Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2013, 06:17 AM   #241
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: beaching
Stats: 159/144/125
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 1/3/13
Morning Medi Peeps!

Super Bowl Sunday...

No big deal.

We know what we have to do.

Rock the program!
beaching is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-03-2013, 07:42 AM   #242
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: chrislaurie
WOE: lo carb
Thanks cat lady!
chrislaurie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 02:23 PM   #243
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: snickers..mama
Stats: 221/169/145
WOE: medi wt loss
Start Date: 12/2012
Well making medic friendly chicken dip using nonfatcream cheese. Also making no carbon meatballs with ground turkey breast. Looking forward to taking a nap!
snickers..mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 04:07 PM   #244
Senior LCF Member

Hi Everybody

I was surprised at my clinic visit today to learn that my clinic was no longer giving injections...

The vague explanation was that the owner made the decision, not sure whether it had to do with the distributor, or what.

So, instead they are now supplying members with the Metabolic Melts for daily intake. This eliminates the mid week visit.

Hmmmmm...

When I was checking out, I also was surprised to learn that my clinic charges $6 for the journals!!! What? For a stinkin journal???

No thank you. I can track on my own.

Just kind of surprised and wondering if any of this happens at your clinic?

Blue, if you are out there, does the Johnston clinic still do the injections?
Old 02-04-2013, 06:09 PM   #245
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jessica1129
Stats: 5'9 293/221.8/170
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: February 1, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by beaching View Post
Hi Everybody

I was surprised at my clinic visit today to learn that my clinic was no longer giving injections...

The vague explanation was that the owner made the decision, not sure whether it had to do with the distributor, or what.

So, instead they are now supplying members with the Metabolic Melts for daily intake. This eliminates the mid week visit.

Hmmmmm...

When I was checking out, I also was surprised to learn that my clinic charges $6 for the journals!!! What? For a stinkin journal???

Someone on here a while ago said their clinic had stopped giving injections too. I don't remember who said it or where they were from though. My clinic chaged $6 for the journals too, so I quit buying them. I'm not going to the clinic for now, but I do take the medi melts and like them.
Jessica1129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 06:22 PM   #246
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LTinNC
Stats: 206/175.2/159
Start Date: 3/30/12
the last 2 journals i have gotten at my clinic had coupons in the back, making them worth the $6. there is a $25 off an acute visit and free injection/s (cant remember 1 or 2 injections). i bought these journals a few months back once i discovered the coupons. they were not in my very first one. but i guess the injection coupon is worthless if your clinic is no longer doing injections....i wonder why....
LTinNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 08:27 AM   #247
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: NCBookworm
Stats: 245.6/188.0/155
Start Date: 10/19/12
Hi, everyone!

I've been down and out with a terrible cold and was really happy to see the thread so active while I was buried in a pile of Kleenex! I'm all better now. I love having so much to catch up on when it comes to reading about your successes.

Welcome, Buckeye and Busymom! Can't wait to follow your progress.

Congrats on 20 lbs. gone, Kate! I am so excited to head toward onederland, too.

Sue/Beaching, congrats on the big loss this week. I knew last week was a fluke! That's strange to hear that your clinic stopped giving shots.

I weighed in this AM and am down 2.6 (36 total!). They took pictures and did some bloodwork. Here's the funny thing: the Tanita scale printout says I lost lean body mass (4 lbs) and water and gained fat this week. I'm getting to the point where I take these readouts with a grain of salt. I'm following the plan to a T and getting my exercise. My clothes are getting really loose. I just don't believe I lost 4 lbs of muscle this week. What are your experiences with funny Tanita breakdowns?
NCBookworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 09:30 AM   #248
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: bluekate
Stats: 192/162/150
WOE: Mediloss
Start Date: 1/3/2013
Hi Beaching,

I stopped taking the shots 2 weeks ago and got the melts only because I couldnt stand the pain....They do charge for the journals with the coupon or they have the free journal with out coupons that's what was offered to me....When I go in on Thursday I will inquire about the shots and get back to you....I know last week they said the shots were on backorder, but I told them I take the melts....very interesting.
bluekate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 09:31 AM   #249
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Hi Everybody

Hmmmmm...

Awesome Job on your weightloss
Old 02-05-2013, 09:33 AM   #250
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Hi Everybody

Hmmmmm...

Beaching, Awesome job on your weightloss
Old 02-05-2013, 12:16 PM   #251
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluekate View Post
Hi Beaching,

I stopped taking the shots 2 weeks ago and got the melts only because I couldnt stand the pain....They do charge for the journals with the coupon or they have the free journal with out coupons that's what was offered to me....When I go in on Thursday I will inquire about the shots and get back to you....I know last week they said the shots were on backorder, but I told them I take the melts....very interesting.
I've bought 3 or 4 journals and never got any coupons. maybe it just varies per clinic.

NCBookworm, congrats on your loss! I haven't personally had any weird tanita readouts, but I've read several posts that said they did. If you're getting in all of your protein calories and your clothes are getting looser I doubt its lean mass that you're losing! Loose clothes is a great feeling.

Beaching, congrats on the loss!

Buckeye & Busymom!

Keep up the good work everyone!
Old 02-05-2013, 03:56 PM   #252
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCBookworm View Post
I weighed in this AM and am down 2.6 (36 total!)...
Hey Bookworm,

Good ridance nasty cold...

Yay for the weight loss,

and I bow to you on 36 pounds!

With the breakdown of weight loss...pffft, I gave up relying on those statistics. Like you, it's a loss and I can feel it.

Blue, I was hoping you were still around. How are things going?

Hi Jess! Always great to see your smiling face.

And shout outs to all our Medi friends. If you're struggling or needing support, just come in here for support.

Hope everyone is doing well.
Old 02-05-2013, 04:26 PM   #253
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: reinvented
Stats: 234/187.6/165
WOE: Medi/Stillmans
Start Date: 4/17/2009 restart 1/22/13
Quote:
Hi Everybody

Hmmmmm...

Hi! I went for my 2nd week weigh in and was told the same. I did kind of feel duped because the appt before mine was for an injection yet I was told like you the owner decided it cost too much. I tried the melts can give my full review until about after a week. I'm down 2.4 pounds this week a total of 13 pounds down. I was happy about that. I do feel they should've explained the injection ordeal better. I live in MA

Hi! I went for my 2nd week weigh in and was told the same. I did kind of feel duped because the appt before mine was for an injection yet I was told like you the owner decided it cost too much. I tried the melts can give my full review until about after a week. I'm down 2.4 pounds this week a total of 13 pounds down. I was happy about that. I do feel they should've explained the injection ordeal better. I live in MA. I also purchased the peppercorn dressing anyone else try it before?
week 3 = 3.6 216.6
week 4 = 3.2 213.4
week 5= 4.2 209.2
Week 6=1.8 207.4
Week 7= 3.2 204.2
week 8= no loss went off plan a day
week 9= 6.2 198
reinvented is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 05:38 PM   #254
Senior LCF Member

I asked about the melts and next week my clinic is switching over from the shots! I am thrilled because that means only one visit a week and the melts supposedly do the job of both injections!
Old 02-06-2013, 03:44 AM   #255
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by reinvented View Post
Hi! I went for my 2nd week weigh in and was told the same. I did kind of feel duped because the appt before mine was for an injection yet I was told like you the owner decided it cost too much. I tried the melts can give my full review until about after a week. I'm down 2.4 pounds this week a total of 13 pounds down. I was happy about that. I do feel they should've explained the injection ordeal better. I live in MA. I also purchased the peppercorn dressing anyone else try it before?
Hi Reinvented,

First, nice loss...

While I too felt a little duped I am now taking a very close look at all the extra expenses. I am a little suspicious that perhaps Medi may have been vulnerable at some level, whether it was the pharmacuetical supplier or the fact that they may have been over charging for what may amount to an OTC supplement administered by a medical professional. I sense it has something to with money or legal.

I think it may have been psychological at the beginning, receiving the injections, Afterall there are many low carb programs that don't use this method. I rather like the multi vite better...and probably can substitiute that too.

What does work for me is the weekly accountability of weighing in at the clinic.

It is no doubt very expensive...I can see why people do it on their own.

Just sayin'.....
Old 02-06-2013, 10:54 AM   #256
Junior LCF Member

Hey beaching!! Thanks I'm trying to lose this 55 pounds once and for all!!

Your right it is expensive but the accountability is why I am making the financial sacrifice. I did try Medi on my own and was successful but I have a tendency after losing 20 pounds to think that I am a skinny minnie and can afford a cheat day here and there which turns into an out of control binge. Then I'm back to where I started. So this time around I told myseld stick it out with the clinic and actually participate in wellness to keep the weight off.
Old 02-07-2013, 05:48 PM   #257
Senior LCF Member

Only down 1.2lbs this week for a total of 25lbs~ only 25 more til my goal weight. I am at a 1/2 way mark...yay! I really need to suck it up and get to regular exercise but am having a real difficult time getting it in. I know I should get up in the a.m. but am so exhausted I keep hitting the snooze. I have to find some motivation.....something big enough to pull me out of the covers!
Old 02-08-2013, 08:35 AM   #258
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: NCBookworm
Stats: 245.6/188.0/155
Start Date: 10/19/12
Jessica and Sue, thanks so much for the reassurance about the scale breakdowns. I'll probably put more "weight" in the lean vs. fat vs. water ratios as I get closer to goal. I feel super strong and healthy now, so it's not like I'm wasting away! Each pound lost is a victory. Medi really is the one that works.

Chrislaurie, congrats on being halfway there! You rock! Keep it up!

Welcome, Reinvented! Can't wait to follow your journey, if you'll keep us updated.

You are the best motivators! Your success helps me stick to the plan and stay on track.
NCBookworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 11:55 AM   #259
Junior LCF Member

Thanks all the support is a huge part of being anle to hit goal. I was a little discouraged because I weigh myself at home and I've been 219 for 5 days while still following the plan to a T this is my TOM so I'm trying not to get so stuck on it. I feel good and I've been excercising more. I have to keep on keepin on.
Old 02-08-2013, 12:20 PM   #260
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: buckeye76
Stats: 260/231/175
Start Date: 1/25/2013
Just back from my second week weigh in and I'm down another 5 pounds for a total of 15.5! If I could hit 20 pounds in 3 weeks I'd be so excited...I know that it's only a matter of time before this windfall comes to an end, but it sure is great seeing that scale continue to move down a pound(ish) a day.
buckeye76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 05:00 PM   #261
Junior LCF Member

Time to toot my own horn! After10 weeks I am doen29.5 pounds so almost averaging3 pounds per week. I am cleaning out clothes this weekend. It is amazing how much skimmer Ilook in pants that aren't falling off. Ok 45 more pounds to go. Starting Zimbabwe in the morning!
Old 02-08-2013, 05:05 PM   #262
Senior LCF Member

Congratulations to you! What a great feeling. Have others begun noticing yet? You and I are on similar paths. We had about the same starting/current weight. My goal is 170 and then I will maintain for a while before I loose the rest. Do you exercise?
Old 02-08-2013, 05:06 PM   #263
Junior LCF Member

Awesome Job Snickers...keep up the good work!!
Old 02-09-2013, 03:14 AM   #264
Junior LCF Member

I have not been exercising as. I would like. Odd schedule for work so simple changes to increase exercise. I park farther away
Ffrom office and anywhere Eldridge go. I can be driving 3 to four hours a day so movement is needed. I have a knee that is quite painful s nd Mt whole reason for weightloss. One surgery was enough. It is a slow recovery and excess weight can tear the miniscus. Both were. Torn in

My right knee. Probably from old falls but I am not risking it again. My coworkers really notice. I was hoping to recruit some to join me. That Zimbabwe above was to be zumba
Old 02-09-2013, 01:33 PM   #265
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: CurvyGirl
Stats: 228/196/??
Hey y'all,

Sounds like everyone is doing great! Good work! I've been discouraged after my last weigh in. I was up .2 lbs, which wasn't a big deal to me since I'd been traveling and wasn't perfectly on plan. I was actually pretty happy I hadn't really gained anything. But then the clinic professional said something to me that was just off. I was telling her how it was difficult to travel and be on plan as a vegetarian. And I make the best choices possible. She said to me: Well, you have to decide if this is going to right for you. Because if it isn't, there's no sense in doing it.

In writing, that doesn't look like terrible advice, but there was something in her tone that was so discouraging. All week I've felt deflated and even skipped my appt this week. I know I shouldn't let it bother me, but I can't seem to help it.

Anyone have advice for dealing with the 'negative nellies' in your life? My DH, in an attempt to be helpful, said, "Don't let it bother you." But that's not really all that helpful because it did.

Sigh.
CurvyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 02:32 PM   #266
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Dinp120
Stats: 5'10" 199/157/140
WOE: Medi weightloss
Start Date: 5/18/2012
CurvyGirl, you have to let your desire to lose weight and get healthy outweigh anything that anyone says! I know what you are going through...when I first started even my fiancé gave me a hard time about the plan. We had constant arguments over it for weeks. I ild myself that no matter what people's opinions are that I was doing it for myself. You just have to stay committed and keep in touch with reason why you wanted to get started.

I don't think the nutritionist at the clinic meant to have what she said come across with malice. In all honesty, the program isn't for everyone (and I'm not saying its not for you in any way) and she probably wanted to make sure you weren't wasting your money. You have done great so far! Don't let one comment keep you from more progress! Keep going to your appts, stay on plan, and prove whoever said that wrong!!
Dinp120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 07:09 PM   #267
Senior LCF Member

Hey Curvygirl,

I am stunned that you would have recv'd such a comment from the person who is supposed to cheer you on and motivate you. I think you need to stand up for yourself and return to the clinic and settle this. Clearly, it has really hurt you- enough to skip a visit. You can't do that, you have got to face it and bring the comment to their attention. However, I am a confrontational person when I need to be. AT a minimum, Perhaps you could call the clinic and as to speak to the head of the clinic. You can't be the only person being treated this way...and may prevent others from it in the future. Speak up and bring it to the dietician's attention. Maybe she didn't mean to be hurtful, but either way she needs to be aware how her snippy comments can affect someone. Rise above it, return and march on. Only you can change how you feel and you can start by clearing your mind of the negativity. Don't let her bring you down, care enough for yourself to show her the program is for you by returning and facing her. I look forward to hearing how you resolved this... consider it a challenge!!!
Old 02-09-2013, 11:33 PM   #268
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: back2m3
Some clarification RE: Injections replaced by Melts

Quote:
Hi Reinvented,

First, nice loss...

While I too felt a little duped I am now taking a very close look at all the extra expenses. I am a little suspicious that perhaps Medi may have been vulnerable at some level, whether it was the pharmacuetical supplier or the fact that they may have been over charging for what may amount to an OTC supplement administered by a medical professional. I sense it has something to with money or legal.

I think it may have been psychological at the beginning, receiving the injections, Afterall there are many low carb programs that don't use this method. I rather like the multi vite better...and probably can substitiute that too.

What does work for me is the weekly accountability of weighing in at the clinic.

It is no doubt very expensive...I can see why people do it on their own.

Just sayin'.....
Hi Beaching and anyone else wondering what happened to the injections!

My clinic (in MA) gave me a letter the last time I went in for injections (last Tues.) which read, "Given recent events regarding the practices of pharmaceutical compounding labs in the medical industry, legislation in MA (and other states) has changed the requirements of anyone purchasing or dispensing compounds from any pharmaceutical labs (I was told the legislation was brought about by what happened at New England Chemical Compounding in Framingham regarding their safety violations that led to steroid injections being tainted with fungal meningitis). The additional legislation has increased the cost of our vitamin B injections ten-fold, and drastically reduced availability.

The letter went on to say that instead of passing that cost along to the patients, they decided to provide 30 day supplies of the newly formulated Medi-Bolic Melts at no additional cost during the acute visit.

It also stated that on a national level the corporate office is exploring other manufacturers for their vitamin B injections and that they hope to resume providing the B1/B6 injections at the usual $10 rate but until a "suitable manufacturer is found they are not available."

I was able to get both injections at my next appointment which was this past Thursday, but was given a 30 day supply of the melts when I left.

Hope this helps for anyone wondering what happened to the injections - truly, I won't miss the extra trip every week and only one staff member was able to administer the second shot virtually pain free - everyone else just jabbed it in and that was that!
back2m3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 06:34 AM   #269
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Cricketleg
Stats: 212.8/194.2/165
Start Date: 12-29-12
Hmm. Well it'll be interesting to see what happens at my appt this Thursday. I got my injections last Thursday. I can't go in for the midweek injection because I live too far away. But I have to say, if the melts work well, I would NOT miss the injections!!
Cricketleg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 11:31 AM   #270
Senior LCF Member

I've been using the melts since I was still going to the clinic. I got them because I could never make it in for the mid week injections either. I think they work really well. I still take them now and I really think they make a difference. I wonder if the lack of injections is going to be at all locations.

Last edited by Jessica1129; 02-11-2013 at 11:32 AM..