Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2013, 07:19 AM   #211
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: chrislaurie
WOE: lo carb
HI All-
Any ideas on substituting the clinic vitamins for cheaper over the counter ones? It costs enough for the weekly visits that I am trying to cut corners on the vitamins by substituting them out. Omega's are easily found elsewhere but the others?
chrislaurie is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-26-2013, 11:37 PM   #212
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: back2m3
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrislaurie View Post
HI All-
Any ideas on substituting the clinic vitamins for cheaper over the counter ones? It costs enough for the weekly visits that I am trying to cut corners on the vitamins by substituting them out. Omega's are easily found elsewhere but the others?
Good question! I am also curious to hear if anyone has found a good substitute.

Also, I took 2 fat burners after 6:00pm and had coffee after my dinner - wide awake now at 2:30am. Guessing I should have timed that better! Anyone else want to share when they take their FB and stay slim? I usually take SS @ 10 & 2 and FF @ 4pm (2 tabs).
back2m3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 10:30 AM   #213
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: CurvyGirl
Stats: 228/196/??
I weighed in on Friday to a 5.6lbs loss, so I feel like a rockstar. And that put me into Onederland!

I went away with hubby this weekend and was not so much of a model Medi client. Brought lots of food with me, but when push came to shove at the restaurant, I let the pasta push itself right into my belly. It was the only vegetarian thing on the menu, and I just went for it. It did taste amazing, but I'm not sure I'm going to like what the scale says this week.

Now I'm back home and catching up with you all. Everyone has been doing so great this weekend! Yay to all of you. Beaching, keep up the good attitude. You're right: all those environmental changes can be daunting. I totally get it.

I take my AS in the morning at 8am and then again usually around 1pm. It has been keeping me up at night or I'm sleeping restlessly. I didn't take them at all this weekend, and I slept pretty well. I'm considering not taking them unless I REALLY need them. I need my sleep; it's not pretty if I don't get enough
CurvyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 01:43 PM   #214
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: snickers..mama
Stats: 221/169/145
WOE: medi wt loss
Start Date: 12/2012
I take fatburner at 10 and 4. Ki have not started stay slim. As for As I take it several hours after breakfast. I have gone a few days without as this week and have notbeen hungry.
!
snickers..mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 04:11 PM   #215
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: beaching
Stats: 159/144/125
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 1/3/13
Hi Everbody!

I had a lot going on this weekend, a couple of fleeting moments where it would have been nice to relax with a glass of wine or 2 but I made it through on plan.

So, I have been on plan for almost a month now, and down about 15 pounds. That's incredible. I think it's well worth the commitment and dedication. I was just thinking today that losing weight is as hard as eating anything I wanted was easy.

What do I want most?

I also remember the first day I walked into the Medi clinic not knowing what to expect, I read a quote that said, "it takes a month for you to notice your weight loss and it taked others 2 months"...

I am feeling my weightloss.

I am happy each day that I suceed, moving closer to my goal.

Chris, I am just sticking to all the Medi supplements as long as I am 100% on plan. I imagine that there is no secret formula to a multi vitamin and easily substituted.

Well, Curvy girl from Philly...congrats on your loss and bummer that you didn't have a decent alternative for dinner while you were out. Did the restaurant offer a salad or fish? Hope you enjoyed your weekend with hubs.

Hope everyone is doing well!
beaching is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 04:12 AM   #216
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaching View Post
"it takes a month for you to notice your weight loss and it taked others 2 months"...
ack, that's not clear...

Basically it takes a month for you to notice your weight loss while it takes others 2 months to notice your weight loss.

Hoping that everyone will have a super commited week, if your're feeling vulnerable, I hope you find some inspiration, believe you can do this.

The longer you stay OP, the quicker you'll achieve your goal.

It's worth the hard work!

Old 01-28-2013, 08:34 AM   #217
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: katew1129
Stats: 232/212/130
WOE: Medi-weight loss
Start Date: January 2013
Congrats to all!

beaching....you are doing great!!!

CurvyGirl - Congrats on ONEderland! So awesome!

About the supplements...

Costco sells a Green Tea Fat Burner that I take in place of the fat burner when mine runs out.

Omega is easy to find and I think I also get mine at Costco.

Inner Balance...not sure...I just take extra fiber if needed.

When I did medi last time the Multi-Vitamin was always included. Not sure if it will be this time. If not I will take the bottle to GNC or somewhere and try and find one most like it.
katew1129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 09:48 AM   #218
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Fit2010
Stats: Ht 5'3" Wt 12/09=190;9/10=137;2/14=196.5
WOE: MediWeightLoss-like/Atkins-like
Start Date: 12-28-09; restart 02-07-14
I remember hearing that you don't need Omega 3/6/&9....so instead I just buy Krill capsules ( a type of fish oil) and in that get the Omega 3 that is good for you. I know I pay a bit more for Krill capsules, but with a family and personal history of elevated cholestrol I am worth it. I am also WORTH getting the rest of this remaining 40 lbs off!! Again!!
Fit2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 07:35 AM   #219
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: NCBookworm
Stats: 245.6/188.0/155
Start Date: 10/19/12
Beaching, congrats on a successful first month! I am convinced your slight gain is a direct result of weighing in at a different time of day. This week is going to be a big drop.

CurvyGirl, congrats on onederland! You rock! See you there soon, pal.

Fit2010, welcome back to Medi! You are going to do great, as you already know. Those 40 lbs will be gone in no time.

chrislaurie, the only Medi supplement I haven't swapped out is the fat burner, and I take both tablets in the morning along with my other stuff. I've looked at alternatives, but they have some other ingredients I'm not sure of, so I'll stick with the Medi version for now. Here's my list: Calcium, Magnesium, & Vitamin D Multi; Vegetarian Multi-fiber Complex (great stuff); Mega EFA Omega-3 EPA & DHA Fish Oil; Rainbow Light Women's One multi.

Hope y'all are having a fantastic week! I weigh in tomorrow. Celebrating our friend's birthday at a nice restaurant tonight, and I already checked out the menu online to plan my dinner. This was my first week of just one midweek shot instead of both, so I'll check in tomorrow to report back on my experiment.
NCBookworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:00 AM   #220
Junior LCF Member

Hi y'all,

Hope your Tuesday is going well. I had a good eating day yesterday--on plan with no problems. Worked out this morning and now trying to get some work done. We have houseguests for three days and they brought the most amazing-looking Dutch cookies and chocolates. I'm doing my best to pass (politely)! In a lot of ways, it's moments like this when I miss a plan like Weight Watchers. On that plan, I could have that cookies and just eat salad to make up for the calories. It doesn't really work like that on medi--as least during the acute phase so I'm nervous about the long-term adherence to the plan.
Old 01-29-2013, 08:23 AM   #221
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: bluekate
Stats: 192/162/150
WOE: Mediloss
Start Date: 1/3/2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by CurvyGirl View Post
Hi y'all,

Hope your Tuesday is going well. I had a good eating day yesterday--on plan with no problems. Worked out this morning and now trying to get some work done. We have houseguests for three days and they brought the most amazing-looking Dutch cookies and chocolates. I'm doing my best to pass (politely)! In a lot of ways, it's moments like this when I miss a plan like Weight Watchers. On that plan, I could have that cookies and just eat salad to make up for the calories. It doesn't really work like that on medi--as least during the acute phase so I'm nervous about the long-term adherence to the plan.
I agree, it's a struggle sometimes for me, but I'm trying to do the best I can....Good luck, you can do it!!!!
bluekate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:45 AM   #222
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: buckeye76
Stats: 260/231/175
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: 1/25/2013
Hi everyone! I started Medi last Friday - and am now half way done with week one! Aside from just wanting a salad, it is going ok. Not taking the phentermine, and I'm surprised that I don't feel that hungry.

I've done Weight Watchers on and off for years, but really needed a drastic change to jump start me into the mental game of losing weight. I gained about 30-40 pounds after going through fertility treatments and then the post effects of having my twin boys who are now 9 months old...I've just let everything slide so far down that I have to figure out a way to get to the me I know I can be. I want to lose weight for myself, but also because I want to be a fit and active mother to my boys. I love nutrition, love cooking healthy, but when I'm bad I'm REALLY bad. Big portions, compulsive eater, wine drinker, that's me! Looking to find some daily inspiration to stay on this journey.

So, I'm wondering...what creative things did you eat in week one???

LET'S GET THIS!!!!
buckeye76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 01:22 PM   #223
Junior LCF Member

Glad you're here, Buckeye! Good for you for starting and getting through the first 1/2 of week 1!

I wish I had some creative suggestions for week 1. I found myself basically doing the same thing every day! Egg beaters and feta cheese for breakfast, greek yogurt with pb2 for lunch, soy veggie dogs for dinner. I'd add in some cheese sticks and hard boiled eggs for snacks. Oh, and jello Wish I had something more exciting to share!
Old 01-29-2013, 03:16 PM   #224
Junior LCF Member

Hey buckeye welcome! I live north of Dayton. I use turkey pepperoni and low fat mozzerella cheese at times
Microwave. And more fat goes off the pepperoni on to the platei may have been served a 'eal pepsin today. I didn't notice when my cup was refilled. (I didn't drink much but any is not good. I was having chicken Dakotas no rice or beans and I am not a fan of tortillas, so it was a legal meal. Bonus my son paid! He just got his first real job after college.
Old 01-30-2013, 07:09 AM   #225
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeye76 View Post
Hi everyone! I started Medi last Friday - and am now half way done with week one! Aside from just wanting a salad, it is going ok. Not taking the phentermine, and I'm surprised that I don't feel that hungry.

I've done Weight Watchers on and off for years, but really needed a drastic change to jump start me into the mental game of losing weight. I gained about 30-40 pounds after going through fertility treatments and then the post effects of having my twin boys who are now 9 months old...I've just let everything slide so far down that I have to figure out a way to get to the me I know I can be. I want to lose weight for myself, but also because I want to be a fit and active mother to my boys. I love nutrition, love cooking healthy, but when I'm bad I'm REALLY bad. Big portions, compulsive eater, wine drinker, that's me! Looking to find some daily inspiration to stay on this journey.

So, I'm wondering...what creative things did you eat in week one???

LET'S GET THIS!!!!
Welcome! There is so much about your post I can relate to! Congrats on the boys! I am trying to get baby weight off...again! I have an 18 month old son and have not been able to get the weight off over the past year on my own...so back to Medi I went! Like you I love nutrition and healthy cooking etc but when I am bad....I am bad! So similar...I could have written your post!

I hope your week 1 is great! LIke PP said the microwaved turkey pepperoni in the microwave is great!! I love it with a wedge of light laughing cow cheese. The light cheese sticks were a big help and so were hard boiled eggs. I also drink EAS Carb Control shakes a lot.
Old 01-30-2013, 10:39 AM   #226
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: buckeye76
Stats: 260/231/175
Start Date: 1/25/2013
Thanks for the welcome and suggestions!

Katew -- is there a secret to the shakes? Do you add ice to make them more like a real shake? I've tried a couple times this week to have a shake, and both times have been epic fails. The first I added too much ice, the second none and it was just too watery. I've been pretty into eggs, having them for breakfast and lunch. Well, Egg Beaters. Also, I'm eating black beans and really have only been having a meat for dinner / I'm not a huge meat eater and actually would prefer to limit it to only a couple times a week. Great time to start this diet, huh!? I can't wait to have some vegetables. I really would love some soup, or a salad right about now.

How does week two go? Do they tailor the calories to you or is it just the same as week one plus one cup veg / fruit or 2 cups veg??
buckeye76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 02:15 PM   #227
Junior LCF Member

Week two is either 2 servings veggies think green or one serving veggies and one fruit. I have frozen berries in Greek yogurt for breakfast through the week. I f I am home I only eat at the table. And try to take a bite put down the fork and concentrate on the taste and hoe I creel Qm I hungry. Or full. Of course I am rarely hungry and it really doesn't matter if I take the suppress ant. I am not hungry at all. So I schedule meals but have a hard time getting past 450 calories. I never thought 500 calories would be enough. Medic works!
Old 01-31-2013, 07:39 AM   #228
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeye76 View Post
Thanks for the welcome and suggestions!

Katew -- is there a secret to the shakes? Do you add ice to make them more like a real shake? I've tried a couple times this week to have a shake, and both times have been epic fails. The first I added too much ice, the second none and it was just too watery. I've been pretty into eggs, having them for breakfast and lunch. Well, Egg Beaters. Also, I'm eating black beans and really have only been having a meat for dinner / I'm not a huge meat eater and actually would prefer to limit it to only a couple times a week. Great time to start this diet, huh!? I can't wait to have some vegetables. I really would love some soup, or a salad right about now.

How does week two go? Do they tailor the calories to you or is it just the same as week one plus one cup veg / fruit or 2 cups veg??
The EAS Shakes I just drink cold. I think they are pretty good. Sometimes in the morning I make a "coffee" shake. It is a cup of coffee, 1/2 cup of almond milk and 2 scoops of EAS Whey protein powder. I love it!

I eat eggs all the time. Sometimes with Turkey Sausage. I don't eat beans. My clinic says no to those unless you are a vegetarian.

Week 2 incorporates veggies and fruit and they will give you a list of approved fruits and veggies and how much the portion is. There are also tons of recipes available. The medi website has some and the stickey's on the top of this board have some great ideas!
Old 01-31-2013, 08:01 AM   #229
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Busymomof3
Stats: 217/209/150
Start Date: 12/1/2010
First weigh in this morning... down -12.4 pounds!! Woohoo!
Busymomof3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:07 AM   #230
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by katew1129 View Post
The EAS Shakes I just drink cold. I think they are pretty good. Sometimes in the morning I make a "coffee" shake. It is a cup of coffee, 1/2 cup of almond milk and 2 scoops of EAS Whey protein powder. I love it!

I eat eggs all the time. Sometimes with Turkey Sausage. I don't eat beans. My clinic says no to those unless you are a vegetarian.

Week 2 incorporates veggies and fruit and they will give you a list of approved fruits and veggies and how much the portion is. There are also tons of recipes available. The medi website has some and the stickey's on the top of this board have some great ideas!
Im going to try your "coffee shake"! Im always trying to find ways to hang onto my most favorite thing!!
Old 01-31-2013, 08:25 AM   #231
Junior LCF Member

Holy crap, Busymom! Congratulations! That's awesome!!

I've been having an up and down week, y'all. Some successes and a bunch of failures. Weigh in is tomorrow and I'm just hoping to at least stay the same.

Did I tell you all that I bought the Walden Farms peanut spread? Not a huge fan, but I get the appeal for that time when you have no calories or carbs left to "spend." I wish those of you that liked it lived close so I could give it to you!
Old 01-31-2013, 08:55 AM   #232
Senior LCF Member

BusyMom - Congrats!!!!! that is awesome!
Old 01-31-2013, 09:46 AM   #233
Junior LCF Member

Thanks guys! Restarting is MUCH harder than it was the first time around, but for me I now know that there is NO cheating for me. I thought I could "reward" myself with a special treat here and there but NO! One treat led to two then to four and before I knew it I had gained back every pound I had worked and paid so much to lose. Sooooo not worth it! Ive been using the Golds calorie tracker book from Walmart, decorated it by laminating my kids picture and taping it to the front (my motivation) inside cover I laminated and taped all the lean meat calculations from the clinic as well as my favorite quote : NOTHING tastes as good as being thin FEELS!
Old 01-31-2013, 04:23 PM   #234
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: chrislaurie
WOE: lo carb
Hi everyone, Nice to see some newbies! Been busy this week so haven't had a chance to read and comment. I am happy to have lost another 4.4lbs this week for a total of 21 in one month! Back in the 100's again...feel kinda ridiculous that I got so high to begin with but no looking back now!

NCBookworm. Katew1129 and Fit2010 thanks for your supplement input. I did swap the multi out for Target's generic woman vitamin. I use GNC omega, Generic stool softener and I asked my clinic about the calcium and they recommend their's just because it is more pure form of calcium. She said no big deal to swap it out. I did read that your body can't absorb more than 500 of calcium at a time so that is why you should spread it out. If I get atleast 100% the daily allowance that should be fine. I am hesitant about the fat burner but have heard about using green tea...and that I should find the most concentrated I can. So, I think I now have the supplements under control!

Hope everyone has a good week!
chrislaurie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:00 AM   #235
Senior LCF Member

Lost 2.4 this week so down 20 in month 1! That was what I wanted so I am super excited about that! Can't wait to be in ONEderland again!!!
Old 02-01-2013, 01:18 PM   #236
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Txhollyk
Stats: 240/240/160
Weight loss per week

After the first two weeks does the weight loss slow to the 2-3 pounds a week? I was really liking the close to a pound a day loss ... I just weighed for the end of week 3 and it was 2.5, but a total of 15.5 pounds lost in 3 weeks. So am I trending in the normal now and should only expect the 2-3 pounds from here on out?
Txhollyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 03:16 PM   #237
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jessica1129
Stats: 5'9 293/221.8/170
Start Date: February 1, 2012 - June 9, 2012; restart Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Txhollyk View Post
After the first two weeks does the weight loss slow to the 2-3 pounds a week? I was really liking the close to a pound a day loss ... I just weighed for the end of week 3 and it was 2.5, but a total of 15.5 pounds lost in 3 weeks. So am I trending in the normal now and should only expect the 2-3 pounds from here on out?
Yea, that sounds pretty normal of a loss. It does unfortunately slow down after the first month. You'll probably still have some higher weeks, but 2-3 is about right. I usually lost 10-15lbs a month after the first month when I was still going to the clinic. Congrats on the 15.5lbs so far!
Jessica1129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 05:45 AM   #238
Senior LCF Member

Hi Everybody!

I'm so glad to see our Medi friends thread so active. I have checked in everyday and celebrated all your successes...

I can view LCF from my work but I am unable to post....

My days have been so busy with starting my new job, trying to adjust and getting there! I have missed ASs on a regular basis and then find it's too late in the day to take them. So next week I'm going to try and get back in the routine.

I have remained 100% OP. Hard to believe bit it's just what I do. No overthinking. I had a ladies night this past week and of course we went to a trendy Italian restaurant. I am still booze free, but the menu was a challenge until the waitress pointed out that they always accomodate low carb or gluten free customers. So instead of settling for an antipasto plate with higher fat meats and cheeses I had the most amazing shrimp cacciatore, with peppers, mushrooms, marinara and a side salad...no pasta...It was drop dead amazing.

So even if you find yourself in an Italian restaurant, go for the safe bet, the gluten free choices.

In regards to the numbers slowing down on the scale following good numbers for previous weeks...

I have some thoughts about this. I believe that this is going to happen to all of us periodically in the weight loss process.

And it does not mean that you are not losing as fast or as efficiently.

It indicates that the complex human body is simply adjusting.

Try not to be discouraged, stick to the plan, trust the plan, you are still making progress.

Hopefully the administrators will allow the following link. It is Matthew McConaughey discussing his intentional drastic weight loss for his most recent film. He discusses how his weight would come off in segments; he'd lose 10-15 pounds rapidly then his body wouldn't drop[ weight for a period of time despite continuing on his extreme plan. Then, sure enough, he'd drop again.

Matthew McConaughey Discusses His Shocking Weight Loss

It's perfectly normal to have breaks in the dropping numbers.

Don't just rely on the numbers. Keep your mind on the goal, stick to the plan, trust the plan and it will come.

Enjoy your weekends, friends.

Old 02-02-2013, 10:53 AM   #239
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Dinp120
Stats: 5'10" 199/157/140
WOE: Medi weightloss
Start Date: 5/18/2012
Great article to post Beaching! It's funny because the nutritionist at my clinic just told me about Mathew McConaughey and his weightloss (I've been stuck around 156/157 for a while and trying different things to get past it.) She wanted to make sure I didn't get discouraged. I'm sure everyone can benefit from reading it!
Dinp120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 06:46 PM   #240
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CrazyCatLady
Stats: 5'6 229/147/145-150
Start Date: May 11, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrislaurie View Post
HI All-
I had trouble finding the Calcium Blend with the right combo of Calcium, Magnesium and Vitamin D. I ended up buying one bottle of Calcium, and another of Vitamin D and Magnesium. It did have more Magnesium than I needed, but was as close as I could get. I bought mine at Sprouts Farmer's Market. I went there because they have the biggest selection of vitamins I've seen, and it was less than half the price.

I've stuck with the clinics Omega 3's because from what I've found, their price is pretty decent for the enteric coated ones. Plus, I hate fish, and I'm kind of scared to try a new one since I've never smelled or tasted a trace of it with these. If someone comes up with a better priced one with the same qualities, I'd be glad to hear it.
CrazyCatLady is offline   Reply With Quote