Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2013, 10:56 AM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ncgirl37
Stats: 188.6/187.4/140 5'7
Start Date: 10/19/13
Medifast Worth the $$?

Hi I am thinking of doing MediFast. If I may ask, about how much is it for everything? I will be going to a location in Charlotte NC. Have most of you been able to keep the weight off? Would you recommend? Thanks!!!!
ncgirl37 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-20-2013, 11:42 AM   #2
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: NCBookworm
Stats: 245.6/188.0/155
Start Date: 10/19/12
Hi, ncgirl! This forum is for the Medi Weightloss plan, which is different from MediFast. If you're looking into Medi Weightloss, then yes, I can wholeheartedly say that it is worth every penny to me. I've tried for years to lose weight on my own and with Weight Watchers, but this has been the program that's actually worked for me so far. I don't feel deprived, so I'm not fighting the constant mental battle that used to defeat my weight loss efforts. I can tell you more if Medi is indeed what you want to know about. Good luck!
NCBookworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 11:46 AM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Yes I'm talking about Medi Weight Loss. I just used the wrong name..my bad

Last edited by ncgirl37; 02-20-2013 at 11:48 AM..
Old 02-20-2013, 12:24 PM   #4
Junior LCF Member

Great! So yes, I recommend Medi 100%. I love that I can cook my own food (no prepackaged meals required), and so far, I have not been sick of this plan at all. I've lost 40 lbs. in 4 months, and looking back, it's been SO EASY. In the past, I would follow a program, feel deprived, and blow all my hard work, gaining back all the weight I'd lost. The queen of the yo-yo. Most Medi patients are offered an appetite suppressant, and I have to say that for me, it's the key to doing away with the food thoughts, especially at the beginning. The eating plan is low carb, and getting those carbs out of my system knocked out the cravings.

I was lax about following the plan over the holidays (lots of cookie-related slips), and I still lost weight, but once I recommitted (mentally) to sticking to plan at the start of the year, the weight just started falling off. Medi isn't cheap, so no need to drag it out if I don't have to!

I go to the South Park clinic in Charlotte and really like the staff there. The counselors and medical staff are full of great ideas and information. This is the first time I've ever been 100% confident that I'll reach my goal and maintain it. No doubt in my mind--I'll be in my high school jeans this summer. If you decide to join, let us know on the Medi Friends in 2013 thread! Google medi weightloss coupon to find a $25-off-initial-consultation coupon.
Old 02-20-2013, 12:32 PM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks for all the info!!! The South Park location is near the law firm I work at so that's where I want to go. Do you mind if I ask how much? I still want to go regardless bc I need to do something that works!
Old 02-20-2013, 12:40 PM   #6
Junior LCF Member

I don't mind at all. With the coupon, my first visit was around $200 or $225. (This includes your initial eval and bloodwork, starter materials, and one month's worth of supplements.) Every weekly visit thereafter is $70, which includes a B12 shot. The optional B6/B1 shot is $10 extra. You get one free mid-week B12 shot (at which time you can get a $10 B6/B1 shot, too, if you want).

I have found good lower-cost substitutes for all Medi supplements except the Fat Burner, which I still get at the clinic each month for $25ish.
Old 02-27-2013, 11:12 AM   #7
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Birdie31
Stats: 155/137/138
WOE: Medi fast
Start Date: 03/26/2012
I am from Charlotte as well and decided to try it on my own. The first week was very hard because I didn't use any of the appetite suppressants. However I did go to my local GNC and stock up on vitamins. After day 3 I felt great. I have lost a total of 15 lbs and kept it off for a year. I have to say it has taught me a different way to eat. I allow weekend treats, and stay protein and veggies during the week. If you think that you could do it there are other resources besides the actual clinic you'll just have to research them. Otherwise, if you have the money go for. I know a co-worker that decided to do the clinic after seeing my results, but she didn't stick to it and the weight came back.
Birdie31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 01:52 PM   #8
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: staystrong
Hi BIrdie-- i did medi weight loss. and YES it did work but it was getting to be WAYYYYYYYY to expensive.. only to find out in the "maintenance phase was $150 (some figure arouind there) i just coudnt afford it anymore!) about 15 lbs later i added back on! what do u recommend that i can do to actually get this weight off and stay at a consistent weight?? i dont take the supplements anymore.. i really feel the PH helped a lot..... that they give you......
staystrong is offline   Reply With Quote