Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2013, 11:30 AM   #271
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: katew1129
Stats: 232/212/130
WOE: Medi-weight loss
Start Date: January 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrislaurie View Post
Hey Curvygirl,

I am stunned that you would have recv'd such a comment from the person who is supposed to cheer you on and motivate you. I think you need to stand up for yourself and return to the clinic and settle this. Clearly, it has really hurt you- enough to skip a visit. You can't do that, you have got to face it and bring the comment to their attention. However, I am a confrontational person when I need to be. AT a minimum, Perhaps you could call the clinic and as to speak to the head of the clinic. You can't be the only person being treated this way...and may prevent others from it in the future. Speak up and bring it to the dietician's attention. Maybe she didn't mean to be hurtful, but either way she needs to be aware how her snippy comments can affect someone. Rise above it, return and march on. Only you can change how you feel and you can start by clearing your mind of the negativity. Don't let her bring you down, care enough for yourself to show her the program is for you by returning and facing her. I look forward to hearing how you resolved this... consider it a challenge!!!
I agree with this! We pay a lot of money to Medi and really one of the reasons I am back there is because of the encouragement of the staff there. I would definitely address it with the clinic. So so sorry that happened!
katew1129 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-12-2013, 08:09 AM   #272
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: NCBookworm
Stats: 245.6/188.0/155
Start Date: 10/19/12
Curvygirl, that is a bummer! If she indeed had bad intentions when she made that comment, then that's about her, and you don't have to take that on. If you get rubbed the wrong way again, it's worth talking directly to that person to check in and see what the problem is. Sometimes gruff people don't even know how they come across. I have a few family members like that! I'm not paying them, though, so if this turns out to be a pattern for that person, nipping it in the bud (in a kind way) would benefit everyone else who walks through that door. I hope your next visit is super positive and sunny. Sending encouraging hugs your way! Keep at it!

I weighed in this morning and am down another 3.6 lbs, bringing me to 39.6 lbs gone. My cholesterol went down 29 points! It wasn't a problem before, but now it's super low! This program works! Once I got over my mental commitment issues after the holidays (allowing "cheats" here & there) and buckled down, this got to be easy as (crustless, sugar-free) pie. So grateful!

Keep it going, friends! Thanks for your great motivation and encouragement on this journey.
NCBookworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 11:05 AM   #273
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: CurvyGirl
Stats: 228/196/??
Thanks for the support everyone! You're right: I can't let it bother me and should probably say something. This woman wasn't one of the medical professionals. Just someone who had done the diet and was working there. I need to let it go!

I have an appt on Saturday, so we'll see what happens then. I will definitely ask for a different counselor if she's paired with me again.

Great job this week, NCBookworm! So fantastic, and I bet it felt awesome to see your cholesterol down too.
CurvyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 03:17 PM   #274
Junior LCF Member

Ugh, crappy eating day, folks. I hate days when I work from home because I end up binging on weird things as I try to avoid working. Back at it tomorrow!

Hope you had a better day than me.
Old 02-12-2013, 04:48 PM   #275
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Carolina1995
Good Evening everyone. I am coming over from the Newbie thread, although I am in my first week, I have done this program before. Am doing on my own.

Katew1129 and chrislaurie have given me a warm welcome in the Newbie thread, good to see you here.

Day 4 doing well.... Plus did some exercise, just no as intense.

I am at that point where I really am not that hungry, just tired some times. It seems easier this time. I did spend two weeks prior cleaning up my diet and the last four weeks I have been caffeine free. I think that really helped.

Looking forward to the journey with you all.
Carolina1995 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 05:14 PM   #276
Junior LCF Member

Welcome, Carolina!! I'm glad that the first few days have gone well. This is a great group of supporters! Glad you're here!
Old 02-12-2013, 06:05 PM   #277
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Cricketleg
Stats: 212.8/194.2/165
Start Date: 12-29-12
Not a good eating day. Have been so tired, irritable, and had cravings all day. Succumbed to some carbs but am feeling much better tonight.

On a much happier note, I got the green light from the cardiologist to have the appetite suppressant. I'm hoping this will be just what I need to get recommitted and start seeing the weight come off again.
Cricketleg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 06:37 PM   #278
Junior LCF Member

Glad to hear about the green light, Cricket. I had a pretty terrible carb-filled day too. It happens. We'll get there!
Old 02-13-2013, 04:42 AM   #279
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: reinvented
Stats: 234/187.6/165
WOE: Medi/Stillmans
Start Date: 4/17/2009 restart 1/22/13
I've been doing well on the plan. Week 3 weigh in down 3.4 pounds. Down a total of 17.4 pounds. I'm happy with my results but the impatient part of me always finds a way to look at the glass as half empty. I still have about 51 pounds to lose to make it to goal. And sometimes I just feel like way too much to lose and I will never get there. I have to stay encouraged. Its tough its not that I crave carbs but sometimes you just get tired of the routine.

Cricket great news on the appetite suppressant. They are the only reason I go to the clinic without them I definitely wouldn't have made it this far. Good luck you can do it!
week 3 = 3.6 216.6
week 4 = 3.2 213.4
week 5= 4.2 209.2
Week 6=1.8 207.4
Week 7= 3.2 204.2
week 8= no loss went off plan a day
week 9= 6.2 198
reinvented is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 04:11 PM   #280
Junior LCF Member

OMG feel awful today! I think I have what I saw others post about, the "flu". I have to keep reminding myself, this too shall pass. Day 4. I had posted yesterday was day 4, but I started Saturday after breakfast (had a piece of toast), so technically it wasn't all day Saturday. Would you count Saturday as day one?

Great job, reinvented. It's great to hear the success. I know what you mean, when you look at the whole, it seems too much! I was feeling that way yesterday and decided to break my goal into smaller goals, just one at a time. So my next goal is 4 pounds. I also have a number of weeks goal. As I started two weeks prior on a low calorie clean diet to prepare myself, I count two weeks. So next goal is four weeks. I keep telling myself, I can do that!
Old 02-13-2013, 04:21 PM   #281
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Fit2010
Stats: Ht 5'3" Wt 12/09=190;9/10=137;2/14=196.5
WOE: MediWeightLoss-like/Atkins-like
Start Date: 12-28-09; restart 02-07-14
great job reinvented! I like you avatar name too!
Fit2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 07:55 AM   #282
Junior LCF Member

Welcome, Carolina! I would count Sunday as day 1. The carb flu will definitely pass! Plenty of water and electrolytes helped me out with the flu feelings that first week. Stick with it! You'll do great.

Reinvented, you rock! Keep up the great work! I have 51 lbs. to go before I reach goal, too. The first 39 have gone so fast and easily that I am pumped about these last 51. Crazy, huh? I have a feeling you'll feel the same way after a few more visits. Your clothes will be loose, friends/family will be commenting, crossing your legs will be easier and easier.... Then you'll know whatever you have left to lose is going to be easy!

Cricketleg, I am convinced the AS is going to make this a whole different experience for you! Can't wait to read your updates.

Happy Valentines Day, my Medi pals! No chocolates for me this year. I'm cool with it! By "cool with it," I mean my husband totally caught me poring over the See's Candy VD catalog in the bathroom the other week and had to pry it out of my hands and take it out to the recycling bin. We all have our weaknesses, no?
Old 02-15-2013, 05:52 AM   #283
Senior LCF Member

NCBookworm, that is too funny about the catalog!

So far so good with the AS. It does seem to be helping. I've been taking two doses a day to start and will add in the 3rd does today. I hope this makes the rest of my journey more successful and more positive! I had a really rough day on Tuesday and was ready to quit! Back on track since then.

Have a great weekend, Medi friends!
Old 02-15-2013, 10:14 AM   #284
Junior LCF Member

Today was much better than yesterday. Very tempted to just give it up! Today is day 6! Feel like I can get through today and tomorrow.

NCBookworm: Thanks for your advice and reminder on the electrolytes. On the way home I stopped by Rite Aide and bought some powerade zero. Downed two 32 oz bottles in the car!

I have a questions about the B12 supplements. I read some posts stating some clinics have moved away from shots and are going to the melts. I saw today at the grocery store B12 Quick Dissolving tablets with 6,000 mcg (6mg). What potency are the ones Medi supplies and how often do they prescribe?

Thank you all and have a Fantastic day!
Old 02-15-2013, 12:00 PM   #285
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jessica1129
Stats: 5'9 293/221.8/170
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: February 1, 2012
Congrats everyone on pushing through when it gets harder! It'll all be worth it in the end!

Cricketleg I hope the AS makes a big difference and makes it easier for you!

Carolina, congrats on almost being through your first week! It does get better after you can add in more foods! As for the medi bolic melts, they come in a 30 day supply and you just take one a day. You can go to medi's website under supplements and see the details, but here is what they contain : b6 5mg, b12 250mg chromium 250mg Medi Bolic proprietary blend 100mg which consists of insitol, choline bitartrate and L-methionine. The clinic told me its the same things that's in the shots so its more than just b12. I have them and like them.
Old 02-15-2013, 05:26 PM   #286
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: reinvented
Stats: 234/187.6/165
WOE: Medi/Stillmans
Start Date: 4/17/2009 restart 1/22/13
Thanks all for your encouragement. Today was one of those days where I was just sick and tired of the meat. I hardly ate actually because I felt like if I had one more piece of chicken or turkey I would gag. After your reading your comments I will keep on trucking on. I was tempted to give myself a off plan day tomorrow just to feel normal.
reinvented is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 04:53 AM   #287
Junior LCF Member

I know what you mean about getting sick of the choices, reinvented. I don't eat meat, but I get tired of eggs.

I've been having a hard time staying on plan lately, and decided to go back to week 1 this week. I haven't been taking my AS since I thought it was messing with my sleep schedule, but after a week of restless nights, I think it's probably just stress! So, getting back on track today. Week 1 with AS!

What's everyone having for breakfast? Anything exciting? I'm thinking eggs whites and feta. mmmm....feta
Old 02-16-2013, 03:55 PM   #288
Junior LCF Member

I'm having a good day! First time in almost 2 weeks where I've been happy with my choices. I think the AS has something to do with that. Hopefully it won't keep me up all night.

@Beaching, I'm going to see Zero Dark Thirty tonight, finally. Hopefully I can watch some of it with my eyes open!
Old 02-17-2013, 08:21 AM   #289
Junior LCF Member

I feel like I'm writing into the ether, but I'm just gonna keep going cuz it keeps me on track when I'm here. So, yesterday went exactly as planned. (PS: Zero Dark Thirty is worth seeing). Today has started fine, but I'm going to lunch in the city and I'm a little nervous. I have this tendency to say, "oh this meal is a special once because I've never been here and I can't just get salad/veggie burger/whatever. I need to try their awesome stuff." I'm going to try to avoid that today since I really need to stay focused. Fingers crossed. Going to another movie tonight, Les Mis. Trying to see all the Oscar movies before next Sunday. Only 3 more to go!

Hope everyone's weekend is going well and you're all having an easy time making good choices
Old 02-17-2013, 03:17 PM   #290
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: snickers..mama
Stats: 221/169/145
WOE: medi wt loss
Start Date: 12/2012
Does any one else find it hard to get in their protein? I start the day trying to save calories invade I need them. Then at the end of the day have to eat them and not hungry. Sigh. My clinic told me to add a protein shake unfortunatly I can not do them too often because. Of my iron supplement. I will be glad when I am no longer anemic.
snickers..mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 05:11 PM   #291
Junior LCF Member

Jesica1129: Thanks for the info!!! Don't think there's an over the counter options with that high of vitamin B12. I am doing this on my own this time. Did find some lower level melts.

CurveyGirl: Great job on getting on track, it's so hard to get back on the wagon, but it only takes one good day to feel empowered again. Hope you did well at your lunch. Remember to focus on those you are with and not celebrate with food. Zero Dark Thirty, very good flick! Let us know how you like Les Mis. Like you goal!

snickers mama: I think eating every three hours helps me get the protein in. My clinic was always adamant about eating frequently. I use a soft sided lunch bag and measure three servings of 2 oz protein in baggies (chicken, fish, etc.). Use the protein drinks to help, but if you can't have them.... don't know. Do you eat the zero fat greek yogurt?

I finished day 7 yesterday!!! OMG how tough.... today I added vegis and oil. Still feel tired. How long before everyone got their energy back after the first week?

Have a great evening!
Old 02-17-2013, 07:48 PM   #292
Senior LCF Member

Carolina, for me when I first started every day after day 4 got a little better until I was feeling normal again. Probably by the middle of my 2nd week I got my energy back. This time just a few days in and I felt fine again. I'm doing this on my own for now too, I just still have the melts from when I went to the clinic before. I wonder if we're able to buy them while not being active patients? My husband is doing this with me also, and he was very tired and cranky until he adjusted, which took over 2 weeks for him. This is his first time doing low carb though so I'm not sure if that makes a difference.
Jessica1129 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 08:04 PM   #293
Senior LCF Member

I asked at my clinic Thursday about the melts/shots. They said that there was a major shortage of the supplement because of extra regulations on how they are made. But my clinic is able to use a different supplier in town so they are still giving shots.

I asked about the melts and she said they were about 85% as effective as the shots.
Old 02-18-2013, 05:13 AM   #294
Junior LCF Member

Jessica1129: You are so helpful! How have you been doing since your restart.
Old 02-18-2013, 07:51 AM   #295
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: chrislaurie
WOE: lo carb
Hi all-
I have been super busy and frustrated the past 2 weeks. I have followed plan and stalled last week despite the amazing amounts of exercise I got in due to a blizzard as well as focused commitment to exercise. It seemed to have had a negative impact though. I lost 3lbs of fat but gained 3 pounds of muscle and 2lbs water. I guess there is some positive but I just don't trust the scale..but maybe should put some stock in it now. Hoping the scale is better this week showing a loss. I will persevere!!
chrislaurie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 07:52 AM   #296
Senior LCF Member

Snickers, I never have had trouble getting my protein in. I consider protein before any other food for each meal. Are you weighing your protein on a scale? Can you eat some red meat which is higher in calories?
Old 02-18-2013, 07:53 AM   #297
Senior LCF Member

Curvygirl, keep writing and remember lots of people read the posts for motivation but few take the time to post!
Old 02-18-2013, 07:55 AM   #298
Senior LCF Member

snickers...just realized you don't eat meat, that must be why you have a hard time getting in protein. Do you eat beans? I wondered how that affects your carb intake.

Last edited by chrislaurie; 02-18-2013 at 07:56 AM..
Old 02-18-2013, 10:22 AM   #299
Junior LCF Member

Reinvented, I really do get tired of plain chicken and turkey, so I have to get creative to stay on track. The Medi website and Pinterest are awesome for low-carb recipe inspiration. Some weeks I'll make a huge pan of stuffed zucchini (ground turkey, Bella Vita low-carb tomato sauce from Netrition, mushrooms, mozzarella) and eat that for a few lunches and dinners. The Medi site has an awesome chicken/broccoli casserole recipe that I tweaked a little. Tilapia baked with dill and lemon, grilled scallops, ground turkey taco salad.... It's easiest if I plan the week ahead over the weekend. Find some new recipes and try them out! Then report back.

CurvyGirl, I hope you had a great lunch in the city! I am the same way about rationalizing little cheats here and there. I LOVE FOOD (obviously) and going out to eat at fantastic restaurants, and I love parties! My weight loss was slow over the holidays because I kept telling myself I had to have a little piece of cake or a cookie or a glass of wine here and there. Beaching started this thread; I got super inspired by everyone's commitment and recommitted to staying on program. Now the pounds are falling off, which helps me stay committed. I had a chance to eat at Huge Acheson's (Top Chef) restaurant the other weekend, and I stayed on plan. My old self would have rationalized a big ol' cheat, but now that I know this program works, it's not worth it to me. Once I reach my goal, I'll be able to eat carbs in moderation, so I can suck it up for the next few months! I will say that I allowed myself two glasses of wine at a special occasion this past Friday, and my weight loss completely stalled for the entire weekend! I know it kicked me out of ketosis. That's all the info I need to get me back on track. Today I will say SHUT UP YOU GUYS when the dark chocolate-covered marshmallows at Trader Joe's are screaming my name.

Carolina, I hope your carb flu symptoms have passed! I love the strawberry flavor of Powerade Zero. My favorite!

Snickers, my clinic (Kate's too!) is big on "front loading" your protein calories at the beginning of the day. I totally understand wanting to hoard them for the rest of the day, but once I tried front loading, I knew that's what works best for me. I'm not hungry later on because I started my day off with more calories. I'm at a 600-700 goal now, so I may do 200 calories for breakfast, two 75ish-calorie snacks, a 150-cal lunch, and a 100-150-calorie dinner. Totally opposite from how I ate before (dinner was my biggest meal). Try front loading for a couple of days and see how you like it!

Chrislaurie, I despise that Tanita scale. One week it says I lost mostly muscle and water, and then the next week I've somehow put on 5 lbs of muscle and lost a ton of fat. I've resigned myself to paying attention to only the big number and the way my clothes fit. When I get closer to goal, I'll take the lean mass number more seriously. I'm doing strength training, so it's not like I'm wasting away. Make sure you're adding in your exercise fuel and drinking tons of water. Shoveling snow requires serious fuel! It's weird to think that we need MORE calories to lose weight when we exercise, but who am I to argue with eating more?

Jessica, I agree with Carolina that you are super helpful and a great encourager! How has your restart been going?

Cricketleg, how's it going with the AS?

Kate, how are you? I keep hoping to run into you at the clinic. I'll have to show your pic to Val and have her slip you a note from me one day. We can be walking buddies.

Longest post ever! Hope y'all have a super week. I weigh in on Friday and will post an update!
Old 02-18-2013, 11:20 AM   #300
Senior LCF Member

Carolina & NCBookworm, thanks. I used to come to this board when I first started, and it was extremely helpful and motivating. So I just try to do my part now! My restart has been going great (I think) I'm trying not to weigh so much, since I don't have the tanita scale to break the number down for me. When I was going to the clinic the numbers were never really off for me so I paid a lot of attention to the breakdowns. I'm doing some strength training now & I know I'll either hold on to water or gain some muscle and I really don't want to let the number discourage me. But! When I restarted my jeans were really snug and my wedding ring fit just right (not my actual wedding ring. That got too big a while ago and I'm waiting until I hit goal to have it resized) Anyway, my jeans are too big now and I can't keep this ring on my finger either! So I know I'm making progress.
Jessica1129 is online now   Reply With Quote