Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2013, 02:34 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Amber2013
Stats: 182.8/164.5/130
WOE: Mediweightloss
Start Date: 5/1/2013
Carb/Protein Help for Newbie

Ok - weigh in was today at the end of week 1 and I'm down only a mere two pounds. Gave myself a pep talk and picked myself up and will continue. But I need help. I'm a vegetarian and the NP said that you are allowed up to 20g of carbs per day, but that I would be ok with up to 30g.

Here's my problem. Since my protein sources are non-meat based or in other words, not non-processed, they inherently have carbs. Yes, there are lower carb based items, but how worried should I be about this?

Here's what my day looks like:

MWL chocolate shake (2g carbs) with 1/2 cup almond milk (.5g)
Quorn chik'n tenders (9g carbs) with 1/2 cup shitake mushrooms (5g)
MWL chocolate shake (2g carbs) with 1/4 cup almond milk (.25g) and 1/4 cup light Silk soy milk (1.25g carbs) - ran out of almond milk

I haven't even eaten dinner and my carbs are at 20g for the day without worrying about dinner's protein, veg, and "snack." Am I overthinking this?

BTW she also said that on days when I work out to add extra protein to my diet. I've read here that some people do and some don't. Anyone have success doing it?
Amber2013 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-08-2013, 03:52 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: eptexy
Stats: 5'4 165/132/125
WOE: Medi Weightloss - Maintenance!!!
Start Date: March 2010
I would think you would for sure be losing on that - just based on calories alone! Are you in ketosis? Are you drinking enough water?

There was another vegetarian here. She got to maintenance. I can't remember her name but I will look tonight for you.
eptexy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 01:59 PM   #3
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Amber2013
Stats: 182.8/164.5/130
WOE: Mediweightloss
Start Date: 5/1/2013
Definitely drinking enough water so it's not that for sure. "Large" every day for ketosis as well.

After a short meltdown trying to figure out how the heck I'm going to do this, I got to work. They said to keep the carbs to under 30g but that's not happening. I see people on these boards say that they keep it to under 40g and that's what I'll strive to do. Considering the veggie servings each have 5g, my protein sources all have carbs so I'm not going to kill myself. I did go back over week 1 and look up the carb counts and saw that one of my veggie burgers had 18g carbs, beans were high, too. So I think I'll just have to play around with it a little and see what happens.
Amber2013 is offline   Reply With Quote