Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2013, 08:04 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Cricketleg
Stats: 212.8/194.2/165
Start Date: 12-29-12
What do you do when you get tired of it?

Maybe it's just that I'm a woman and I'm going through a, um, cycle thing right now, but I'm SO SICK OF PROTEIN!!! I'm really struggling right now and there's a voice in my head saying stuff like:

What's the big deal? Just have some toast already!

This is no fun.

I miss baking. Let's make cookies.

Will I never eat bread again???

etc.

I guess since the weight loss has slowed down, the excitement has too. What do you do when you are ready to call it quits? How do you get over it?
Cricketleg is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-09-2013, 10:10 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jessica1129
Stats: 5'9 293/221.8/170
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: February 1, 2012 - June 9, 2012; restart Jan 2013
I put on a pair of my old jeans or look at old pictures for motivation when I need it! My clinic also allows the breyers carb smart ice cream or sugar free candy as long as I don't have it every day, so that helps when its "that time". Atkins bars help sometimes too, just to have something a little different. You can do it!
Jessica1129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 04:06 PM   #3
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: snickers..mama
Stats: 221/169/145
WOE: medi wt loss
Start Date: 12/2012
I look at recopied for new ideas. Packing lunch leaves few options. I never know when I will est hectic schedule. I am altering recopied to be no garb. I baked. All sorts of stuff at Christmas but didn't eat it. I drank lots of water and hot tea. I just bought the medic chocalate sensation.they let me try one before I bought it. Dark chocalate and very good.two months no chocalate is a record for me. I was down last week same reason doubled down plus. Bought a couple items in a smaller. Size. That's when my coworkers took notice of the loss. Hang in there you are worth it!

Last edited by snickers..mama; 02-09-2013 at 04:08 PM..
snickers..mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 11:33 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: katew1129
Stats: 232/212/130
WOE: Medi-weight loss
Start Date: January 2013
I totally understand! I would read the recipes at the top of the board. There are a bunch to try, including desserts. I also have had the Breyers carb smart ice cream and it has helped satisfy a craving. Also, when I just can't handle anymore protein (like chicken, deli meat, etc) I will drink an EAS Carb Control Shake.

I started a recipe binder of medi friendly recipes and flip through each weekend to give me new ideas. I can't eat the same thing everyday for more than 2 weeks so have to mix it up. Good luck!!
katew1129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 08:26 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

I am really struggling right now. DH and I are contemplating getting the bioidentical HRT at the Medi-related clinic, A New You, to tackle our low testosterone levels. Low T can cause trouble losing weight, brain fog, fatigue, etc. I'm wondering if I ought to just pour my money into that instead of Medi. I don't know. I'm so tired, hungry, and conflicted right now. I'm really sick of this WOE and I don't know how much longer I can do it!
Old 02-12-2013, 12:47 PM   #6
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: NCBookworm
Stats: 245.6/188.0/155
Start Date: 10/19/12
Oh, no! I'm sorry you're sick of it. One thing I love about Medi is that I've been doing it for almost 4 months now and am not sick of it at all, but honestly, I'm sure the AS has a lot to do with that. They take the food thoughts away. This former bread/cookie/cake lover doesn't even miss it. Who knows how long I could have stuck with this without the AS. You are tough stuff! If you want to give it one last try, post what you've been eating/what you're sick of, and we'll give you ideas for new foods. We can be your menu planners!

I did find that once the carbs were out of my system, I don't crave them anymore. If I do crave them, I can take a break and think about what I may have eaten in the past few days that started a craving cycle. Once I think it out like that, I can move past the craving.

If your endocrinologist thinks the testosterone treatment is the best thing for you, then you can't argue with that. Hormonal imbalances are no joke! You owe it to yourself to take the best possible care of yourself that you can. It's definitely worth talking to your doc or even a Medi/A New You staffer about it.

Thinking of you, Cricketleg! Be kind to yourself and do the very best thing for you.
NCBookworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 05:15 AM   #7
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Dinp120
Stats: 5'10" 199/157/140
WOE: Medi weightloss
Start Date: 5/18/2012
I think we've all been through a period of being tired of eating protein. There are some days I think if I have to eat another bite of chicken that ill be sick! So for me, it's all about making sure I have enough variety. Yes, I do eat a lot of the same things on a daily basis, but I've found just incorporating even 1new recipe helps.

Pinterest actually has A LOT of low carb recipes if you search for them. I have found many different things I would have never thought to try. My clinic actually suggested me heck in it out and it is great! You do have to read each recipe carefully though and tweak a few things here and there on some recipes, but on a whole, it has really made getting through those times when I'm sick of it a lot better.
Dinp120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 08:32 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CrazyCatLady
Stats: 5'6 229/147/145-150
Start Date: May 11, 2012
Is it the meat you're getting tired of? Because once you start discovering other protein sources, you can cut down on meat quite a bit. I've listed some examples off the top of my head, along with a few other snack ideas.

Sweet:
-I eat cottage cheese with Torani Vanilla sugar free syrup and a dash of cinnamon.
-I make egg custard with eggs, almond milk and Torani syrup or Sucralose to Go (liquid sucralose - i.e. Splenda).
-I make pancakes with protein powder, egg beaters and cream cheese (and use sugar free syrup). You can also make crepes with just cream cheese and egg beaters.
-I use defatted peanut flour in the pancakes sometimes too to make peanut butter pancakes. I also use it in shakes or yogurt.
-A tablespoon of sugar free pudding is good for changing up shake flavors. And if you put the shake in the freezer for 20-30 minutes it makes a nice frozen treat.
-Almond Breeze Unsweetened Chocolate Almond milk, when heated and with a little liquid sucralose, makes a really good hot chocolate for: 1 cup / Calories: 45 / Protein: 2 / Carbs: 3 / Fiber: 1 / Net Carbs: 2
OR
-Kroger Dutch Hot Cocoa Mix Fat Free, 1 Packet, Calories: 25 / Protein: 1 / Carbs: 4 / Fiber:1 / Net Carbs: 3
-Hershey's Cocoa can be added to a variety of things: 1 tablespoon, Calories: 10 / Protein: 1 / Carbs: 3 / Fiber:2 / Net Carbs:1

Savory:
-I slice zucchini, spray it with cooking spray, bake for 15-20 minutes, and in the last 5 sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
-I melt fat free cream cheese or fat free cheese slices (read the labels and get the lowest calorie lowest carb one) on cooked cauliflower.
-I put fat free cream cheese in soup - it gives it a creamy base. Parmesan works too, or Laughing Cow spreadable cheese, which comes in different flavors.
-I also use a lot of Kroger Real Bacon Bits to flavor vegetables, they're 25 calories per tablespoon.
-You can also chop up stalk of green onion (the green part too), or some red pepper to add to veggies, just be sure to account for the carbs. I especially like broccoli with red peppers drizzled with olive oil and a little garlic salt.
-My latest discovery is a frittata, which is vegetables in scrambled eggs. Grated zucchini is really good with egg beaters.
-Frozen spinach and cream cheese are really good in an omelet. Especially with Jimmy Dean Turkey Sausage Crumbles.
-I recently discovered you can make a pretty decent salad dressing with just vinegar and season salt. Olive oil is a healthy fat, and what I usually use in my dressing along with vinegar and seasoning, but if you don't have many calories left for the day, a mixture of lettuce, spinach, and a little vinegar and season salt (or cajun seasoning) can make a pretty decent sized, flavorful bowl of food with very little calories and carbs.

My latest favorite crunchy snacks (I always bring one of these in my lunch to work). Please don't take these stats as gospel, its late and I may have made mistakes with all these numbers, this is just to give you some ideas:
-Sugar Snap Peas (raw), 1-1/3 cups / Calories:35 / Protein:2 / Carbs:6 / Fiber:2 / Net Carbs:4
-Celery, 226 grams (I weigh it on my Biggest Loser Digital Scale) / Calories:32 / Protein:2 / Carbs:7 / Fiber:4 / Net Carbs:3
-Red Bell Peppers, 1 medium / Calories:30/ Protein:2 / Carbs:8 / Fiber:2 / Net Carbs:6

And here's some stats for some other low calories low carb vegetables, just to give you some ideas.
-Red leaf Lettuce / 2 cup shredded / Calories:9 / Protein:1 / Carbs:1 / Fiber:1/ Net Carbs:0
-Spinach - Raw, 2 cup / Calories:14 / Protein:2 / Carbs:2 / Fiber:1/ Net Carbs:1
-Green Onion, Raw, 2 stalk / Calories:6 / Protein:0 / Carbs:1 / Fiber:1/ Net Carbs:0
-Cauliflower - Raw, 1 cup / Calories:25 / Protein:2 / Carbs:5 / Fiber:3 / Net Carbs:2

I also make lots of soups with various combos of fresh or frozen veggies, chicken (ground, fresh, frozen, or even canned), smoked turkey sausage, diced ham, cream cheese, seasonings, chicken broth, and sometimes even fat free cheese slices or bacon bits. Just whatever sounds good together.

I hope this helps and isn't too mish-mashed and confusing. I just threw it together. :-)

Last edited by CrazyCatLady; 02-23-2013 at 09:09 PM..
CrazyCatLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 09:35 PM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CrazyCatLady
Stats: 5'6 229/147/145-150
Start Date: May 11, 2012
I keep thinking of stuff and coming back and adding them, LOL! Here's another one:

Fage Fat Free plain yogurt can be mixed with dry ranch dressing mix for a high protein ranch dressing. You have to watch your amounts with the carbs, but this is usually enough for 2-4 cups of salad:
-2 tbls Fage Fat free plain yogurt, Cal 33, Protein 6, Carb 2
-1 tsp Hidden Valley Ranch Dry Mix, Cal 10, Carb 2
-Enough water to thin it out to salad dressing consistency.
Total: Calories: 43 / Protein: 6 / Carbs: 4

Once again, it's late and I'm copying and pasting numbers, so be sure to verify these things. I just wanted to give you a rough estimate so you can figure out what items might work for you. And I can't really remember how much ranch I usually use, it may have been 2 tsp, so you'll have to just try it and see how it taste to you, but this should give you the general idea.

Last edited by CrazyCatLady; 02-23-2013 at 09:38 PM..
CrazyCatLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 07:14 PM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Fit2010
Stats: Ht 5'3" Wt 12/09=190;9/10=137;2/14=196.5
WOE: MediWeightLoss-like/Atkins-like
Start Date: 12-28-09; restart 02-07-14
CrazyCatLady....Thank you for ALL the info!!
Fit2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 06:47 AM   #11
Junior LCF Member

Indeed, CrazyCatLady is the best! Thank you for all these ideas!
Old 03-09-2013, 07:09 AM   #12
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: dtg1990
Stats: 64" 163/126.6/120
WOE: Was Medi Weight Loss, now exercise/good nutrition
Start Date: Feb 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cricketleg View Post
I am really struggling right now. DH and I are contemplating getting the bioidentical HRT at the Medi-related clinic, A New You, to tackle our low testosterone levels. Low T can cause trouble losing weight, brain fog, fatigue, etc. I'm wondering if I ought to just pour my money into that instead of Medi. I don't know. I'm so tired, hungry, and conflicted right now. I'm really sick of this WOE and I don't know how much longer I can do it!

New to mediweight loss--what is your calorie level and are you on appetitie suppressants? I am on the 30mg phentermine and at my last visit I was told that is a low dose. Perhaps you could ask for the AS or an increased dose to help with the hunger.

I don't know how to help with the fatigue though...
dtg1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 10:16 AM   #13
Senior LCF Member

Been doing better lately. I did get cleared for the AS, so that has helped. I'm taking the phendimatrazine (sp?) though, 3x day. My best results seem to come when I eat around 825 calories (my range is 600-900). The AS help with fatigue, but that's a temporary help. I hope I can build up the low T on my own.
Old 03-13-2013, 07:24 AM   #14
Junior LCF Member

Cricketleg, I just noticed your progress! You are rocking it! Hooray!
Old 03-13-2013, 08:18 AM   #15
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: SusieQusie60
Stats: 180.5/172/150
WOE: Medi weightloss
Start Date: 3/7/13
Cricket - I've been on the Bio-identical HRT for almost a year now. It's helped me alot in many different ways.
SusieQusie60 is offline   Reply With Quote