Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2013, 10:39 AM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: LMW5772
WOE: Medi Weightloss clinics
Start Date: July 2013
Help?!?! Only lost 3lbs first week

Hi... I am new here & new to the diet.
I started last Sunday on MWL. I started at 5'1", 196. I started at 500-700 protein cals per week. no excercise. Although, I have not needed them, I was give a script for an appetite suppressant. I am truly not hungry. I have not had any side effects. I went for my first week weigh in...and only lost 3 lbs. The Nurse Practitioner said she couldn't explain it. She said maybe this week will be my big week. She cut out a few things, cut me back to 600 cals per day, added veggies and exercise. I followed my instructions explicitly. I got on the scale this morning (wk2, d2)...and I was only down a half a pound.

I feel like such a failure. Expecting to go in and have lost 6-8lbs at least ... and then didn't. What is wrong with me?? I don't understand and am very disappointed. I just don't get it. Anyone else experience this or know someone who did?

If you can share some helpful advise...please do. ) Thanks in advance.
LMW5772 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-31-2013, 07:48 AM   #2
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Denisemichelle36
Dont give up! That is what I have been told. I was expecting more my first week (I am on week 2) and didnt loose what I thought/wanted to. 3# is a start! Dont give up yet. Did they go over your blood work and did it all check out?
Denisemichelle36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 09:20 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: suzanna1
Stats: 215/162.5/149 5'8" 38 years old
WOE: Medi Weightloss Clinic
I lost 4 pounds my first week if I recall correctly and then 6 pounds my second. It takes some of our bodies a little longer to get in gear. It always helped my motivation to stay off the scale between appointments, so I wouldn't get discouraged.
suzanna1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 03:51 PM   #4
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: toastedink
WOE: Medi WeightLoss
Start Date: July 2013
Yes! Don't give up! Sometimes it takes a little longer to come off. Also, it depends on your weight. If someone is 300 lbs... they drop faster in the beginning than someone who is 200 lbs. This is why you hear women who weigh 130 trying to "lose that last 10" have such a hard time.... the less you weigh, the more it takes.

And hey, 3 lbs is nothing to sneeze at

Last edited by toastedink; 08-04-2013 at 03:55 PM..
toastedink is offline   Reply With Quote