Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2013, 03:27 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member
 
TurtleLamb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 9
Gallery: TurtleLamb
Stats: 234.2/214.2/174
WOE: Medi
Start Date: April 2013
Fat Free Coffeemate V Sugar Free Coffeemate

Okay so I've been drinking a bit more coffee than usual because I like the caffeine bump before working out and I also like it in the late afternoon with my Medi-Melt because I feel reenergized straight through the evening.

I have it with Splenda ....and fat free coffeemate. The doctor's packet said I could choose fat free original powder coffeemate or sugar-free if flavored.

I've lost 13 lbs in two weeks and one day so I don't think its impeded the loss, though I did retain more water this week despite drinking 128 oz + 1 32 oz Powerade Zero daily.

I just looked at my calorie counter after noticing I was halfway through a canister- I've consumed about 9 tsp or 90 calories and 18 carbs of creamer today (40 net carbs over the day and I'm in 'large/purple' ketosis every day).
I'm also working out *hard.

Are these calories/carbs negligible or do I need to dial it down with the delicious splenda / coffeemate coffee? LOL!

Does creamer stall or reduce your losses?
TurtleLamb is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-14-2013, 07:15 AM   #2
Junior LCF Member
 
dtg1990's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Orlando
Posts: 57
Gallery: dtg1990
Stats: 64" 163/126.6/120
WOE: Was Medi Weight Loss, now exercise/good nutrition
Start Date: Feb 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleLamb View Post
Okay so I've been drinking a bit more coffee than usual because I like the caffeine bump before working out and I also like it in the late afternoon with my Medi-Melt because I feel reenergized straight through the evening.

I have it with Splenda ....and fat free coffeemate. The doctor's packet said I could choose fat free original powder coffeemate or sugar-free if flavored.

I've lost 13 lbs in two weeks and one day so I don't think its impeded the loss, though I did retain more water this week despite drinking 128 oz + 1 32 oz Powerade Zero daily.

I just looked at my calorie counter after noticing I was halfway through a canister- I've consumed about 9 tsp or 90 calories and 18 carbs of creamer today (40 net carbs over the day and I'm in 'large/purple' ketosis every day).
I'm also working out *hard.

Are these calories/carbs negligible or do I need to dial it down with the delicious splenda / coffeemate coffee? LOL!

Does creamer stall or reduce your losses?
At 18 carbs of creamer that doesn't allow you much for veggies and nutrients if you have the same 25 gram carb limitation that I do, but you ae in ketosis, and you are losing weight. This seems to be working for you and I wouldn't change anything if you continue to do well. I suppose you could cut down on the carbs from the creamer if you start to go out of ketosis or your weight loss stalls.

dtg1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 06:37 AM   #3
Junior LCF Member
 
TurtleLamb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 9
Gallery: TurtleLamb
Stats: 234.2/214.2/174
WOE: Medi
Start Date: April 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtg1990 View Post
At 18 carbs of creamer that doesn't allow you much for veggies and nutrients if you have the same 25 gram carb limitation that I do, but you ae in ketosis, and you are losing weight. This seems to be working for you and I wouldn't change anything if you continue to do well. I suppose you could cut down on the carbs from the creamer if you start to go out of ketosis or your weight loss stalls.

Thanks for you response!

Okay for the past couple of days I've gone into pink not purple on ketostix so creamer is def having an effect. Also I had severe gas pains this week. So I'm nixing the Splenda and dialing the creamer way down.

The doctor did not tell me a number of carbs to stick to but again averaging 30-40 net carbs, in ketosis and lost 3 more lbs this week- 16 lbs in total in 3 weeks .

Last edited by TurtleLamb; 05-17-2013 at 06:38 AM.. Reason: typo
TurtleLamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 04:20 AM   #4
Junior LCF Member
 
dtg1990's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Orlando
Posts: 57
Gallery: dtg1990
Stats: 64" 163/126.6/120
WOE: Was Medi Weight Loss, now exercise/good nutrition
Start Date: Feb 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleLamb View Post
Thanks for you response!

Okay for the past couple of days I've gone into pink not purple on ketostix so creamer is def having an effect. Also I had severe gas pains this week. So I'm nixing the Splenda and dialing the creamer way down.

The doctor did not tell me a number of carbs to stick to but again averaging 30-40 net carbs, in ketosis and lost 3 more lbs this week- 16 lbs in total in 3 weeks .
Sounds like you are doing great. Hope it keeps going for you!
dtg1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 03:33 PM   #5
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 15
Gallery: reneed
I am having an issue with coffee mate too. I would do the sugar free coffee mate if they had an unflavored option, but they don't. Does anyone have any suggestions on what to put in my coffee that won't keep me out of ketosis?
reneed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 06:37 PM   #6
Junior LCF Member
 
dtg1990's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Orlando
Posts: 57
Gallery: dtg1990
Stats: 64" 163/126.6/120
WOE: Was Medi Weight Loss, now exercise/good nutrition
Start Date: Feb 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneed View Post
I am having an issue with coffee mate too. I would do the sugar free coffee mate if they had an unflavored option, but they don't. Does anyone have any suggestions on what to put in my coffee that won't keep me out of ketosis?
You could try splenda and cream (small amount).

To be honest, I had to give up coffee. I could only drink it with the fancy creamers because apparently I hate the taste of actual coffee. So to avoid all the calories/carbs I stopped it.

I have been cutting down on caffeine, and am now limited to a single cherry diet pepsi/coke in the morning to avert the withdrawal headache. I hope to cut down even more soon. I usually just do water with some calorie free flavor inhancers.
dtg1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 07:17 PM   #7
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 15
Gallery: reneed
I know I should. I am a coffee/diet coke junkie and I really need to quit. I find that my coffee wakes me up and helps me stay full and the DC keeps me going. I have been so tired lately
reneed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 01:20 PM   #8
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 7
Gallery: emeghdir
I'm in the first week - it's been 2 days so far for me. I still drink coffee, just wondering, is Splenda and/or CoffeeMate Creamer Sugar Free ok? It seemed like they only gave 2 options at my consultation - the Land o'Lakes Mini Moos or CoffeeMate powder. My Creamer is definitely sugar free, but it's sucralose, which is what Splenda is. Is this ok? Not sure why they gave me only 2 options?
emeghdir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 01:44 PM   #9
Junior LCF Member
 
dtg1990's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Orlando
Posts: 57
Gallery: dtg1990
Stats: 64" 163/126.6/120
WOE: Was Medi Weight Loss, now exercise/good nutrition
Start Date: Feb 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by emeghdir View Post
I'm in the first week - it's been 2 days so far for me. I still drink coffee, just wondering, is Splenda and/or CoffeeMate Creamer Sugar Free ok? It seemed like they only gave 2 options at my consultation - the Land o'Lakes Mini Moos or CoffeeMate powder. My Creamer is definitely sugar free, but it's sucralose, which is what Splenda is. Is this ok? Not sure why they gave me only 2 options?

Keep track of your carbs, as long as your total during the first week is less than 10, and you are in ketosis by day 5, you should be fine. I just know that with how much creamer I needed, I had to stop drinking coffee.
dtg1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 01:48 PM   #10
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 7
Gallery: emeghdir
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtg1990 View Post
Keep track of your carbs, as long as your total during the first week is less than 10, and you are in ketosis by day 5, you should be fine. I just know that with how much creamer I needed, I had to stop drinking coffee.
Total per day, correct? That's awesome that you said that, because that was going to be my next question! :-) Thanks so much for reading my mind!
emeghdir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 04:06 PM   #11
Junior LCF Member
 
dtg1990's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Orlando
Posts: 57
Gallery: dtg1990
Stats: 64" 163/126.6/120
WOE: Was Medi Weight Loss, now exercise/good nutrition
Start Date: Feb 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by emeghdir View Post
Total per day, correct? That's awesome that you said that, because that was going to be my next question! :-) Thanks so much for reading my mind!
Yes, 10 grams of carbs per day for week 1, then whatever your clinic sets after that. My limit is 25. I also go out of ketosis if I eat sugar alcohols so you will have to determine if you count those. I have to.

Good luck, week 1 can be hard but it is easier after that.
dtg1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:37 AM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.