Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2013, 11:25 AM   #301
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jessica1129
Stats: 5'9 293/221.8/170
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: February 1, 2012 - June 9, 2012; restart Jan 2013
Chrislaurie, gaining muscle & losing fat is good! Next week you'll probably have a great number once you lose the water too. The scale breakdowns were always pretty consistent for me, so I trusted the numbers.
Jessica1129 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-21-2013, 05:18 PM   #302
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: chrislaurie
WOE: lo carb
Down 3lbs this week for a total of 25!! I had a very hard & challenging weekend full of good food choices though. I ate at the Cheesecake factory and 99 with a group of parents attending the same swim meet as my kids. I didn't want to make my diet common knowledge and was able to eat and avoid temptation without much attention!! It was hard both physically and mentally, but I am so proud that I did it! I had pretty much plateaued the 2 weeks before and jolted my body by eating some chocolates and the next 2 days doing protein only. I think I tricked my body because this was the first time I truly went off plan...I feel I outsmarted my own body!! But, I did it to confuse my body and I was moderate with how I did it, I am so happy!!! I keep thinking how much $ I am spending on this journey and am looking for the fastest route!!! Hope others had a week of good choices too!
chrislaurie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 05:56 PM   #303
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Carolina1995
chrislaurie: Great news. I will have to remember that trick if I run into platau. Very impressive that you didn't go overboard and got right on it. Congrats!

I will be finishing my second week Sunday. Still pretty tired, but keeping on track.
Carolina1995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 06:25 PM   #304
Senior LCF Member

THANKS Carolina! Once you add in dairy with fruit/veg things become more normal. I just make sure I have all my foods in hand and plan ahead as best as I can. Go easy with the exercise too!
Old 02-22-2013, 06:39 AM   #305
Junior LCF Member

Chrislaurie. How'd you know I was exercising probably too much!!! I go to a trainer three days a week and have been trying to tone it down, but it's hard.....
Old 02-22-2013, 06:49 AM   #306
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: NCBookworm
Stats: 245.6/188.0/155
Start Date: 10/19/12
Congrats, Chrislaurie! That's awesome! I'll have to keep the "jolting" theory in mind on those rare occasions I have a glass of wine. I'm just tricking my body! So good to hear about your victory over the mental/physical challenge of staying on plan while eating out. You're strengthening your resistance muscle each time you do it, making it easier to do it next time. 25 lbs. is a lot! You must be looking and feeling great.

I weighed in this AM and was down 2.5 for a total of 42.1. Almost half-way there, and almost in onederland! This time, that silly scale said I only lost fat, which is a win for me. My biggest difference this week was adding in more exercise. I'm recovering from a foot injury and was cleared for exercise last month, but I've been pretty wimpy about getting back into it. I'm finally back at spin class and started lifting weights and walking with a neighbor again, so that seems to be doing the trick of keeping the muscle and burning the fat.

Keep the updates coming! Y'all are the best motivators.
NCBookworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 06:51 AM   #307
Junior LCF Member

Great job staying on track, Carolina! Keep it up! Can't wait to hear about your progress.
Old 02-22-2013, 11:01 AM   #308
Senior LCF Member

My last post shows up on my phone but not my computer. so I'm not sure if you guys can see it either! Lol so I'm gonna repost it. Don't want you guys to think I ignored you asking about my restart!

Carolina & NCBookworm, thanks. I used to come to this board when I first started, and it was extremely helpful and motivating. So I just try to do my part now! My restart has been going great (I think) I'm trying not to weigh so much, since I don't have the tanita scale to break the number down for me. When I was going to the clinic the numbers were never really off for me so I paid a lot of attention to the breakdowns. I'm doing some strength training now & I know I'll either hold on to water or gain some muscle and I really don't want to let the number discourage me. But! When I restarted my jeans were really snug and my wedding ring fit just right (not my actual wedding ring. That got too big a while ago and I'm waiting until I hit goal to have it resized) Anyway, my jeans are too big now and I can't keep this ring on my finger either! So I know I'm making progress.

Hopefully it shows this time!

Congrats chrislaurie and NCBookworm on your losses! I agree that tricking the body can be an advantage as long as you get right back on plan!

I called Medi to ask if I can buy any of their supplements without being a current patient. They said most of them I can, but not the medi melts which is what I was interested in. I still have some of all of my medi supplements left, but I'm just about out of the melts. But oh well I'll just get some regular b6 & b12. Keep up the good work everyone!

Start date Feb 1 2012 - June 9 2012. Total loss 54lbs
Old 02-22-2013, 03:28 PM   #309
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: reinvented
Stats: 234/187.6/165
WOE: Medi/Stillmans
Start Date: 4/17/2009 restart 1/22/13
Way to go chrislaurie and NCBookworm

Yesterday was one of those I don't know if I could do this anymore days you would think after 29 days I'd get over it. Today Day 30 was much better its like I got an extra burst of motivation out of nowhere. I drank a ton of water and I think that's why the last 2 days hunger started creeping in along with sabotaging thoughts. So for those going through the same thing I suggest chugging down more water. It will help.
reinvented is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 06:02 PM   #310
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Bookworm, 42lbs...amazing! How do you stay motivated for so long? I do miss my wine but am so wanting to finish this journey asap.

Carolina, you made it through the hardest two weeks. Check out the recipes on the medi website for some good ideas.

Jessica, I agree with getting back on track after 'tricking" your body when you hit a plateau. The longer or more frequently you deviate the longer it takes for your body to reset.

Reinvented...you are worth it to stick with the plan. You will be disappointed with yourself if you give into the slump. This slump will pass...keep it going, you have lost 20lbs already, right? Do you take any AS or stayslim because they help tremendously with hunger and thoughts!! You can do it, we want to see more of you!!
Old 02-25-2013, 07:31 AM   #311
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrislaurie View Post

Reinvented...you are worth it to stick with the plan. You will be disappointed with yourself if you give into the slump. This slump will pass...keep it going, you have lost 20lbs already, right? Do you take any AS or stayslim because they help tremendously with hunger and thoughts!! You can do it, we want to see more of you!!
Thanks chrislaurie for the pep talk. This board is really a great support system. I'm still going and lost 4.2 pounds this week. Amazing talk about a huge motivation. I am down a total of 24.4 freakin amazing. I do take the AS no way I could do it without it. It was late one day and I didnt take it and I noticed such a huge difference in hunger and attitude. Eventually of course I want to wean off of it but as of right now they are my best friend. Here's to a great week everyone. WE can do it!!!
week 3 = 3.6 216.6
week 4 = 3.2 213.4
week 5= 4.2 209.2
Week 6=1.8 207.4
Week 7= 3.2 204.2
week 8= no loss went off plan a day
week 9= 6.2 198
Old 02-26-2013, 10:31 AM   #312
Junior LCF Member

Thanks for the congrats, pals!

Jessica, it won't be long till that wedding ring slides right on. Your real one! Bummer about the medi-melts. I've seen a few variations online, but none with the exact same ingredients. Let us know if you find a good replacement.

Reinvented, I'm happy to read about your burst of motivation and your progress. Water really is a huge factor in keeping everything moving right along. Hunger really is hard to beat, both mentally and physically. No amount of reason can conquer the uncomfortably hungry stomach/mind! Just keep it up. The more weight you lose, the more motivation you'll get. Have you gotten to the point yet where you catch a glimpse of yourself in a storefront window and are like, "who is that skinny babe?" If not, you will! One good hot-babe-in-the-window sighting stokes the motivation fire for at least 15 days afterwards (in my experience). Then you'll drag your family to another shopping center to repeat the process.
Old 02-26-2013, 10:52 AM   #313
Senior LCF Member

NCBookworm, I've been looking but haven't found anything yet with the same ingredients either. I'll probably just end up getting a b complex to take for now. I actually had to take my real wedding ring off in maybe June because it got too big! I've gone from a 10 ring size to a 7! I don't want to have it resized though until I'm at goal.
Old 02-26-2013, 11:25 AM   #314
Junior LCF Member

Chrislaurie, you are doing sooooo great, as I've said before! I stay motivated a few ways:

1. Picking out goal clothes in my closet or buying a pair of pants one size down and setting a date for when I will fit into them--when I am tempted by a piece of cake or the thought of a glass of wine, I think, "I only have 11 more days to fit into those pants, so no thanks, cake/wine." The victory of hitting that goal is SO SWEET.

2. Packing up the big clothes and occasionally taking them out, putting them on, and walking out in the living room with nothing but giant pants on so I can hear my husband go WOW, OH MY GOSH, I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU USED TO FIT IN THOSE BECAUSE YOUR TUSH IS SO SMALL NOW, etc. (soak up the praise, sister)

3. Encouragement from others--I'm tallish with broad shoulders and wide hips, so it wasn't until around the 30 lbs. mark that people started noticing. Pretty soon, your coworkers/friends/neighbors will be like, "Girl, you are looking good! What are you doing?" I know we're all pictures of healthy self esteem, so we don't have to rely on outside sources to know we're lovely people, but it doesn't hurt. It lets us know we're on the right track. My next-door neighbor told me yesterday that I shouldn't lose too much more weight because I'll be too skinny! I wanted to kiss her. But seriously, I am still 203 lbs and a size 16! My BMI level is still obese! I have to keep going.
Old 02-26-2013, 01:57 PM   #315
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: CurvyGirl
Stats: 228/196/??
I love these ideas for motivation, especially trying on old clothes. I wear the same thing to weigh in each week, and I love that that dress is getting too big. I may have to try it with a few other things as well.

I'm headed to Istanbul, Turkey in two days, and I'll be gone for 9 days! I have no idea what eating will be like there, but I'm not totally worried because I'm treating this like a once in a lifetime thing. We'll be walking a TON, so I'm hoping that will counteract most anything I eat. Fingers crossed anyway!

@ncbookworm: LOVE that your neighbor told you you'd be too skinny. I love those people.
CurvyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 01:04 PM   #316
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: katew1129
Stats: 232/212/130
WOE: Medi-weight loss
Start Date: January 2013
Congrats on all the successes! I have been travelling for work with a group of people so eating out a TON! it has been rough!

NC Bookworm, I go to the clinic on Friday mornings at 9. Hope to see you there one day!
katew1129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 06:04 AM   #317
Junior LCF Member

Good Morning fellow Medi-Weighters!

I have been so busy lately and haven't posted but have been keeping up on everyone's journey.

Today is three weeks on medi and two additional weeks prior on a low cal cleaning out diet. I weight in on Monday's so we'll see, but at week four I had lost 15.4 pounds.

168/152.6/120 or 130

I am going on a cruise in 5 weeks and starting to use the clothes motivation NCBookworm talked about. Trying on outfits that now look good!!!!!

Some days are still really hard. I am so used to just throwing the towel in when I get too tired. Yesterday was a long exhausting day, but, I made it and guess what!!! I woke up and am so proud of myself.

I'll let you all know how Monday weigh in goes!

Have a great weekend.
Old 03-03-2013, 07:00 PM   #318
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Fit2010
Stats: Ht 5'3" Wt 12/09=190;9/10=137;2/14=196.5
WOE: MediWeightLoss-like/Atkins-like
Start Date: 12-28-09; restart 02-07-14
Wow...Congratulations Carolina 1995!
Fit2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 06:43 AM   #319
Junior LCF Member

CurvyGirl, I can't wait to hear about your trip! Istanbul is the place for food tourism these days (thanks, CBS Sunday Morning!). Surely all your walking will counter all the delicious cuisine. What a cool vacation.

Kate, if I go in on a Friday, it's usually around 8:00. We miss each other by minutes! I'll try to catch you sometime. I'm on a Tuesday kick these days b/c it keeps me honest over the weekends.

Carolina, your cruise sounds like the perfect motivation. I love hearing that you conquered the challenge of a rough day and woke up the next day feeling proud of yourself. Your motivation will keep rolling into a bigger and bigger ball with each day like that, each new outfit you fit in, each weigh-in, etc. (That's been my experience so far.) Soon it will be a giant boulder of motivation that no one can stop! Instead of looking like a boulder, though, it will look like a suntanned, lean lady on a lounge chair on a cruise ship. Keep it up!

I weighed in on Saturday and was down 2.5. I'm at 201--almost in onederland! I'm at a conference this entire week and won't weigh in again until next Tuesday. This is the definition of a personal challenge for me! There will be cheesecake and pasta and wine at every turn this week. I've already packed my mini-fridge with string cheese and yogurt. I have to commit to watching my choices in the buffet lines! If I stick to plan this week and indeed make it to 199.9 at my next weigh-in, I'll know I've officially made a big mental change. That was my big hurdle when I joined Medi.

Have a great week, y'all! I'll try to log in later this week to check in. Your progress really motivates me to stick with it!
Old 03-05-2013, 09:23 AM   #320
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: dtg1990
Stats: 64" 163/126.6/120
WOE: Was Medi Weight Loss, now exercise/good nutrition
Start Date: Feb 2013
New to Medi Weightloss

I just weighed in after week 2 and lost a total of 8 lbs (only 2.5 this week). From other's experience how fast does the weight drop? It took me 3.5 years to lose 35 lbs on Jenny Craig, wavering between a 1200 kcal to 1500 kcal per day diet. This time, the doc put me on 700-900, but I think that means protein, correct? Now that I am on this third week, how many calories should I be eating of fat and vegetable?
dtg1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 09:29 AM   #321
Junior LCF Member

NCBookworm: Good job!! We are going down! Thanks for the visual, I will keep that in my head on the tough days.

Weighed in Monday. Down 1.8 pounds! So close to 140's.... I really wanted to see the 140's. I have to be careful and not get discouraged. I set myself up for disappointment when I try to predict that darn scale! I have a number in my head that I want to get to for the cruise. I really shouldn't play that game, it always gets my focus on the wrong things. I am NOT doing this for the cruise, I am doing this for LIFE!!!!

So don't laugh, but I am so worried about gaining weight on the cruise, I ordered a portable weight scale to bring with me... The old me would starve before an event like the cruise then go berserk during the event and never get back.

168/150.8/120 or 130

Do any of you weigh yourself everyday?
Old 03-05-2013, 11:22 AM   #322
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtg1990 View Post
I just weighed in after week 2 and lost a total of 8 lbs (only 2.5 this week). From other's experience how fast does the weight drop? It took me 3.5 years to lose 35 lbs on Jenny Craig, wavering between a 1200 kcal to 1500 kcal per day diet. This time, the doc put me on 700-900, but I think that means protein, correct? Now that I am on this third week, how many calories should I be eating of fat and vegetable?

In my first 4 months I lost just over 50 lbs, but I had quite a bit to lose. It does go fairly quickly on this plan though. Your 700-900 calories are just protein. You don't have to count the calories from your veggies, just have 2 servings of any of the allowed veggies. For the healthy fat, you should have 100 calories a day from a healthy fat, and that is in addition to your 700-900 protein calories. Keep up the good work!!
Old 03-05-2013, 02:53 PM   #323
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: dtg1990
Stats: 64" 163/126.6/120
WOE: Was Medi Weight Loss, now exercise/good nutrition
Start Date: Feb 2013
What occurs in future visits?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCBookworm View Post
Curvygirl, that is a bummer! If she indeed had bad intentions when she made that comment, then that's about her, and you don't have to take that on. If you get rubbed the wrong way again, it's worth talking directly to that person to check in and see what the problem is. Sometimes gruff people don't even know how they come across. I have a few family members like that! I'm not paying them, though, so if this turns out to be a pattern for that person, nipping it in the bud (in a kind way) would benefit everyone else who walks through that door. I hope your next visit is super positive and sunny. Sending encouraging hugs your way! Keep at it!

I weighed in this morning and am down another 3.6 lbs, bringing me to 39.6 lbs gone. My cholesterol went down 29 points! It wasn't a problem before, but now it's super low! This program works! Once I got over my mental commitment issues after the holidays (allowing "cheats" here & there) and buckled down, this got to be easy as (crustless, sugar-free) pie. So grateful!

Keep it going, friends! Thanks for your great motivation and encouragement on this journey.

Do you get your lab work done periodically at the clinic? I was under the impression that it was just the first visit? Also they have never taken a photo (fine with me), and only measured by abdomen at the first visit.
What should I expect at future visits?
dtg1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 05:31 PM   #324
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina1995 View Post
NCBookworm: Good job!! We are going down! Thanks for the visual, I will keep that in my head on the tough days.

Weighed in Monday. Down 1.8 pounds! So close to 140's.... I really wanted to see the 140's. I have to be careful and not get discouraged. I set myself up for disappointment when I try to predict that darn scale! I have a number in my head that I want to get to for the cruise. I really shouldn't play that game, it always gets my focus on the wrong things. I am NOT doing this for the cruise, I am doing this for LIFE!!!!

So don't laugh, but I am so worried about gaining weight on the cruise, I ordered a portable weight scale to bring with me... The old me would starve before an event like the cruise then go berserk during the event and never get back.

168/150.8/120 or 130

Do any of you weigh yourself everyday?
Hi Carolina I weigh myself daily to see if adding anything new slows down my losses. I told myself to stop this week because I'm becoming a slave to the scale. Sometimes I'll have an amazing day and the next morning gain 2 ounces it can get very discouraging. Like you I always have a number in my head also but I told myself I have to just wait and be surprised. I have not gone off plan in 44 days so I have to take comfort that the weight will come off because Im doing everything right. My beginning motivation was I am turning 30 in April and I have a Florida vacation then also. In the beginning I told myself be strict until April and then you can eat what you want on vacation and go back on plan but I've been so dedicated and consistent that I think I might go all the way until I reach 165.
Old 03-05-2013, 06:18 PM   #325
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtg1990 View Post
Do you get your lab work done periodically at the clinic? I was under the impression that it was just the first visit? Also they have never taken a photo (fine with me), and only measured by abdomen at the first visit.
What should I expect at future visits?
You'll get lab work done at every 30lbs lost, but its not full lab work like at the first visit. They took my picture at my first visit and then every 30lbs down. They only measured my abdomen twice.
Old 03-06-2013, 09:43 AM   #326
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: SusieQusie60
Stats: 180.5/172/150
WOE: Medi weightloss
Start Date: 3/7/13
OK - went this week and chatted at the clinic and am going back today for my first official consultation. I am very very excited and very very READY!

I've got 30 pounds to lose. I know that might not sound like so much to some people, but it's super serious to me. I'm unfortunately a crazy yo-yo dieter, and at this point in life (almost 53) I've finally reached the point where I don't seem to be able to drop the weight, at least not totally on my own. My doctor did suggest I should drop a few pounds - for general health reasons. I think that this might be just the push I need to get me jump-started!!

So, I'm trying to keep it somewhat on the quiet side - not sure why. I think I just don't want lots of people harassing me about it. And I know they will, because a couple of peeps that I have mentioned it to have given me a hard time about it. I think it seems a little extreme to some people for the amount of weight I have to lose, but I truly feel it's what I need right now. So, I'm very psyched and excited, and my husband thinks it's a great idea as long as it "makes me happy."

I've enjoyed reading this thread to sort of see what's in store for me today. There are soooooo many posts I definitely haven't read them all yet, but I plan on coming back whenever I get a chance to check it out. I look forward to getting to know all of you guys a little better as we go forward with this.

Wish me luck and the same to you!!!!!

SQ
SusieQusie60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 07:50 PM   #327
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Laurie North
Stats: 218.5/186.5/175
WOE: MWL
Start Date: August 10, 2011 and 2-18-13
Thrilled to be down 4.5# this week. My first week was a disappointing 1.5# loss. I was keeping to about 500 NET protein calories, but I was exercising like a fiend, so some days I was eating 800 or 900 calories. This was obviously not the right mix for me, so this week I dialed back the exercise and never exceeded 650 TOTAL calories. I am hungry though
Laurie North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 08:33 AM   #328
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ictdeb
Stats: 5'7" 264/229/165
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 3/1/13
Good morning! I went for my week 1 WI this morning and am down 6.4 lb. it's equal parts far and water. Not sure how I did that, but I think I'll take it. I've been consistently between 750 & 850 protein calories a day, which is right in the range they gave me.

Am I the only one who bleeds like a turnip? Last week, they couldn't find a vein for my initial blood draw so they chalked it up to dehydration and had me come in fasting again this week to try again. And...nothing! Okay, I know I have crazy hard veins to poke, but they've always managed to find one.
ictdeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 10:59 AM   #329
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: SusieQusie60
Stats: 180.5/172/150
WOE: Medi weightloss
Start Date: 3/7/13
Today is my first official day...

So, today is my first official day on the program and I'm feeling very motivated and excited - hope I can hold on to that!!!

I just want to put in a good word for the clinic that I'm going to. The people that work there are so unbelievably nice and helpful. I already sort of feel that I could be friends with these ladies! The nutritionist/counselor (who is probably about the same age as my daughter, and just as adorable) really cracked me up last night. She was giving me her card with her email on it, and told me to email her anytime I had a questions. I said to her (kiddingly) "how about your cell phone number in case I want to call you at any time?" and she actually asked me if I really wanted her cell number. She was going to give it to me! I thought that was quite cute.

So I had 2 shots last night, and I'm taking the prescription appetite suppresents. It's like I told them: I really need a jump start. I really need to be successful, especially from the beginning to keep me motivated. I want to use every possible "helper" I can to keep me on track.

I still haven't had the opportunity to go back and read through the posts here, but I swear I'm going to!! Take care.

SQ
SusieQusie60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 01:10 PM   #330
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Fit2010
Stats: Ht 5'3" Wt 12/09=190;9/10=137;2/14=196.5
WOE: MediWeightLoss-like/Atkins-like
Start Date: 12-28-09; restart 02-07-14
Welcome SQ and ictdeb (I went for years to the same clinic as you deb....isn't Dr Cobb awesome!) SQ, I am 3 years older than you and just wanted to jump in and say you CAN do this!! In 2010, with MWL support, I reached my goal...then I had deadly sinus infections and was put on tendonitis producing antibiotics to combat the sinusitis and could barely walk due to the pain (I could walk, it just really hurt)...and was in grad school at the time; unfortunately I regained most of what I had lost. I want to CHEER you on and plug in here again cuz I'm ready to get this wt off FOR GOOD!!! (Graduated from grad school Dec 2011 and had major sinus surgery in July....so ready to get at this weight loss again!)
Fit2010 is offline   Reply With Quote