Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2013, 06:13 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MathSci
Stats: 303.5/253.0/200
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: November 26, 2013
Restarting the week of Thanksgiving! What was I thinking? :)

Hello! I restarted MWL this past Tuesday, 2 days before Thanksgiving! I thought about waiting until after Christmas, but decided I needed to get back on track as soon as possible. Next June I'm going to have knee replacement surgery so it is really important that I lose as much weight as I can before then and get in the best shape that I can. During the first half of 2012, I lost quite a bit of weight at MWL, but decided to quit because my life was getting busy, I was so tired of the restrictive diet, and the expenses were building up. I thought I could do it on my own, but I was wrong. I've gained back about half the weight I lost

So here it is Thanksgiving Day - my 3rd day back on MWL. It's going to be tough today, but I'm going to do the best I can to stick as closely as I can to the diet.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!
MathSci is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-28-2013, 06:47 AM   #2
ELL
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ELL
Stats: 160.5|142.2|56.6kg
WOE: >20 carbs
Start Date: 10.5.13
You have decided to do it so continue with it. You will find things you can eat today just like an other day. Be proud of yourself no matter what happens. Good Luck God Bless and Happy Thanksgiving!!
ELL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 07:07 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LolaGetz
Stats: 135.5/128.5/128 5'9"
WOE: Lower carb/ More fat
Start Date: Sept. 2013
Happy Thanksgiving. I send you support too. You *can* do this. Food is necessary for life but should always remain in it's proper place in our lives. Today I know you will focus on your goal of returning to a healthy weight for your surgery. Any momentary pleasure you might find in eating unhealthy food isn't worth the suffering and pain it will cause. So hang tough and enjoy the day a lot. Best of luck to you.
LolaGetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 03:51 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Thanks! I think I did pretty good yesterday considering the holiday. I tried to focus on protein and stayed away from the potatoes, bread and apple pie that I would love to bite into! Now I'm just hoping my family will hurry up and finishing eating that apple pie so I'm not tempted by it any more!
Old 12-16-2013, 06:14 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Trying to stick to it as best I can during the holiday season. I went to a Christmas party on Saturday and, of course, ate more than I should have but I tried to make it mostly protein and raw broccoli. Fortunately, it didn't hurt me too much and I still lost weight this week. This week is going to be tougher! I teach and this week is our last week of school. Everyone is bringing in cookies, chocolates and other sweets!! After I weighed in today, I gave in and ate 2 cookies that someone had made that I just love. I'm not going to eat any more though! My reasoning at the time was that there was no way I was going to get through the week without eating some of these treats so I might as well indulge in the cookies that are my favorite and then hopefully I would get that impulse out of my system for the rest of the week. Hopefully, that will be true!

We have a field trip this week and that is going to be bad because we are eating lunch at a great pizza place. Unfortunately, I can't do a special order so I'm stuck eating the pizza or nothing at all. And I know there is no way I'm going to be able to sit in that restaurant and watch 160 kids eat that pizza without me eating some. So I'm going to just eat one slice slowly and then get back on the program right after. Hopefully, I won't gain any weight this week! Better get some time at the gym in this week!
Old 01-04-2014, 12:02 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

I survived the holidays! Only lost a pound last week (which was the week that included Christmas) and I was happy about that! I just didn't want to gain any weight. There was so much food and family around that I couldn't stick to the program the entire week. So far after 5 weeks I've lost 22 pounds. Now I'm trying to get refocused on the program so that this week will be a good one. I'm back to work on Monday so I think that will help me stay away from temptations! I weigh in on Monday afternoon so hoping to do better that last week's one pound loss!
Old 01-05-2014, 09:56 AM   #7
Senior LCF Member

UGH! Just totally blew it! An old school friend called this morning to say she was in town for the day and asked to meet for lunch so we met at McAlister's Deli. Before meeting her, I went online to try to find my best choices there and decided to do the "pick 2" where you get half a sandwich and soup. I looked at all the soup choices to see which were the best ones. Then when I got there, none of the soups that were the best choices were on the menu for today. I got so flustered and didn't know what to do that I just got the whole sandwich which I know was not a good choice! I'm so mad at myself!!
Old 01-07-2014, 05:48 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Well, the sandwich didn't set me back too much.... I guess because I did pretty well the rest of the week to help negate the calories in that sandwich. Lost 3 pounds!

I saw my orthopaedic doctor today and made the appointment for my knee replacement surgery this summer - June 23rd. I'm scared! I really need to lose a lot more weight before then. The doctor asked about how much I had lost since he last saw me and what was my goal to lose by the surgery date. I'm going to aim for 50 more pounds lost by then. Not sure if that is realistic since that will put me at a weight that I can't remember the last time I was at, but I'm going to try. Need to up the exercise and stay on the plan!
Old 01-13-2014, 04:34 PM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Great week! Lost 4.5 pounds and am now at 29.5 pounds lost since I restarted in November. Hope I can keep this up! So far to go....
Old 01-19-2014, 05:42 PM   #10
Senior LCF Member

A week or so ago I decided to not use the appetite suppressant any more. When I was on this program before, I had some issues that might have been due to the appetite suppressant and my doctor was not too thrilled that I was taking it. Generally, it hasn't been too bad but there are times when I get really hungry. I'll try drinking water or my Vitawater Zero to get through this. Still there are times I just have to eat something.

Tomorrow is weigh-in day as well as my doctor will be taking my blood for labwork. I sure hope my cholesterol has gone down!
Old 01-24-2014, 05:08 PM   #11
Senior LCF Member

At the weigh-in this past Monday, I lost 3.5 lbs for a total of 33 pounds lost! My fat mass went up for some reason this week. I don't understand how that works and I'm not totally convinced that Tanita scale is accurate for anything other than total weight. The MWL counselor has a backpack that weighs 30 pounds that he put on me. Amazing how heavy that 30 pounds feels!

On Wednesday my doctor's office called with my bloodwork results. My cholesterol has gone down! The bad cholesterol she wanted under 130 (it was 135 back in July) and it is now 117. My total cholesterol was at 225 back in July and now it is 199! Now my goal is to have even better results when I go back to my doctor in August! We've had some snow days this week so I've been to the gym every day this week! And I've been trying to make up for going out to Outback with friends on Monday night!
Old 01-27-2014, 03:30 PM   #12
Senior LCF Member

UGH! So working out every day did not overcome my dinner at the Outback on Monday and having lunch with friends before attending a basketball game on Saturday My weight stayed exactly the same. Oh, well.... need to stay focused this week and get back on track! The MWL counselor was like "When I go to Outback I get the 6 oz sirloin and vegetables with no oil/butter. Then I only eat half of my steak and save the rest for the next day." Well, I didn't do that and had no interest in doing that! I did say no to the bread Fortunately, I only get to go to Outback about 3 times a year so it will be a several months before I get tempted again.
Old 02-04-2014, 05:09 PM   #13
Senior LCF Member

Only 1.5 pounds lost this week.... Really thought it was going to be better based on what my scales at home said in the morning. This week I'm going to try to be more diligent about measuring my food. It's a busy week so I'm not going to be able to get to the gym as much as I'd like.
Old 02-07-2014, 06:07 AM   #14
Senior LCF Member

UGH! Scale is not moving! So frustrating!!
Old 02-07-2014, 10:07 AM   #15
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Staceylynne
WOE: Medi weight loss
Start Date: January 2014
a loss is a loss 1.5 is still good remember what 1lb of fat looks like!!!!!
Staceylynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 08:19 AM   #16
Senior LCF Member

Thanks! I need to remember as long as the weight is going down, that is good!

This week lost 2.5 lbs! I really tried hard to stay on plan and exercise this past week.
Old 02-14-2014, 04:13 PM   #17
Senior LCF Member

Have not been able to get to the gym this week and I'm getting antsy! I had a foot doctor's appt after work one day then we had a snow storm come through and couldn't get out of the house. Then today I went to give blood for some labwork that the foot doctor ordered and they told me I shouldn't exercise today because of giving so much blood. I'm going to go to bed early tonight so I can get to the gym tomorrow! Need to do a lot to help make up for all the days I haven't been exercising this week. Is it possible to get in a week's work of exercising in just 2 days? I don't think this old body can do that, but I'm going to try!
Old 02-17-2014, 03:55 PM   #18
Senior LCF Member

4 lb loss but mostly all water! I figured it wouldn't be a great weigh-in because I wasn't able to get to the gym as much this past week.
Old 02-19-2014, 12:25 PM   #19
Senior LCF Member

4 is great
Old 03-06-2014, 04:08 PM   #20
Senior LCF Member

I had an extra couple of days this week due to the snowstorm and the clinic being closed on my usual weigh-in day (Monday).... Lost 4 lbs! Approaching that 50 lbs lost mark.... Hope to hit it at my next weigh-in!
Old 03-08-2014, 04:56 AM   #21
Senior LCF Member

Awsome
Old 03-12-2014, 09:48 AM   #22
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: BostonGirl
WOE: Medi
Start Date: February 2014
Way to go, MathSci!
BostonGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 02:49 PM   #23
Senior LCF Member

Lost 4 lbs this weigh-in for a total of 50.5 lbs lost in 16 weeks! But it was a sad day as this is my last visit to the MWL clinic. My foot doctor ordered a bunch of blood tests because I have a neuroma in my foot that hasn't gotten any better. My B12 and B6 levels were high, most likely due to the injections and the Vita Super. I forwarded the test results to my regular doctor and she said to stop the injections and taking the Vita Super. Since I'm also have not been taking the appetite suppressant, I thought about it and I can't justify spending about $65 per week for just weighing in and getting my blood pressure checked. I'm really going to miss seeing everyone at the clinic each week and I'm scared about doing this on my own. I've tried that before and gained a lot of the weight back that I had lost! I know I need to be able to control my weight on my own though.