Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Medi Weightloss (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/medi-weightloss/)
-   -   Advice - ASAP if possible. (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/medi-weightloss/799287-advice-asap-if-possible.html)

SusieQusie60 03-12-2013 09:21 AM

Advice - ASAP if possible.

Long story short my son is home from college (with his new girlfriend) and they want to have pizza/calzones tonight from our favorite place. (We're in the NYC area and they go to college in the mid-west, plus she lives on the west coast, so it's a big attraction for them!!!)

Under normal circumstances I'd be totally fine with finding something low carb on the menu - my hubby's been doing it for months now. He usually gets a combo of meatball and sausage parmigiana and it works great for him.

However, today is day 6 of week 1, and obviously I'm being as good as humanly possible. I really want to see some good results when I go for my weigh-in tomorrow.

What do you all think would be my best bet tonight? Should I just stick with take-out and forgo their food all together? I guess I just want to be sure I'm not forgetting any good ideas about what I might order. Thanks!!!

SQ

ictdeb 03-12-2013 07:26 PM

SQ, sorry for the late reply! I am just getting home from one one of my longest days of the week! Well, they're ALL long, but that's a whole other story. Hope you made a good choice when it came down to it!!

Personally, I stay away from take-out and eating out all together if I can. We did go out to eat last weekend, and I ordered the smallest fillet steak on the menu (not drenched in butter, please...why do they do that??), a side salad and asparagus. Even before going on Medi, I did a lot of cooking in advance because I just don't think ahead for dinner. So I try to keep things in the fridge & freezer that are easy to grab at mealtime. Last weekend, I put chicken breasts in the crockpot with just some water, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. I also browned a pound of ground turkey mixed with a pound of lean ground beef and mixed that with some taco seasoning. Both of those things I weighed out into individual servings so I don't even have to think about how much I am eating.

SusieQusie60 03-12-2013 08:03 PM

All's well....

So we decided to skip our favorite pizzeria (yay - pretty limited menu) and we instead went out to dinner at our favorite little Italian restaurant. I really rocked it!!!

They had a salmon special so I just ordered it "plain" and grilled, and didn't even touch the steamed veggies that came with it. The fish was delicious and I was perfect. I'm feeling pretty darn proud of myself right now.

Tomorrow afternoon is my weigh-in...the end of week one. I really do hope I do ok.

SQ

Laurie North 03-12-2013 08:15 PM

Good job SQ! I feel your pain though. I have 2 sons at different schools with different spring breaks. This week has been tough with DS1 home, and for my week 1 I had DS2 home. Of my 3 weeks back on Medi, the week both were at school was my best. ;)

SusieQusie60 03-13-2013 03:40 AM

Laurie - that's truly MIXED feelings right? What's nicer than having your kid home from school, but oh, so much stuff revolves around food. Heck, I didn't even mention that he and his new girlfriend baked the most unbelievable looking chocolate chip cookies yesterday!! As a side note: she might be a keeper. I didn't go in to detail, but did tell them I'd just started a diet this week. She was so apologetic about the cookies. Very cute about it. I'm happy to say she and my son were both supportive of me yesterday (hubby too.)

Good luck with your boys and your medi Laurie!