Old 07-24-2014, 07:25 PM   #295
Senior LCF Member

hey

Quote:
Ugh, I feel terrible today. I'm so tired and lethargic. I can't get rid of my headaches and all over achey feeling. I went to the center to get the mid week shots (free with my insurance) and asked about the ketone sticks. The center I go to doesn't give them to the patients, but they were happy to test for me. My husband is a type 1 diabetic and when I mentioned ketone sticks he went to his medical supplies and pulled some out, so I tested. Definitely in ketosis, so I guess that's encouraging.
I am still struggling bad with how much meat I'm eating. I am starting to feel sick and nauseated with each "meal", yet I'm so hungry. I so badly want to eat a banana! I was tempted to eat just one banana or a sandwich, but after reading I realized that once I'm in ketosis, if I eat carbs I'll get out of ketosis. It's better to not risk the one sandwich I guess for the time being.
Dawnsch, one day at a time is right. Way to go on walking NINE miles, that's incredible!! I know stress is one way I've gained all of this weight. One big stressor is my mother in law,who is making a visit this weekend. Fortunately, I am working at least half the time she will be here. She likes to tell rotten and hurtful lies about me and I am not a southern belle like she would've wanted her golden child to marry. I'm a damn Yankee!
Anyway, I will try my best to get through it all. Monday is my start of week 2. Can't wait to eat veggies! With week 2, do they limit your vegetables? I'm assuming they want you to stick with mostly protein and add a little veggies? Sorry for such a long post again. It's keeping me from running into the kitchen for real food.
think about the other types of protein you can have if you don't like meat, like soybeans, they have really good soy burgers, tofu, vegan soy cheese, soybeans, lentils, kidney beans, black beans. Stress is how I got here myself, a terrible divorce, selling my house, my youngest is autistic, etc. I figured I had all the top major stressors in my life only one yet is death for me and that I am eating myself to my grave. You only give people the power over you if you allow it, and let it brother you, you know she does it, so just let it go, otherwise you going to be in a lot of pain for a long time if you stay married to her son. I learned that a long time ago. Yes you are limited on your veggies and fruit, I get either 2 veggies or 1 veggie and 1 food, and the portion is like raw 1 cup, cooked 1/2 cup. Change your way of thinking with your mother in law and approach, she may respond differently to you, it not, that is HER PROBLEM! Hang in there! Dawn
Old 07-24-2014, 10:29 PM   #296
Junior LCF Member

Dawn- thanks for the advice. I am going to a clinic but not sure how long due to finances. I have been drinking water like a fiend. They told me at least 100 oz, and today I managed 130. Feels like I am constantly needing to pee! Lol.

I had a good Day 2. No headaches or major hunger. I am planning to test for ketones tomorrow (fingers crossed).
Old 07-25-2014, 07:52 AM   #297
Senior LCF Member

Tabby-I hear you on peeing so much! Although I am used to drinking the recommended amount per day, I decided to step it up. I guess the appetite suppressant is really giving me dry mouth because I can drink 2-3 bottled waters in one sitting easily. It used to fill me up after one. It's funny too because even though I know you aren't supposed to weigh yourself everyday, I do. It honestly has helped me keep myself accountable (before all of this). Anyway, I can weigh in before bed and then first thing in the morning (after several pee breaks at night) and there can be a 4 lb difference. That's huge!
Dawn- they did mention some vegetarian options for me, but only touched on it briefly. I'm wondering if this is going to sabotage me for this week too add a veggie burger or black beans?
I was In such a mood last night and didn't want to cook at all. My husband brought home chickfila grilled chicken (no bun) for me. I begged him for one of his waffle fries. He handed one over. I laughed and said, gee you're such an enabler! Then he insisted on having it back after I took the one bite. I felt so guilty for simply taking the bite and then saying that to him(even if it was a joke), that I burst into a laughing hysterically while crying fit. What an emotionally experience after just a few days of this! It really speaks volumes about how much food controls my emotions and effects my body.
Anyway, I hope you all continue your success this week, I'm looking forward to Monday to weigh in and add some veggies! Again, thanks for "listening"
Old 07-25-2014, 10:36 AM   #298
Senior LCF Member

vegan options

Quote:
Tabby-I hear you on peeing so much! Although I am used to drinking the recommended amount per day, I decided to step it up. I guess the appetite suppressant is really giving me dry mouth because I can drink 2-3 bottled waters in one sitting easily. It used to fill me up after one. It's funny too because even though I know you aren't supposed to weigh yourself everyday, I do. It honestly has helped me keep myself accountable (before all of this). Anyway, I can weigh in before bed and then first thing in the morning (after several pee breaks at night) and there can be a 4 lb difference. That's huge!
Dawn- they did mention some vegetarian options for me, but only touched on it briefly. I'm wondering if this is going to sabotage me for this week too add a veggie burger or black beans?
I was In such a mood last night and didn't want to cook at all. My husband brought home chickfila grilled chicken (no bun) for me. I begged him for one of his waffle fries. He handed one over. I laughed and said, gee you're such an enabler! Then he insisted on having it back after I took the one bite. I felt so guilty for simply taking the bite and then saying that to him(even if it was a joke), that I burst into a laughing hysterically while crying fit. What an emotionally experience after just a few days of this! It really speaks volumes about how much food controls my emotions and effects my body.
Anyway, I hope you all continue your success this week, I'm looking forward to Monday to weigh in and add some veggies! Again, thanks for "listening"
hi---all those vegan options I told you were in my information from medi clinic. Although they do not want you to eat a lot of them, they actually are good but expensive. I don't have insurance that pays for this and I know I am thinking can I do this on my own. If I stayed with clinic for a year, I will have spent over 4000 out of pocket, being a nurse, I know, you either pay now or later. Keep hanging in there====I also tried medi's oatmeal, it is very different! I don't care for it but I brought 4 boxes thinking I would, now stuck with it! hang in there, I weigh in on Monday and I will be finishing week 4 then, I should be at 25-26 lbs then for sure as long as I keep on track, I am suddenly losing really fast! Dawn
Old 07-25-2014, 03:03 PM   #299
Senior LCF Member

I'm thinking adding beans would be okay for me, I'm going to try it out tonight. Sounds like a delicacy to me compared to all of this other meat! I work in healthcare as well and I totally get the whole pay now or you will later. Congratulations on the loss! Here's to never finding it again and reaching your goal. 4 weeks seems like a lifetime away to me!
Old 07-25-2014, 09:20 PM   #300
Junior LCF Member

Try this again...

Tried posting last night, but it looks like it didn't go through. Grrrr.
I am currently going to a clinic for now. Not sure how long due to finances.

Today (week 1day3) went rather well, only a little hunger pangs. I stayed strong when my daughter gave me candy (I am a chocoholic) and only pretended to eat it.