Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2013, 03:52 PM   #331
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: SusieQusie60
Stats: 180.5/172/150
WOE: Medi weightloss
Start Date: 3/7/13
Fit2010 - First of all, all I have to say is "WOW" to the graduate school graduation! That is just awesome.

Thanks for your encouragement. I know that as time goes by I am certainly going to need all that I can get.

I'm on page 5 of the thread. It really is great reading. You folks are encouraging AND very entertaining!!! See you later.

SQ
SusieQusie60 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-07-2013, 09:37 PM   #332
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ictdeb
Stats: 5'7" 264/229/165
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 3/1/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fit2010 View Post
Welcome SQ and ictdeb (I went for years to the same clinic as you deb....isn't Dr Cobb awesome!) SQ, I am 3 years older than you and just wanted to jump in and say you CAN do this!! In 2010, with MWL support, I reached my goal...then I had deadly sinus infections and was put on tendonitis producing antibiotics to combat the sinusitis and could barely walk due to the pain (I could walk, it just really hurt)...and was in grad school at the time; unfortunately I regained most of what I had lost. I want to CHEER you on and plug in here again cuz I'm ready to get this wt off FOR GOOD!!! (Graduated from grad school Dec 2011 and had major sinus surgery in July....so ready to get at this weight loss again!)
Thanks, Fit2010 (Deb great name!)! I haven't gotten to see Dr. Cobb yet! Or if I have, I was so overwhelmed with new people didn't know I'd seen her. The way things have been these last couple of weeks, it is completely possible that I walked right past her and never saw her. Kim has been taking great care of me though.
ictdeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 03:43 AM   #333
Junior LCF Member

I just joined Medi and this forum on Wednesday...I'm lonely.
Old 03-09-2013, 07:29 AM   #334
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: snickers..mama
Stats: 221/169/145
WOE: medi wt loss
Start Date: 12/2012
Do not despair. The forums members are always. Lurking sometimes we stalk and read. without reply. Othertimes we pipe up to share our opinions. You are never alone. I oftenc. ome here. For solace and inspiration. Remember never judge your progress. By anyone else's we each are unique and have are own path on this journey. So join me and lets rock this world!!. I try to check in daily but find that days will have flown by so its not thar we have forgotten. But are focus. Is elsewhere. We shall return!!! Hugs. The first week is tough after that I found it easy. I am half way to goal and have a cold

Last edited by snickers..mama; 03-09-2013 at 07:31 AM..
snickers..mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 08:09 AM   #335
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: chrislaurie
WOE: lo carb
Susie, I agree with Snickers! I too have been so insanely busy but occasionally will check in but don't have time to post!

I was very happy to make the 30lb club along with Snickers. We both started the same time with similar weights and appear to be losing at a similar pace! Yay for us! My target goal for now is 170 and I only have about 16 pounds left. I will then take a break, practice maintenance and then return again next January. I really like the winter to lose weight because I feel it is a less social time of the year, less parties and social events so less explaining or covering up to do! This past week I have gotten a lot of attention at work and I know it is because I am wearing clothes that fit and are not to frumpy! I like the acknowledgement and feel it is motivating me! The hardest part is over and I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Funny, never thought I would be so excited to have grains again but I am really looking forward to flaxseed in my yogurt again and brown rice.

So, enough about me, good luck to you all for the week ahead. Remember that we all need to keep posting to motivate others. I like reading of all your progress but don't always have time to reply.

ANy of you teachers who have to take the RETELL course for English Language Learners? This is a beast of a course that is mandatory for Massachusetts teachers. It has consumed my life beyond what any course has ever done before...such ridiculousness!
chrislaurie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 02:48 PM   #336
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: CurvyGirl
Stats: 228/196/??
Hi everyone!

Back from Istanbul and the trip was AMAZING! What a fantastic city. So much rich history and beautiful buildings. The mosques were gorgeous. The people were so kind. I would go back again and again.

I didn't stay medi during the trip. My counselor said to try to eat healthy and enjoy myself. I thought that was smart advice, and I took advantage of the new culinary experiences. Sometimes it was worth it; other times, I could have skipped the dessert.

We walked constantly--somewhere between 3-6 miles each day, sometimes up to 10 miles. So I didn't stress out about my eating. My home scale says I stayed about the same, so we'll see what my Monday weigh-in brings.

I haven't had a chance to go back and read through the posts over the week, so I hope everyone had a good week.
CurvyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 09:49 AM   #337
Junior LCF Member

Well, today is day 4 for me. I feel like typing a little here, so I'm gonna just forge ahead:

No ketosis this morning - although I have to say I find the colors on the "negative" and I guess what is the "trace" are so darn close I could barely tell the difference. But I've exercised 2 of my 3 days so I'm guessing that might have something to do with it. I am really truly following to a "T". So far today, I'm definitely not feeling very hungry, so I'm thinking I'm OK.

I did decide to check with my clinic about the Miracle Noodles. They are "free" - I can have them week 1. That's a big "yay" for me because I actually do like them and they really help me alot.

I've been taking the AS twice a day (they told me 3X, but I didn't want to take one too late in the day, and I didn't want to take them too close together, so I decided 2X was better for me.) Honestly, I don't seem to feel any bad side effects - jitteriness or other things that a friend told me she had experienced on them in the past. I do have to say though, I do feel a little bit like the energizer bunny - but not in a bad way! I like being sort of "up."

I said earlier I am following the program to a "T" but I did have one slight deviation - but my counselor told me this was the way to go if I had to cheat.

Since last night was Saturday, I was feeling a little bummed that hubby and I couldn't go out to dinner. I really like to go out one night on the weekend. I cooked a yummy pork tenderloin for dinner, and because I was feeling pretty hungry and a little crabby about eating at home, I didn't actually weigh out my portion. I'm pretty sure that I went over my protein calories yesterday, but not horribly. I'm in the 500-800 calorie range, but they were very specific that if I was going to do anything off program, the best thing to do was just up my protein calories. In other words, that's much better than having some carbs, or extra fat, or anything else. I think it helped me psychologically because I didn't feel the need to eat anything after dinner at all.

I know there are the split camps about daily weighing versus weekly weighing. I have to admit - I'm a daily weigher. Honestly, that's how I've gotten in trouble every time I've put on weight (did I mention I'm also a yo-yo dieter?) If I don't weigh myself every day it's just too easy for me to pretend that things are better than they are. And then after a few days, I get scared to weigh myself and all bets are off. I find that a daily weigh-in keeps me honest and committed. That being said, I'm down 4 pounds from my initial clinic weigh-in. For me, knowing that has now made me feel even more motivated to stay on program. I'm trying not to get myself too excited for a big weight loss on Wednesday (over 50 here AND a yo-yo dieter...just can't lose it like I used to) so 4 or 5 pounds would make me ecstatic.

Well that's my current story. I'm really looking forward to getting to know you guys better. Some of you are so darn inspiring!! And all of you are helpful. Hope everyone has a nice Sunday.

SQ
Old 03-11-2013, 06:50 AM   #338
Junior LCF Member

Keep up the good work, Susie! It can be frustrating to not see the ketosis strip move, but that doesn't mean you're not burning fat. I think there's another thread on ketosis somewhere on the board that you might want to check out.

Just got back from weigh-in and I lost almost 4lbs despite the foreign travel and indulgences! I'm firmly in Onederland now, and it makes me happy. I'm leaving for Las Vegas tomorrow, so I'm sure I'll have to work hard to maintain medi, but the good loss does help motivate me.

Have a good day, y'all!
Old 03-11-2013, 10:44 AM   #339
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Fit2010
Stats: Ht 5'3" Wt 12/09=190;9/10=137;2/14=196.5
WOE: MediWeightLoss-like/Atkins-like
Start Date: 12-28-09; restart 02-07-14
Congratulations on doing so well and staying motivated your first week SusieQusie!! I know that I personally need to read everyone's progress too in order to stay motivated (AGAIN!)

Chrislaurie and Snickers..mama you are both doing SO well!!! Thirty pounds in less than four months...wonderful!! Keep posting as often as you can! Do you both each exercise too, or mainly just follow the MWL eating program?

CurvyGirl
You are a busy traveler! I would think it would be difficult to lose while traveling. Is this traveling mostly for pleasure, or some of it for work too? It is nice to be able to go to places where you can walk outdoors and not FREEZE! It is 29 degrees here today. I did 2 miles on the recumbant bike yesterday. May do something today on my day off work. I know that Spring weather helps me with outdoor bicycling and Couch to 5K (google c25k for info). My right knee has been bugging me for a few months and I don't like that. Why do we have to age?!!!

ictdeb Stick with it!! There definitely IS a lot of info thrown at you those first visits. But that clinic and those personal successes are inspirational. Plus we have the national spokesperson from MWL from there....he and his wife lost LOTS and stay with it!

SusieQusie and CurvyGirl, you may want to click on your name to go to your "page" where you can write in your before/during/goal weights. Just a thought!

If you go to my name, click on it and then click on public profile and look at my "album" you can see where I was as I recorded my journey in some photos last time. It took a little while as I lost to see myself as smaller, but then I totally loved it and got used to it. Now I really don't see myself as larger unless I look in the mirror or grab the clothes that fit....not to mention that is probably why my knee is hurting more too, carrying around this extra weight! UGH. Reality stinks!! Such a wake up call!

Carolina1995, NCBookworm, and Jessica1129 Great losses so far!! I hope you check in and encourage us all often!!

reinvented Hope you are sticking with it too!!

Last edited by Fit2010; 03-11-2013 at 11:01 AM..
Fit2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 05:53 PM   #340
Junior LCF Member

I had been excercizing. We are in the midst of moving. So that is more then enough excercizing. The diet has taken care of my anemia which means no more iron!!my knee is much better. I have agowl to get cleared by the cardiologist and if so train for a marathon! . But first I hereto find a new house. We move. Out may 3.
Old 03-11-2013, 08:18 PM   #341
Senior LCF Member

ThanksFit2010, I wish I exercised because maybe I would be making faster progress...but I keep having problems with the ball of my foot which keeps me wearing Danske clogs...not exercise friendly shoes!

I too like to read everyones post but realize I too should keep posting because others want to read, but I feel a little self-centered by writing about myself! I guess I need to remember that helps to motivate others so I will try to do more!

Curvygirl, kudos to you because you are navigating life amazingly. If you can do well traveling than we at home can do it too!

Susie, I too had been bumped about not eating out but you can! Maybe focus on fish or poultry and ask for extra veg instead of the starch. Order a salad with protein and hold the dressing! I rarely use dressing and have come to prefer my salads without dressing. You can always use balsamic or Olive oil and most restaurants can accommodate that.

I went out for sushi with the family the other night and although I did eat some maki rolls that had rice, I avoided veg/fruit earlier in the day to accommodate for the carbs. I also ate veggies and sashimi. I love sushi though!

Hope some of my eating out ideas help. I really want some wine but am holding to plan..the last 16lbs are doable and close!
Old 03-11-2013, 09:36 PM   #342
Junior LCF Member

Welcome back, CurvyGirl! Sounds like you had a good trip and at least a little bit of fun. Congrats on the great loss, too! WOW!!

SQ stick with it! I don't think anyone will tell you this is preschool easy, but if it wasn't worth it, we probably wouldn't be here either.

Fit2010 I'm planning to be around for the long haul. Thanks for the encouragement, especially about the local center!

snickers...mama you're doing great! Good luck finding a new house. Moving is not one my favorite things to do.

I know there's more, but it's the end of a long day and I'm tired and blurry. Had to take my 7yo DD to the ENT this afternoon, and since that didn't take as long as I'd planned, I went to get a mid-week booster injection. I didn't get the booster last week, so I'm hoping they'll do me good!
Old 03-12-2013, 05:10 AM   #343
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: reinvented
Stats: 234/187.6/165
WOE: Medi/Stillmans
Start Date: 4/17/2009 restart 1/22/13
Hi all I know its been awhile I am still trucking along. I am down 29.8 pounds total darn that .2 ounces I am happy with my progress but I am dying to get into onderland. If someone would've told me 7 weeks ago that I would've been consistent on this journey with absolutely no cheating I wouldn't believe it but I am and I know you all can do it too. Summer is almost here and we'll be glad we stuck to it when short sleeve season comes around for those of us who live up north.
week 3 = 3.6 216.6
week 4 = 3.2 213.4
week 5= 4.2 209.2
Week 6=1.8 207.4
Week 7= 3.2 204.2
week 8= no loss went off plan a day
week 9= 6.2 198
reinvented is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 06:35 AM   #344
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by snickers..mama View Post
I had been excercizing. We are in the midst of moving. So that is more then enough excercizing. The diet has taken care of my anemia which means no more iron!!my knee is much better. I have agowl to get cleared by the cardiologist and if so train for a marathon! . But first I hereto find a new house. We move. Out may 3.
Holy AWESOME: a marathon!! Go you!!! That's so impressive!
Old 03-12-2013, 06:39 AM   #345
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrislaurie View Post

Curvygirl, kudos to you because you are navigating life amazingly. If you can do well traveling than we at home can do it too!

Susie, I too had been bumped about not eating out but you can! Maybe focus on fish or poultry and ask for extra veg instead of the starch. Order a salad with protein and hold the dressing! I rarely use dressing and have come to prefer my salads without dressing. You can always use balsamic or Olive oil and most restaurants can accommodate that.

I went out for sushi with the family the other night and although I did eat some maki rolls that had rice, I avoided veg/fruit earlier in the day to accommodate for the carbs. I also ate veggies and sashimi. I love sushi though!

Hope some of my eating out ideas help. I really want some wine but am holding to plan..the last 16lbs are doable and close!
Thanks for the sweet words. And I'm really impressed you could do an Asian restaurant. I have the hardest time there. As a vegetarian, all I want are noodles, rice, and tempura vegetables! So the fact that you were totally controlled is awesome.

I haven't been tempted by wine yet, but I could go for a nice cold beer. Vodka and diet cranberry has been my go-to for a drink. Hoping Vegas has diet juice
Old 03-12-2013, 06:44 AM   #346
Junior LCF Member

Hey y'all,

Well I'm off to Vegas, and I gotta say, I'm much more nervous about staying OP for this trip than I was for Istanbul. I'm going for work (conference), but unlike the Istanbul trip (which was also for work), I have many old graduate school friends who will be there. That means lots of drinks, buffets, and general naughtiness--at least by medi standards.

There's a fridge in my room, so I've packed protein shakes, cheese, soy jerky, nuts, and greek yogurt. I'm hoping if I can do well for lunch and breakfast, then my evening adventures will impact me less. Cross your fingers for me. I have plans to be out of the 190s by the end of the month, so I'm going to try hard. Friends can be such bad influences though!

Have a great week everyone. I'll be back next week to see how it's been going.

PS: You all have been so amazing. I'm so impressed with your losses. You're going to motivate me while I'm gone!
Old 03-12-2013, 02:49 PM   #347
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: AubieEllen
Stats: 170/155.5/145
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: 03-05-2013
Hi everyone,

This is my first post. I am on day 7 of Medi and I wanted to thank you all. Although I have not posted, I have been stalking!! You see - day 1 was great (I think because I was so excited) however, day 2 stunk! Although I stayed in my calorie count, I was not happy about it and just plain tired. I found these message boards and they helped me tremendously. Thank you for keeping up my morale! Anyway...day 7 is about to be in the books (it has become increasingly easier) and just looking forward to this journey.
AubieEllen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 02:54 PM   #348
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: NCBookworm
Stats: 245.6/188.0/155
Start Date: 10/19/12
Welcome, dtg1990 and SusieQusie60! So glad to have you here.

dtg1990, Jessica gave you the answers I would have given. She is a Medi expert. The weight drops fast on Medi, and lab work is every 30 lbs.

SusieQusie60, that 30 lbs. will be gone before you know it! Take that ketosis strip with a grain of salt. I used it about four times when I first started, and it always said I was in mild ketosis. I was losing fat and retaining muscle, so that told my Medi counselor all we needed to know--I was in ketosis. Now those strips just sit on a shelf.

Carolina1995, you rock! You will be at that goal so soon! I am an every-day weigher (unless my hotel doesn't have a scale). Nowadays, I'm able to use it as scientific information ONLY instead of attaching emotion to it. No matter what I weigh now, it's still a lot less than it used to be!

LaurieNorth, are you making sure to fuel your exercise beforehand? It's strange that MORE calories lead to MORE weight loss, but it works! You're moving right along and doing great.

Fit2010, we are so lucky to have you here to show us how it's done! Congrats on graduating from grad school!

Chrislaurie and Snickers, y'all are plugging right along! I love reading about your successes. Pretty cool that you started at the same time with similar stats. Chrislaurie, good luck with your busy work schedule. This too shall pass!

Curvygirl, Istanbul sounds amazing! I am SO proud of you for losing 4 lbs. on your trip! Can't wait to hear about Vegas. I do the same thing on work trips: Pack up the mini-fridge with Medi-friendly foods.

Reinvented, you are doing so, so well! You'll be at the 30-lb. mark here soon. You know how everyone says they want to lose 30 before 30? You actually DID it! Your 30th birthday celebration pics will be all the sweeter.

Is that it? Did I get all my pals? Hi, Kate and Jessica! Hope you had good weeks.
NCBookworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 03:14 PM   #349
Junior LCF Member

I got pulled on a last-minute work trip yesterday, so I didn't get to weigh in this morning! I'll have to go in on Friday morning this week. That'll be a 13-day stretch between weigh-ins! My clothes feel loose, and my home scale indicated a small loss.... Crossing my fingers for onederland. I'll keep y'all updated.

I didn't have ONE SINGLE DESSERT at my conference last week. There were desserts and sweets everywhere we turned at all hours of the day! My resistance muscle was rock solid. I said no to pasta, bread, rice, tortillas.... I DID have one glass of wine each day, though. This was self-preservation: I couldn't have everyone whispering that I must be pregnant. HA. I know it probably kept me out of ketosis last week, but I'm happy to have that knowledge now and be able to make a conscious choice to leave plan in that small way while on a special trip. It was good, I've gotta admit, to hear over and over how great I look. I did the whole "Thanks, but I'm only half-way there!" Great motivation to keep going.

My husband and I went to a super-fancy place for his birthday over the weekend, so I did have a little bread with my foie gras, plenty of wine, and creme brulee for dessert. I planned this cheat with my Medi counselor. Part of my problem before was not being able to get back on track after a slip-up. I'm a different Bookworm now. So grateful to Medi for helping me with the mental side of my weight issues. It really is the one that works.

I'm extra-on-track this week. The mini-fridge is full of string cheese and yogurt. I'll check in on Friday! I LOVED having so much to catch up on when I logged in today!
Old 03-13-2013, 04:44 AM   #350
Junior LCF Member

K. E. T. O. S. I. S. This morning. Yay.

And my first week weigh-in is this afternoon. I'm feeling confident.

That's all I have time for now. Have a wonderful day everyone!!

SQ
Old 03-13-2013, 03:17 PM   #351
Junior LCF Member

VERY quick update before I meet my friend at the gym:

My weight loss for week 1 was 6.5 pounds!! And 4 of it was fat!! Yay. I had convinced myself that I would be happy with 4 pound total loss; ecstatic with 5 pounds; and I never thought I would lose 6.5 pounds. (The fact that I'm over 50 and have only - I use that word cautiously - 30 pounds to lose...)

To anyone possibly struggling in week 1 - especially days 2, 3 and 4, which I found the hardest...it is sooooooooo worth it. Really. This is such a great feeling. And it's exactly what I needed to get me going. I've never taken off this much weight the first week of a diet, even when I was younger and it was easier.

Back to read what's going on here later.

SQ
Old 03-13-2013, 07:35 PM   #352
Junior LCF Member

reinvented Welcome back! Those pesky .2 pounds will go away soon enough.

CurvyGirl Have a good trip to Vegas, even if it is for work. Sounds like you're a pro at traveling. Not so sure I could make it!

AubieEllen I stalked the board for about a week before I could get to the clinic, so join the club!!

NCBookworm Hi...bye. See you when you get back from your trip!!

SQ YAY for getting into ketosis! And again for an awesome 1st week loss. Congratulations.

I have my 2nd WI tomorrow morning. Also hoping they can finally find a vein to get some blood out! I drink 5-6 quarts of water every day. There is no way I can still be dehydrated after 2 weeks following the program to the letter. I've been procrastinating all week about reading for my management & marketing class. So between now and 7:00 tomorrow evening, I have about 100 pages of material to cover.
Old 03-13-2013, 08:48 PM   #353
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: lmisean
Stats: 195.4/185.2/140
Start Date: March 11, 2013
First Week

Hi All,

I just started Medi on Monday and really appreciate all your posts. They really help me navigate the diet. Today was day 3 and boy is this first week rough. I just realized I made one error and had a couple of pork rinds. Hopefully that won't mess me up too bad. I get my injections tomorrow, so I hope that will help me progress. I weigh in on Mondays. Started off at 195.4 and my goal is 140.

Good luck to everyone!
lmisean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 05:33 AM   #354
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Dinp120
Stats: 5'10" 199/157/140
Start Date: 5/18/2012
Welcome lmisean! A few pork rinds, while not really allowed during week 1, shouldn't have an impact on your progress this week. Week 1 is tough but you can get through it! Days 3-5, if I remember correctly, were the hardest for me and I felt very weak and lethargic. Just make sure you are drinking all of your water and getting your electrolytes in.
Dinp120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 06:06 AM   #355
Junior LCF Member

Chicken broth saved me week one. I think it kept me from getting the low carb flu. I sou drink some around 10. 2 and 4. It seemed. To work for lethargy
Old 03-14-2013, 08:54 AM   #356
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: AubieEllen
Stats: 170/155.5/145
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: 03-05-2013
I am on Week 2 and so far this week AT WORK I have dodged: bagels, homemade chocolate pie, cupcakes and homemade cookies and it is only Thursday morning!!! Yikes! I.WILL.STAY.STRONG!!!
AubieEllen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 06:25 PM   #357
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: lmisean
Stats: 195.4/185.2/140
Start Date: March 11, 2013
Thanks for the encouraging words. I am drinking chicken broth tonight. I am pretty lethargic too, but I will push through. It doesn't help that I work full time, have a husband and 2 kids one of which is 3. Keeping my eye on the prize.

On another note, I am in Charlotte and my center doesn't use the strips. Is that normal? I hear everyone talk about them and remember them from some years back.
lmisean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 07:12 PM   #358
Senior LCF Member

Bookworm, way to stay strong and keep on plan. This is harder some days than others and the fact that you handled yourself so well means you have the willpower to succeed!!

To all the newbies, welcome and stay strong! When confronted with a temptation you need to think...is it worth it to fall out of ketosis or pay the $ for a wasted week? Every bite that is not on plan is more fat that stays on your body that weeK!!!

I am thrilled to be down another 2.2lbs this week for a total of 32.4lbs since Jan. 1st. 15 more pounds til my goal of 170. The light at the end of the tunnel is so close now. I am taken back by how much interest my coworkers have given me. Someone pulled me aside today to tell me how wonderful I look and said how others are talking about me wondering how I am doing it! I haven't come clean yet because I don't want their reactions when I tell them what the plan entails. SOOOO, I just say that I am doing very low carbs...and that is the truth so I don't feel bad! It is thrilling to wear clothes that were way to tight to entertain wearing this past fall and holiday season. Now, I am excited about spring because I get to shed the layers that I previously embraced because they covered me up! So, good luck to you all the rest of the week. I will do my best to post for you stalkers!!!
Old 03-14-2013, 10:11 PM   #359
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Fit2010
Stats: Ht 5'3" Wt 12/09=190;9/10=137;2/14=196.5
WOE: MediWeightLoss-like/Atkins-like
Start Date: 12-28-09; restart 02-07-14
Sorry I've been MIA for so long.... working a bunch this week!! Tested my nursing students today and have been getting ready for spring break and a new group of nursing students the following week.

I'll have to check in this weekend to catch up!!
Fit2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 02:07 PM   #360
Junior LCF Member

Hi, y'all!

I'm happy to report I'm down another 4 lbs. (13 days between weigh-ins this time), which brings me into ONEDERLAND! 48.6 lbs. total so far, and I'm over the half-way mark. Super-pumped about this. I just tried on the next-size-down goal jeans I bought a few weeks ago, and I could get the zipper up for the first time. They look great on my tush, but I believe wearing them for longer than a few minutes right now would compress my internal organs into an unnatural shape, so I'll give 'em a couple more weeks. I am making it my goal to look and feel good in them by March 29. It's on the calendar in ink!

I'm meeting up with some college buddies at the beach in mid-April, so that's my next 10-lb. goal. Setting mini-goals has been working well for me. That way I don't have to dwell on all 90 lbs. at once. It also helps to curb temptation: the old me would sabotage a weightloss effort by reasoning, "I have so far to go; I'll never survive without a little treat here and there!" Now I say, "That 10-lb. goal is 5 weeks away. NO THANKS, homefries/donut hole/slice of cake!" And then I may fantasize about that slice of cake for 10ish minutes until my husband waves his hand in front of my face. I could not do this without that guy!

So grateful for Medi and for all of you, too!