Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2012, 09:56 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ferrarimomof3
Stats: 226.6/125/125.6
WOE: Medi- short maintenance phase
Start Date: 1/11/11
Thyroid issues

Hi everyone,

It has been a while since I have been on here. I lost 101lbs last year on Medi and I am sad to say I have gained about half of it back. I maintained for about 4 months and then had one sickness after another and steroid after steroid. Then about 3 months ago found out I have an under active thyroid. I suspected a problem when I went back on my medi diet in late summer. 500 calories a day and gained 5lbs that week.

My question is does anyone else have a thyroid problem like this and follow Medi. I unfortunately can't afford to go back to Medi now and I will have to do this on my own and with y'all's support. I just not sure if it is okay to take the B12 and other B vitamins with the thyroid medicine. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am tired of avoiding people I know and not going places because of the weight gain. I am very upset about it and just hide out. I miss the person I was when I was happy with myself. I don't even want to go see my GYN and it is time because he was my Medi doctor and I am so ashamed. I made my weight loss very public right down to being in the newspaper and my doctor was very proud of me. I hate to see another person with the look of surprise on their face. Please help. Thanks in advance.
ferrarimomof3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-06-2012, 05:47 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LTinNC
Stats: 206/175.2/159
Start Date: 3/30/12
i have hypothyroid and i have done medi successfully, although slower than most people.
i only lost 6.1 the first 2 weeks and as you know most people lose double that! even now, i am only losing about 5 lbs per MONTH. i am 13lbs from goal...if i dont change it...

i can not answer your question about the b vitamins...but i can tell you that my thyroid levels have not gone up or down since i have been on medi. i go again in like feb to have them rechecked and maybe now after losing 33lbs i will need less medication?! doubt it.

as for being ashamed, don't be. weightloss is a journey that never ends for most people. that is why weightloss is such a big business! unfortunately, slip ups are hard to hide. so, keep your head up! let others think what they want! you know what worked last time and you can do it again!

good luck!

lisa
LTinNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 11:46 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ferrarimomof3
Stats: 226.6/125/125.6
WOE: Medi- short maintenance phase
Start Date: 1/11/11
Thanks Lisa for the encouraging words. Keep up the hard work yourself.
ferrarimomof3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 02:35 PM   #4
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Zackery2011
Taking B vitamins is usually a GOOD thing when you have hypothyroidism. Usually most ppl who are hypo have vitamin deficiencies such as b12, d, and iron. You may want to get blood work done on those. At least this is what multiple doctors I have seen say. Before medi I would take a 1 a day woman, b-12, d, and fish oil. believe me- I definitely would feel the difference when I missed a few days. The vitamins made me feel more like a normal person and gave me more energy.
Zackery2011 is offline   Reply With Quote