Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2013, 07:02 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Cricketleg
Stats: 212.8/194.2/165
Start Date: 12-29-12
Week 4 Day 1 today.....impatient for Onederland

I've been stuck at 200 for the last 3 days and it's driving me crazy!! And I'm really struggling with carb cravings this week, especially at breakfast. Tired of eggs and meat. I want to try some of the breakfast recipes but I'll have to find those ingredients somewhere....not easy to find where I am so I may have to order online.

So in a few days I'm going to Disney (cruise plus resort) for a week and a half. I'm a bit terrified because I don't want to gain, would feel proud to maintain, but secretly want to lose. I have a prepaid Disney Dining Deluxe Pass which gives two snacks and three meals a day (it was purchased for me so I at least don't feel like I have to get MY money's worth out of it). The meals include Appetizer, Entree, AND dessert!! I've been printing out menus like crazy to try to prepare. I do plan on a few indulgences, but am trying to choose wisely the majority of the time (and I mean like 90% of the rest of the time!). But I am worried about losing control.

We are driving many many hours to get there. Any tips on eating clean while driving long distances?
Cricketleg is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-19-2013, 01:37 PM   #2
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: snickers..mama
Stats: 221/169/145
WOE: medi wt loss
Start Date: 12/2012
Cricket often on cruises they have special menus for a variety of dietary needs. I found out on my last cruise I have multiple food allergies they. Met with me each night to help ne find the hidden mushrooms. And seafood. As for eating on the road, I travel. Much of the day for work so my lunch is eaten on the road. Turkey. Pepperonni. I like that I can nibble as I drive and depending what brand you get up to17 for 70 calories.low fat cheese sticks are my go to when Ic cant make 500 calories. For the. Cruise take the stairs if you can there is always a line for the elevators. My legs are at there best after a cruise. Wonderland will come. I made it this week! I started to think I was going to stay @ 200. Enjoy yourself!!!
snickers..mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 06:56 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: beaching
Stats: 159/144/125
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 1/3/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cricketleg View Post
I've been printing out menus like crazy to try to prepare. I do plan on a few indulgences, but am trying to choose wisely the majority of the time (and I mean like 90% of the rest of the time!). But I am worried about losing control.
Good for you, Cricket, just trying to be prepared and strategizing is impressive. Hopefully you'll be moving around a lot and you can focus on fruits and proteins. Being on vacation is a huge challenge. I'm sure you'll do your very best!

BTW, I happen to love the Medi PB bars as a snack on the go. Perhaps you can bring those along on the road trip.
beaching is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 06:57 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: beaching
Stats: 159/144/125
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 1/3/13
P.S. Snickers, congrats on Onederland, that is Onederful!!!!

beaching is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 08:09 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CrazyCatLady
Stats: 5'6 229/147/145-150
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: May 11, 2012
I would suggest making yourself a cheat sheet for when you go eat. Include which are the low carb veggies and fruits, how much equals one serving, and the number of calories. I got a couple of handouts like this from the center when I first started, but I would narrow it down to the things you are most likely to eat so it will be easy to refer to.

They also have charts you can google that show a comparison for serving/portion size, like a serving of chicken should look the same size as a deck of cards, or a cup of broccoli is the size of your fist. I use those a lot when I'm eating out.

Also, you could plan ahead, in general tearms, what you're going to eat. For example - one lean meat, salad, one low carb veggie, berries for dessert, (or something like that). And it wouldn't hurt to decide ahead of time how many calories are alloted for each meal.

But the most important thing is to log everything you eat, preferably before you eat it. It will make you think twice before you overindulge. Sometimes I will sit there with my food in front of me while I write it down and calculate how many calories it's going to be, and I won't let myself begin eating until I'm done.

I hope this helps. And remember, even if you mess up one day, that doesn't mean to just throw in the towel. Every little bit helps, and every time you maintain control, that's just one more fraction of a pound you will lose. It all adds up!

Last edited by CrazyCatLady; 01-20-2013 at 08:10 PM..
CrazyCatLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:44 AM   #6
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: NCBookworm
Stats: 245.6/188.0/155
Start Date: 10/19/12
Cricketleg, I hear you! I am so excited to reach that 199 mark. It's just a matter of weeks now for me! You are doing great.

When I'm sick of eggs or meat, I do cottage cheese with a little SF raspberry preserves for breakfast. Quick and easy.

Disney cruises and resorts are known for being accommodating when it comes to special food requests. I really like CrazyCatLady's suggestion of continuing to write down every bite, even if you're on vacation.

When driving long distances, I pack a small cooler with turkey roll-ups, string cheese, hardboiled eggs (I just eat the whites), and as much water as I can fit. I don't go anywhere without protein bars, either.

Can't wait to hear about your vacation, the warm weather, and your successes! I hope you have the most wonderful time.
NCBookworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 04:59 PM   #7
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: CurvyGirl
Stats: 228/196/??
Good luck with this, Cricket! I'm sure you can do it. And I think CatLady's advice is really good: don't throw in the towel just because you overindulge. Each meal is a new opportunity. I also think snickers made a great point: just keep getting in the exercise. Maybe wear a pedometer so you're sure to get in lots of steps (is it supposed to be something like 10,000 a day?). If you can keep up with the exercise and do your best with the eating, then you will hopefully be good to go!
CurvyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 08:03 AM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Cricketleg
Stats: 212.8/194.2/165
Start Date: 12-29-12
Still waiting.....stuck at 200 for 6 days straight. It's funny that my body would pick 200. Body, why not 199.8? I mean, come on!
Cricketleg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 07:59 PM   #9
Senior LCF Member

I know it's easier said than done, but try not to weigh yourself every day. Once a week at most. You might try putting the scales up on the top shelf of a closet so it takes some effort to get to, then you won't be tempted to hop on it every time you see it. That way you can just concentrate on what you're doing rather than stressing about not losing. :-) You WILL get there, and onederland is a wonderful thing!

Last edited by CrazyCatLady; 01-23-2013 at 08:00 PM..
Old 01-23-2013, 08:09 PM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Well, I should have read the other posts, you've already hit onederland, and you've already discussed weighing daily. So never mind! LOL!