Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-23-2012, 08:49 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CrazyCatLady
Stats: 5'6 229/147/145-150
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: May 11, 2012
Final 3 pounds in 2 weeks - let's do this!

I have 3 lbs left and I'm determined not to stretch this out any longer! I decided I needed to try a different strategy, since I keep eating around 1100-1200 calories a day despite having a planned consumption of 760. I figured out that if I eat 960 calories a day for two weeks, I should lose the final 3 pounds. So that is what I set as my goal. I also set my carbs at 60 rather than 40, since I will be slowly working up to 100 for maintenance anyway. Hopefully by setting a more realistic goal and planning the extra calories, I will be able to stay on track and not feel quite so out of control. And really, that's what has been bothering me the most these past weeks - that feeling that I'm losing control of my eating. Funny how it can be so hard to see something so obvious!

I've already planned my food for today, and it seems like a ridiculous amount. Let's hope this strategy of eating somewhere between the prescribed diet and maintenance will do the trick and get me to my final goal!
CrazyCatLady is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-25-2012, 08:28 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Good luck everyone on the holiday temptations! I plan to bring a big tray of raw veggies (that I will munch on before the meal), as well as cooked ones (to fill most of my plate during the meal) and sugar free desserts. This is the same strategy I used on Thanksgiving that worked pretty well for me. I fill up on the low carb veggies, eat a couple of spoonfuls of some other dishes, and then only eat the sugar free desserts instead of the high calorie ones. Everybody enjoy your day!
Old 12-26-2012, 12:03 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Well, I ate about 1800 calories yesterday (300 of that was a late night binge of the leftover sugar free pumpkin cheese cake bars I made). Not good, but not bad either. At least, not bad enough to continue beating myself up for it. It's done, and it was pretty freaking yummy. Now it's time to get back to it!
Old 12-27-2012, 06:53 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: beaching
Stats: 159/144/125
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 1/3/13
Hi Crazy Cat,

Go girl, you are so close to crossing the goal line and transitioning to the all important maitenance phase.

I'm going to need you as ongoing inspiration and advice when I start next week.

I get a little bummed when I see so many forum members that start posting after beginning Medi, perhaps get discouraged, post a hadful of times and then drop off.

I have no illusions that this is going to be easy.

I have to be 100% purpose driven.

It's humanly unlikely to have big losses after the intial week and I will NOT be discouraged.

This is a process over time with consistent behavioral changes and learning to live a healthier lifestyle.

It's not an overnight fix as you have demonstrated.

You can do it!

beaching is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 08:09 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Yeah, there doesn't seem to be a lot of traffic in this forum, so sometimes you don't get a response when you post something. But a lot of people do seem to READ the posts, so I keep posting whether I get a response of not. I've tried to come back and respond to all the new posts, but of course you can only keep that up for so long. So I come back and respond when I can. :-) There is a TON of helpful information here if you go back through the archives, so maybe that's why there's no need for many new posts.

Good luck with your journey! And remember, it is what you make it. It's all up to you!
Old 12-28-2012, 08:16 PM   #6
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Lynnea
Stats: 192/180/155 5'3"
WOE: Medi-Weight Loss Plan
Start Date: Aug 2014 Restart
I'm glad you continue posting...I don't post much, but i do look for your posts whenever I come here. You are very inspirational....

You've done so great...
Lynnea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 10:02 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Awe, thanks! I really appreciate all the positive feedback. :-)
Old 12-30-2012, 04:46 PM   #8
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Caterpillarinn
Stats: 178/144/140
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: July 2012
CrazyCat-You have done amazing & keep everyone inspired.
[photo of me chinking my water glass to you]

I took 1.5 months off (it would have been impossible for me to stay on program & travel as much as I did, dealing with stress) and I gained 5 lbs. I'm not going to complain.

I'm starting my first week, again, to kick start & purge all the sugar/carbs from my body from the holidays.

Here's to getting this far & a bright New Year!
Caterpillarinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 05:16 PM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Why thank you! I clink my bowl of sugar free jello right back at ya! LOL!
Old 12-30-2012, 09:10 PM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Well, I'm still struggling a bit. My calories are ranging 1000-1200 a day. I know that's still a deficit, but I wish I could go lower like I was before. I don't know if it's because I know I'm almost done and basically happy at the weight I am, if I've developed a tolerance to the AS, or if it's just the holidays and stress (I've got some personal things going on that are really stressing me out). It's probably a combination of all three. I don't go to the clinic again until the 4th, and I don't have a scales at home, so we'll see how things progress. Until then, I'll just keep on doing my best!
Old 12-31-2012, 05:20 AM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Fingers crossed, Crazy Cat...we're pulling for you!

Old 12-31-2012, 08:46 AM   #12
Senior LCF Member

Thank you! I changed my strategy again, and today my meal plan is back to what I did at the beginning. Basically it's a protein shake for breakfast, salad with chicken and olive oil dressing for lunch, yogurt and a cheese stick for snacks (along with a pack of snow peas for backup), and eggbeaters for supper followed by my after dinner diet cocoa. I really want to be done this week, so hopefully having such a close deadline will help me stick to the plan. I also plan to go to an extra exercise class since I'm off work on Tuesday and my gym is open (and I'm staying in for NYE). Here goes nothing!
Old 01-01-2013, 01:42 PM   #13
Senior LCF Member

Well, my planned menu took a detour, as it sometimes does, and I ended up eating about 950 calories. Not as low as I was striving for, but an improvement none-the-less! And this morning I FORCED myself to get up and go to Pilates. And believe me, it was a struggle. But I'm so, so happy that I did!

Now I'm eating some super yummy soup made of chicken, zucchini, orange and yellow bell peppers, celery, cauliflower, green onion, various spices and a small amount of parmesan. I'm getting really good at making soup, it's become my go-to food. The extra liquid fills you up, and the veggies keep it low calorie. I also sometimes add spinach, cabbage, yellow squash, green beans, and occasionally fat free cream cheese. Just make sure you measure everything carefully so that you can make an accurate count of the carbs and calories - even the spices. I've found using fresh produce keeps the cost down, but I also use frozen vegetables as well.

And now it's time to get some more water in. Happy New Years day everyone!
Old 01-01-2013, 07:33 PM   #14
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: barbwired
Stats: 227/171/142
WOE: Low Carb/Low Cal
Start Date: November 17, 2010
Happy New Years! You are doing great. How nice is it to start the new year looking and feeling great? Keep it up. I love your creative recipes! I may make some soup tomorrow
barbwired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 09:07 PM   #15
Senior LCF Member

Why thank you! I just experiment, and believe me, sometimes it doesn't work out. But I'm beginning to get a feel for what goes together.

When I first tried parmesan cheese in soup, I had no idea if it would dissolve or clump up or what. But it thickens soup quite nicely and gives it a good flavor. Same with the fat free cream cheese. I do usually add them at the end after the veggies have cooked. I have no real reason for that, it just seems like I've read somewhere to do it. :-)

I also have a staple of spices that I use in pretty much everything. They include coarse ground black pepper, garlic salt, onion powder, cajun seasoning and paprika. I'm sure everyone has their own favorites though.
Old 01-02-2013, 09:32 AM   #16
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Caterpillarinn
Stats: 178/144/140
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: July 2012
It was recommended to me that I could do week 1 again at anytime to "kickstart".

Or, maybe you are wanting to get acclimated to the higher calories for maintenance?

I love your recipe ideas.
Caterpillarinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 05:59 PM   #17
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LTinNC
Stats: 206/175.2/159
Start Date: 3/30/12
crazycatlady....good luck tomorrow on losing those last 3!!!
LTinNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 08:42 PM   #18
Senior LCF Member

Thanks! I've just about decided whatever I end up tomorrow, that's it. Physically I feel like I'm at the ideal weight, so I don't want to get stuck on a number. Everyone keeps telling me not to lose anymore, even though I'm actually a pound or so outside of what the government considers a healthy weight. I think I have a somewhat large frame though, I definitely carry it differently than other people. My hips are a size 12 while my waist is a size 8 or 10. Then I have somewhat wide shoulders and have always been big chested. Everyone keeps saying I don't look like a size 12, but more like an 8. So I'm going to see what happens tomorrow, and as long as I haven't gained (shudder), I'm going to proceed to maintenance.
Old 01-04-2013, 04:30 AM   #19
Senior LCF Member

You are amazing. Here's to today!

Old 01-04-2013, 10:26 AM   #20
Senior LCF Member

Well, I wouldn't have believed it, I weighed in at 147.5! My main goal was 150 because that puts me in the healthy BMI range, but apparently I set my goal as 145 at the clinic (which I didn't remember doing). But whatevs! I made my goal and I'm so happy!

My next two weeks will be pretty much what I've already been doing, so it's entirely possible I'll make 145 by then. But as I said earlier, I'm not going to get stuck on a number, I'm going to go by how I look and feel. My main goal now is working in a few more fruits and veggies - maybe some brown rice or oats, all without going overboard. But no more white flour, excess sugar or bingeing on the starchy foods for me ever again! Woohoo!
Old 01-04-2013, 02:39 PM   #21
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LTinNC
Stats: 206/175.2/159
Start Date: 3/30/12
so happy for you CCL (crazycatlady)!!! looking forward to hearing what you think of the next phase..i WILL be there someday soon!

i weighed in at the clinic today, too. i gained 2lbs. i have not weighed in since nov 30th. i know its not an excuse, but we traveled a lot over the holidays and i couldnt drink that gallon of water a day and my exercise was sporadic. diet was OK. not perfect. this is the first time since i started medi, march 30, that i have had a gain. back on track now!
LTinNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 03:02 PM   #22
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Desert-Rose7
Stats: 5'11"/262/150/150
WOE: MediWeightLoss
Start Date: 12/19/08 in Wellness since 09/03/2009
Congrats, Catlady...You did it. Maintenance is not a picnic, but you have the mindset to make it work for you. You will do it for certain...

I see that the participation in here is not at all what it once was, but it is sustainable. As long as people can read and learn from the posters, it is a good thing. Those of us who have been around for a while have watched many people begin the program, become almost fanatical about it, and then just drop off the forum completely. There are others like myself, who have been successful and pop in from time to time to see how everyone is doing. And checking new threads/recipes.

Again, congrats to you!

Jo (desert-rose7)
Old 01-05-2013, 06:20 PM   #23
Senior LCF Member

Thank you! Yeah, I'm trying to figure this maintenance thing out, and it's a little scary. I ate 1/2 cup of brown rice tonight and I feel a little guilty. Silly, I know. I probably would have gotten past that, but right as I was justifying my eating the rice with the fact that I was 10 calories under goal for the day, I realized I forgot to include one whole egg!!! Grrr!

So, moral of the story folks... we all mess up, you just have to keep going. Plus, I ate lots of good healthy food today, including numerous vegetables, low fat cottage cheese, eggs, blueberries, walnuts, baked chicken, more vegetables, and a healthy but yummy protein shake. Oh, and brown rice - we can't forget that! Yum!
Old 01-06-2013, 06:01 AM   #24
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyCatLady View Post
Thank you! Yeah, I'm trying to figure this maintenance thing out, and it's a little scary. I ate 1/2 cup of brown rice tonight and I feel a little guilty.
Cricket, I hope you enjoyed that brown rice! You have earned that brown rice over months of consistent hard work! Good for you!

I dream of the day I can have brown rice....
Old 01-06-2013, 10:55 AM   #25
Senior LCF Member

Yes, it's weird to be so excited about brown rice, but it was good. I think I had to go that long without it to really get that it is something to eat sparingly. I realize now that it's a matter of basing your diet on lean protein and low carb vegetables, and then adding the healthy carbs (whole grains, fruit, etc.) here and there to round it out. Before I was doing exactly the opposite! I was filling up on carbs, and adding the rest as an after thought.

I think you also have to get past the thought that you 'need' that full feeling that over indulging in carbs gives you. At least for me it's been that way. I think I was so used to using that feeling to sooth my emotions, that I didn't even realize I was doing it.

Last edited by CrazyCatLady; 01-06-2013 at 11:33 AM..
Old 01-06-2013, 11:27 AM   #26
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jessica1129
Stats: 5'9 293/221.8/170
Start Date: February 1, 2012

Congrats CrazyCatLady!!! I haven't been posting much but I do still check in to read other posts. You've done an amazing job!
Jessica1129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 10:02 PM   #27
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Jessica!

Wow, this transition phase is hard! It seems like it would be easy...

...just add a half of cup of brown rice to lunch, a half of sweet potato to supper, and a pear for a snack, done! Wait, my carbs are way over!

Do it all again... now my protein is too low!

Do it again... now my calories are too high!

Geesh, I've been doing this with no problem for months, but modify it just a little, and suddenly it's taking me over an hour to figure out the next day's meals. Sigh... I figure it out eventually, but good grief, it's not easy!

Last edited by CrazyCatLady; 01-08-2013 at 10:04 PM..
Old 01-09-2013, 05:26 AM   #28
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Thanks Jessica!

Wow, this transition phase is hard! It seems like it would be easy...

...just add a half of cup of brown rice to lunch, a half of sweet potato to supper, and a pear for a snack, done! Wait, my carbs are way over!

Do it all again... now my protein is too low!

Do it again... now my calories are too high!

Geesh, I've been doing this with no problem for months, but modify it just a little, and suddenly it's taking me over an hour to figure out the next day's meals. Sigh... I figure it out eventually, but good grief, it's not easy!
Well, from everything I've heard, transition is a huge learning and tweaking period of time. But to think that we will learn our macronutrients and be able to figure out exactly what works for us is amazing.

Hopefully, no more mindless eating.

Are you working out Cricket? Do you have a regular exercise routine, schedule?
Old 01-09-2013, 08:01 AM   #29
Senior LCF Member

I think you're mixing Cricket and I up, I'm CrazyCatLady, like on The Simpsons. :-)

As for exercise, I go to a class on Saturdays, and I've just tried to increase my activities the rest of the week - i.e. taking the stairs at work, doing stuff around the house while watching tv (instead of sitting on the couch), etc. I really need to work in some more exercising, but I haven't managed to do it yet. I do have some ideas, I just need to implement them.
Old 01-09-2013, 09:33 AM   #30
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I think you're mixing Cricket and I up, I'm CrazyCatLady, like on The Simpsons. :-)

Of course I meant you, dear Catlady.