Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2013, 04:12 PM   #91
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: angelbaby
Stats: 222/160/150
WOE: Medi
Start Date: May 26, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by beaching View Post
Hi Chocolate,

I would feel comfortable with 600-650kcal, that's still drastically low, especially for your BMI. For example, I'm not sure how tall you are but that may be a certain % of your BMI where 500-550 is the exact same % for me at 5'1.5".

Get confident with that, you'll be just fine.

As for water, you may want to try some tricks and rules. For example, I have a rule that upon waking I drink 8oz of water that's been sitting at my bedside all night. It's ready to go. Then perhaps you could tell yourself that you can't eat or go to bed before you drink 8oz of water. I find that after drinking just water (no diet sodas, no crystal light) that I actually become dependent upon it. The last trick I just discovered is that I enjoy the diluted taste of Zero Powerade in water, 1:1.

If someone told you that maximum fat loss was dependent upon how much water/day you drink, would this change your way of thinking about water?

Thank you for the reminder about water. I know I am not getting enough and need to drink more.
angelbaby is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-11-2013, 08:13 PM   #92
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: chocolatefan
Stats: 202/162/160
WOE: MWL
Start Date: February 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by snickers..mama View Post
Weighed in and I have lost another two pounds. That makes 21 pounds in 40 days. Time to get anew pair of pants for the next twenty. Have more to go but its all good!
Love this!!!!! Congrats!!!
chocolatefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 04:25 AM   #93
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: beaching
Stats: 159/144/125
Start Date: 1/3/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by snickers..mama View Post
Weighed in and I have lost another two pounds. That makes 21 pounds in 40 days. Time to get anew pair of pants for the next twenty. Have more to go but its all good!

Such great progress last week from so many of us. We can do it and it's that much easier when we do it together!
beaching is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 04:31 AM   #94
Senior LCF Member

Morning Everybody!

Not much to report other than plugging along on plan.

I returned to my regular workout class yesterday morning. Quite an intense hour workout. I went lighter with weights and was mindful of how I was feeling.

Today I'll just get 30 minutes of less intense exercise and rest tomorrow. I'm just trying to figure out the activity along with the low calories.

Personally, I will not be incorporating fruits into my nutrition at this point. I just feel comfortable with the lean protein and veggies for now. I'm a little carb phobic and know that there are carbs in those fruits!

Hope everyone enjoys thier weekend.

Blue, how did you do with eating out? Where did you go and what did you chosse for a meal?

Last edited by beaching; 01-12-2013 at 04:32 AM..
Old 01-12-2013, 04:44 AM   #95
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Dinp120
Stats: 5'10" 199/157/140
WOE: Medi weightloss
Start Date: 5/18/2012
Great job everyone!! I had a loss of 2.6. I hadn't been to my clinic since before Christmas, so it was good to see I got through the holidays and still had a loss. Beaching, I'm with you on the no fruit thing. Even now I only have a piece of fruit on a rare occasion. Just through trial and error I have found that on the weeks I do have some kind of fruit my weightloss is much less than other weeks. But, every body is different and some people handle it really well. So don't be afraid to incorporate it into your day every now and then to see how/if it effects you.
Dinp120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 06:10 AM   #96
Junior LCF Member

Quote:

Morning Everybody!

Not much to report other than plugging along on plan.

I returned to my regular workout class yesterday morning. Quite an intense hour workout. I went lighter with weights and was mindful of how I was feeling.

Today I'll just get 30 minutes of less intense exercise and rest tomorrow. I'm just trying to figure out the activity along with the low calories.

Personally, I will not be incorporating fruits into my nutrition at this point. I just feel comfortable with the lean protein and veggies for now. I'm a little carb phobic and know that there are carbs in those fruits!

Hope everyone enjoys thier weekend.

Blue, how did you do with eating out? Where did you go and what did you chosse for a meal?

Beaching, last time I did medi, I tried 6 strawberries week three, and it kicked me out of ketosis. So, this time, I will wait six weeks, then start them. My personal goal is to get to a point where I am not eating packaged foods., just protein, veggies, fruits, and whole grains sparingly. So, you are not crazy, fruit is of course healthy in the long run, but doesn't help carb sensitive people lose weight.
I want to start my runs this week. How long do you suggest I workout, or should I go as long as I feel ok?
Old 01-12-2013, 06:15 AM   #97
Junior LCF Member

Hi lovelies!! I forgot to post weight loss: it is 7.4 lbs for the week. This upcoming week is pms week, and typically the weigh in is smaller, but I know if I mentally work past it, the following week's number will most likely be bigger. So, hope that little nugget of knowledge helps someone.
Keep up the good work everyone!
Old 01-12-2013, 02:04 PM   #98
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: snickers..mama
Stats: 221/169/145
WOE: medi wt loss
Start Date: 12/2012
I do eat mixed berries in my Greek yogurt. I don't do it every day but it sure fills meup.
snickers..mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 08:35 PM   #99
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: chrislaurie
WOE: lo carb
HI everyone. I just had my second weigh in today and down another 3.6 for a total of 13.6 in just two weeks...yay!

I wondered how you handle the calorie range? I was told 500-800 calories and that I should stay close to the 500 unless I am hungry go up to the 800. I avg about mid 600's. Now, if I eat 800 everyday will I have less weight loss than at 500? Any thoughts?
chrislaurie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 05:06 AM   #100
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelbaby View Post
I want to start my runs this week. How long do you suggest I workout, or should I go as long as I feel ok?
Hi Angel, this is a good question and one that I am still trying to figure out for myself.

I added one of my routine intense circuit training classes on Friday, which was an hour long.

In all honesty, I have been wiped. I thought I was fine and did 30 minutes of steady state (similar to an outdoor jog) yesterday and I have been exhausted like I've never felt before.

I mean, I couldn't stay awake past 6pm last night, even with all the great NFL play off games playing!

So bottom line for me was that I cannot maitain my usual workout routine on 500-600 calories. I did really well with 30 minutes every other day in week #1, so I think, for me I will have to keep my workouts, or runs to 30 minutes somewhere between 4 and 6 x a week.

That should keep me satisfied as far as maitaining a workout schedule while being very safe and practical within the Medi guidlines.

As you figure out what works for you, let me know. I am curious what other regular exercisers can tolerate.

Old 01-13-2013, 05:16 AM   #101
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrislaurie View Post
I wondered how you handle the calorie range? I was told 500-800 calories and that I should stay close to the 500 unless I am hungry go up to the 800. I avg about mid 600's. Now, if I eat 800 everyday will I have less weight loss than at 500? Any thoughts?
Hi Chris! Congrats on your first 2 weeks. It's so exciting to see your progress.

I'm hoping other Medi friends can also provide input because my clinic just told me 500-600kcal which I have grown comfortable and accustomed to.

If I had to make a guess, I would imagine there's not much difference to staying w/in a 500-800kcal range, and I think it may even be effective to cycle a bit.

I tend to eat the exact same meals everyday so I know my calories and try not to over think any of the details and just trust the process.

If we follow the plan, we will succeed.
Old 01-13-2013, 05:24 AM   #102
Senior LCF Member

Morning Everybody!

Well, the weekends almost over, how did everyone do?

Any dinners out or social occasions presenting a challenge?

My news is that I am exhausted after working out too much and standing up for 6 hours straight Sat. and today in a live figure drawing class.

I'm learning to delicately balance low calories + exercise + daily activities, and this weekend has been a challenge.

Hubby had friends over for the football games and there were chips, salsa, quesadillas, baby hot dogs ( man they smell sooooo good), beer, balh, blah, blah....

Me? A little plate piled high with Vlasic SF bread and butter pickles and Perrier in a wine glass.

It can be done!

Old 01-13-2013, 01:13 PM   #103
Junior LCF Member

Today I am nibbley. I had to take an orientation module for a Master's program I am beginning next week, and I think it make me nervous/anxious. I have stayed low carb today, but I am almost at 800 protein calories, which is really high for me. It's only 4:10 PM to boot: so I still should eat dinner in a couple of hours.
I didn't eat because I was hungry, either. It has been totally out of wanting to nibble. Ugh, bad habits are so hard to break.
Beaching, thanks for the information and honesty about working out. I cleaned the house yesterday, (literally 8 hours of cleaning, like baseboards, scrubbing tiles, etc) and I was literally falling asleep watching tv. I slept like a baby!
Old 01-13-2013, 01:15 PM   #104
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
HI everyone. I just had my second weigh in today and down another 3.6 for a total of 13.6 in just two weeks...yay!

I was told 500 calories, but some days I am hungrier than others and eat a hundred to two hundred more. Other days I am fine.
Also, when working out, I add in however many calories of protein I just burned off. (I haven't started working out again this time, but that is what I did when I lost my original 60 pounds)
Old 01-13-2013, 01:27 PM   #105
Junior LCF Member

Ok, another question: I took for the first time yesterday gummi vitamins to see if they made me sick or not. (they don't) but they have 4 carbs (3 of them sugars)
Could that have brought on my day of the nibbles???
I also had a starbucks iced tea today: Passion Tea, unsweetened. Does it contain sweetener even thought it is unsweetened by them?
Just curious. If anyone has answers, thoughts, please share.
Old 01-13-2013, 02:47 PM   #106
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jessica1129
Stats: 5'9 293/221.8/170
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: February 1, 2012 - June 9, 2012; restart Jan 2013
I'm restarting tomorrow after having been off plan since October. I'm so excited and can't wait to see the scale moving again. Hubby is doing it with me this time, although he only has 20lbs or so to lose. We went grocery shopping today and we're ready!

Angelbaby, the passion tea doesn't have any sweetener in it itself, so as long as they didn't add any its unsweetened. Its Tazo Passion tea that they use, we get it at the grocery store sometimes. Its really good! Good luck this week everyone!
Jessica1129 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 02:47 PM   #107
Senior LCF Member

Hello everyone!
Angelbaby, I am wondering what kind of protein you are eating. 800 calories of protein is a lot if you are eating lean protein..like chix or fish. I find by eating these I can satisfy the need for volume in belly that I am used to and I also consume a lot more water because they make me thirsty. Also, try snacking on iceberg lettuce or celery if you need to nibble. The celery uses more energy to consume than the calories they provide. Hopefully this input helps. I would google the tea to find out if it has sugar naturally in it.

As far as me, well I hosted a baptism for my niece today and could NOT resist the red velvet cake with cream cheese frosting, HOWEVER I am proud to have only eaten 3 bites and gave the rest away. I did scoop up a bit of frosting on my finger as I was cleaning up...I just could not resist. SOOOO, I did 45 minutes on my elliptical burning 348 calories followed by some hand weights for my arms. I hope that this burned off the calories. I am so not hungry right now but know I need to replace the calories with protein...so we will see how later tonight goes. I am anxious to test my ketones tomorrow!!! Since my brother chose to cater the food with Panera, the only other food I was able to eat was the inside of the sandwiches and plain ceasar salad without dressing. I did resist the bread. So, although I gave into the cake I am proud how much I was able to resist and find on my list that I could eat without making it obvious to the crowd of people that I was avoiding the "good" food!
Old 01-13-2013, 03:07 PM   #108
Junior LCF Member

Great to hear about tea. It is awesome. Chris Laurie: I really had protein: meatloaf muffin, 140 calories, 10 large shrimp, with 1serving cream cheese, 300 calories, turkey pepperoni, 70 calories, 2 cheese sticks, 160.
Ok, now that I add it up, it's only 670. I guess because I grazed it felt like more.
Oh, geez.
Don't beat yourself up about the cake, either. If it kicked you out of ketosis, your workout will kick you back in quicker.
Old 01-13-2013, 03:13 PM   #109
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica1129 View Post
I'm restarting tomorrow after having been off plan since October. I'm so excited and can't wait to see the scale moving again. Hubby is doing it with me this time, although he only has 20lbs or so to lose. We went grocery shopping today and we're ready!

Angelbaby, the passion tea doesn't have any sweetener in it itself, so as long as they didn't add any its unsweetened. Its Tazo Passion tea that they use, we get it at the grocery store sometimes. Its really good! Good luck this week everyone!
You are going to love seeing the scale drop. I did medi for 6 months in 2011, and maintained for 6 months before I started going off. Doing this again is like welcoming in an old friend. I am loving it.
Old 01-13-2013, 05:52 PM   #110
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: bluekate
Stats: 192/162/150
WOE: Mediloss
Start Date: 1/3/2013
Awesome job....keep up the great work.
bluekate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 05:58 PM   #111
Junior LCF Member

Did pretty good eating out....went to Average Joes in Seekonk....played it safe and had grilled chicken over salad.....I had a crazy work weekend, I work at VS and I now have learned to pack my lunches with plenty of healthy snacks, have to keep the focus.

Hope everyone had a great weekend.
Old 01-13-2013, 06:34 PM   #112
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelbaby View Post
Great to hear about tea. It is awesome. Chris Laurie: I really had protein: meatloaf muffin, 140 calories, 10 large shrimp, with 1serving cream cheese, 300 calories, turkey pepperoni, 70 calories, 2 cheese sticks, 160.
Ok, now that I add it up, it's only 670. I guess because I grazed it felt like more.
Oh, geez.
Don't beat yourself up about the cake, either. If it kicked you out of ketosis, your workout will kick you back in quicker.
THanks Angelbaby. What is a meatloaf muffin...just meatloaf cooked in a muffin pan instead of loaf pan? And, did you dip your shrimp in cream cheese? I am just trying to get meal ideas!
Old 01-14-2013, 04:21 AM   #113
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluekate View Post
Did pretty good eating out....went to Average Joes in Seekonk....played it safe and had grilled chicken over salad.....I had a crazy work weekend, I work at VS and I now have learned to pack my lunches with plenty of healthy snacks, have to keep the focus.

Hope everyone had a great weekend.
Great choices Blue, especially with the planning ahead and packing your meals.

I start a new FT job next week and will have to plan/pack every night before in order to stay on plan and avoid getting hungry in a situation without good options.

Blue, I live in Swansea, grew up in Barrington years ago. May I ask which Medi center you go to?
Old 01-14-2013, 04:23 AM   #114
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica1129 View Post
I'm restarting tomorrow after having been off plan since October. I'm so excited and can't wait to see the scale moving again. Hubby is doing it with me this time, although he only has 20lbs or so to lose. We went grocery shopping today and we're ready!!
Yay Jessica, we're her for you especially in week #1.

You can do it, (as you already know) and that weigh in is such a rush!
Old 01-14-2013, 06:23 AM   #115
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Caterpillarinn
Stats: 178/144/140
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: July 2012
You are all doing fabulous!

Keep up the good work.
Caterpillarinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 07:17 AM   #116
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Great choices Blue, especially with the planning ahead and packing your meals.

I start a new FT job next week and will have to plan/pack every night before in order to stay on plan and avoid getting hungry in a situation without good options.

Blue, I live in Swansea, grew up in Barrington years ago. May I ask which Medi center you go to?
I grew up in Providence and now live in Warwick.

My full time Job is in Providence, so I go to the JOhnston RI Medi clinic....

I have a few part time jobs as well.....VS in Mass., and I bartend in Prov....and I live in Warwick....I'm all over the place

I noticed you did the Polar bear plunge in Newport....I have some friends that do it every year....I wouldnt be surprised if we have mutual friends...

My main problem is all of the running around from job to job and getting something to eat fast to fill me up, before my next job.....I'm doing well with the pre planning of my foods and cooking at nite.

I'm not able to take the AS so I get 800 calories a day, I've had quite a few days when I'm under, I just can't go under 500, which won't be a problem for me.

Good luck with your new job!!
Old 01-14-2013, 02:55 PM   #117
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
THanks Angelbaby. What is a meatloaf muffin...just meatloaf cooked in a muffin pan instead of loaf pan? And, did you dip your shrimp in cream cheese? I am just trying to get meal ideas!
The meatloaf muffin is exactly what you said, I literally cook meat in muffin tins so it is portioned out.
I dipped the shrimp in homemade, low carb, cocktail sauce: low sugar ketchup ( 1 carb per serving) mixed with horseradish. I put that mixture over the cream cheese.
I simply love it. I usually only add the cream cheese on workout days, but like I said, yesterday I wanted to nibble.
I guess I could dip celery in it.
Old 01-14-2013, 04:44 PM   #118
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: mon326
Stats: 273/260/180
Start Date: Jan 6, 2013
first week of medi diet is finally over for me!! while hunger wasnt a big issue for me... having chicken deli meats eggs and cottage cheese was starting to become an issue! i was never so happy to see a salad for lunch and broccoli on my plate for dinner!! Anyways, I'm down 9.9lbs today! Now im off to the gym to see my weight loss progress continue!!
mon326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 06:31 PM   #119
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: back2m3
Mon,

Wow! Good for you!
back2m3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 07:23 PM   #120
Senior LCF Member

Angelbaby, Thanks for the shrimp dipping idea!
Mon...congratulations, what a great loss for you!

Ketone question, I seem to never get higher than "small amount" of ketones on my dip stick. This is only my 3rd week and I am afraid not being in moderate to high Ketone range is reducing the effectiveness of the program. ANy thoughts on how to get up to at least the moderate range? I will ask when I go saturday but just wondered if any experienced this too.