Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Medi Weightloss (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/medi-weightloss/)
-   -   Anyone attempted this without going to clinic (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/medi-weightloss/812947-anyone-attempted-without-going-clinic.html)

jls0187 09-26-2013 06:19 AM

Anyone attempted this without going to clinic

Just wondering if anyone has ever attempted this without going to the clinic? My cousin went and lost 50 lbs and now she is starting back up on her own and wants me to join her. Do you think its possible?

betty_going_85 09-27-2013 07:00 AM

I have tried it without going to the clinic and for me it just didn't work. I need the stay slim to help with the hunger and the shots for the energy. I went back to the clinic on 9/11 but I started that Monday. I was so hungry when I got to the clinic and once I took the pill it helped and I have been good every since. But since you are doing it with your cousin the 2 of you may be able to help each other through this. You don't lose anything but weight for trying. Good luck and we are here for encouragement.

EpitomeOfSuccess 09-27-2013 07:15 AM

Yes, I did a couple of years ago. I went to two appointments and I couldn't afford the added expense. So I followed the diet on my own and lost an additional 40 lbs. After that I stopped the diet but my activity level didn't decrease and I maintained the weightloss for over a year until I switched jobs and settled back into my lazy ways. It's definitely doable. I just had to keep busy and drink plenty of water to take my mind off of hunger. It's funny you ask that because my brother and I are about to start this diet up on Monday. I was telling him my success last night and how I quit for no reason. I know if I did it once I can do it again.

Best wishes,
Adrienne

jls0187 09-30-2013 05:45 AM

Thanks for the replies ladies. Today is my start day. I am hoping to make it through. My start weight is 182. I also have hypothyroidism against me but I am a sick of all the excuses and ready to get some weight off.

cheftrish 10-04-2013 11:56 AM

I am attempting this without going to the clinic. Cost just too much right now! I am on the Medi-Friends in 2013 board, and so are some others that are also forgoing the clinic, as well as some who are going. So maybe we can all help each other out! :)

Birdie31 10-14-2013 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jls0187 (Post 16619748)
Just wondering if anyone has ever attempted this without going to the clinic? My cousin went and lost 50 lbs and now she is starting back up on her own and wants me to join her. Do you think its possible?

I did this without clinic about 2 years and manage to keep the weight off until recently (I m pregnant) It was hard at first but after 1st week it was a breeze. Just remember you will get headaches and feel crazy tired. I only used vitamins, no appetite suppressant, so that was rough. I lost the last 15 lbs that I couldn’t lose from Weight watchers. :)

jls0187 11-06-2013 06:37 AM

Well I lost 14 pounds in my first month without going to the clinic! and no supplements or shots from a clinic! yay!:clap:

secret_smile85 11-08-2013 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jls0187 (Post 16672939)
Well I lost 14 pounds in my first month without going to the clinic! and no supplements or shots from a clinic! yay!:clap:

That is awesome!!! Keep up the great work! I just restarted and am on day 6 and not going to the clinic. I hope I can do as great of a job as you are! Congrats :jumpjoy:

jls0187 11-11-2013 01:30 PM

you can do it! i am at 16 lbs down now..its getting slower coming off but I'm about to crack the whip on myself for the holidays approaching..I rarely exercise and I think if I do more exercise I would have better results..

You can do it..Let me know how you do..

Rvarner10 03-01-2014 11:55 AM

How and where

How did you find the plan without going to the clinic? Do u have a link , i d have the money to go to the clinic

marverboston 03-02-2014 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rvarner10 (Post 16820190)
How did you find the plan without going to the clinic? Do u have a link , i d have the money to go to the clinic

Scroll through the Medi Weightloss Boards and you will be able to find what you need to be on your way.

I have been to the clinic over 2 years ago. It does work but, can be very costly. If you have the tools you should be fine. Good Luck!

Cathy:)