Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2013, 06:03 AM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: jillx64
NOT losing much after week one! HELP?

I haven't lost much since week one. Week one I lost 8.6, week two 1.8, week three 1.4 and then last week 1.0. I keep going down and don't know why. VERY frustrating since this plan it not cheap and I have been sticking to it 100%. I do NOT cheat at all. I drink all my water also. As far as ketosis, I was in the middle the first couple of weeks, now it is barely showing a color on the stick. I don't know what the low side means. Does it have anything to do with little weight loss? The clinic told me I should be losing 2-3 pounds a week and I haven't even hit 2 pounds yet after week one. They told me last week to increase my protein amount by 100 so I did. So far in 6 days not an ounce has came off after doing this. I don't know what else to do. I have brought up my frustration the last couple weeks to them and so far it is not helping. I was expecting a rapid weight loss with this program especially since it cost $1000 plus supplements. I feel that I can do another program for $30/month and lost 1-2 pounds per week. I really don't get it and would love to hear if anyone else has had this same issue before I give up. HELP!!!
jillx64 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-15-2013, 09:34 AM   #2
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: dtg1990
Stats: 64" 163/126.6/120
WOE: Was Medi Weight Loss, now exercise/good nutrition
Start Date: Feb 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillx64 View Post
I haven't lost much since week one. Week one I lost 8.6, week two 1.8, week three 1.4 and then last week 1.0. I keep going down and don't know why. VERY frustrating since this plan it not cheap and I have been sticking to it 100%. I do NOT cheat at all. I drink all my water also. As far as ketosis, I was in the middle the first couple of weeks, now it is barely showing a color on the stick. I don't know what the low side means. Does it have anything to do with little weight loss? The clinic told me I should be losing 2-3 pounds a week and I haven't even hit 2 pounds yet after week one. They told me last week to increase my protein amount by 100 so I did. So far in 6 days not an ounce has came off after doing this. I don't know what else to do. I have brought up my frustration the last couple weeks to them and so far it is not helping. I was expecting a rapid weight loss with this program especially since it cost $1000 plus supplements. I feel that I can do another program for $30/month and lost 1-2 pounds per week. I really don't get it and would love to hear if anyone else has had this same issue before I give up. HELP!!!
You are still losing. I have never been at 2 lbs per week after week 1. What is your starting weight and how much do you have to lose? Are you losing fat but retaining water?

I have found logging everything including salt to be helpfull and I started to use my fitness pal (found out the veggies that I was adding was going over my carb limit when I weighed and measured everything).

Do you have a food scale that weighs food down to the gram? I found that helpful. What is your carb limit and how many have you been getting? Are you subtrating fiber and sugar alcohols (I did and found that didn't work for me, I have to include all carbs). What is your calorie limit?

What exercise are you doing and have you tried to calculate your metabolic rate (several available online)?

What total calorie intake have you had?

You are in ketosis and the fact that your color is slight just means you are getting in plenty of water.

There has to be something....
dtg1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 03:10 PM   #3
Junior LCF Member

Thank you for your reply. My goal is 40 pounds. Technically I am 60 overweight. So far the numbers show that it is fat. I don't know what to look at if I am retaining water. Yes I have a food scale and even grams. They have never told me how many carbs I should stay under only what to eat and not what to eat. They have only told me how much protein to eat. I don't eat any carbs at all, only what is in the lean meat and veggies we can eat. My protein they started me at was 500 and last week increased it to 600. They told me the reason they think I am not losing more weight is I wasn't eating enough protein. I have trouble believing this, but ok. I don't do a whole lot of exercise, only about 20 mins 3-4 times per week with weights or elliptical. I have been in ketosis so far, low end, very little pink color. the first week I was in the middle.
????
Old 05-15-2013, 03:19 PM   #4
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: dtg1990
Stats: 64" 163/126.6/120
WOE: Was Medi Weight Loss, now exercise/good nutrition
Start Date: Feb 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillx64 View Post
Thank you for your reply. My goal is 40 pounds. Technically I am 60 overweight. So far the numbers show that it is fat. I don't know what to look at if I am retaining water. Yes I have a food scale and even grams. They have never told me how many carbs I should stay under only what to eat and not what to eat. They have only told me how much protein to eat. I don't eat any carbs at all, only what is in the lean meat and veggies we can eat. My protein they started me at was 500 and last week increased it to 600. They told me the reason they think I am not losing more weight is I wasn't eating enough protein. I have trouble believing this, but ok. I don't do a whole lot of exercise, only about 20 mins 3-4 times per week with weights or elliptical. I have been in ketosis so far, low end, very little pink color. the first week I was in the middle.
????

I think that they will always give you suggestion, but more protein can't hurt. You have to be dragging something with the protein that you are eating, usually some fat. If you stick with the lean meats you aren't bumping up your calories too much. It could be sodium withholding water (I gained nearly 2 lbs since yesterday because my sodium intake went way up--I had some processed chicken and didn't realize the sodium level was so high until I logged it on my fitness pal-- that has been really helpful to me.)

Try to keep track of your sodium intake as well. I keep getting past my carb limit (25 grams) because of the carbs in my salad dressing (newmans low fat sesame something) and the carbs in my veggies. I didn't realize onions had so many sugars and so little fiber until I tried keeping a log.

Don't give up if you keep losing fat and retaining water. Water is easy to get rid of, fat is not.
dtg1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 06:42 PM   #5
Junior LCF Member

I also stopped getting the injections a couple of weeks ago and wondering if that could be why. I stopped them because I didn't see any difference in my energy. I will still tired all the time. This week I found out through another forum that the shots also take care of water retention and fat. If that is the case, then I will start them again.
Old 05-16-2013, 04:40 AM   #6
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Amber2013
Stats: 182.8/164.5/130
WOE: Mediweightloss
Start Date: 5/1/2013
My clinic doesn't offer the injections at all. I don't understand why some do and some don't. To be quite honest, I get far more information here than at the clinic. Since I am hypothyroid and a vegetarian, I knew I would be losing weight slower than the average person. My first week I was down 2 lbs, second week 2.2 lbs. but 5 pounds of fat so I'll take that. I'm hoping I can keep this momentum up.
Amber2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 05:38 PM   #7
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: TurtleLamb
Stats: 234.2/214.2/174
WOE: Medi
Start Date: April 2013
What are you guys eating? Like what did your yesterday look like?
TurtleLamb is offline   Reply With Quote