Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2012, 09:35 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Meisterbalogna
Starting Again- Vegetarian, Possibly w/o pills?

Hello,

I did the medi plan this time last year and lost 25 pounds which was fantastic. Afterwards, however, I had really terrible stomach problems for a while and even ended up in the emergency room from them. It turns out a lot of it was to do with the crazy amounts of meat. This isn't to say medi is bad, just bad for my tummy.

Since then I've become primarily vegetarian but do still eat meat on occasion if I crave it. I also try to stay away from highly processed foods and won't eat splenda or any "fake" foods and condiments. I'd really like to start medi again but am wondering if I'm just asking for trouble with my stomach issues and also wondering if it's at all possible to do without the appetite suppressants and all of the pills.

Thoughts?
Meisterbalogna is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-26-2012, 10:29 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CrazyCatLady
Stats: 5'6 229/147/145-150
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: May 11, 2012
I've seen a lot of people on here talk about doing the diet without the appetite suppressants. I find they take the edge off the hunger, but aren't super powerful. As for 'all of the pills', the rest of the pills I take are vitamins and I believe are very important when reducing your calories dramatically.

It seems like I've read that you can do the diet vegetarian. Personally, I eat more dairy than meat for my protein, like cottage cheese, greek yogurt, cheese, whey protein shakes, etc. And of course there's always tofu. I don't see why you couldn't do a vegetarian version. Good luck!
CrazyCatLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 07:21 PM   #3
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Meisterbalogna
Thanks! I'm nervous but I have an appointment for tomorrow morning. I'll post my findings here for anyone else considering the same stuff.
Meisterbalogna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 09:22 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CrazyCatLady
Stats: 5'6 229/147/145-150
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: May 11, 2012
I'd love to hear about some vegetarian protein options. I recently discovered roasted edamame, which is pretty yummy. I've really developed a love for vegetables since starting this diet. Tonight I had roasted green beans with garlic & parmesan and grilled yellow squash with paprika & onion powder (each sprayed liberally with Pam) - yum!
CrazyCatLady is offline   Reply With Quote