Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2013, 11:54 AM   #151
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: CurvyGirl
Stats: 228/196/??
Hey y'all!

Joining the message boards to try to add to my support network. I started Medi in October, lost 22lbs, and then went waaay off plan for the holidays. I kept telling myself I could take it off on my own without having to go back to the clinic, embarrassed to have to explain why I'd gained. But it was too hard to do it on my own. SO I made the appointment, went back, showed a 3lb gain, but it wasn't the end of the world.

Now I've restarted. Day 2 of Week 1 again. It's kinda amazing to me that going back to the clinic actually is making a difference. I feel recommitted in a way I haven't for weeks.

I'm not looking forward to no fruits or veggies for the next week, but I am looking forward to the numbers going back down.

Looking forward to keeping up with y'all!
CurvyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-19-2013, 01:25 PM   #152
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: snickers..mama
Stats: 221/169/145
WOE: medi wt loss
Start Date: 12/2012
Cricket I agree with beaching,stay off the scale. Iknoq its hard but home scales cabe discouraging. I found I have a ten pond difference.between home scale and clinic

Beaching I too am having some issues with AS but mine are Gi. Nauseated all morning. It doesn't seem to matter when I fake it. Of course it could be related to my ulcer. One more test and they will start Treating!
snickers..mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 03:26 PM   #153
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Cricketleg
Stats: 212.8/194.2/165
Start Date: 12-29-12
I have a Tanita scale at home and it is only off by the weight of my clothing (it seems). Honestly, I am MUCH better off weighing daily. I tried to weigh in once a week but I built up so much anticipation that when I finally did weigh in, if it happened to be an up fluctuation, it killed me. I was way more devastated that way. Weighing everyday is like an education for me. I can see the fluctuations and either say "yeah, I was expecting that...I deserved that" or "huh? I've been so good...oh, must just be a fluctuation out of my control".

So I'll keep weighing daily...I just can't wait to be solidly in Onederland!
Cricketleg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 04:10 PM   #154
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Dinp120
Stats: 5'10" 199/157/140
WOE: Medi weightloss
Start Date: 5/18/2012
I with you cricket, I also weigh everyday. It actually helps me stay more accountable. It's when I don't weigh myself that I have the mentality that "a little but extra of this or an extra serving of that" doesn't matter because I "don't weigh in for another x amount of days."
Dinp120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 04:28 PM   #155
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Cricketleg
Stats: 212.8/194.2/165
Start Date: 12-29-12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinp120 View Post
I with you cricket, I also weigh everyday. It actually helps me stay more accountable. It's when I don't weigh myself that I have the mentality that "a little but extra of this or an extra serving of that" doesn't matter because I "don't weigh in for another x amount of days."
I hear ya! This has been especially true this week, as I have REALLY been struggling with cravings but have been eating clean because I know that Onederland is coming any day now. It keeps me honest.

It used to rule my world! But after hubby took a sledgehammer to the scales one day (yes, he really did it...couldn't bear to see me beat myself up everyday over that stupid number!) it really made me realize that it ruled my life. I don't let it do that anymore. It's just part of my morning routine now.
Cricketleg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 06:40 AM   #156
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: beaching
Stats: 159/144/125
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 1/3/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by CurvyGirl View Post
Now I've restarted. Day 2 of Week 1 again. It's kinda amazing to me that going back to the clinic actually is making a difference. I feel recommitted in a way I haven't for weeks...
Hi Curvygirl from Philly! Glad to see you back and recommited. Medi does work.

While week #1 was hard, I like to think that the program is very simple in theory but extremely challenging in practice.

I just keep telling myself that I have never had such quick results in a small amount of time. I just want to get through this acute phase and be in transition.
beaching is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 06:42 AM   #157
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
It used to rule my world! But after hubby took a sledgehammer to the scales one day (yes, he really did it...couldn't bear to see me beat myself up everyday over that stupid number!) it really made me realize that it ruled my life. I don't let it do that anymore. It's just part of my morning routine now.
Wow. That's a pretty amazing hubby! I weigh each day too. It's too easy for me to be unaccountable if I don't.

Hope everyone has a good day. I got up this morning and am feeling lazy. I should go for a walk or ride the bike at the gym, but I'm just sitting here watching my DVR'd SNL from last night.

Last edited by CurvyGirl; 01-20-2013 at 06:44 AM..
Old 01-20-2013, 06:43 AM   #158
Junior LCF Member

Thanks, Beaching! Day 3, here I come
Old 01-20-2013, 06:47 AM   #159
Senior LCF Member

Hi Everybody!

Yep, as long as I have been on a weight loss program I have learned that there are daily weighers, occasional weighers, once a week weighers and in some cases there are people that don't want to know the number even longer than that.

It's all what works for each of us, as unique as we are.

Lately I have been trying not to think about where I am in the week, how many more days until weigh in. With my new job starting, I think I'll be less preoccupied.

Hubby and I went to see Zero Dark Thirty last night. Hubby doesn't generally like movie going but it is in place of eating out for now which has been helpful for me.

The movie was long, at times it seemed to move slow, the actors were good, the ultimate scene with the death of Bin Laden very interesting BUT I have to say I liked Argo so much more.

Today, a big day in football, especially here in New England. We have a big party to go to this evening but I am prepared, I'll bring along my Perrier and my "no thank you's".

Last edited by beaching; 01-20-2013 at 06:49 AM..
Old 01-20-2013, 07:13 AM   #160
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: chrislaurie
WOE: lo carb
Quote:
Originally Posted by beaching View Post
Cricket, ya just need a good poop and you're there!!!

Seriously, that's why I never look at my scale all week long, just at clinic weigh ins because I would drive myself nuts second guessing every little thing I did!

You're doing great, you watch, you'll be singing Onederland reall soon.
Cricket, I agree with Beaching! I don't check my home scale either. Your body may go up/down each day for different reasons. Maybe you lost but gained muscle & water to offset....don't get yourself into that. Maybe allow yourself only to look at the halfway mark within the week if you have to know. I find it more rewarding to see my fat% decrease while muscle increases....be kind to yourself and don't weigh yourself. This should be rule #1!!!
chrislaurie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 03:57 PM   #161
Junior LCF Member

I still want to see Zero Dark Thirty, but I'm afraid of the violence. Is it intense, Beaching?

Today has been a hard day. Nothing is satisfying and I forgot to take my afternoon AS so I want to eat everything in the house to find the thing that's going to hit the spot. I'm still in my calorie range with 50 left for the day, so I haven't blown it. Hopefully I can find a distraction until bedtime. Another bottle of water and maybe some jello...
Old 01-20-2013, 07:16 PM   #162
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: chrislaurie
WOE: lo carb
Come on Curvygirl, you can do it the day is almost over....take 15 minutes and do the stairs to get your mind off it! I like celery with a teaspoon of pb...low calories when it is a teaspoon and you can make it last if you dip the celery. There's the chewing and volume and drink some water because of the pb! Got any SF gum?
chrislaurie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 08:20 PM   #163
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: back2m3
feeling like I am sabotaging myself

Hi All,

I find your posts so inspiring and I read them whenever I need to re-focus. Now is one of those times! After being away for 35 days I went back to my clinic and was actually down 1/2 pound. Of course, I was mad at myself for not losing more but the doc told me that I did lose and I should be happy with my progress after being away for so long.

So, I now find that I am struggling with staying motivated... feels like I have to talk myself into believing that I can do this - otherwise I go back to old habits.

Anyone have any helpful advice?
back2m3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 09:04 PM   #164
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Bahet
Stats: 280/208/149
WOE: Medi-weightloss
Start Date: 05/03/12
Hi everyone! Great job all!! I took a break over the holidays and a bit longer too. I'm restarting tomorrow. Hubby was in Afghanistan until 2 days before Christmas so there's been a lot going on plus he loves to make homemade bread so we had to get that out of hys system. LOL

One thing you guys might want to try instead of the Powerade stuff is some Walmart version of Mio that has electrolytes. It's just a tiny bottle (like Mio) instead of having to buy cases of stuff all the time. It makes it much easier for everyday not to mention travelling, work, etc. I use old Gatorade or Powerade (from before I found that stuff) bottles and just refill them with that stuff and other versions as plain water is just blah to me. I think they have 2 flavors now but the only one I've ever tried is the blue raspberry. It's not very flavorful though (the other ones are) so I ad a squirt of blueberry lemonade to it as well.
Bahet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 04:12 AM   #165
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by back2m3 View Post
So, I now find that I am struggling with staying motivated... feels like I have to talk myself into believing that I can do this - otherwise I go back to old habits.

Anyone have any helpful advice?
Hi Back2m!

Well, we've all been here as you're describing.

More times than we like to think about.

Regaining mo-jo is a very difficult task, one we've probably attempted over and over and over again.

What exactly is it in our minds that finally flips the switch? That tought, or vision that makes us do a complete 360 and realize that losing the fat and freeing our true selves is THE most important priority?

I haven't found my answer except to say that I cannot bare waking up hating myself every morning because I'm not the person I want to be, I'm not the physical body that truly feels natural for me.

Now I wake up very hopeful, believing in myself and assuming the thought that I am going to get this job done.

Yeah, it really seems to take a long time, a lot of patience but I've had everything I wanted and desired, so now I can work for the reward.

Recommiting, or restarting is so difficult.

But if you start now, you're getting closer to the bullseye. We're all in the same boat.

We're actually all recommiting each and every day we wake up and decide to stick to the plan.

You can do it. Maybe a jolting week #1 will strengthen your resolve.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts here.

Old 01-21-2013, 04:13 AM   #166
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahet View Post
I took a break over the holidays and a bit longer too. I'm restarting tomorrow...
Hi Bahet!

Success for you in week #1...

Watch out Onederland, here she comes.
Old 01-21-2013, 04:18 AM   #167
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurvyGirl View Post
I still want to see Zero Dark Thirty, but I'm afraid of the violence. Is it intense, Beaching?...
Hey Curvy!

Umm, not too violent, a little squeamish watching the implied torture scenes of the detainees...

I am a violence whimp. I had to cover my eyes just watching 3 of the 5 comming previews!

I'm stunned at the violence in so many of today's films.

I'm a fairly open, tolerant person but I cannot watch any violence without getting viscerally upset.

That's why I'm thrilled to have gotten sucked into Downton Abby!!!
Old 01-21-2013, 04:23 AM   #168
Senior LCF Member

Morning Everybody!

“It’s not who you think you are that holds you back; it’s who you think you’re not.” ~Unknown

Today I know that I am NOT the person who could never lose the weight.
Old 01-21-2013, 06:22 AM   #169
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: MamaPajama2
WOE: MWL
Start Date: September 2012
LOVE Downton Abbey. I make tea and eat a chocolate sensation dark chocolate from my clinic during the show. It's soooo good this season.

As far as leg cramps go--try some pickles at some point during the day. That will help with potassium.

I am still losing...even in maintenance. It's amazing. I said to a friend the other day--staying healthy and looking good are better than any french fry! We have been experimenting with lots of recipes lately. I am in love with the angel hair miracle noodles. We add them to a paleo recipe for scallops from Everyday Paleo and it's delicious! I also bought carb zero bread from Julian's Bakery and it's wonderful in the cinnamon flavor. Just those two things have made a real difference and make me feel like I can do this for life. I ate them both the last two weeks on acute and lost 4.8 lbs total during those weigh ins. I also made cauliflower crust pizza during the acute phase and lost as well as low carb philly cheesesteaks. (no bread--use a green pepper hollowed out in place of bread. It can be done--it just takes a little time to find the recipes that work for you and flavors you like.

Hope everyone has a great week--good luck at your weigh ins! I always take off my jewelry before I step on! Once it went down a full half pound. (I sell a line of jewelry so I tend to be layered up!) Even without a lot of jewels...every ounce counts.
MamaPajama2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:11 AM   #170
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: NCBookworm
Stats: 245.6/188.0/155
Start Date: 10/19/12
Hi, CurvyGirl, back2m3, and Bahet! Welcome back!

I weigh in every morning, too, and use it as feedback re. what is/isn't working. I'm getting pretty good about not being emotional about the number (I used to avoid the scale!). It's helpful to keep in mind that no matter what it says, it's still way lower than what it said before I started! Now it's just boring scientific information to guide me on my journey.

Reading all of your posts is great mental motivation for me. As I've mentioned before, I used to cut myself too much slack in the "cheating" department. Your commitment reeled me back in! I had ZERO sips of wine at my book club get-together over the weekend, and I'm a wine-lovin' bookworm! I'll save it for super special occasions.

Can I tell y'all something cool? Over the weekend, I retired a pair of jeans to the too-big Goodwill pile--and I couldn't even fit into this pair until a month after starting Medi! They're just so loose now, they look funny. On to another pair of goal jeans! I still have a pair of jeans from HS that I will put on the day I reach my final goal. Then I will climb a mountain and alert the universe that I AM WEARING MY HIGH SCHOOL JEANS!
NCBookworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:42 AM   #171
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jessica1129
Stats: 5'9 293/221.8/170
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: February 1, 2012
I love seeing these boards so active again! So, today is my birthday and my hubby surprised me with a slice of low carb cheesecake and some other acceptable treats and flowers. He's so sweet. I never imagined low carb/sugar free cheesecake could taste so much like the real thing. He even asked for the exact carb count before buying. So anyone with a birthday coming up who wants to indulge a little while staying on plan, it can be done! Keep up the great work everyone and keep posting! It really helps.
Jessica1129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:50 AM   #172
Senior LCF Member

I weigh every day too. I don't let the normal fluctuations get to me though, I know it can't go down every single day and that's ok. NCBookworm its so great to be going through your clothes isn't it!! Its awesome to see how loose your clothes are getting, it really reinforces the changes! I'm down to only 2 pairs of pants that fit but I don't want to buy more. It'll be warm before we know it, and these pants won't fit next year so I'm making do with what I have. I'll have no choice but to buy some summer clothes though, all of those are way too lose now. You'll be in those high school jeans in no time!
Old 01-21-2013, 04:27 PM   #173
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: snickers..mama
Stats: 221/169/145
WOE: medi wt loss
Start Date: 12/2012
Just a shout out to everyone. I want you to know having this board is so helpful. It keeps me focused. Tomorrow. After lunch I start clear liquids till Wed after 4 I get to swallow a capsule and have pictures. Here's to power aid zero broth and moo oh and if I am good sugar free jello!
snickers..mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 04:48 PM   #174
Junior LCF Member

I love the activity too, but it's hard to keep up sometimes so I apologize if I haven't replied to posts! Thanks for the 411 on Zero Dark Thirty, Beaching. I am not good with the violence either, so your feedback solidified my desire to see it.

I did do just fine yesterday. I went upstairs to watch TV (away from the fridge) and watched Downton Abbey, too. Keep me occupied and my mind off of food. Love that show. This season is way better than season 2. Glad it's on track, but I just wish they didn't keep layering terrible things onto Lady Edith--even if she is kinda the worst.

Welcome to the new posters! Looking forward to hearing about your journey.

Today was a really good day for me. Did some bike riding at the gym--even though the Dr. said I shouldn't do much the first week. I just feel more energy when I work out. Also did some good, filling eating, and remember my AS. Day 4 is pretty much a success!

I'm curious about this cinnamon bread from Julian's. It sounds like it could be awesome, but I have question. I see it has 0 net carbs, but 9 carbs. Does Medi only care about net carbs or should I be paying attention to carbs in general? Interested in your thoughts, but I'm going to ask at my visit on Friday too.

Keep up the awesome work everyone!
Old 01-21-2013, 04:49 PM   #175
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCBookworm View Post
Hi, CurvyGirl, back2m3, and Bahet! Welcome back!

I weigh in every morning, too, and use it as feedback re. what is/isn't working. I'm getting pretty good about not being emotional about the number (I used to avoid the scale!). It's helpful to keep in mind that no matter what it says, it's still way lower than what it said before I started! Now it's just boring scientific information to guide me on my journey.

Reading all of your posts is great mental motivation for me. As I've mentioned before, I used to cut myself too much slack in the "cheating" department. Your commitment reeled me back in! I had ZERO sips of wine at my book club get-together over the weekend, and I'm a wine-lovin' bookworm! I'll save it for super special occasions.

Can I tell y'all something cool? Over the weekend, I retired a pair of jeans to the too-big Goodwill pile--and I couldn't even fit into this pair until a month after starting Medi! They're just so loose now, they look funny. On to another pair of goal jeans! I still have a pair of jeans from HS that I will put on the day I reach my final goal. Then I will climb a mountain and alert the universe that I AM WEARING MY HIGH SCHOOL JEANS!
You go!! I will climb that mountain with you to shout about my little jeans too--if--when--I get there
Old 01-21-2013, 05:24 PM   #176
Senior LCF Member

Curvygirl I think it may depend on the clinic but mine says I can have 30g net carbs a day. The nutritionist told me to subtract out fiber and sugar alcohols. I know the carb count varies per person also.
Jessica1129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 08:25 PM   #177
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: back2m3
Hi Beaching!

Thanks so much for your understanding response and advice. I need to start believing in me again and "just do it" the way I do for so many other goals I set and reach. A healthy, fit body will not elude me any longer - feeling this way is the worst - and it's unnecessary. I can do this - starting week #1 again and getting back on track immediately. I'm done with wanting to be fit - I WILL BE.

Love this board - feels so great to know I'm not alone!
back2m3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 02:52 AM   #178
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica1129 View Post
So, today is my birthday and my hubby surprised me with a slice of low carb cheesecake and some other acceptable treats and flowers. He's so sweet...
Yes he is Jessica, and belated Happy Birthday...

You handled it like a champ.

Think about how wonderful you'll look and feel in another year.
Old 01-22-2013, 02:56 AM   #179
Senior LCF Member

Morning Everbody!

Just getting us started...I start my FT job today. Big change, good change, life is all about change.

I'm over the hump for week #3 and sliding down towards my next weigh in.

I have no clue how I'll do, but I don't expect another multiple pound loss as my body is going to demand an adjustment period one of these weeks.

I will now be weighing in in the late afternoon which is another change for me. I have always favored weighing in first thing in the morning when I feel the lightest.

Anyway that's not unitl Thursday, in the meantime keep checking in!
Old 01-22-2013, 07:41 AM   #180
Junior LCF Member

Good luck at the new job today, Beaching. You're right: it's all about change.