Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2013, 04:29 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: beaching
Stats: 159/144/125
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 1/3/13
MEDI FRIENDS IN 2013

Happy New Year!

This thread is for all the Medi friends ringing in a new year, a new healthier lifestyle and a new beginning.

Please join in to provide support, share ideas and experiences, seek assistance in the challenging moments and to be accountable in a visable way.

You may be considering Medi, you may be about to embark (like myself), you may be close to goal (Crazy Cat) or just looking for support as you commit to doing a Medi-like program. Welcome.

What we all have in common is an idea and a vision to be healthier.

We can do this.

beaching is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-01-2013, 04:32 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member

So, Polar Plunge today,

30 degrees and brisk.

This is my last hurrah as far as alcohol and indiscriminate eating.

So long indulgence.

Hello healthier, thinner me.

Old 01-01-2013, 07:00 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LTinNC
Stats: 206/175.2/159
Start Date: 3/30/12
i am jumping back into medi today! i was able to maintain thru the month of december, but i need to get the final 14 OFF!

welcome or welcome back everyone! we CAN do this!
LTinNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 11:13 AM   #4
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: snickers..mama
Stats: 221/169/145
WOE: medi wt loss
Start Date: 12/2012
Here's to all of and a healthy new year
snickers..mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 12:32 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: barbwired
Stats: 227/171/142
WOE: Low Carb/Low Cal
Start Date: November 17, 2010
Here's to a great 2013 for all of us! I am restarting tomorrow as well. Good luck everyone!

Barb
barbwired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 02:45 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CrazyCatLady
Stats: 5'6 229/147/145-150
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: May 11, 2012
I can hardly believe that this time last year I weighed 230. Although my plan was to lose 80 pounds by the end of the year, and I'm just about there, I can still hardly believe it. Of course, it doesn't end there, a whole new journey in maintenance will begin! Stick with it folks, you can do it!

BTW, I'm currently eating cauliflower that has been grated with a cheese grater and cooked in the microwave with chopped green onions, then mixed with butter, fat free cream cheese, Kroger Real bacon bits, salt and pepper. And it is soooo good!
CrazyCatLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 04:39 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LTinNC
Stats: 206/175.2/159
Start Date: 3/30/12
that cauliflower sounds good! will have to try that tomorrow! thanks for sharing!
LTinNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 05:48 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Cricketleg
Stats: 212.8/194.2/165
Start Date: 12-29-12
oh, that cauliflower sounds good!

Hoping 2013 is the year for me! Started Medi on 12/28 and am down 5.6 pounds as of this morning. Hoping to get a little more before Friday's weigh-in.

Looking forward to learning a lot from you all on how to not give up on this!!
Cricketleg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 11:24 PM   #9
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Diva888
WOE: Medi/Zone
Hello. I'm new to the boards. I am currently doing Medi. I deviated from the plan for the holidays, but I plan to get back on track today!!! I look forward to our success!!!
Diva888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 04:23 AM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Good Morning Friends!

Today I rid my house of snacks and sweets that presided over the holidays. The holidays are gone and I believe the next sevreal months are ideal for changing eating habits and establishing a healthy lifestyle for the spring and summer. It's a hibernation of sorts and we will emerge empowered for the spring.

I have my first consultation tomorrow at 9am. I've been instructed to fast for the blood panel and no lotions on my chest for the EKG. I wasn't psyched about having an EKG as I just saw my PCP and I am very healthy, however, the program manager explained that with the ASs, they like to get a baseline....which makes sense to me.

I'm very interested in learning the details of the food plan and will go shopping after my appt. My understanding is that week one is an acute transition to low carb and into ketosis.

I am ready.

To be accountable, I'll post my stats.

Crazy Cat, cauliflower is so versatile in it's mock meals. Have you ever heard about cailiflower pizza???

How is everyone eating these days? What are your go to meals?

Old 01-02-2013, 04:31 AM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Polar Plunge.jpg

Yesterday, Hubby, friends and I did the Newport RI Polar Plunge.

Frezzing cold but so invigorating!!!
Old 01-02-2013, 11:33 AM   #12
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Fit2010
Stats: Ht 5'3" Wt 12/09=190;9/10=137;2/14=196.5
WOE: MediWeightLoss-like/Atkins-like
Start Date: 12-28-09; restart 02-07-14
I'm in! Started yesterday morning and this AM I was already in trace ketosis. Don't be discouraged, newbies, I think I was so easily in ketosis due to being sick with bronchitis /laryngitis stuff the previous few days and it hurt to eat due to sore throat! I look forward to this journey with you all!
Fit2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 12:19 PM   #13
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: NCBookworm
Stats: 245.6/188.0/155
Start Date: 10/19/12
Hi, everyone! Thanks for starting the thread, Beaching! I can't wait to read about your success. Crazy Cat, it's been so cool to read through old posts and see how far you've come in a year. I've been steadily losing since my start in October, but I'll admit to being pretty lax over the holidays. Today starts my recommitment! This has been a great journey so far. My clothes are looser, and I feel great. Keep it up, y'all!
NCBookworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 03:45 AM   #14
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Dinp120
Stats: 5'10" 199/157/140
WOE: Medi weightloss
Start Date: 5/18/2012
I agree CrazyCatLady..it's hard to believe that this time last year I looked like a totally different person. I've maintained through the holidays but I'm going back to week 1 to see if I can jump start myself to lose these last few pounds. Unfortunately, it's harder an harder to lose now that I am so close to my personal goal.

But, speaking of grated cauliflower, I used it to make a pizza crust and it was delicious!..a little time consuming and messy but it definitely gets rid of a pizza craving. I don't remember the exact recipe but I'm sure it would come up in google. Just make sure to add lots of protein to make a balanced meal
Dinp120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 04:34 AM   #15
Senior LCF Member

I have my first consultation in 2 hours. I am so ready!

Here are 2 variations for the Cauliflower Pizza Crust:

Cauliflower Pizza #1

1 egg
½ cup mozzarella
1 cup mashed cauliflower
1 teaspoon minced garlic
¼ teaspoon Italian seasoning
Combine ingredients and spread evenly across 9” round pan. Bake @450 for 20 mins.

Remove from oven and top with:

4 tablespoons low sodium crushed tomato
½ cup mozzarella
1 cup raw spinach
½ cup grape tomato slices
4 ounces cooked ground turkey

Broil until crust and cheese browns

Cauliflower Pizza Crust #2

1 cup shredded cauliflower
1 oz low fat ricotta with 2 - 3 g of fat/oz
1 oz light mozzarella with 3 - 6 g of fat/oz
1/4 cup Egg Beaters
Seasonings to taste

Spread out into a circle on sprayed parchment paper and bake at 425ish for 45 - 60 minutes (MUCH longer than I've seen in all other recipes... which all turned out kind of mushy for me... I like it crispier.)

The toppings:
1/4 cup tomato puree
2 oz light 3 cheese blend with 3 - 6 g of fat/oz

I'll be back to report what I've learned today!

Old 01-03-2013, 05:55 AM   #16
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Cricketleg
Stats: 212.8/194.2/165
Start Date: 12-29-12
Can't wait to hear how your first visit went! I have my second appt tomorrow morning.
Cricketleg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 11:51 AM   #17
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: angelbaby
Stats: 222/160/150
Start Date: May 26, 2011
Hi, everyone! I was on Medi in 2011 for five months and lost 60 lbs. I maintained almost a year and then with the stress of work, life, etc I got off-track and went for the junk food, all the time. So, now I have 20 to loose to get back to my 160, and then who knows from there. Not sure yet.
Today is the first day, and although I am a little hungry, I feel so much lighter because I haven't gorged on food.
So, blessings to everyone on their new track!!! I look forward to many success stories!
--Angel
angelbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 12:20 PM   #18
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelbaby View Post
Hi, everyone! I was on Medi in 2011 for five months and lost 60 lbs. I maintained almost a year and then with the stress of work, life, etc I got off-track and went for the junk food, all the time. So, now I have 20 to loose to get back to my 160, and then who knows from there. Not sure yet.
Today is the first day, and although I am a little hungry, I feel so much lighter because I haven't gorged on food.
So, blessings to everyone on their new track!!! I look forward to many success stories!
--Angel
Hi Angel,

So glad you're here to share this program with us. Your experience with Medi is motivating, I'm sure you'll be at goal in no time.
Old 01-03-2013, 12:37 PM   #19
Senior LCF Member

My First Consultation

medi.jpg

I'll try to be concise but I'll be honest, there's so much info to organize in my brain.

I loved my Medi staff. They were very professional, educational and genuinely motivating.

I had my labs drawn and EKG done and they gave me a Medi peanut butter bar as I had been fasting for 12 hours. The bar was delish but they will not be part of week #1.

I learned about the nutritional plan for week #1, the hardest week of all. The goal is for around 500kcal (no less), 25-30g of carbs. I will basically be eating straight protein, no lettuce, veggies, ect. Typical suggested meals were provided and when I looked at the sample meal plan my thoughts were, "wow, that's not a lot of food". BUT, luckily for me it is foods I enjoy and already eat.

Of critical importance is journaling all meals, water, supplements as well as some behavioral measurments, for example, how hungry was I when I ate both before and after.

I got my B12 combo shot and the B6...yes, the B6 stung my butt for 30 seconds but it was a welcome sting. I am going to continue to get both shots at least through the first month as I want to try and follow the program to the tee. I also received a multi vitamin, calcium supplement, fat burner and I opted to buy the "Inner Balance" fiber pill as I tend to get constipated when not eating veggies.

I received my AS (appetite suppressant) and easily filled that at my local CVS. I'm not concerned about the side effects until I experience any, I kind like the idea of a presciption suppressant, especially at the beginning.

I already exercise on a regular basis, so it's up to me if I want to exercise this week. Since it always helps my mind I may do 20 minutes of cardio and or weight training insyead of my baseline 45-50 minutes.

Since I love eggs and egg whites my first meal was 5 egg whites and a Morningstar Breakfast Veggie sausage. It was filling and delish. Before sitting down to the computer I had 3oz of lean boiled ham (from Whole Foods) and a dab of Grey Poupon Mustard (0 carbs).

Water, water, water all day and continuously. I was also told to have a Zero Vitamin water or Zero Gaterade/day to supplement potassium.

My center gave me 2 one serving samples of chocolate and vanilla shake but I much prefer to eat my calories than dringk them.

For dinner I will have tuna with lemon juice mixed in with the low fat cottage cheese and that will be it for today. I do have chicken and beef broth if needed.

I'm very motivated and believe I can reach my goal with consistency over time...just in time for summer!!!!

Last edited by beaching; 01-03-2013 at 12:40 PM..
Old 01-03-2013, 06:13 PM   #20
Junior LCF Member

I think the key is push the fluids! I try to take a container of water with me (refillable). And fill it up at least three times in the office. I love moo so often add that for flavor. First week I was up three times a night but that has settled down. I even have forgotten. As somedays but notice no increased appetite. My biggedte issue is eating enough protein and getting the fat in.I sm in and out of my car all day pack food but never hungry. On call shifts mean somedays do not eat at all then grey to eat something at odd hours. Oh well made it a month andlosing weight. Coworkers threatening. To kick me out of diet challenge for cheating. Truth be told I think I am the only one to have lost weight so far!
Old 01-03-2013, 07:26 PM   #21
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: chocolatefan
Stats: 202/162/160
WOE: MWL
Start Date: February 2011
Quote:
--Angel
Hey Angel! We're in the same boat! I lost about 60 pounds but slipped into old habits--Just went to the clinic today after a 2 year absence! Felt great to get my materials, vitamins, and meal-plan. First day wasn't too horrible. I will admit I got hungry in the late afternoon, but I survived! So happy to have the first day under my belt! We can do it!!
chocolatefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 08:08 PM   #22
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CrazyCatLady
Stats: 5'6 229/147/145-150
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: May 11, 2012
Yeah, that first week is tough, but it can be done! Be careful with the exercise, just because you may get light headed easily.

If you get headaches or dizzy spells, drink your powerade zero, it really does help. I skipped the powerade and had it happen to me a few times. You'll also feel kind of groggy. It's normal, but it does pass. Your cravings will eventually die down as well.

Also, push, push, push the water! I ended up buying some 32 ounce see-through bottles that come with a plastic thing to freeze and keep it cold. I fill two of them up from my Brita pitcher at home, and take them to work. I give myself a time limit to drink each one. I've found that being able to see how much I have left to drink helps me keep at it.

I tell myself I have to finish the first one before I can eat lunch. At first I would forget, and suddenly realize it was time for lunch and I had a whole bottle to drink! Then I would have to sit there and down it before I could eat. The next goal is to drink the second one before I go home for the day. This is in addition to any tea, coffee, powerade, or soup. I'm lucky I sit close to the bathroom, because I go at LEAST once an hour.

Drinking all this water helps you in a few different ways. For one thing, it fills you up and helps to keep you from getting hungry. But also, the more you drink, the less water weight you will have. I know that doesn't sound right, but the way it was explained to me is, your body holds onto the water unless it is getting enough. When you drink enough, it flushes you out. So the more you drink, the more weight you will lose. There were weeks when I didn't do so well with my water, and although I lost fat, I gained water weight. It's very frustrating, but the water weight can be lost very quickly by guzzling the water, so don't despair if that happens. And of course it's just healthy to stay well hydrated.

Good luck everyone! Remember, if I could do it, anyone can! Just don't give up, and don't give in to the temptations. I promise it is worth it!
CrazyCatLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 03:35 AM   #23
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolatefan View Post
Hey Angel! We're in the same boat! I lost about 60 pounds but slipped into old habits--Just went to the clinic today after a 2 year absence! Felt great to get my materials, vitamins, and meal-plan. First day wasn't too horrible. I will admit I got hungry in the late afternoon, but I survived! So happy to have the first day under my belt! We can do it!!
Hi Chocolate! So glad you came to the boards as the more the merrier and strength in numbers.

It is very reassuring to see Medi-vets re-assessing and revisiting the program when thry've gained a little weight back. This awareness coupled with the accessibility of getting direct support from the clinic sounds like a smart safety net.
Old 01-04-2013, 03:53 AM   #24
Senior LCF Member

Good Morning Friends,

Well, Day #1 was a success. Managed to get all protein calories, water+ and supplements in. I slept well with the exception of hubby coming in late from travel and when I breifly awoke I felt earnest hunger pains but managed to get back to sleep.

I am up early and motvated, thus checking in here so I can chat about my plans for today.

My meal plan for today looks like:

5 egg whites, 1 Morningstar breakfast patty- breakfast

4oz lean deli ham rolled up with 2 wedges of Laughing Cow Light cheese- lunch

5oz grilled chix diced in chicken broth- dinner

If I exercise, which is my plan I will add a few oz of cocktail shrimp w/ lemon

Thanks Crazy Cat for your thoughts. My goal for today is water, water and Zero Vitamin water.

Have a successful and fully on plan day, friends!
Old 01-04-2013, 04:48 PM   #25
Junior LCF Member

Down 1.5 pounds this week which means 19in 5 weeks. People are noticing, its nice
Old 01-04-2013, 05:28 PM   #26
Junior LCF Member

Hi, lovelies! Thank you guys for welcoming me. Day 2 started off pretty blah, but i stuck it out, went and did an activity i enjoy to take my mind off of it (ice skating), and I feel lots better. How's everyone today?
Old 01-04-2013, 05:29 PM   #27
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by snickers..mama View Post
Down 1.5 pounds this week which means 19in 5 weeks. People are noticing, its nice
That is awesome that people are noticing. Keep it up! Thanks for the inspiration.
Old 01-04-2013, 05:31 PM   #28
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolatefan View Post
Looking forward to tracking both of our successes!!! Glad to meet
you
Old 01-04-2013, 05:32 PM   #29
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaching View Post
Good Morning Friends,

Well, Day #1 was a success. Managed to get all protein calories, water+ and supplements in. I slept well with the exception of hubby coming in late from travel and when I breifly awoke I felt earnest hunger pains but managed to get back to sleep.

I am up early and motvated, thus checking in here so I can chat about my plans for today.

My meal plan for today looks like:

5 egg whites, 1 Morningstar breakfast patty- breakfast

4oz lean deli ham rolled up with 2 wedges of Laughing Cow Light cheese- lunch

5oz grilled chix diced in chicken broth- dinner

If I exercise, which is my plan I will add a few oz of cocktail shrimp w/ lemon

Thanks Crazy Cat for your thoughts. My goal for today is water, water and Zero Vitamin water.

Have a successful and fully on plan day, friends!
How did you do today?
Old 01-04-2013, 05:38 PM   #30
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: chocolatefan
Stats: 202/162/160
WOE: MWL
Start Date: February 2011
Quote:
Hi, lovelies! Thank you guys for welcoming me. Day 2 started off pretty blah, but i stuck it out, went and did an activity i enjoy to take my mind off of it (ice skating), and I feel lots better. How's everyone today?
Day 2 for me as well! Hanging in there...The morning was a little shaky (kind of weak feeling), but I took the fat burners and Stay Slim and had some egg-whites and got back to feeling better! It's just hard to get this first week out of the way, and I keep thinking how nice my weigh-in will be after toughing it out. And next week, a few carbs! I just have to remind myself that I've done this before and it works!
chocolatefan is offline   Reply With Quote