Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2013, 07:47 AM   #181
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: CurvyGirl
Stats: 228/196/??
Getting going on Day 5 of Week 1. I wouldn't say that it's easier (since I still would love to have a huge sandwich for lunch), but I feel more in control of my environment. I know what my breakfast, lunch, and dinner will be for the most part. I think control is a really big thing with alternative eating plans. I'm not so awesome at control.

I did a hard workout today. Maybe shouldn't have since I'm still in Week 1, but I enjoy it too much to give up. I added in a few more breaks than I might have in a different week, just to be sure I didn't pass out!

Today is my last day at home. Gotta go back to the office tomorrow, so I'm a little nervous about how the change in environment will impact me. Hoping my packing a lunch and some snacks I won't be tempted by all the sweets there! What was your plan, Beaching?
CurvyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-22-2013, 05:33 PM   #182
Junior LCF Member

At the end of the day, this post feels like a big lie. I felt out of control today! I woke up with that "I can do it feeling" and I've ended the day with a "well, it could have been worse" feeling. I stayed within calories, but I had a handful (a small handful) of chocolate chips. They were CALLING me and I didn't hang up the phone

Ugh. I need an assistant to tell the sweets I'm not available.
Old 01-23-2013, 07:59 AM   #183
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: katew1129
Stats: 232/212/130
WOE: Medi-weight loss
Start Date: January 2013
I loved reading and catching up on all the posts and hearing of everyone's successes!

CurvyGirl, today is a new day. And throw the chocolate chips in the garbage. I had to do that with a bag of M&Ms yesterday. I didn't eat any but I didn't like them staring at me.

I weigh myself usually mid week (I weigh in Fridays) just to see where I am at. Keeps me motivated. I have been so surprised how much the clinic is keeping me motivated. I have tried to restart so many times throughout 2012 on my own and would not stick to it. the accountability of the clinic is really helping me!

Hope everyone is having a good week!
katew1129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 08:01 AM   #184
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: NCBookworm
Stats: 245.6/188.0/155
Start Date: 10/19/12
Weighed in this AM and was down another 3.4! I'm pretty psyched. I had a mini-goal of 205 by Feb. 28, so it's looking like I'm on target! I'm tellin' ya, it's like a switch has been flipped in my head, and the commitment to staying on program no matter what is paying off. That's what I love about this program: seeing results right away triggers motivation, which leads to more results!

CurvyGirl, a handful of chocolate chips isn't the worst thing in the world, you're right! If you've been sticking to plan the past few days, it may not have even thrown you off ketosis. For me, completely staying away from sweets for a few weeks after the holidays has eliminated my cravings. I didn't think I would ever get out of that cycle until it really happened! I'll follow this with admitting the AS has been a huge help. I can't remember--are you using the AS?

Beaching, how was your first day at your new job? Looking forward to an update. Switching to afternoon weigh-ins would be a big change for me, too. The first week might be off (but it might not, since you're doing so great!), but then everything will fall into place.

Keep at it, everyone! You are the best motivators.
NCBookworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 08:07 AM   #185
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: NCBookworm
Stats: 245.6/188.0/155
Start Date: 10/19/12
Kate, I'm in Charlotte, too! Which clinic do you visit? I go to the South Park location and really like the staff.
NCBookworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 12:16 PM   #186
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: beaching
Stats: 159/144/125
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 1/3/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCBookworm View Post
Beaching, how was your first day at your new job? Looking forward to an update. Switching to afternoon weigh-ins would be a big change for me, too. The first week might be off (but it might not, since you're doing so great!), but then everything will fall into place.
Hi Everbody!

I finally have a chance to get on our boards here at work. Thanks bookworm for remembering me.

I am so busy that I haven't had time to think or fantasize about food...and tomorrow is next weigh in. In fact I have a headache but I think it's from all the online training and corporate modules!

Curvy, as I've said before, I don't know why each of us has our moments but try to dig for that resolve, I know it's hard, but you can do it.

I still am so impressed when people come to hteir medi friends in their challenging times and I know I will have my moments too!

Hope to catch you all later...
beaching is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 12:17 PM   #187
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Weighed in this AM and was down another 3.4! I'm pretty psyched.

Way to go, Charlotte Bookworm!
Old 01-23-2013, 02:53 PM   #188
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: snickers..mama
Stats: 221/169/145
WOE: medi wt loss
Start Date: 12/2012
I survived 24 hour liquids and the huge camera pill
The plus side is I was not hungry. At all. Did not take the as or any meds today because no food to buffer it. Tomorrows test? Pulled pork Mac and cheese cake Cole slaw's and cheese curls. Patient picnic for one of my hospice patients. MY plan is zipper's from medic and a Greek yogurt if I need it. Iwill not give in of course being allergic to barbcue. Sauce and Mayo arr a big Incentive!
snickers..mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 06:42 PM   #189
Junior LCF Member

Thanks, everyone for the encouraging words! I rocked it today, if I do say so myself! Forgot my lunch, but I didn't cave to any temptations. Had my AS and got a cheese stick and some hard boiled eggs at a local convenience store. I was so good to have that willpower.

And I loved hearing your successes too:
Good job, Snickers! Love your plan for tomorrow!
Glad you had a good day back, beaching!
WOOHOO, Bookworm!! Congrats on your loss!
And Kate, I agree. The clinic is a surprisingly effective motivator for me too!

Good luck tomorrow, everyone. I'm going out to lunch with a friend. It's my last day of Week 1, so hopefully I can find a way to maintain the plan. There is a cheese plate I think I'll get. It won't be lo-fat cheese, but I think it's my best option!
Old 01-24-2013, 04:04 AM   #190
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: chrislaurie
WOE: lo carb
CurvyGirl....good for you, what a challenge that was. Week one is so hard to begin with due to the limited food and I give you huge credit for being resourceful enough to make it work. That was the true test of your commitment!! Keep up the good work when you go out to lunch with your friend, it can't be harder than today..well, yesterday!!
chrislaurie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 04:05 AM   #191
Senior LCF Member

Snickers...wow, I am not sure I would have been so strong to get through a day of just liquids. Good for you! It is amazing what we can do when we have too!
Old 01-24-2013, 05:40 AM   #192
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrislaurie View Post
CurvyGirl....good for you, what a challenge that was. Week one is so hard to begin with due to the limited food and I give you huge credit for being resourceful enough to make it work. That was the true test of your commitment!! Keep up the good work when you go out to lunch with your friend, it can't be harder than today..well, yesterday!!

Thanks, Chris!!

Just finished a boxing workout. I love hitting things Getting ready for work and I won't forget my healthy snacks since I have to be there until 8:30pm.

Healthy eating today, everyone. Have a great day!
Old 01-24-2013, 08:26 AM   #193
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: bluekate
Stats: 192/162/150
WOE: Mediloss
Start Date: 1/3/2013
Hello Everyone, Today was my third weigh in and I'm down -3.6 very excited since I had a water gain last week....It was a tought week for me getting tired of eating the same ole things....I tried the EAS protein shakes and they're not bad, 100 calories 17g of protein and 3 carbs....for some strange reason I'm rarely in ketosis, but since I'm losing, I'm not gonna stress about it....I hope everyone has a great day!!!
bluekate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 08:27 AM   #194
Junior LCF Member

Beaching, HOw's the new job going??
Old 01-24-2013, 11:22 AM   #195
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Kate, I'm in Charlotte, too! Which clinic do you visit? I go to the South Park location and really like the staff.
I go to South Park also. Love the staff there!!
Old 01-24-2013, 01:09 PM   #196
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluekate View Post
Beaching, HOw's the new job going??
Hi Blue,

Nice work this week, great loss.

It's been hard adjusting to working FT, I won't lie.

I'm tired and have some stress with learning everything new.

I work for the big blue insurance company downtown. Beautiful building and really fun to be in the city.

But I hate the idea of weighing in at the end of the day. I'm bloated and full.

I am going to have to switch to Monday mornings at 7am, that's the only day of the week that they are open before 8am.

I'll check in later.

Last edited by beaching; 01-24-2013 at 01:10 PM..
Old 01-24-2013, 02:48 PM   #197
Senior LCF Member

Back to report that I had a .5 gain this week.

Intellectually I know that I am losing weight.

I was down 4.5 pounds of fat.

Just holding on to water, and do I ever feel it. I switched up my weigh ins back to first thing in the am, 10 days from now.

I have to watch the deli meats which we all know can be salty.

I need to ease up on my intensity of exercise and even up my protein calories closer to 600/day.

Hard not to be discouraged but I have followed the plan to the tee so I'll trust the process.

Old 01-24-2013, 07:31 PM   #198
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: barbwired
Stats: 227/171/142
WOE: Low Carb/Low Cal
Start Date: November 17, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by beaching View Post

Just holding on to water, and do I ever feel it. I switched up my weigh ins back to first thing in the am, 10 days from now.

I need to ease up on my intensity of exercise and even up my protein calories closer to 600/day.

Hard not to be discouraged but I have followed the plan to the tee so I'll trust the process.

Weeks like that are tough, but stay the course. Keep doing what you know works and it will pay off. Hang in there!
barbwired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 09:11 PM   #199
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jessica1129
Stats: 5'9 293/221.8/170
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: February 1, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by beaching View Post

I know its tough when you have weeks like this. But hang in there! You can do it. Its hard at times but it'll be well worth it in the end. And you lost 4.5lbs of fat! That's great! You'll hopefully have a big whoosh soon and lose all of the water. Just keep it up, you're doing great.
Jessica1129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 10:25 PM   #200
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Fit2010
Stats: Ht 5'3" Wt 12/09=190;9/10=137;2/14=196.5
WOE: MediWeightLoss-like/Atkins-like
Start Date: 12-28-09; restart 02-07-14
I finally planned and finished a week on Week One - Loss is 8 lbs

Just 40 more to go! Found out I have high school reunion coming up in July....so I better stick with this!
Fit2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 01:24 AM   #201
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jessica1129
Stats: 5'9 293/221.8/170
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: February 1, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fit2010 View Post

Just 40 more to go! Found out I have high school reunion coming up in July....so I better stick with this!
Woohoo way to go! You can stick with it! And lose those 40lbs before your reunion! Keep up the good work!
Jessica1129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 03:42 AM   #202
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbwired View Post
Weeks like that are tough, but stay the course. Keep doing what you know works and it will pay off. Hang in there!
Thanks for the support barb, it means a lot as I come to Medi friends first thing on this Friday morn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica1129
I know its tough when you have weeks like this. But hang in there! You can do it. Its hard at times but it'll be well worth it in the end. And you lost 4.5lbs of fat! That's great! You'll hopefully have a big whoosh soon and lose all of the water. Just keep it up, you're doing great.
Thanks Jessica, ditto above, it is very encouraging to have support. Love your new avi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fit2010
Congrats on week #1, Fit!

Morning Everybody!

I am ready to soldier on with this Medi plan. Will try to relax as I had a lot of stress with starting this new job, and I'm usually pretty relaxed at baseline.

I'm gonna try to mix my meals up a bit, be mindful of potentially higher sodium foods and exercise a little less...back to every other day-ish at 30 minutes.

No more weight training until I get closer to me weight goal. It's clear that while the numerical numbers may not drop, resistance training really facilutates fat loss.

Thanks everybody for your support as every dog has their day.

But I am here to stay!

Old 01-25-2013, 04:28 AM   #203
Senior LCF Member

Hi There,

I had my 4th weigh in and am down a total of 17lbs. This week I was disappointed to have slowed down to a 1.6lb weight loss but at least a loss. I only excercised once this week because it was such a crazy week. I think I have to suck it up and get up at 530 to get it in but I can barely crawl out of bed at 6 as it is!! ugh! The clinic also told me to stay to 600 calories and no red meat this week since my loss slowed down a bit. I had red meat 2x this past week. I also switched to night weigh in at 5pm the last 2 weeks and much prefer the am, but I like not having to get up and out of the house on Sat. mornings to weigh in. So, I need to figure out how to get the exercise in because my family responsibilities truly seem to get in the way, how terrible that sounds, huh? Knowing what to do is one thing, but being able to do it is the challenge. Well, looking forward to another week. I have about 40lbs left to go to goal but would be happy with another 30lb loss.
Old 01-25-2013, 05:44 AM   #204
Senior LCF Member

I hear ya, Chris, on all fronts.
Old 01-25-2013, 06:07 AM   #205
Junior LCF Member

Hi Beaching,

I had the same problem last week, lost fat, but went up in water and trust me I was not happy, in the end it worked out for me and I know it will for you as well, just keep the positive outlook...Glad to hear the new is going well for you.
Old 01-25-2013, 06:10 AM   #206
Junior LCF Member

When I went for my weigh in this week I got the B12 shot only, and this may sound crazy but It seemed like I had much more energy, not sluggish at all could that be because I didn't get the b6 shot, anyone have any problems with the b6 other than the pain??
Old 01-25-2013, 08:42 AM   #207
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LTinNC
Stats: 206/175.2/159
Start Date: 3/30/12
kinda bummed...couldnt go weigh in today due to ice and early school dismissals...rescheduled for monday....
LTinNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 10:43 AM   #208
Senior LCF Member

Weighed in the morning and lost 1.6. Not as great as I wanted but I lost 3 pounds of fat and gained muscle so that is good.

Beaching, hope the new job settles down for you and you are enjoying it!

Fit 2010 - congrats on week 1!!! that is great!

Hope everyone has a good weekend!
Old 01-26-2013, 04:48 AM   #209
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by katew1129 View Post
Weighed in the morning and lost 1.6. Not as great as I wanted....
But excellent none the less! Great job, Kate.
Old 01-26-2013, 04:50 AM   #210
Senior LCF Member

Quick swoop in this morning...

Hi Everybody!

I have a dance workshop most of the day on Cape Cod.

My head still spinning as I try to gain control of planning my meals with all that has changed with me.

Still on plan.

Hope to spend some time here with my thoughts tomorrow.

Enjoy your Saturday...