Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2013, 02:50 PM   #361
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: NCBookworm
Stats: 245.6/188.0/155
Start Date: 10/19/12
WELCOME, lmisean! So happy you're here. If you're sticking to plan everywhere else, I don't think those pork rinds will do one bit of harm. They're low-carb. I'm in Charlotte, too; I go to the South Park clinic. They included the ketosis strips in my intro kit. I don't use them! You can find them at the drugstore if you want them. I am excited to hear about your first weigh-in.

ictdeb, how was the weigh-in? More importantly, how is your arm? Ugh, I hate when they can't find a good vein. I agree that you're well hydrated with all that water consumption, so it can't be that! We have similar starting stats. I'm 5'8" and was 245.6. I just know the weight is going to fly off for you!

What a fabulous first week, SusieQusie! I love your enthusiasm. You have nothing but success ahead of you!

AubieEllen, welcome, welcome, ! Way to flex that resistance muscle right off the bat. I must admit that I took a couple of months to really commit to this way of eating and thinking. The lady who started this thread was so pumped and committed as she began that it inspired me to get on the wagon 100%. You could be inspiring 150 internet lurkers with your awesome commitment!

chrislaurie, keep up the great work! Wow, 32 lbs. in 2 1/2 months?! You are a picture of commitment, friend! I don't tell work friends about Medi, either. Just that I'm doing low-carb. On the one hand, I think Medi is the greatest thing in the universe, and I want the world to know about how awesome it is, but on the other hand, I'm not trying to explain the safety of appetite suppressants and B12 shots to people with whom I don't discuss my personal health decisions. All they need to know is that I cannot go for pizza at lunchtime.

Fit2010, keep us posted when you have time! Hooray for nurses!
NCBookworm is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-15-2013, 03:59 PM   #362
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: SusieQusie60
Stats: 180.5/172/150
WOE: Medi weightloss
Start Date: 3/7/13
Man, why must so much of life revolve around food? It's making me just a little bit crazy right now!!

I mentioned that my son is home from college with his new girlfriend, and even when I try to plan things that don't involve food, we always do have to eat!! And because she's literally from the other coast, we're trying to show her local favorites around here. So last night was our absolute most fun mexican restaurant. I think I did OK. (It was my first day of week 2 - so thankfully I had the addition of veggies and a healthy fat.) I'm not going to say I was perfect, but I was pretty good.

First of all: NO MARGARITAS! I just was the designated driver for the night. No problem there. No chips - that's a no brainer. This particular place gives you all sorts of extra stuff - a little cheese quesadilla to start; some nachos for all to share and a banana/ice cream deep fried thingy for dessert. Again - didn't touch any of them.

For my meal I ordered the "Mexican Shrimp." It was basically shrimp with mushrooms, onions and green peppers. It came with a small green salad, and I put some guacamole on the salad as my dressing. (Honestly, I didn't want to deprive myself of everything I love...I thought that might just make me mad!) So I loved my meal. I really did. And I feel like I probably was a little high on calories, but again, my feeling is if I can just totally avoid as many carbs as possible, and if I do have carbs, keep it as low as possible and make sure they're as healthy as possible.

Still enjoying reading everyone's posts.

Fit2010 - my daughter is a nursing student right now. The second part of our celebration was her passing a particular "unit" and moving on.

Yikes - here I am right in the middle of my post, and I get a call to go meet my family for dinner!!!! Hahaha. I'm gonna run now, but I'll be back later.

SQ
SusieQusie60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 06:43 PM   #363
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ictdeb
Stats: 5'7" 264/229/165
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 3/1/13
lmisean welcome aboard. I'd say pork rinds are one of the least terrible crunchy things you could have "cheated" with in your first week. Being animal based, they're protein. So you've got that going for you! Maybe a little high in fat, but as long as you didn't go hog wild (sorry...bad pun), I'd bet you're okay.

chrislaurie Look at you go! Thank you for the inspiration to keep at it.

Fit2010 Enjoy your spring break! Teachers, no matter what level, deserve the break!! I think my sister who teaches 3rd grade looks forward to it more than her students do.

NCBookworm congratulations on entering onederland! May that new pair of jeans be just right by your get together in April.

SQ for all the challenges you have surrounding you this week, it sounds like you're doing pretty well. I'm sure I would have caved days ago.
ictdeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 06:44 PM   #364
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: chrislaurie
WOE: lo carb
Great job Bookworm!
chrislaurie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 06:53 PM   #365
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ictdeb
Stats: 5'7" 264/229/165
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 3/1/13
Oops forgot about my WI. I was down 2 pounds yesterday...all water. And I'm having a mental battle with myself, so I'm having a hard time getting excited over it. I've been losing and gaining the same 10 pounds for over a year, so just really feel like I need a few more to get me into this whole thing. I know I'll get there, but part of me is like "I did all that for 2 pounds of freaking water?"

And yes, they did get my blood taken. Thank goodness!! And no bruise...even better. At least that part of the saga is over and done with.
ictdeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 06:59 PM   #366
Senior LCF Member

SusieQ, congrats on managing your 1st meal out. I like your mindset about being sure to limit the carbs and go for the protein if you are going to go over the calories for the day.

Bookworm, I totally agree with you as to not sharing medi but that I am lo carbing and love the reference to they only need to know I can't do pizza!

ictdeb, thanks for the shout out!

Funny, my school is doing a biggest looser contest and so many people have come to me to ask if I am doing the contest because they are afraid to be a competitor with me!! Ha! I told them I was not doing the contest and thanked them! Now that I have lost 32lbs I have proudly been announcing the # when asked about how much my weight loss. it is funny to see how shocked they are to hear that I lost so much. But, no one really noticed until I got to about 25lbs so I wonder how much was hidden under my clothes or is it that when you are fat...you are fat and no one notices because you are carrying so much around.

I have noticed a little extra spring in my step, that I am more comfortable working on the carpet with my Kindergarten students and that I can run and not feel that I am going to, well...pee my pants a little bit!!! Physically I am just realizing how much less effort it is to do the most common things. My husband even noticed my winter coats have more room around the zippers! I am so excited and have not lost focus or motivation...but am hankering for some off plan foods...pizza and ice cream and chocolate...the foods that got me to medi!!!!!!!!!

Enough about me, good night!!! Please post so I can read about your success! I feel like I just brag about myself and my feelings and that is so unnatural!
Old 03-16-2013, 06:49 AM   #367
Junior LCF Member

So, here I am sitting with my coffee (Butter Toffee blend, black, one Splenda) and my 24 oz. watered-down Crystal Light (laced with some SF Metamucil - I have a "thing" about staying regular) and I seem to actually have a little time on my hands. Wanted to finish my post from last night with a couple of "shout outs" and some more of my self-therapy ramblings (reading and writing here definitely helps me.)

First of all I absolutely LOVE the little words of encouragement you all share with each other (and me!) It makes me feel good to see my name on the page and words sent directly to me. Thanks for that!

ictdeb - thanks for your nice words and good job on the loss. I'm really new to this so I can't give any veteran words of wisdom, but I can say that a 2 pound loss is way way better than any gain, right?

chrislauri - I too am not giving "details" on exactly what plan I'm following. I'm sticking with "low carb" when asked. Too many people have bad (uninformed) opinions on something like MWL. From looking at your stats you seem to be doing great! (I work in a school too - the front office. Always a place with tons and tons of tempting treats!!)

NCBookworm - I like your smaller-goal idea, and the whole trying on the jeans as motivation. I bet it felt really great (especially psychologically) to get those babies zipped up!!! I'm sure you'll be rockin' them with no "internal organ compression" in no time at all!

Fit2010 - I love to see medical professionals following this WOE. I mentioned in my earlier post (before I had to run out once again for a restaurant meal!!!) that my daughter is a nursing student. She's had her own eating issues in the past (she suffered with bulimia in h.s.) and it was all of her dealings with doctors and nurses that really prompted her to become a nurse. Of course, her history is actually another reason I try to stay at a "healthy" weight and I really do try to model good eating habits for her. While she knows that I'm eating low carb right now, I've decided NOT to share with her how I'm doing it.

I've had a couple of insights that I thought I'd share, just in case they can help anyone. About the water: I've discovered that I am much more successful when I make myself a 1/2-gallon of Crystal Light in the morning (I usually make it around half strength for some reason) then bring it to work with me to drink all day. I leave it on my desk, and it's a good visual reminder. Before I even go to work, I usually down 16-24 separate ounces (with some Metamucil in it) just to take my pills. Does anyone else find they need quite a bit of liquid to get some of those horse pills down? I have some of my own medication that I take each day, so I'm actually swallowing 9 pills every morning. That takes a lot of liquid for me. But hey, it's a great way to get the water in. I also drink one 32-oz Powerade Zero - usually at the gym. So right there I'm up to 112 oz of water for the day. It's not hard to get another 16 ounces in with dinner, so I'm good to go. I was home from work yesterday and didn't make my 1/2-gallon for the day. I noticed it was the first day I probably didn't get a full 128 ounces in. I made myself a nice big pitcher for home today.

Last night's dinner was at a mediterranean restaurant. Had some sauteed shrimp and scallops with spinach. No pita; no yummy hummus or lentil soup or any of those foods that I consider healthy and (hopefully) ok to eat again someday. Since it's only week 2 for me I feel I should be able to stick to plan as much as possible. Once again, not perfect, but not too bad I figure. It's back to college on Sunday so today is the last day I need to get through with my son and his gf here. As much as I'll miss them, I definitely look forward to being able to get back to having a little more control over my food choices!

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend. Stay motivated!!

SQ
Old 03-16-2013, 07:29 AM   #368
Senior LCF Member

SusieQ I am really impressed with your ability to go dining out so soon in the program. Kudos to you for figuring out how to make it work.

As for the water, I have a 32oz bottle that I use throughout the day. I guzzle as much as I can each morning before I have my cup of coffee and try to finish the bottle before I leave for school. Then, another bottle I finish before lunch, another between lunch and dinner and I work on another before bed...but don't always finish it. I have been doing it for so long my bladder has adjusted and I don't run to the bathroom so much now. I don't like the powdered flavorings and now that I eat veggies I don't find I "need" the powered because I don't have the headaches or light headedness. I do occasionally drink the powerade..like when my brain wants a treat! I also make sure to pop stay slim after I eat breakfast and lunch. Also, on the weekends I make sure to take the stay slim before I head out on errands etc because I find I am more hungry on the weekends when I am less distracted.

Hope my suggestions help.
Old 03-16-2013, 02:25 PM   #369
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Fit2010
Stats: Ht 5'3" Wt 12/09=190;9/10=137;2/14=196.5
WOE: MediWeightLoss-like/Atkins-like
Start Date: 12-28-09; restart 02-07-14
Hi Everybody! Great conversations and inspiration going on around here!! Awesome! I had a very busy week and next week, though the nursing students I teach ICU rotations to are on spring break, I agreed to work extra in the ambulatory surgery center recovery room where I also work. I love taking care of patients myself too! I love the variety I can have as a nurse!! Sometimes the days get unexpectedly longer and that is one bad thing about being able to plan for weight loss!

There was a thread I started several years ago that several members wrote down what we ate daily and how much we exercised. If anyone is digging around in the LCF threads it is called "Energy In (Eating), Energy Out (Exercise) and was started in about February of 2010, it lasted for quite a while and was an encouragment for a lot in that group to get to goal. Perhaps you all would like to start a similar accountability group here! Just an idea

Last edited by Fit2010; 03-16-2013 at 02:27 PM..
Fit2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 02:37 PM   #370
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Fit2010
Stats: Ht 5'3" Wt 12/09=190;9/10=137;2/14=196.5
WOE: MediWeightLoss-like/Atkins-like
Start Date: 12-28-09; restart 02-07-14
[QUOTE=NCBookworm;16317998]
I'm meeting up with some college buddies at the beach in mid-April, so that's my next 10-lb. goal. Setting mini-goals has been working well for me. That way I don't have to dwell on all 90 lbs. at once. It also helps to curb temptation: the old me would sabotage a weightloss effort by reasoning, "I have so far to go; I'll never survive without a little treat here and there!" Now I say, "That 10-lb. goal is 5 weeks away. NO THANKS, homefries/donut hole/slice of cake!"
QUOTE]

NCBookworm I definitely need to change my mindset and do mini-goals....because due to sinus infections/tendon-hurting antibiotics again in 2011-2012 I regained slowly but surely nearly what I had lost in 2010. So FRUSTRATING! Now I am at the age where I feel this is a BIG last chance, and that if I can loose the weight my health will be for the best vs. making it turn for the worse! Mini-goals to be back to 137 by my next birthday (Oct) would be more do-able than looking at the whole 45 lbs in total!! It is just hard to not want it off FAST!!!! (As if the gain never happened...that I just blinked and was back where I was at goal!! ) I guess that isn't too realistic is it
Fit2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 07:31 AM   #371
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: dariasen
Stats: 241/228/150-140
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: 3/14/13
Hi all.
New to Medi and the forum. I started week 1 on Thursday and quit smoking on Friday. I was quitting smoking and I called my Dr in tears that I didn't want to gain more weight so she suggested Medi. So far so good...no carbs or cigs and I haven't killed anyone, much better then expected.
I'm not finding the plan hard to follow at all. I'm not on the AS because of my HBP but still not starving. I do admit I don't think I have ever been so excited to see a veggie in my life then I will be next week.

Looking forward to getting to know less of you all
dariasen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 09:33 AM   #372
Junior LCF Member

So I've spent all of my previous posts talking about the "good," now I have to address a little bit of the "bad" and the "ugly."

Yesterday was my first day where I actually went off plan - I cheated. Not really happy that it happened so soon in to the program (week 2,) but if you've been reading anything I've written, it's been very challenging with my son home from college and all of those darn dinners out. The ironic part is: my cheat came at home, but it was with food that we brought it. One day last week my husband brought home food for the kids, but they had decided to just do something on their own that night. I've been staring at eggplant rollatini in my refrigerator for about 5 days. It's one of my absolute favorite foods. I could eat it every day. So I did eat some of it yesterday. Three rolls. (It was to die for.) That was my lunch. I have no idea why I couldn't resist...

My original thought was to skip dinner, but of course my sister came over and took us out to dinner! I stuck with straight protein and a little bit of veggies for dinner. Last night after dinner was really hard. I so wanted ice cream that my son and the GF went out to get. Kudos to my son - he strongly discouraged me NOT to have any. He knew I would be super mad at myself if I did have it. Had he encouraged me, I'm sure I would have given in.

So, this morning, I'm totally back on program. Although I feel that I definitely did cheat yesterday, I'm not beating myself up too much. I know the eggplant was "bad," but at least I feel like it wasn't as bad as I could have been. And I definitely nipped it in the bud. I feel better getting that off of my chest. I am hoping my indiscretion doesn't really mess me up for my weigh-in on Wednesday.

SQ

Oh, and by the way, I actually do know part of the reason I lost my resolve yesterday: I am a truly 100% emotional eater. Not to get into a long involved story, but I have to say that having my son home this past week was very emotional for me in general. When I dropped him off this morning to meet his ride back to school, all I could think was that this was the last time he'd ever be going back to Ohio for college - he graduates in May. He's my baby, and he finishing college. He's now with this wonderful girl who I could actually see him staying with...like forever! I'm super happy for him and the way things are going, but I'm just feeling pretty mushy about it all too. Not trying to make excuses, just saying I think I know why I was so darn emotional yesterday.
Old 03-17-2013, 12:14 PM   #373
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Diva888
WOE: Medi/Zone
Hey everyone! I have been off and on and off and on for the last two months. I am starting week 1 over tomorrow. I would appreciate any encouraging words you have. I have lost 30 lbs and need to lose 20 more for my first goal. I guess I was just tired of not eating what I thought I was missing. I havent gained but havent lost that mush either. I'm ready to begin again!!!!!
Diva888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 05:56 PM   #374
Senior LCF Member

Diva, if you only have 20 left you need to pull through!! You can do it but need to get out of your rut and focus on yourself. Pick a timeframe as your goal...May 15th! With an end in site you have something to work towards! Good luck
Old 03-17-2013, 06:41 PM   #375
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Diva888
WOE: Medi/Zone
Thank you chrislaurie!! Don't get me wrong, I need to lose more, but 20 would get me to onederland!! Thank you. I will pick a timeframe to focus on as you suggested. Will keep you posted! Have a GREAT week!
Diva888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 08:03 PM   #376
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Laurie North
Stats: 218.5/186.5/175
WOE: MWL
Start Date: August 10, 2011 and 2-18-13
My son went back Saturday for the last half of his senior year of college too! When I got up this morning I threw out everything in the fridge and pantry left over from his visit so I wouldn't get into trouble. Don't be overly impressed though, I had not one but two vodka martins when we went out for sushi Friday night. Back on the straight and narrow though. My goal is to fit into the dress I wore for son's first Holy Communion by his college graduation which is 2 months from Tuesday. Fifteen pounds ought to get me there!

Best wishes to all for a successful week.
Laurie North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 08:07 AM   #377
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: reinvented
Stats: 234/187.6/165
WOE: Medi/Stillmans
Start Date: 4/17/2009 restart 1/22/13
Hi all happy to hear everyone's success. Here's to a great week. I went off plan Saturday kind of planned it butSunday I got right back on track and still am today. Trying to balance working out and eating enough calories. My last Medi visit nurse told me I need to eat about 800 calories. Anyone else working out daily and need to adjust their calories?
reinvented is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 07:23 PM   #378
Senior LCF Member

Reinvented, I find even though I don't do much exercise (so not proud of this) that my body needs to have about 700ish calories to loose an avg of 2lbs per week without my body shutting down! I have lost 32lbs since Jan 1st and the 2 weeks I had poor loss I was closer to 500-600 calories. I have had better weightloss when I exercise but I am having a difficult time balancing my work/family life with a horrid state mandated college course that is equivalent to 3 grad. classes at once! Therefore, unless I get up at 5:15 (I so can NOT) then I can't squeeze in my exercise time until 830-900 at night...when I am already spent and usually have college work or school work to do!! If I do exercise ...on the weekends or a snow day than I am sure to eat equivalent calories in protein. Hope this helps!!! I am hoping to get exercising soon but my life needs to lighten up a bit!
Old 03-19-2013, 09:34 AM   #379
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: CurvyGirl
Stats: 228/196/??
Ok, gang, need some advice:

Got back from Vegas and I did pretty well. I stayed OP, food-wise, but I did have my share of drinks. Also, as you recall, while I was in Turkey, I didn't worry about being too medi as it was a vacation to a place I've never been! I wanted to experience it, and I ate healthily (for the most part), but not medi.

SO, now I'm back to my normal schedule, and I'm eating everything and anything! The last two days have been horrible and SOOOO off-plan. I think it's a combination of not doing the plan for almost 3 weeks but continuing to lose weight, and not being as busy as I was when I was traveling. While I was away every minute of every day had something going on, and now that I'm back I have work, but the pace is much different.

I'm thinking of going back to Week 1 starting tomorrow, but I'm nervous about it. What do y'all think? Should I just get back on track or do you think it makes sense to get all that carb out of the system again? For those of you that have gone back to Week 1, how was it? How'd you do?

Thanks for any advice! I'm going back to read the thread now since I've been gone. I hope you all have been doing well since I left!
CurvyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 11:00 AM   #380
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: NCBookworm
Stats: 245.6/188.0/155
Start Date: 10/19/12
Curvygirl, I would do week 1 for three days and then add veggies and fruits back in. That's long enough to flush out the fluids you're probably retaining from eating/drinking carbs and long enough to get your brain back on track. Getting back on the bike after a slip-up was my #1 weightloss barrier before Medi. This is the true challenge!

What helps me often is slowing down and thinking about my craving. Have I had sugar/carbs in the past three days that could set off this cycle? If yes, then I know this is just a result of a previous slip, and I'll be out of the woods in a day or so. Remember, every time you resist, you're strengthening your resistance muscle and preparing yourself for an easier time saying no in the future.

Have you been in for a weigh-in since your return from all that travel? Sometimes a good, honest chat with a Medi counselor gets my mind back in the game. They have heard it all.

Good luck! I know you can do it. High-five to you for staying close to plan on your Vegas trip!
NCBookworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 02:36 PM   #381
Senior LCF Member

Curvygirl, I agree with Bookworm. I would surely do 3 days or until you test back into ketosis.
Old 03-19-2013, 04:41 PM   #382
Senior LCF Member

Hungry hungry lately and really working hard to not go off plan. I want chocolate and brownies, ice cream and cheesecake. However, I don't want the consequence of doing day 1-3 all over again. I have 14ish lbs left til my goal and am finding it very, very hard to resist the off plan foods. I weigh in Thursday and will discuss my struggles. I know if I have a good weigh in I will be refocused...but a few days after the weigh in I will start the off plan thoughts. Ahhh...so close but I feel so far away. Today's snow day from school has been real tough. I am physically hungry and out of calories. Water..booo. soup...booo flavored tea...booo. I am drinking flavor seller as something different but my stomach rumbles and it is too late for a stay slim.
Old 03-19-2013, 05:29 PM   #383
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrislaurie View Post
Hungry hungry lately and really working hard to not go off plan. I want chocolate and brownies, ice cream and cheesecake. However, I don't want the consequence of doing day 1-3 all over again. I have 14ish lbs left til my goal and am finding it very, very hard to resist the off plan foods. I weigh in Thursday and will discuss my struggles. I know if I have a good weigh in I will be refocused...but a few days after the weigh in I will start the off plan thoughts. Ahhh...so close but I feel so far away. Today's snow day from school has been real tough. I am physically hungry and out of calories. Water..booo. soup...booo flavored tea...booo. I am drinking flavor seller as something different but my stomach rumbles and it is too late for a stay slim.
I hate those days! What about Jello with some FF whipped cream? It's not perfect, but it's something. I try to get those medi-chocolate bars (kinda expensive) to deal with my chocolate cravings.

Go out right now so you don't get tempted. When I want everything, I try to go for a walk, go to the store, go to the movies, go to the neighbors. Anything to get out of the rut of the house.

You're doing great resisting! Keep doing it!
Old 03-19-2013, 05:31 PM   #384
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrislaurie View Post
Curvygirl, I agree with Bookworm. I would surely do 3 days or until you test back into ketosis.
Thanks Chris and Bookworm. I'll go back to the plan for a few days to see if I can knock out the cravings. I had an appt last week (pre-Vegas) and have another one scheduled for Monday of this coming week. Hopefully they have some advice too.
Old 03-19-2013, 07:22 PM   #385
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Curvy, I drank my seltzer and went upstairs and gave baths, read and did multiplication facts with my kids. The phone rang and distracted me and viola....craving and hungries passed. You are right Curvy, get the mind distracted in some way! Ahhh... to another day tomorrow!
Old 03-20-2013, 11:12 AM   #386
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: dtg1990
Stats: 64" 163/126.6/120
WOE: Was Medi Weight Loss, now exercise/good nutrition
Start Date: Feb 2013
Have any of you tried Atkins bars? Yesterday I tried one for the first time and it was supposed to be 2 grams net carbs, but I am out of ketosis now!!!!! I thought I would get them because I have a plane ride that will be nearly all day and I wanted something a bit less expensive to eat than the stuff Medi sells us.
dtg1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 12:14 PM   #387
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: lmhfashion
Stats: 166/164/130
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: April 2010 (lost 30lbs) & March 11th 2013
Week one:)

Lost 5lbs! I'm so happy.. May be more because I'm on my cycle annnd this time around I'm not using the AS. I love that even just after a week my pants are a little bit looser. Any suggestions on how many dairy servings are recommended in a day? Thanks guys!!!
-Lauren
lmhfashion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 01:04 PM   #388
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: AubieEllen
Stats: 170/155.5/145
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: 03-05-2013
NC Bookworm: Thank you for the encouraging words. The lady that started this thread (Beaching) really inspired me as well. However, her post seem to have stopped. I hate that, she really helped me.

I just started my third week of Medi. The first weight in I was down 8.6 and second weight-in down 2.6 for a loss of a bit over 11 pounds. I did gain water weight but it was my TOM???

Lastly, the nurse dropped my calories from 550 (since day one) to 500. I know we can't go under 500, which I won't do but I liked those 50 calories. However, I get 100 extra ones for working on so I plan on hitting the stair master!!!
AubieEllen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 06:39 PM   #389
Junior LCF Member

AubieEllen - sounds like we are in pretty similar places...my stats are all about 10 pounds more than yours. I've lost 8.5 pounds my first 2 weeks; not quite as much as you. I have to say that being at 500 calories sounds so low to me. From day one at my clinic they were pretty open to the idea of going a little high on the calories as long as they were protein calories. I've never had a day under 700, and usually I'm closer to 1,000. I guess it probably is slowing down my loss, but I'm not sure I could do 500 a day. I think you're doing an absolutely awesome job!
Old 03-21-2013, 06:23 AM   #390
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: lmisean
Stats: 195.4/185.2/140
Start Date: March 11, 2013
Hi All,

Well...I had my week 1 weigh-in on Monday and I lost 5.6 lbs (4lbs fat). Not as much as I wanted, but I will take it. In all honesty, I did cheat a little, so I wasn't entirely surprised. This week is going ok. It seems to be a lot easier than last week. One thing I realized last week was how much my family eats out. We ate out 3 times last week, so that was a little tough.

We are traveling for spring break in a few weeks, so I am concerned about how that will work. I am still committed. I HAVE to get this weight off, so I am keeping my eye on the prize
lmisean is offline   Reply With Quote