Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2013, 11:03 AM   #421
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: CurvyGirl
Stats: 228/196/??
Quote:
Originally Posted by AubieEllen View Post
Weigh in #3 scheduled for today at 5:15pm! Although I would prefer to have my weigh ins in the AM, I can't take the time off work every week. Any one else weigh in the evening?
Good luck, Aubie!!
CurvyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-26-2013, 08:01 PM   #422
Junior LCF Member

Ok, so this is random, but does anyone else get really angry at fat jokes on TV and in movies? I hate the way fatness is portrayed in our media, as totally undesirable and as something to be disgusted by. I know I'm not the only one to think about this as there is a whole academic disciplinary focus on fatness studies. I believe in being healthy, and, obviously I want to be thinner or I wouldn't be doing medi, but I don't think I'm the grossest thing on the planet either. Argh. I'm so mad.

Ok, rant over...
Old 03-27-2013, 06:11 AM   #423
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Emily227
Stats: 5'8" 200.6/186.2/140
WOE: Medi Weightloss Clinic
Start Date: 3/20/13
Hi all! So true about potential weight gain back CurvyGirl, I also hope that this is teaching me how to eat better and healthier! I just had my one week weigh in and I am down 10.6lbs! So that was exciting :-) Im worried bc week 2 seems way more involved than week 1. I was just eating really basic and only had to worry about weighing my food. Now I have to worry about measuring out veggies too. I really like mashed cauliflower and would like to just make a bunch to have it all week but I dont know how much mashed cauliflower equals a 1/2 of cooked.
Emily227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 06:45 AM   #424
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ictdeb
Stats: 5'7" 264/229/165
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 3/1/13
Out of curiosity, I pulled a pair of next-size-down slacks out of my closet last night and tried them on. They fit perfectly! Not I have to lay on the bed and struggle to get them zipped. Not wait another 5 pounds and they'll look better. They seriously fit. So I wore them to work today.

This morning, my scale says 248.4. But my official weekly WI at the center isn't until tomorrow afternoon. We shall see.
ictdeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 06:51 AM   #425
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: SusieQusie60
Stats: 180.5/172/150
WOE: Medi weightloss
Start Date: 3/7/13
So I've been sort of absent lately...repenting for my sins of the weekend!!

I had a dinner party on Saturday night and made sure every single thing I made was totally A-OK to eat. I intentionally asked a friend to bring dessert - so I wouldn't be tempted by my own homemade stuff (I love to bake.) I was kinda hoping she'd bring some store-bought thing that I would not be interested in.

Unfortunately, she made a magnificent chocolate cake (from the Barefoot Contessa no less.) So, I had decided from the get-go that I was going to have a drink or 2 that night (vodka with some "Skinny" appletini mixer - no carbs.) But here's the real reason you probably shouldn't drink when starting this plan: by the time dessert rolled around, I'd had my drinks, and my defenses were down. I absolutely could NOT say no to the darn cake. So I had a piece. Ugh.

My plan, of course, was to get right back on track Sunday morning. Well, was feeling a little "off" and frustrated, so I had a little piece of leftover shortbread from the night before. I did pull it together first thing Monday. Back to square one Monday, Tuesday and today. I hadn't checked for Ketosis at all since the weekend, but this morning I was back "in."

I go for my weigh-in after work this afternoon. I'm pretty sure I didn't do any real damage, but I won't know for sure until later. Wish me luck.

SA
SusieQusie60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 07:30 AM   #426
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Laurie North
Stats: 218.5/186.5/175
WOE: MWL
Start Date: August 10, 2011 and 2-18-13
SQ....
I think we are leading parallel lives! My lifestyle inclination is the antithesis of healthy living. Exercise is a chore, dining is a recreation and I enjoy my cocktails.
Now having said that I walk 1+ hour 5 days a week, dine out rarely and try to be vigilant at home about finding Medi friendly recipes. I am willing to make sacrifices to get this weight off, but have accepted that it may be a slower process because I am trying to create a routine that I can continue after Medi.
Now off to weigh in!
Laurie North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 08:54 AM   #427
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: AubieEllen
Stats: 170/155.5/145
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: 03-05-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emily227 View Post
Thanks so much! That is very helpful! I had gained a lot of weight from fertility treatments, so my eating habits were never super bad. I just hope that I will be able to have pasta again one day lol!!

Emily,
I, as well, gained a lot of weight (initially) from fertility treatments. So focused on having a baby that you loose sight of taking care of yourself! Luckily, it eventually worked for us! Keep your head up, you can do this!!!
AubieEllen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 09:39 AM   #428
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: AubieEllen
Stats: 170/155.5/145
Start Date: 03-05-2013
So far, so good. I was down 2.5 pounds @ my weigh-in last night. So far:

3/5 Start
3/12 -8.6
3/19 -2.6
3/26 -2.5
AubieEllen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 08:43 AM   #429
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ictdeb View Post
Out of curiosity, I pulled a pair of next-size-down slacks out of my closet last night and tried them on. They fit perfectly! Not I have to lay on the bed and struggle to get them zipped. Not wait another 5 pounds and they'll look better. They seriously fit. So I wore them to work today.
This is AWESOME! LOVE that!!
Old 03-28-2013, 11:55 AM   #430
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Fit2010
Stats: Ht 5'3" Wt 12/09=190;9/10=137;2/14=196.5
WOE: MediWeightLoss-like/Atkins-like
Start Date: 12-28-09; restart 02-07-14
[QUOTE=ictdeb;16338889]Out of curiosity, I pulled a pair of next-size-down slacks out of my closet last night and tried them on. They fit perfectly! Not I have to lay on the bed and struggle to get them zipped. Not wait another 5 pounds and they'll look better. They seriously fit. So I wore them to work today.QUOTE]

SO happy for you Deb! MWL is working and I know it works for me!!By the way, I now remember looking up the TGym info online and not being able to print it off....such a bother! You want to take it where you can really handle and use it, next to the appartus! I just found a very insightful read at Dillons the other day. I highly recommend it as you do this journey, or anyone!! By Allison Bottke.I know that I have used FOOD in dysfunctional ways...most of us have. And MWL doesn't really teach us about how to fix that, so after I lost the weight and eventually within 2 years with daughter's wedding, being very ill repeatedly, and then with significant repeat sinus surgeries, I regained nearly all the weight. Wish I had applied what Setting boundaries with Food says with the eating plan and exercise that I know worked for me and that I am getting back to.....for the FINAL TIME!

Last edited by Fit2010; 03-28-2013 at 11:58 AM..
Fit2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 04:55 PM   #431
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: dtg1990
Stats: 64" 163/126.6/120
WOE: Was Medi Weight Loss, now exercise/good nutrition
Start Date: Feb 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCBookworm View Post
Jessica1129, I've said it before, but you are the best at giving correct, useful information! I know if I have a question, you will know what to do. I'm going to look for Quest bars this week. I've been buying Detour Lower Sugar bars. They're pretty good, but they do have sugar alcohols, and all of the sugar alcohol posts have got me thinking that I should do what I can to minimize my SA intake. Can't hurt.

dtg1990, I may have said this before, but to me, the best indicator of ketosis is fat loss. So many factors can throw off those test strip results. Are you exercising a lot? That can burn off the ketones so the strips aren't detecting them in your urine, but your body is still in ketosis. My strips would say over and over that I was in mild ketosis or not in ketosis, but I was losing fat like crazy and keeping my muscle, so I just stopped using them. Really interested to hear about your weigh-in results!

lmisean, so excited to hear about your groove! Woohoo! If you can tolerate a small amount of sugar alcohols, I recommend the Detour Lower Sugar bars.

ictdeb, you ROCK! 5.5 lbs. of fat is no small feat. I am amazed. You'll sail right past that 250-lb. mini-goal in no time.

reinvented, your exercise commitment inspires me to set another small goal for myself this week. I'm going to shoot for 4 workouts this week. No slacking. Thanks!
Well, I am on vacation this week, and haven't been completely on plan and haven't gotten new test strips (forgot when I was in the store), but I have been keeping to the very low carb diet, and have had no veggies or fruit because I am paranoid about not losing. I am not a regular exerciser, but this week we are skiing a lot -- which involves lots of helping my kids get up, walking from the beginner to the intermediate slope chair lifts and getting sweaty and out of breath at times. Tuesday walked about 2 miles, today went bike riding, will be skiing again tomorrow. Feel it in my calves and shoulders (especially when pushing myself uphill in downhill skiis). I think I am still losing, calories have been upped a bit to 800-1000 per day, again primarily chicken, eggs, and cheese (hungry due to the skiing). I brought some shakes with me (not mediplus--and I only did the shakes once because it tasted so awful) and ate two mediplus bars this week. Had 180 calories of sunflower seeds yesterday along with a mediplus bar for lunch because I was starving after skiing. I guess I will find out how I do next week when I return. Actually since I went out of ketosis I have been paranoid about carbs and not had much veggies (none since last week).

I need to get those ketone strips...
dtg1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 08:27 PM   #432
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: chrislaurie
WOE: lo carb
Down another 2.6 for a total of 36.2 since Jan 1st! 11 more til my goal for now! Lots of conversation about my weightless from coworkers, it even monopolized the conversations at a retirement party I went to tonight. I really can't believe all the attention I have gotten over the past 2 weeks. It makes me feel really good. I had a lot of food/ alcohol pusher at the party tonight and seemed to really get my message heard when I replied it wasn't worth it to me to eat/drink what they were pushing on me. The more they pushed the more I dug my heals in. Of course, it helped that I took a stay slim to curb impulses too. I ate veggies and cheese with some meatballs so I at least showed I could actually eat at the party! A couple more weeks til I am in maintenance! I need to work hard and see about maximizing my weightloss the next couple weeks by exercising. The weather is nicer for outdoor activities and so I am using that to motivate me.
chrislaurie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 04:28 AM   #433
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: dariasen
Stats: 241/228/150-140
Start Date: 3/14/13
2 weeks into Medi and things are going well. I still have not smoked and I lost 8.5lbs..which I'm pretty happy about. I've had a miserable cold for the past 10days which has made things difficult. The doctor at Medi keeps acting when I'm going to start exercising...but honestly, my head is so stuffy I find getting out of bed an accomplishment right now.

Thanks for all the inspiration reading all of your updates.
dariasen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 07:45 AM   #434
Junior LCF Member

Happy Friday!! I have to start off with a big GO SHOX! I'm not actually a huge basketball fan, but living in Wichita and going to grad school at WSU, I've been swept into the madness.

Had my weekly weigh-in yesterday evening and was down net 1.5 pounds, so I'm at 249.5 by the center's scale. Lost 3 lbs fat; gained 1.5 water and 0.5 muscle. One if these days my body will give up the water, but in order for me to not get frustrated with the overall numbers, I have decided that I have to focus on just the fat loss. In the overall scheme of things, THAT is what's important.

CurvyGirl and Fit2010 thank you for the awesome comments about my new-but-not-new pants!! It felt sooo good to put them on. I honestly didn't expect them to fit.

AubieEllen look at you go!! Congrats on a great week.

dtg1990 enjoy your vacation. I'd think skiing is plenty of exercise for the day. Do think about adding the veggies back into your diet. Be sure to stick to the portions and you should be okay. I definitely limit my fruit though...to like 1 or 2 servings a week.

chrislaurie Keep going!! Because what you're doing is obviously working.

dariasen my hat is off to you for Quitting smoking and going on mdi at the same time.You're doing great! Hope you get to feeling better soon. I tell ya, exercise does make a difference in my energy levels...even though it is still hard to make myself WANT to do it! But I totally understand being sick. That's another story all together.
Old 03-29-2013, 08:10 AM   #435
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: reinvented
Stats: 234/187.6/165
WOE: Medi/Stillmans
Start Date: 4/17/2009 restart 1/22/13
I so agree with you Laurie North I really want this to be a lifestyle change so I do need to learn how to control myself around carb filled foods when I hit goal. Its really hard to be disciplined when life is going on all around you ie birthdays office parties etc.

I hit my halfway goal of being under 200 pounds by my birthday I am 198 onderland whoo hoo) and my birthday is still in 2 weeks. I'm in awe of how far I've come total of 36 pounds. I go to Florida n 2 weeks for vacation and although I told myself I wouldn't be too strict I'm scared to go off plan and deal with the getting back on irritability. Plus I really feel like I can finish this race and get down to my real goal. so we'll see.

Great job everyone on all your losses.
week 3 = 3.6 216.6
week 4 = 3.2 213.4
week 5= 4.2 209.2
Week 6=1.8 207.4
Week 7= 3.2 204.2
week 8= no loss went off plan a day
week 9= 6.2 198
reinvented is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 09:43 AM   #436
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ictdeb View Post
Had my weekly weigh-in yesterday evening and was down net 1.5 pounds, so I'm at 249.5 by the center's scale. Lost 3 lbs fat; gained 1.5 water and 0.5 muscle.
Guess who can't I can't do basic math before her 2nd cup of coffee! It was 3 lbs fat lost; 1 lbs water & 0.5 lb muscle gained. Little details that probably don't matter to anyone but me.

reinvented congrats on hitting your mini goal before your deadline!!
Old 03-31-2013, 10:36 AM   #437
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: chrislaurie
WOE: lo carb
Gee, where has everyone gone? So, in preparation for Easter and all the candy that comes along with the holiday and kids, I planned ahead and bought myself Sugar Free Reese PB mini cups and Sugar Free Hershey Dark Chocolate mini bars. This way I can have my candy without the sugar and the carbs and calories are less too. Pretty smart of me...I think! I also bought Atkins SF PB cups but at 80 calories per cup they weren't worth it AND tasted no where as good as the Reese cups. I just got back from a one hour jog/walk with my 11 yr old son and dog...the hubster and 2 girls opted to stay home...booo! But. it was 65 and sunny and the wooded rail trail was beautiful. So glad I did it and now when I eat my candy I don't feel guilty. I have the adrenaline high that I want to go out after Easter dinner too! Not sure if that will happen, but hope so. I am also planning on joining a running group that meets 1X week and does fun 5K with prizes by age group. I will do this with a friend and probably walk a lot at the beginning. I feel spring weather with added sunshine and less weight to tote around has motivated me to be more intentional in getting some exercise. Hopefully I can keep this up. I bought an 8 pack of Medi visits as part of a promo and plan to be on maintenance in 2-3 weeks. I am so excited for spring and summer to come. Well, I posted, now it is up for you all to keep this going!!!
chrislaurie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 06:44 PM   #438
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Fireangel6729
Not so good food choices

Hello everyone..congratulations to all of you on your journey & weightloss. Well I'm so bummed out..I had spaghetti, little bit of bread on Friday night and a bun yesterday & no longer in ketosis..I have lost 10 lbs in 3 weeks. I'm gonna start again tomorrow & hopefully I won't have gained when I go weigh in on Friday...

Last edited by Fireangel6729; 03-31-2013 at 06:47 PM..
Fireangel6729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 09:47 PM   #439
Junior LCF Member

Wow...quiet weekend. I hope everyone has been off enjoying family time. That's where we were. Spent the weekend at my parents' farm surrounded by all the temptation that comes with a) being around my mother and b) being a holiday. But I made it!

We did make cream puffs for dessert today and I didn't skip them. But we used SF pudding for the filling and I consciously chose the smallest one. Not even the baskets full of candy tempted me, and in the past I have always fallen to the chocolate monster. I'll see tomorrow if it kicked me out of ketosis.
Old 04-01-2013, 05:10 AM   #440
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: YankeeMom27
Stats: 181/156.8/145
WOE: Medi WeightLoss
Start Date: restart 03/29/13
Good Morning!

I am on day 4 of week 1 after restarting Medi after 3 year absence. Just like others on here, between stressful full-time job, 2 kids and running a household, I put my needs on the backburner and gained back all 35 pounds I lost the first time (and then some). I found out that my high school class is holding a 25 year class reunion this summer and do not want to go back home looking like I do, so here I am, ready to follow the plan to a T and get back into the good habits I had learned the first time. I had tried to do the plan on my own, but I really need the accountability of weighing in (and paying!) to stick to the plan. I was psyched to see that I was in ketosis this am and I did weigh myself and I'm down 4 pounds! This encouraged me to exercise this am and I plan on taking my dogs for a 2 mile walk this evening! I have to say reading everyone's posts is also very encouraging and hopefully I can do the same for others. Hope everyone has a great day on plan!!
Old 04-01-2013, 06:08 AM   #441
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cheftrish
Stats: 5'5" 178.8/171.6/130
Start Date: January 23 2014
Hi All, I am restarting Medi tomorrow. Very excited. Just want to get this program on the way. Congrats everyone on your weightloss, and Dariasen, wow! What an accomplishment giving up smoking and changing the way you eat! Inspirational! You are making great decisions for your health!
cheftrish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 08:56 AM   #442
Junior LCF Member

Good morning all.

Hope the Easter bunny wasn't too tempting.

Last week was very good. I am down 8lbs, could fit into a smaller jean size (although the smaller size causes an EPIC muffin top) and still no smoking!

Saturday I indulged in 2 small white chocolate, raspberry cheesecake bunnies. Last year I devoured a whole box (24 pieces) in 2 hours...it was a bunny massacre. This year I had my Mom hide the box at her house and only allow me 2...I savored each moment of those 2 bunnies but found them too sugary now.

Yesterday I took my 1st motorcycle class. 6 hours learning on a bike. Every muscle in my body is screaming today. I think I did more physical activity then I had in years. I should hopefully burn some more fat this week now that my cold is over. I have 2 hours of dog walking at the shelter tonight and am going to start the Zombies Run couch to 5k program tomorrow.

Last edited by dariasen; 04-01-2013 at 08:59 AM..
Old 04-01-2013, 10:31 AM   #443
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Emily227
Stats: 5'8" 200.6/186.2/140
WOE: Medi Weightloss Clinic
Start Date: 3/20/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by AubieEllen View Post
Emily,
I, as well, gained a lot of weight (initially) from fertility treatments. So focused on having a baby that you loose sight of taking care of yourself! Luckily, it eventually worked for us! Keep your head up, you can do this!!!
That is so great to hear! Congrats! I definitely did lose sight of my health and was hyper focused on getting pregnant. We are currently taking a break from treatments because I really want to focus on my weight loss.
Emily227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 06:51 AM   #444
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Fireangel6729
ketosis again :-)

Back in Ketosis this morning :-)
Fireangel6729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 07:33 AM   #445
Junior LCF Member

Hope everyone is having a good Thursday so far. I weighed in. Stayed the same, but lost 1.5lbs of fat, so I'll take that as a win Worked out this morning and now I'm trying to get motivated to do some work. Have a great day, everyone!
Old 04-04-2013, 05:59 PM   #446
Junior LCF Member

Swedish Fish will be the death of me! That is all.
Old 04-04-2013, 09:20 PM   #447
Junior LCF Member

This has been a very busy week. Where has the time gone? I mean...wasn't it just Sunday????

I had my weigh in this afternoon and am down 4.5 pounds. 2 of that is fat so I'm all kinds if happy! I am really ready to get rid of this cold weather though. It has been messing with me. Being on the spring at any time!!
Old 04-05-2013, 05:02 AM   #448
Junior LCF Member

Happy Friday,

I had an awesome weigh-in this week! I was down 4lbs...-5lbs fat and +1lb water!

Started a C25K program from Zombies Run and I'm really enjoying it. The weather is at last looking like spring in CT so I'm not freezing during my runs.

I also started experimenting with cooking. I made the protein pancakes that was in the Medi handout. My DH was craving pancakes all week so it was a good time to try them out. They were pretty good. Tasted like a pancake/french toast hybrid, and I used the Walden Farms Syrup. I went over my calories, but I'm not too worried because it was all protein. I froze a few of them for work tomorrow, we're having a pancake breakfast and now I don't have to miss out.

Have a great weekend.
Old 04-05-2013, 08:39 AM   #449
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: flaca_jaz
Stats: 230/206/150
WOE: medi weight loss clinic
Start Date: march 2013
i joined medi the end of March and i really just want to see the weight loss how everyone else has been seeing it
flaca_jaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 10:48 AM   #450
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: YankeeMom27
Stats: 181/156.8/145
WOE: Medi WeightLoss
Start Date: restart 03/29/13
Weighed in this am..lost 7.4 lbs- 5.3lbs of fat! So excited with this loss and to be able to have fruits and veggies this week! Had a nice chicken/tomato/cucumber salad for lunch and now looking through a few low carb sites for some good dinner ideas. Have a great weekend everyone!
YankeeMom27 is offline   Reply With Quote