Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Medi Weightloss (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/medi-weightloss/)
-   -   Phase 2 (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/medi-weightloss/792087-phase-2-a.html)

chapman182 12-26-2012 12:24 PM

Phase 2

Whatsup guys!

So I did the medi program a long time ago and lost over 40lbs. That was when I was sixteen. Now at 21, I've decided to start the diet again WITHOUT the facilities assistance.

I have a day by day meal plan for the acute phase, but I don't remember how to go about phase 2:dunno:

Can someone please break down phase 2 for me?

Thanks so much,

Shaun

chapman182 12-27-2012 06:35 PM

Bump. Can someone please reply?

CrazyCatLady 12-28-2012 08:51 AM

Sorry, I'm not sure what you're referring to as phase two. Besides, each clinic can be different, and the plan can be modified to fit each person's requirements. And although I don't mind providing encouragement to people trying to do this on their own, it is intended to be a physician monitored diet, so I don't think anyone here can really break down what all you need to do other than reduce your calories and carbs. If you have a more specific question, I will do my best to try to answer it though.

chapman182 12-28-2012 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazyCatLady (Post 16156844)
Sorry, I'm not sure what you're referring to as phase two. Besides, each clinic can be different, and the plan can be modified to fit each person's requirements. And although I don't mind providing encouragement to people trying to do this on their own, it is intended to be a physician monitored diet, so I don't think anyone here can really break down what all you need to do other than reduce your calories and carbs. If you have a more specific question, I will do my best to try to answer it though.

Sorry, what I meant by phase 2 is: when do you start adding veggies and salad? Is that a week after the acute phase or 2 weeks? My apologies for the lack of information:cry:

CrazyCatLady 12-28-2012 12:36 PM

No problem! For me it was after one week, but I've heard of others that took two weeks because they were not yet in ketosis. Do you have the strips to test and see if you are in ketosis yet?

chapman182 12-28-2012 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazyCatLady (Post 16157254)
No problem! For me it was after one week, but I've heard of others that took two weeks because they were not yet in ketosis. Do you have the strips to test and see if you are in ketosis yet?

Yep, sure do! :)

CrazyCatLady 12-28-2012 03:13 PM

If you're in ketosis, then you can start adding veggies. Start slow, keep track of your carbs, and keep checking to make sure you don't go out of ketosis. The general rule is 1 cup of cooked or 2 cups of raw, low carb vegetables a day (you can google 'lowest carb vegetables' if you can't remember which ones). Staying under 40 carbs a day is what worked for me, but it's different for different people. Some need to go lower to stay in ketosis, and some can go a bit higher. I hope that helps. Good luck!