Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2013, 01:40 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: LKelly
Stats: 247/179/150
WOE: Medi
Start Date: March 6, 2012
10 Months on Medi and having a tough time...

I've been on Medi since March and I'm having a tough time. I had a great run losing 75lbs but now am stuck!! I started off at 247lbs and my lowest was 172lbs. I'm now back up to 179lbs and really struggling. I don't want to go on protein only, and I REALLY don't want to take the script or stay-slim (I haven't used it this entire time). I feel like I'm slipping and it's so hard to get back on track!

My weakness is peanut butter. I'm having a few tablespoons every night and I can't stop the cravings. I can't stand to eat jello anymore. Does anyone have any other suggestions on desserts or quick snacks?

My goal weight is 150 so I still have another (now) 29lbs to go. I'm so frustrated with myself and want to get back down to the 172's and eventually the 150s!!!
LKelly is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-22-2013, 02:44 PM   #2
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: snickers..mama
Stats: 221/169/145
WOE: medi wt loss
Start Date: 12/2012
Have you tried there peanut butter bars? How about setting aside a few calories for sn evening snack that is medic friendly?. Sometimes I will pop 2 or3 turkey pepperoni in the evening

Other days a Greek yogurt. I find if I add in an. Extra serving of protein in the evening I
Am less likely to feel the need for a snack.I understand the peanut butter I have given it up for that reason
There are low garb peanut butter cups at Cvs in the dietary area. I used them years ago as a reward when reddest cups were overwhelming me.
in diet
snickers..mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 03:37 PM   #3
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: CurvyGirl
Stats: 228/196/??
I am so impressed with your loss and commitment so far, LKelly! Seriously amazing.
I'm newish to the plan, so I don't know how I would feel after 10 months. I wish I could help with that part.
As for snacks: I do like making my own PB with PB2. They have some recipes on their website for desserts that might be good. Hmmm...what else? Someone gave me a recipe for homemade protein bars: 1 1/3 cup Chocolate Protein Powder, 2/3 cup Ground Flax Meal, 4 Tablespoons of Natural Peanut butter (Smooth or Chunky your choice), 2/3 cup Splenda, 1/4 cup water

Mix the dry ingredients together then add water. It'll take awhile for the mixture to come together but if you feel you need more water add a tablespoon at a time until it brings it together. Divide into 4 equal portions and shape into bars. Wrap in Saran Wrap and freeze.

They aren't bad. A bit too much Splenda for my taste, and I use PB2 for the peanut butter.
CurvyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 08:39 PM   #4
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Bahet
Stats: 280/208/149
WOE: Medi-weightloss
Start Date: 05/03/12
We're like Medi twins! I started at the end of April at 280 nd lost 75 lbs and have gone up about 5 since then too. I'm also struggling. Have you tried Walden Farms peanut butter? I found it at Walmart. It's a totally free food with zero carbs, fat, and calories. It's not quite the same as peanut butter though. I like it in a mock crepe. I have a cast iron skillet that I pour a thin layer of liquid egg white on then when that's nearly set I spread on some of that WF peanut spread. They also make a chocolate sauce and a ranch dressing that are also not the same as the fatty/calorie laden/carby versions but for no fat, calories, carbs they are worth it.
Bahet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 03:28 AM   #5
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Dinp120
Stats: 5'10" 199/157/140
WOE: Medi weightloss
Start Date: 5/18/2012
I totally understand where you are coming from! I started medi in May and went through what you're going through back in October. I know you don't want to, but I would suggest doing a few days of week 1. It really helped me get back on track! And while going back to protein only isn't fun, it really sets both your mind and body up for getting back on track. For me, it was mentally being ready to commit 100% again...once I got to that point it was much easier again. If peanut butter is your problem, stop buying it for a few weeks so you won't be tempted with it in the cabinet For me, my weakness was vanilla Greek yogurt (I bought it by accident one day thinking it was plain and realized how delicious it was lol). Each time at the grocery store I'd buy some and then tell myself it was just an occasional special treat...then within the first few days I'd eat what I had bought.

Your biggest obstacle right now is yourself, so do everything in your power to not be tempted...don't buy item you know you will indulge in, look up recipes for alternate snack, drink some water or other no cal beverage when you're thinking of going for the peanut butter, etc.

You can do this and get to your goal!
Dinp120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 07:03 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Cricketleg
Stats: 212.8/194.2/165
Start Date: 12-29-12
I've been trying the PB2 in sugar free chocolate pudding packs. I also add in 1-2 Tbsp. of sugar free Cool Whip to make it more like mousse. It's really tasty. I try not to do it too often, just to watch the carbs but so far it hasn't impacted me negatively as long as I'm careful the rest of the day.

Good luck...you can do it!
Cricketleg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 07:47 AM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: katew1129
Stats: 232/212/130
WOE: Medi-weight loss
Start Date: January 2013
You have done AMAZING so far! Congrats!

I remember being at that point the first time I did medi. I was down about 80 and feeling good and slipping some. I am the same way with peanut butter! Have you tried the PB2. Not the same but a good alternative. I had to put myself on a 30 day Peanut butter strike....it was getting to be an issue.

I know you said you don't want to but I would do week 1. All protein just to reset your body and mind. You will probably have a decent loss and it will get you motivatied to stay on track.

Hang in there and stay strong!
katew1129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 08:03 AM   #8
Junior LCF Member

Thank you everyone for your suggestions and encouragement!!

I have never heard of PB2! What does it taste like? If its similar to the walden PB I can't do it. It tastes to much like vinegar to me.

I'm going to start week 1 again on Monday. I don't want to, but I think I have to. I am thinking about going back to Medi too. I didn't think the shots did much, but now I'm starting to think that maybe it does make a difference. It's just getting so pricey at $80/week after 10 months!

What about coffee? I've been drinking a lot of coffee lately. I drink my coffee black so I figured it was ok.

I have been eating very conservatively over the past few days and am at 177 this morning. I have to go to a dinner tonight and have to have dessert (chocolate cake with raspberries). I'm only going to take a small piece and start week 1 on Monday to get back on track.

Ugh...why can't we eat what we want and lose weight!!
Old 01-26-2013, 10:29 AM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LTinNC
Stats: 206/175.2/159
Start Date: 3/30/12
add me to the list of stuck after 11 months (march 30th). i took the start over suggestion and have done it for 2 days now. its HARD. harder than when i did it the first time, for me. but i am making myself do it. i REALLY want to reach my 159lb goal and i am TIRED of paying the weekly fee (well, it turns into every 2 weeks for me due to how far away my clinic is).

we CAN do it!

i am at 177.5 this morning too, home scales.

i weigh in next on monday, weather and sick children permitting!
LTinNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 01:16 PM   #10
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Dinp120
Stats: 5'10" 199/157/140
WOE: Medi weightloss
Start Date: 5/18/2012
LKelly, PB2 is a powdered peanut butter. I think it's flavor is pretty good. I've never tried it with water (to make it into peanut butter consistency, but I do mix it in things like yogurt or protein shakes and it tastes like the real thing. They also make chocolate PB2. I use that quite a but and like to mix that with 1 truvia I into a plain nonfat Greek yogurt.

I find it at a small health food store, but you can also order it online.
Dinp120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 01:20 PM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LTinNC
Stats: 206/175.2/159
Start Date: 3/30/12
some gold's gyms (and maybe others?) sell pb2 also. its about $7 a jar. also, if you have access to a commissary, many of them have it for about $3-4 a jar.

i have ordered from the website and shipping is expensive.
LTinNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 09:04 PM   #12
Junior LCF Member

Looks like I can get it from Amazon. Maybe I'll give it a try. Wish it was lower in carbs, but at least it's lower in fat and calories!!

LTinNC - Great job!! I will think of you on Monday when I start day 1. I must admit, I've tried protein only several times and was unable to do it. I think at first, I was so excited and determined to lose weight that it was so much easier. I find myself making excuses now. I have to buckle down and do it already...it's just so hard!

I had chocolate cake today. I weighed 177 this morning...I hope I don't go up too much tomorrow (yes I weigh myself everyday and I know it's terrible, but it's the first thing I do in the morning...after going to the bathroom of course!).
Old 01-27-2013, 10:34 AM   #13
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: CurvyGirl
Stats: 228/196/??
I don't think PB2 tastes anything like Walden. I found the Walden PB at Acme near me, and I was so excited about it. I got home, tried it, and hated it. I'm still going to try it in a few dishes to see if makes a difference. PB2 isn't bad with mixed with water. I'm a fan. I get it at GNC for $6/bottle.
CurvyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 04:51 PM   #14
Junior LCF Member

I caved and went back to medi. Only 0.8lb gain in 3 months of not going in...not bad. However, I should be at my goal weight by now. Ugh...so annoying!!!

Oh and thanks for the PB2 recommendation!!! Love it