Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2013, 05:12 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Cricketleg
Stats: 212.8/194.2/165
Start Date: 12-29-12
For those in the Wellness phase....

I was just wondering.....what does a typical day of eating look like for you now?
Cricketleg is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-14-2013, 07:59 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CrazyCatLady
Stats: 5'6 229/147/145-150
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: May 11, 2012
It's basically the same, just more food. I still spend a lot of time calculating and planning meals. And I still eat a lot of low carb veggies. The main difference is now I get to include small amounts of foods that were no-no's before, like bananas, oatmeal, brown rice, sweet potatoes, etc. But it is VERY limited. I get the tiniest bananas I can find, and only eat 1/2 cup of brown rice in a day (but not together, I usually pick one high carb a day and have a small amount of it). I've also been occasionally eating some carefully measured air popped popcorn, but I have to keep my carbs fairly low for the rest of the day to fit it in.

I've been experimenting on when I should consume the most carbs. I was eating oatmeal in the morning thinking it would would hold me over longer, but I've found I still eat just as much no matter what I have for breakfast. So I've switched back to a protein shake in the morning, but now I add a half of a small banana. That leaves me more carbs for lunch and supper when I seem to need them the most.

So it's still a balancing act and takes a lot of planning, it's just different amounts now. Hang in there, you'll get to your goal weight before you know it! Try to stay focused and find some allowable foods you enjoy. Don't dwell on what you're missing, but embrace what you can eat right now. I think that sort of attitude really helped me stick with it.

Last edited by CrazyCatLady; 02-14-2013 at 08:01 PM..
CrazyCatLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 05:46 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Cricketleg
Stats: 212.8/194.2/165
Start Date: 12-29-12
It helps to be reminded that I won't be eating this way forever, which is what it feels like sometimes! Thanks.
Cricketleg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 01:56 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: eptexy
Stats: 5'4 165/132/125
WOE: Medi Weightloss - Maintenance!!!
Start Date: March 2010
You won't be eating like this forever but do remember that whatever plan you follow, there is NO finish line. Remember Maintenance is the most difficult part of the entire process! I can eat 1600 calories a day to maintain and Medi tells you to keep carbs under 100g (I aim for 50g however). Technically, I can eat anything I want within a calorie range BUT I know what I crave and what I will likely overeat.
eptexy is offline   Reply With Quote