Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Medi Weightloss (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/medi-weightloss/)
-   -   end of week 1 appointment (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/medi-weightloss/792829-end-week-1-appointment.html)

Cricketleg 01-04-2013 08:26 PM

end of week 1 appointment

Went well today. Found out:
  • I have low testosterone (which means fatigue, mood swings, low libido, trouble losing weight....um, hello solved mystery!)
  • Total cholesterol good but LDL a little high
  • I am prediabetic (not surprised, I knew this even if my endocrinologist wouldn't believe me)

My first appointment was last Friday but because of my long drive and having no food with me that day I decided to start on Saturday. So by their accounts I lost 7 pounds in week 1. :jumpjoy: I'm waiting till tomorrow for my own weigh-in. I guess I can't have a signature yet....but that's down to 206 from 213 (on my way to 165). Hoping for Onederland very soon.

I have a Disney cruise/resort trip at the end of January that I'm trying to get into Onederland for (and as far INTO Onederland as possible). Freaking out a bit about how I'm going to eat there for 8 days plus 4 days of travel to and from. :stars:

Jessica1129 01-04-2013 10:42 PM

Congrats on your loss!! I'm sure you'll be able to get into onederland before then. My initial bloodwork all came back fine, except cholesterol and thyroid. When I had my 30lb loss blood work done, everything was normal. It seems to improve pretty quickly with this way of eating! You can't have a signature yet but you can put your "stats" over by your picture/info. Just go to user control panel - edit details. You'll be able to get a signature soon though! Its exciting to get to see the ticker move every week lol. I haven't personally gone on vacation so no advice there, but others have so hopefully someone while chime in with suggestions! But you can do it! You're off to a great start, keep it up!! :high5:

Dinp120 01-05-2013 05:48 AM

I've gone on vacation and stayed on plan back on my week 2. You just have to go into it with the mindset that you are going to stay on track. Choose things like seafood and veggies, grilled chicken, salads, etc. going to the Disney parks might be a little tricky but there are options. And while it may not be the best choice, a burger (minus bun) is usually on most menus. My clinic always tells me when I go out of town to just make the best choice possible in ever situation and always eat the protein.

Cricketleg 01-05-2013 06:19 AM

Hubby just joined Medi and he says he's not going to go overboard but is not really going to worry about it very much. If I do that, I know what will happen....OVERBOARD! So I'm prepping my mind for what I want and how I'm going to do it.

Great news! Today is MY weigh in day (since I started the day after my appointment). My first week loss is 8.4 pounds!! Woohoo!!:jumpjoy:

Cricketleg 01-05-2013 06:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jessica1129 (Post 16172512)
CYou can't have a signature yet but you can put your "stats" over by your picture/info. Just go to user control panel - edit details. You'll be able to get a signature soon though! Its exciting to get to see the ticker move every week lol.

Thanks, Jessica!

beaching 01-05-2013 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cricketleg (Post 16172853)
Great news! Today is MY weigh in day (since I started the day after my appointment). My first week loss is 8.4 pounds!! Woohoo!!:jumpjoy:

:notwrthy:

LTinNC 01-05-2013 09:51 AM

great job cricket leg!

CrazyCatLady 01-05-2013 01:02 PM

Way to go CricketLeg! Try not to stress about the future, just take it day by day. You CAN stay on track in any given situation just by making good choices. Hang in there!

chocolatefan 01-06-2013 05:43 AM

Wow! That's so awesome!! Good for you!!!!!

chrislaurie 01-06-2013 02:16 PM

Congrats Cricketleg, I too had a great 1st week with a loss of 10lbs. I am hoping to gain muscle this week when I weigh in.

beaching 01-07-2013 04:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrislaurie (Post 16176680)
Congrats Cricketleg, I too had a great 1st week with a loss of 10lbs. I am hoping to gain muscle this week when I weigh in.

:notwrthy:

Great job Chris.

Please stop by Medi Friends thread if you'd like. I know being new to Medi and still on week #1, I could use your support!